Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38241 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by duduyemi: 6:51pm On May 08, 2007
lol, well i know for fact that kituan cannot be the governor because we would be doomed to the same thread of happenings that we are witnessing today in our polity and governace.
My concise opinion.

well kituan is simply being blind to some things because of your loyalty to AC. Street has made some valid points, that is inference to the money stolen and paid to certain named people, but at this point with the inuaguration date drawing closer and less evidence of support its hardly gonna change anything. LOL the impeachment, well we all know what is really going on but it seems like only kituan is blind to the facts and reality, because we really do know that no action or act by pedro warrants and impeachment proceeding.

At this point we just all have to sit back and watch things play out,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by atiku4lyfe: 7:29pm On May 08, 2007
i cant believe i just read all the messages. here is my take.

1. streetfighter, you are too emotional. CAALLLMM DOOOWWWN! you act like you know too much. in fact, being that you are NOT a member of pedro's campaign team (u sound too fake to be part of their team), you opened your mouth to quickly. and judging from the fact that others on this thread may be a part of other campaign teams, you let a lot of strategy out in the open, although it sounds like some of the shit u typed, you heard in beer parlor. your candidate might have you to blame for the way you were talking here.

2. kitaun, you have been very consistent, i am not surprised, we AC people are cool, calm and consitent like your candidate fashola cool cool. i am not a lagosian, but by far the candidate who had the best visibility outside of lagos was fashola. but i think we should be realistic here, we all know there was rigging in lagos too. we know what went down there. but i am still BEEFING tinubu, because he wants to dump us. and its is become evident outside lagos that he is a double-standard hypocrite, from the way he is treating his deputy governor.

3. hoa62 you sound like you are a diehard like streetfighter. but you only get emotional when pedro's name cames up. you are calm about the other candidates. your candidate fought a good battle, people outside lagos like him a lot. but i hope the things streetfighter was saying are lies because it will be a shame to agbaje if they are true.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 8:16pm On May 09, 2007
Streetcyph e pain you reach this level?
Kai! I suppose my post makes sense now and Pedro has 'galantly' resigned.
I'm not a name-calling person and it's high time you take a vacation so as to find d --- disturbing you.
It's so unfortunate. . . If he didn't play d role of a coward, there'll be no need 4 d impeachment few weeks to d end of his tenure or d Resignation.

caring.thinking.working
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by duduyemi: 8:30pm On May 09, 2007
ok ok wait HOL THE Bleep UP!!, lol, mustay did u just call pedro a coward, you my frend a delusional and biased, when the other candidates stood on the podium to denounce the elections , where was your agbaje guy, meanwhile pedro led the other contestants on the denouncement of the results, even though he knew of the threat of tinubu coming down on him, i think he is a very brave man, to be able to stand up to his boss by leaving AC dude to the unfairness and running the campaign, plus the aftermath of the election, afikuyomi, agbaje(who is fighting a delusional fight) at the tribunal knowing nothing is gonna come out of it,

and as for the resignation, why tarnish the lil rep he has be having an impeachment on his record , if you don't know what that means , that means if found guilty he cannot hold any government office, so dude i suggest you keep yoru biased comments to ur self, if u really dont know wat you are talkin about, ppl like kitaun have stuck to there guns on where they stand, but you are just flip flopin and look for somn to say about pedro
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by laudate: 9:28pm On May 09, 2007
Abeg, PDP Lagos should go and put their house in order, first!

They committed political hara-kiri & shot themselves in the foot, when they decided to field 'Koro, in this election. The guy was and still is, an 'unsellable' product, pardon my French.

If they had fielded a candidate in the mould of the late Funso Williams, or if that charming guy had been alive to contest this election, PDP Lagos would have won, or taken over the state from AC & it's allies. Let me rephrase that. At the very least, they would have given Tinubu & his godson Fashola, a run for their money.

