Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38246 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 2:00am On Jun 26, 2007
If Lagos wanna be like abuja, it has to start with d people's mindset. You don't complain that govt aint doing anything about d canal when you're d same person disposing waste in there!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2007
Wassap fellasss, I know I know been gone, but trust it was necessary. I like how people are trying to move forward now that the election is over. my candidate KORO IBO wasn't successful. Very sad because I truly believed he had a plan for Lagos, but I know he's willing to contribute to the betterment of Lagos State. I hope Fashola doesn't follow the footsteps of boda mumu Tinubu that will be running the AC/ACD/AD or I know it all Government. NO fighting, Nigeria is a third world country and already messed up as is. We need leaders to collabo and make things better for the society. Simple task but difficult to achieve. Hopefully sha KORO is made Minister so we can make progress in Lagos State PDP, and get ready for the upcoming local elections n 2011.

KOSI KORO KOSI ibo
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2007
The problem with Lagos is basically population. The influx of people to Lagos every hour would not give room for any meaningful development to be felt. Abuja is clean and free of traffic because of the low population most of the ABuja working populace  live outside the main city in the nearby towns.
The BRT has been causing a lot of traffic issues presently I hope it comes good else the time and money spent on it would have been wasted.

That much people in a small land mass would be very difficult to manage.
Then you cant compare Lagos of now to Lagos of Jakande population wise.

The best thing for Lagos PDP is to get credible people in their midst they seem to be so full of rogues after Omoluabi Eko was assasinated. Koro, Ogunlewe and Bode Goerge leading the party in Lagos have serious credibility problems.

Look at Fashola during the campaign his opponents could hardly fault him or his personalty. But Koro credibility issues keep flying right left and center.
One of the things to Yar'Adua credit during his campaign was that he was more credible than other candidates. His past records were almost without blemish.
Anybody who doesn't like Fashola's candidacy would have been because of his link to Tinubu. Just like most people who didn't like Yar'Adua candidacy must have been due to his link to OBJ.
But Koro is a hard sell I know a lot of folks who didnt like Fashola but cant just bring themselves to voting for Koro so they either stayed with Agbaje of abstained completely.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 2:57am On Jun 28, 2007
That's right
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Demolaf: 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2007
Happy Birthday Gov Babatunde Fashola (BRF)
Eko o ni bajee ooo
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by buluti(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2007
dayokanu:

The problem with Lagos is basically population. The influx of people to Lagos every hour would not give room for any meaningful development to be felt. Abuja is clean and free of traffic because of the low population most of the ABuja working populace live outside the main city in the nearby towns.
The BRT has been causing a lot of traffic issues presently I hope it comes good else the time and money spent on it would have been wasted.

That much people in a small land mass would be very difficult to manage.
Then you can't compare Lagos of now to Lagos of Jakande population wise.

How can we continue thinking like this?? We recognise that population has its antedant difficulties in that it puts strain on the infrastructural facilitites, but mate, cities grow worlwide, The influx of people into London is also alarming but has that given room to meaningful development, Yes it has. Population is either a strength (asset) or weakness (liability) it depends on how it is handled. Its the fact that our leaders lack the CAPACITY and ABILITY to deal with the problem.

A city being small or big has nothing to do with it, its the vision and ideas (policies) running a city that matters. At the state and local level it is so easy to improve the quality of life but we choose to place the blame on the centre ALONE.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by DisGuy: 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2007
Lagosians have been brainwashed to blame the Fg and every other thing but their governors! they simply have no clue what Lagos can be if they have proper responsible leaders who don't shift the blame all the thing! hold the immediate councilors, governors responsible!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:04am On Jun 30, 2007
Lagos is actually the 'federal government' of nigeria. If you live in Lagos, you won't be writing rubbish like you've written.
I bet if Lagos was still d capital, attention of d fg'll be more than this. Government has a lot of responsibilities here in Lagos.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:09am On Jun 30, 2007
@ awon omo eko-
you can now see how d brt is causing trouble on d ikorodu road. D rain doesn't help matters.
With d flood in Lagos, I believe we Lagosians are part of d problem of d flood as we are the same people that block these canals!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by DisGuy: 2:34am On Jul 01, 2007
Mustay:

Lagos is actually the 'federal government' of nigeria. If you live in Lagos, you won't be writing rubbish like you've written.
I bet if Lagos was still d capital, attention of d fg'll be more than this. Government has a lot of responsibilities here in Lagos.