Anyway, the election is over. Make we just pray say Eko no go spoil. Shikena!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by duduyemi: 9:38pm On May 09, 2007
wait wait lets forget the elections for a minute, they have come n gone, lemme ask, WHy is tinubu meeting with yardua and telling atiku to vury the hatchet, i thot he said yardua wouldnot be accpetd by the nigerian people because he did not win the elections
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by atiku4lyfe: 10:06pm On May 09, 2007
Mustay:

Streetcyph e pain you reach this level?
Kai! I suppose my post makes sense now and Pedro has 'galantly' resigned.
I'm not a name-calling person and it's high time you take a vacation so as to find d --- disturbing you.
It's so unfortunate. . . If he didn't play d role of a coward, there'll be no need 4 d impeachment few weeks to d end of his tenure or d Resignation.

caring.thinking.working

mustay, i hope the caring thinking working part of your post is not a reference to jimi agbaje, because jimi agbaje will be ashamed of you.

what is with you and pedro? why have u continued to attack the guy?

it is bad that tinubu supported my man, yet he is attacking his own man. it does not abode well.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 6:49pm On May 10, 2007
Mustay. I do think both Pedro and agbaje have a common enemy. TInubu, the father of all touts!,

I really dont believe Tinubu is much different from OBJ and this Pedro thing is more evidence supporting that theory.

What are they impeaching him for?? I do think it is smart for him to resign.
This is what lagos has become, the governor tells the house to do something, and so as to gain his favor they waltz along like senseless dogs. Their children should be ashamed of them.

This is what i feared, we have a God father. A baba lamidi adedibu in lagos. I am sure he has picked out all members of Fasholas cabinet already.
God help us,
How can the news compare this tout, this rogue to Awo??

Na wa O
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 7:00pm On May 10, 2007
And duduyemi, what are you talking about?? Although i dont agree with Mustay saying Pedro is a coward for resigning, your reference to Agbaje not gettting on camera with PDP e.t.c makes no sense and is of no consequence since he had a parallel pressconference urging INEC to cancel the elections.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by atiku4lyfe: 7:24pm On May 10, 2007
indeed i am worried by the ammount of feedback this issue is getting. even people here in abuja are discussing it.

the issues are that pedro made political mistakes one too many times. but if it is inddeed true that he has tried 3 times in the past 2 weeks to tender his resignation, only to be denied by tinubu, that is a dissapointment because every man has the right to resign simple. you do not need assembly to apporve resignation. so why didnt they jsut approve his resignation since last 2 weeks? obviously their mission was to disgrace him, but they are making him look like hero

i already have my suspicions of tinubu becaus he has abandoned AC for his own selfish saftey, or should i say selfish interest. but mr atiku is a tactian, more tactical than tinubu
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 3:39am On May 11, 2007
atiku4lyfe, how sure are you about this rumor that Tinubu is abandoning AC in the fight against PDP I have heard it elsewhere that he might be trying to cut some type of deal with yaradua, so he doesnt go to jail. I had chucked it up to be another rumor but you seem to knwo more about this issue. Could you educate us?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by duduyemi: 1:06pm On May 11, 2007
the dude thinks he is sharp, claimin that he is trying to give opportuinty for partnership with the fed gov, the bitch is tryna cut deal will yardua, where is the loyalty to atiku
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 5:03pm On May 15, 2007
[b]
Posted on: May 11, 2007, 01:06 PMPosted by: duduyemi

the dude thinks he is sharp, claimin that he is trying to give opportuinty for partnership with the fed gov, the bitch is trying to cut deal will yardua, where is the loyalty to atiku
Posted on: May 11, 2007, 03:39 AMPosted by: hoao62
Insert Quote
atiku4lyfe, how sure are you about this rumor that Tinubu is abandoning AC in the fight against PDP I have heard it elsewhere that he might be trying to cut some type of deal with yaradua, so he doesnt go to jail. I had chucked it up to be another rumor but you seem to knwo more about this issue. Could you educate us?
Posted on: May 10, 2007, 07:24 PMPosted by: atiku4lyfe
Insert Quote
indeed i am worried by the ammount of feedback this issue is getting. even people here in abuja are discussing it.

the issues are that pedro made political mistakes one too many times. but if it is inddeed true that he has tried 3 times in the past 2 weeks to tender his resignation, only to be denied by tinubu, that is a dissapointment because every man has the right to resign simple. you do not need assembly to apporve resignation. so why didnt they jsut approve his resignation since last 2 weeks? obviously their mission was to disgrace him, but they are making him look like hero

i already have my suspicions of tinubu becaus he has abandoned AC for his own selfish saftey, or should i say selfish interest. but mr atiku is a tactian, more tactical than tinubu
Posted on: May 10, 2007, 07:00 PMPosted by: hoao62
Insert Quote
And duduyemi, what are you talking about?? Although i don't agree with Mustay saying Pedro is a coward for resigning, your reference to Agbaje not gettting on camera with PDP e.t.c makes no sense and is of no consequence since he had a parallel pressconference urging INEC to cancel the elections.

Posted on: May 10, 2007, 06:49 PMPosted by: hoao62
Insert Quote
Mustay. I do think both Pedro and agbaje have a common enemy. TInubu, the father of all touts!,

I really don't believe Tinubu is much different from OBJ and this Pedro thing is more evidence supporting that theory.

What are they impeaching him for?? I do think it is smart for him to resign.
This is what lagos has become, the governor tells the house to do something, and so as to gain his favor they waltz along like senseless dogs. Their children should be ashamed of them.

This is what i feared, we have a God father. A baba lamidi adedibu in lagos. I am sure he has picked out all members of Fasholas cabinet already.
God help us,
How can the news compare this tout, this rogue to Awo??

Na wa O
[/b]

am only glad that he has rubbished baba and his korononsense son.

with the witholding of funds, ferma-lastma fight, changing of police and inec commissioners, declaration of holidays and many more, TINUBU HACKED HIM DOWN!

D ONE AT ABIA WAS MORE HUMILIATING
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by atiku4lyfe: 8:12am On May 16, 2007
i agree with mustay in one regard- tinubu deserves credit for brushing obasanjo and his candidate in lagos. but thats where my agreemeent with tinubu ends.

1.there was no need for the impeachment rubbish
2. pedro resigned, it should have ended there. it makes tinubu and his assembly look like comedians
3. tinubu is being snakey, he is no longer seeing eye to eye with atiku
4. tinubu should be the most vocal opposition to the election result, but he has been the most quiet, because he has gotten all he selfishly wanted (lagos)
5. tinubu needs to resolve these issues quickly. why is he so desperate to allign with yaradua this early? these are some of the quesitons that must be brought to the forefront

in concluding it is embarassing that we the AC that have been chastising obj for his treatment of my mentor, are the same people encouraging that sort of crap behaviour by tinubu, so much as against pedro that is generally regarded as not corrupt. shame to tinubu

tinubu, please adress these questions. and call mr atiku and resolve the provlems
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:25am On May 17, 2007
But
atiku4lyfe:

i agree with mustay in one regard- tinubu deserves credit for brushing obasanjo and his candidate in lagos. but thats where my agreemeent with tinubu ends.

1.there was no need for the impeachment rubbish
2. pedro resigned, it should have ended there. it makes tinubu and his assembly look like comedians
3. tinubu is being snakey, he is no longer seeing eye to eye with atiku
4. tinubu should be the most vocal opposition to the election result, but he has been the most quiet, because he has gotten all he selfishly wanted (lagos)
5. tinubu needs to resolve these issues quickly. why is he so desperate to allign with yaradua this early? these are some of the quesitons that must be brought to the forefront

in concluding it is embarassing that we the AC that have been chastising obj for his treatment of my mentor, are the same people encouraging that sort of crap behaviour by tinubu, so much as against pedro that is generally regarded as not corrupt. shame to tinubu

tinubu, please adress these questions. and call mr atiku and resolve the provlems

tinubu has ben democratically patient enough to resist pedro's antics. At least he dint disturb d guy's ambition unlike obj and atiku.