Mustay:

@ awon omo eko-
you can now see how d brt is causing trouble on d ikorodu road. D rain doesn't help matters.
With d flood in Lagos, I believe we Lagosians are part of d problem of d flood as we are the same people that block these canals!

when your state governors are not doing anything you are here passing the blame again. and thank goodness you actually blamed yourself but not the governors weird uh, seems these people got u lot by the balls!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2007
Dis Guy:

when your state governors are not doing anything you are here passing the blame again. and thank goodness you actually blamed yourself but not the governors weird uh, seems these people got u lot by the balls!!

Did obj give tinubu space?

Me am always realistic cos I know the traffic problem is caused by impatient drivers, bad drainages caused by dirty occupants and so on
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2007
sup? d rift btw lag and fg don end
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 4:02am On Aug 22, 2007
How Fash dey fare?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2007
E DEY TRY

AT LEAST, D BRT DON MAKE EM INSTALL STREET OR IS IT EXPRESS ROAD LIGHT ON BRT ROUTES.

LAGOS IS NOW ILLUMINATED IN D NITE AND RESIDENTS NEED NOT FEAr usind d overhead bridge at nite
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 4:23am On Sep 10, 2007
Oh that is good

What of the armed robbers?

The bad roads?

Traffic?

Health care?

and odas
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 5:17am On Sep 10, 2007
the guy dey try small small sha
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 12:30am On Nov 03, 2007
hahahah!

na where are the pedro guys?

who fooled who?

pedro decamping to PDP lipsrsealed undecided cry cry

muppetos politician grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2007
So how Fashola dey perform ?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2007
E DEY TRY. THE GUY DEY MAKE SURE SAY ENVIRONMENT CLEAN

NA 'EM PEDRO ADDICTS I DEY FIND MAKE THEM COME ERE tongue
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2008
i remember when this topic was so hot na wa o time flies it is over a year. but i am still a koro fan anyday. i think fasola is ok but he shld come a bit down on the way he is displacing pple.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by deor03(m): 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2008
madejibo:

i remember when this topic was so hot na wa o time flies it is over a year. but i am still a koro fan anyday. i think fasola is ok but he shld come a bit down on the way he is displacing people.
displacing which people. Illegal occupants?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 7:14am On Apr 25, 2008
i remember when this topic was so hot na wa o time flies it is over a year. but i am still a koro fan anyday. i think fasola is ok but he shld come a bit down on the way he is displacing people.

I remember a certain madejibo who owes me 1 million Naira based on a promise he made last year. Are you here to redeem yourself?

Displacing illegal occupants
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by outlaws(m): 9:01am On Apr 25, 2008
cool

Hey poster:To answer your question, a greedy politician will rule lagos, and also a corrupt one since lagos is a corrupt state.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by johnie: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2011
How time flies!

I read this thread again and could help laughing.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hannie: 10:54pm On Feb 09, 2011
^ Dr Kitaun, Dayokanu, Becommrich, LLCOOLG05, Madejibo, Mustay, 9ja4eva really made this thread lively . . .

when I said BRF was gonna make u all smile, what did u cats say ? grin

1 Like

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Dawdy(m): 9:35am On Jun 17, 2011
I went throuh all the comments of this thread right from begining to the end, i coudn't say any thing other than saying God is greate indeed! and he is the only one who knows how the future will look like.

Fashol to be president in 2015, u can deny it just like u denied him governorship post in 2007 but i know God is greate!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
What the likes of Dayokanu and Dr Kitaun saw lying down most didnt see. Now they are screaming fasholas name all over
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hannie: 12:37am On Jun 18, 2011
@Dayokanu

u dey mind dem ?

na we sabi werrin dey! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

EndSARS: Edo State Declares 24-Hour Curfew / Ephraim Inyangeye Shares COVID-19 Palliative As Christmas Gifts (Photos) / Segun Oni: "Why Fayemi May Not Win Governorship Election"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.