D EREASON Y D GUY WAS IMPEACHED IS SIMPLE-

IF U LEAVE UR TENURE AS AN EX-DEPUTY GOVERNOR, U'RE GONNA RECEIVE UR SALARY 4 LIFE!!

tHAT'S WHERE PEDRO MISSED IT ALL. PITY PEDRO.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2007
Am back after almost 3 wks off*been holed up in some remote areas of Ekiti for some while now*,this time stronger and more inspired to set the records straight as usual without attaching unnecessary sentiments even as we approach hand-over date . . . cool

I am appalled at some of the puerile comments being made here since some of the very intelligent ones amongst us had stopped posting or reduced their contribution on this thread, reading the posts I was made to wonder if primary school students had gained so much access to this forum angry but I consoled myself with the fact that every forum must have some of insanity or idiocy to contend with so as to maintain a balance. . .that explains just how complex a state like Lagos is to rule cool

@Streetcyph tongue

Guy, long time!!, how is the Pedro-peddling business doing tongue hope u guys get better jobs doing next time and pls advise your mentor not to be over-ambitious next time tongue not to make spurious and unfounded allegations embarassed never to bite the fingers that feed him and also that KHAKI NO BE LEATHER!!! tongue grin

It was so obvious right from the word GO that you guys thought you could feed urselves big on some silly propangada stuff intended to make ur man look larger than life?

NO WONDER SEUN OSEWA ASKED “WHO IS FEMI PEDRO?”
tongue cheesy

U called Tinubu a undemocratic despot, pls could you expantiate further? undecided

U also accused him of flashing chicken change and beer, but pray tell to whom was he flashing such to and why not turkey or kote change? Lol undecidedgrin

What rubbish is circulating in the Lagos press room and why are u the only one propagating such? I remember you once said Tinubu had bought over the press and more recently that some of your colleagues are on his payroll? Na wa o . . . shocked angry

So, u have actually been holidaying with Agbaje, who having collected 200 Million decided to abandon his cause? Or how else would u have known these details, u once claimed he deposited the money at GTB Yaba and soon after you are yapping GBT Apapa, or is that the inquisition office? shocked wink

I WONDER WHY THIS MUCH CAMPAIGN OF CALUMNY AGAINST AGBAJE, IT HAS BECOME STALE AND SO ANNOYING U KNOW? angry

Its so annoying that u keep yapping your man being robbed, when obviously his 29,000 votes was never going to even win him any Local Govt not to talk of the state. I cant remember Pedro complaining after he cast his vote or was he out of touch with his agents? shocked tongue

My dear brother, if u don’t know the debates went a long way in affecting the way Lagosians perceived the candidates as it became clear that Fashola was the most comported and the one that had the most of the requirements to effectively rule Lagos, idea-wise and machinery-wise, even if Agbaje looked the most eloquent of the lot, Pedro was pathetic having lost his cool, exhibiting a short-fusedness which got Lagosians surprised and suddenly wary of this man, events have shown subsequently the desperado side of Pedro, for him to have alleged that his Oga wants him dead

The lawmakers rightly impeached Pedro cos of the gravity of the statements made by Pedro and the implications of such on the polity, NOT BECAUSE OF THE UTTERANCES DURING THE DEBATES, if you say otherwise PROVIDE THE LINKS PLS? lipsrsealed

How come he couldn’t garner any support from lawmakers, at least he was meant to have some amount of rapport with them since u claim that for most of the time it was Pedro governing Lagos? shocked

how could he have stooped so low to making denigrating statements of that manner, where he claimed ever since he joined Labour party, Tinubu had sought to exterminate him whereas on the 29th of March, he still attended his Oga’s birthday party?

HE IS A TRAITOR FOR CLAIMING THE PERSON THAT BROUGHT HIM INTO PUBLIC LIMELIGHT WANTS HIM DEAD, THAT DEFINITELY IS CHARACTER ASSASINATION cool cool

I REPEAT IGNOMINY IS THE REWARD OF BETRAYAL tongue grin *how could that be the last words from me, u wanna hunt me down?* tongue cool

Bros streetfighter, u keep talking of video evidence, why not wait to make your case before the tribunal? At least the whole world agrees that Lagos was the most peaceful and most transparent nationwide, but you say otherwise so do yourselves a favor and keep shut until you tender whatever bunkum u might like to tender before the tribunal tongue

U wrote in your same post earlier INCREDIBLE BUT BELIEVABLE, isn’t this some inexplicable form of contradiction? tongue

U claim to know every-every of the behind the scenes details but u just inundate us with a tip of the ice-berg, more annoyingly u say u come here only to throw gist--gotten from grapevine sources? undecided wink

WE BEG OF YOU, CAN U BE CONSISTENT FOR ONCE!!! angry

Streetfighter, stop displaying open ignorance my friend!! angry
Utomi and others convened a press conference after the election results have been announce and not before, STOP THE MISINFORMATION AND NOW!!! angry

I DON’T WISH TO SEE YOU AT LACASSA OR ANYWHERE ELSE COS U AINT WORTH A SECOND OF MY REAL LIFE TIME DUDE!!! tongue cool

U KNOW HOW IT IS!! THE BIG WAY IS HOW WE DO IT!! wink

UP AC, UP TINUBU, UP FASHOLA cheesy cheesy

EKO O NI BAJE
wink cool

P.S @ALL

I AM NOT SAYING FASHOLA’S REGIME WOULD NOT HAVE ITS INITIAL TEETHING PROBLEMS BUT WITH THE ALMIGHTY GOD BY HIS SIDE AND WITH THE SUPPORT OF HIS NUMEROUS TEEMING LAGOSIANS_FANS/LOYALISTS, HE WILL ACTUALIZE OUR DREAMS OF A BETTER LAGOS . . .AMEN
cheesy

@Atiku4lyfe

I would have loved to ignore your posts but my mind wont be at rest if I do so, lets get it straight, Atiku was never going to win the elections, now he has lost, either he was rigged out, denied his rights whichever, its not time to cry over split milk, but rather time to strategize on how to ensure in the next polity this nation is rescued from its one-party state

ITS BASELESS TINUBU FIGHTING YARADUA NOW, WE NEED TO MOVE LAGOS FORWARD SO AS TO AVOID THE MISTAKES OF THE PAST, WHERE LAGOS WAS DENIED ITS ENTITLEMENTS BY BABA IYABO wink

ATIKU NEEDS TO TAKE A CHILL PILL . . .ITS NOT A DO OR DIE AFFAIR, THOSE 13 COURT VICTORIES OVER BABA IYABO IS FAIR ENOUGH, ESPECIALLY AS WE ALL NOW HAVE MORE FAITH IN THE JUDICIARY THAN BEFORE . . .ATIKU, THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESILENCE IN ENSURING THAT!!!
cool
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 3:52am On May 23, 2007
@kitaun, tell that to the lagosians that have turned against your governor. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

the only people justifying the impeachment are tinubu and his people. tinubu lost this one buddy

go and read what segun adeniyi had to say about the whole issue. i will no longer respond to fools like you kiss kiss
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Demolaf: 6:20am On May 23, 2007
From what i know the Tinubu people justifying the impeachment are the majority. Shown very well with the Election results. All the Femi Petrol supporters obviously wont be happy, even if they double his salary and made him the next deputy to Fash again. lol grin grin grin Na yam!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 12:40pm On May 23, 2007
Leading lawyers opinion

Notable lawyers have sharply reacted to Thursday’s impeachment of Lagos state deputy governor, Olufemi Pedro by the Lagos State Assembly. Chief Pedro had tendered his resignation, Wednesday, in the heat of investigation of gross misconduct against him for which a seven-man panel of investigation was set-up. But the state government denied receiving any letter of resignation tendered by him and hence, the Assembly went ahead with the impeachment and declared him impeached Thursday.

The special adviser to the Lagos State governor Bola Tinubu on Information and Strategy had told journalists that governor Tinubu did not know of Pedro’s resignation.

However, in a reaction, Lagos lawyer, Chief Gani Fawehinmi told Saturday Vanguard that the purported impeachment of the deputy governor was balderdash. Citing Section 306 of the Constitution, Gani Fawehinmi said:
“Femi Pedro resigned on Wednesday and the resignation took immediate effect.

A copy of that resignation was served the governor, the State Assembly and the state Chief Judge. Tinubu was served the original. Five lawyers from my chambers in Adindu Ugwuzor, Kolawale Abiri, Theophilus Akanwa, Adewunmi Bamidele and Muhammad Badru effected the service to the necessary quarters.

“As at Wednesday, Femi Pedro had ceased to be the deputy governor of Lagos State. So, how can the state assembly claim it’s acting under Section 188? What they did on Thursday was an exercise in futility. .

“And as you can see, Pedro was never accused of corruption. It’s a disgraceful thing for the State Assembly because it ought to know it is independent.It was a wasteful exercise because you don’t impeach somebody who is not occupying an impeachable position.”

In his own reaction, Chief[b] Tayo Oyetibo [/b]said: “A governor tenders resignation to the Speaker and a deputy governor to the governor. Pedro served everybody who should know about his resignation and once that had been done, you cannot impeach him. So, Pedro was not impeached. He resigned. The purported impeachment is jankara politics because you cannot impeach a governor or deputy governor after he had resigned.”

Abubakar Dan-Musa, Speaker of the defunct Kaduna State House of Assembly told Saturday Vanguard that resignation on the part of Femi Pedro had terminated the impeachment proceedings against him.

“Since the impeachment process did not take its full course before he resigned as deputy governor, then there’s no impeachment. No law says you cannot resign when an impeachment process is on and since Pedro resigned before the impeachment process was completed, his resignation terminated that process. So, there cannot be any impeachment because resignation terminated it.”

Femi Falana:
By virtue of Section 306 of the 1999 constitution that deals with resignation, once a public appointee or elected official has voluntarily resigned from office and has submitted his letter to the appropriate authority, he ceases to hold that office from that moment.

The question of his letter being accepted or rejected does not arise. Since Mr Femi Pedro quit office on Wednesday as Lagos State Deputy Governor, his purported impeachment by the State House of Assembly cannot stand in law. His impeachment cannot stand because he was impeached as a former deputy governor and not as a serving deputy governor. He should just go to court and set aside the purported impeachment.

Bamidele Aturu

Once Mr Pedro has resigned from office as deputy governor, the state government ought to have accepted his letter under the constitution. If he says he has resigned then he has resigned. The House can’t impeach somebody who has resigned.

The moment he tendered his letter of resignation, the State House of Assembly ought to have discontinued with the impeachment proceeding. But by going ahead with the impeachment it shows the level of intolerance of our politicians who will stop at nothing to be vindictive and this is not good for our democracy. He can go to court to challenge his purported impeachment.

Festus Keyamo

Mr Pedro’s impeachment can not stand. If he says he doesn’t want to work again, then he doesn’t want to work and he should be left alone. His impeachment can not stand because he has resigned effective Tuesday.

Anything that is done by the House after his resignation is null and void. If you accuse somebody in public office of misconduct and he decides to resign honourably as it is done in Europe, why do you still want to humiliate him by purporting to impeach him?

Bayo Omotubora
His impeachment is a nullity. It is not possible to impeach a deputy governor who resigned before the impeachment process was concluded. The House of Assembly merely did what they wanted to do. As of the moment he resigned, he had stopped being deputy governor, so impeaching him a day after is futile. The House of Assembly didnot impeach anybody.

AS YOU CAN SEE, MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE ARE IN DISAGREEMENT WITH YOUR CAMP. SO think before you type. LOL
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 7:18pm On May 24, 2007
Gani is a very good example. Thank god you read papers and you see how his fans write letters to express their disappointments concerning his views. Just go get a job on d street and 'll u express your literacy by not using words like fool! E be like say na only fool know fool sef
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 6:06pm On May 28, 2007
Finally, the d-day is nigh!!! cheesy

we wait to see if truly Fashola would not be sworn in as Madejibo and LLcoolg05 have posited, this of course we all know aint gonna happen cool

@Streetcyph

Have you noticed how Tinubu gets the best of his adversaries; in thge midst of the storm he keeps quiet while strategizing how best to outwit his opponents . . .that best explains why he never deems it fit to answer rabble-rousers like Gani and Keyamo cool

ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS

Stop acting the role of a sore loser like your mentor, it aint gonna work tongue tongue

have a beautiful day 2moro watching Fashola being sworn in as the democratically elected GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE tongue cheesy

EKO O NI BAJE O . . . AMEN cool
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 6:59pm On May 30, 2007
DEO GRATIAS
TO GOD BE THE GLORY
GREAT THINGS HE HATH DONE
cheesy

There is a time to die, just as there is a time to be born wink

We thank God for his mercies even as Tinubu left office, Fashola took over in the most glorious of manners cheesy

When this thread started, I quickly asserted that Fashola would be elected as the Governor, whereas we had people coming in to make different contributions, rightly so we had people too who alongside my humble self, believed in the FASHOLA FOR GOVERNOR PROJECT, and history has judged us well . . .even when he was elected some said maliciously he would not be sworn in, the REST IS HISTORY!!! tongue cool

EKO O NI BAJE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
. . . .AMEN cool

@TINUBU, THE MASTER STRATEGIST,
wink

MAY YOU WALK AND NEVER STUMBLE, IN YOUR NEXT SET OF ENDEAVOURS
MAY YOU NEVER WALK OUT OF GOD’S PATH, AND MAY YOU FOREVER LIVE TO SERVE HUMANITY,
BEYOND THE SKIES IS WHERE YOU ARE BOUND FOR . . . . LAGOSIANS LOVE YOU,
WE SAY A BIG THANK YOU FOR MAKING LAGOS ONCE AGAIN THE BRIDE OF THE NATION

@FASHOLA, THE SAN WITH A SOUND MIND cool

YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE THAT WAS REGARDED AS A NEOPHYTE, BUT NOW CLEARLY ACCEPTED BY ALL AND SUNDRY AS THE ONE TO TRANSFORM LAGOS PAST IMAGINABLE HEIGHTS,
MAY YOUR TENURE KNOW PEACE, PROSPERING AGAINST ALL ADVERSITY AND WITH GOD GUIDING YOU MAY YOU GIVE TO ALL LAGOSIANS A BRIGHTER REWARDING FUTURE . . .

MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND ALL THAT IS YOURS, AMEN cool
[/b]
@ALL

Like I said earlier, Fashola’s regime would most likely be faced with challenges but with God on his side and with our unalloyed support, we would have cause to glorify OLODUMARE . . .love y’all wink
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 3:20pm On May 31, 2007
WE SHALL ALL SEE,

I REST MY CASE TILL THEN,

DAYOKANU U GO TO PERSONAL AND IT BEGINNING TOP IRITATE ME AND Y ARE U ALWAYS ABUSING KORO AS IF WOT HE HAS ACHIEVED U CAN ONLY DREAM OF IT U CAN NEVER GET THERE COS U DONT DESERVE IT U ARE AROGANT AND PROUD, I SAY THIS COS I KNOW,

BUT LET US SEE IT IS JUST A PITY THAT I LL BE IN ABUJA ON THE 29TH OF MAY I WOULD HAVE INVITED U FOR A PARTY
BUT IF U GOT TO REACH ME FOR A DATE TO CELEBRATE KOROS EVENTUAL VICTORY CALL MY OFFICE JUNE 1ST ON 01-8738611 ASK TO SPEAK TO KENNY MY P.A. FROM NAIRALAND WE LL FIX A DATE FOR OUR CELEBRATION AND IF KORO LOOSES I AM READY TO DROP ONE MILLION NAIRA (I AM DEAD SERIOUS) CALL THE SAME NO. OK,
TILL YHEN I REST MY CASE

CHAO

Can somebody call Madejibo to remind him of this quote. Now Fashola has been sworn in and has spent 48 hours as lagos gov; llcoolg has gone to drown himself a pity!! Madejibo has called his bank to check his balance cos this time tomorrow he would be losing 1 million Naira he promised above
Moreover Koro would have to account for over 20billion he collected to win Lagos
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 8:18pm On May 31, 2007
@Dayokanu

my stomach wan burst o!!! shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 5:35am On Jun 01, 2007
dayokanu:

Can somebody call Madejibo to remind him of this quote. Now Fashola has been sworn in and has spent 48 hours as lagos gov; llcoolg has gone to drown himself a pity!! Madejibo has called his bank to check his balance because this time tomorrow he would be losing 1 million Naira he promised above
Moreover Koro would have to account for over 20billion he collected to win Lagos

lmao

U wan kill me ere oh.Kai grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin eko o ni baje

i was fortunate to meet barrister raji fashola at the airport as we were on the same flight to abuja some weeks ago and i tell u that man is very humble.

madejibo pele fashola has been sworn in cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy take heart i heard they will compensate koro with minister of communication(hope so sha),anyway has tinubu been arrested yet? grin grin grin grin cos i have been out of town for a wyle grin grin grin grin

i have officailly decamped to AC(just kidding)

eko oni baje
PDP 4 LIFE
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by atiku4lyfe: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2007
i said it a long time ago, tinubu is selling out on AC, look at tribune's front page news today. when i said it, people thought i was making things up.

how will tinubu explain to the people of lagos that he is now working for the party he condemned for 8 straight years?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by duduyemi: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2007
lmao, men wonders shall never end, i actually heard this from a source in abuja,, lol, asin the guy no even get invitation , he wrote his name down by himself and sent it to yardua, can u imagine, wat a hypocrite, i think he believes that this is the best way to secure some kind of immunity and stay in public eye, because there is no other reason, because it cant be for money cos he has stolen more than enuff
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2007
Fash can include remi or that omo ibo and of course- JIMI Agbaje in his government. Since, they really wanted a Better Lagos, this is the time for fash to fulfill his ALL INCLUSIVE Government promise
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by duduyemi: 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2007
if am anyof those guys i wont take it, thats like a digressional position, werent they all commisions b4 , withe the exceptiion of pedro, after spending millions then they will now go back to being commisoners again, if i was any of those guys, i would take my time and decide what exactly i want to do with my life
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2007
that's your personal decision. if you want a good government, d best irrespective of their party allegiance must be in place
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 3:07am On Jun 04, 2007
Mustay:

Fash can include remi or that omo ibo and of course- JIMI Agbaje in his government. Since, they really wanted a Better Lagos, this is the time for fash to fulfill his ALL INCLUSIVE Government promise

Nice point.What is Tinubu doing people?Abeg i no dey clear

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Full List Of 20 Commissioner-Nominees by Governor Soludo / Bandits: Soldiers And Vigilante Storm Zamfara Forest (photos, Video) / GEJ Losing A Poll Carried Out By His Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.