Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38288 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 6:45am On Mar 08, 2007
Rikkyjen, not so fast! Saying how many knew him means/t not all reading dis thread knew him, u shd know am an agbalagbi myself? Best believe much more things than d Nadeco thingy got him d ticket then! Abi u wan make I tell u my own pre and post June 12 experiences? What exactly is dis docility yarn? Must u appear like an agbero or maybe even a Festus Keyamo to rule eko-ile? Looks deceive u know? Fashola is a streetwise person who disagreed in Council even with his boss when he thought differently so he definitely aint no bootlicker!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 5:46pm On Mar 08, 2007
AH kitaun the master strategist and anti pedro man is back welcome oh grin grin grin

i must say i have been absent for quite sometime, the race is getting hotter and hotter

in all honesty, i must agree (for the first time ever) with about 50 percent of the things kitaun said.

preamble: i wont even bother mentioning koro. it will be a miracle if he makes it to the poll at this rate.
1. the achievements of tinubu administration, pedro can also lay claim to them
2. true to his style, femi pedro has also taken responsibility for the administration's shortcomings. fashola is yet to do this.
3. like ive always said, femi pedro is not the political rookie many may see him as. he is no fool. in fact, events are probably unfolding the way his camp wanted them to. he single handedly, and i repeat, single handedly built the labour party himself, not by throwing money about (he is an economist to the core), but by effective planning, strategy and execution, he will turn out to be the most critical candidate, do not forget, of all the candidates, he is the only one that is yet to 'publicly' endorse any presidential candidate, which gives him a lot of leeway and bargaining power in the coming weeks
4. which leads me to agbaje. in honesty, he is the one i feel sorry for. he has good plans, but he made the critical mistake femi pedro foresaw in november: he is dining with the devil- afenifere. his affiliation wiht the old dogs has left him paralyzed. he has no say over what shonibabre or falae do. and if history is to be taken into account, afenifere lack good political vision.
5. now fashola, fashie fashola(no pun intended), i promise you, the only thing helping him right now is the broom logo, people still dont know who this man is! it is tinubu that is running, kitaun, i challenge you to embark on this, go to lagos, and when i say lagos, i mean ikorodu, badagry, etc, ask them a simple question. do they want tinubu to come back? they wiill say NO. ask them if they want PDP to come to lagos. they will say NO!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 5:33am On Mar 09, 2007
[b]JIMMY AGBAJE[/b]Am convinced hes d man.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2007
9ja4eva, pls say something meaningful,I mean discuss!!! @Streetcyph, at least you should have concured with 80% of the contents of my post, but I would be back with a counter to ur post as I cant type long now, cheers
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:28am On Mar 10, 2007
kitaun:

9ja4eva, please say something meaningful,I mean discuss!!! @Streetcyph, at least you should have concured with 80% of the contents of my post, but I would be back with a counter to your post as I can't type long now, cheers

Am saying something meaningful.We dont want those who didnt like go to school or the likes to rule that State.Lagos needs a world changer who can actually turn things around and the Person is no other person than JIMMY AGBAJE.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 11:08am On Mar 10, 2007
@ 9ja4eva,

it sounds like you and a few others are merely doing campaign advert for jimi agbaje here,

how is jimi agbaje going to go about winning 12 of the 20 local governments? he does not have structure in place, nor even the followership of a particular group.

does jimi agbaje believe he can garner 800 thousand votes? from where?

if you ask me, he is only playing spoiler in this election

we know about AC and their followership, we know bout KOro and his thgus, we know about pedro and his PFN and Labour workers. what does agbaje have going for him? educate us pls.

and with regards to turning things around, what makes agbaje better than pedro? let us know pls.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 12:50am On Mar 11, 2007
Well said though @streetcyph
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2007
no one legged pharmacist around here, grin
what do y'all know about the man called Agbaje, except his fine posters and billboards, animated TV advert and other publicity stunts?

pls lets discuss issues.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2007
Streetcyph

nothing much to say really, you said Pedro can lay claim to it, and I bloody well concur, but what happens when you desert your camp? then POLI-TRICKS take its toll and you start bad-mouthing and they start bad-mouthing you, and best believe people would have their field day trying to make enmity reign supreme, geddit? wink

whats the point of saying Fashola has not accepted the shortcomings of the outgoing administration? has he told you that he is a Saint? hell to the No, but the reality is he can rightly claim to the fact that Tinubu has done well, meanwhile I wait to be challenged that any of the guber candidates that were members of Tinubu's administration see their parcitipation in the governance of the state as a failure, MORE OR LESS WE LIVE TOGETHER WE DIE TOGETHER cheesy grin

Pedro having not endorsed any one Presidential candidate cos of negotiating power to me sounds like speaking LATIN to the average EGUN that has never seen the 4 walls of a school!!! who cares? tongue undecided

For all I know and care am not even touting Atiku to win the Presidential elections, in the same vein I will tell you realistically that PDP win Ogun state, I believe we should shun party or personal sentiments here and be realistic cool

just like I would say Agbaje and Pedro are just wasting their monies, I never even knew Agbaje had that kind of money to throw about, imagine a group of uneducated peeps gathering calling themselves a sensitization group a jeun-jeun group in actual fact getting as much as N250,000 from AGBAJE AND BEST BELIEVE THEY IT AINT GONNA VOTE FOR HIM, giving them a danfo bus to campaign with, this clearly shows he lacks the necessary structure. . . . shocked grin

If you feel Fashola is not known, then my dear brother you probably have not been watching from the rallies how this Fashola guy has been having people enthralled by his enigmatic ways, his visionary yarns and the clear body language that he can rightly rule Lagos State wink cool

Have you been witnessing the kind of crowd AC controls in rallies held across Lagos State, based on that alone, I TELL YOU FASHOLA WINNING IS A FOREGONE CONCLUSION cool cool
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by debosky(m): 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2007
'Koro' means bitter - Vote AC into power!!! grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2007
dEBOSKY

The earlier the beta for them to realize the fact so they don't scream blue murder when they find they don't even make a good fraction of the votes wink grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 3:53am On Mar 12, 2007
streetcyph:

@ 9ja4eva,

it sounds like you and a few others are merely doing campaign advert for jimi agbaje here,

how is jimi agbaje going to go about winning 12 of the 20 local governments? he does not have structure in place, nor even the followership of a particular group.

does jimi agbaje believe he can garner 800 thousand votes? from where?

if you ask me, he is only playing spoiler in this election

we know about AC and their followership, we know bout KOro and his thgus, we know about pedro and his PFN and Labour workers. what does agbaje have going for him? educate us please.

and with regards to turning things around, what makes agbaje better than pedro? let us know please.

Pedro for me should be voted in but if u say KORO vs AGBAJE den i did pick Agbaje cos KORO like someone said means "Bitterness".
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2007
kitaun, as you can see from this photo, mr pedro has his eyes on the ball. dribbles past fashola who is looking to tinubu (goal keeper) to save him. at this point, koro has already been red carded. cry cry

the outcome was a stunning solo effort by mr pedro to win the game in overtime, despite referee bias  and tinubu's jerzey dudek-type antics in the goal post grin grin grin grin grin

and the spectators went willlld!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by niyooooooo: 9:18pm On Mar 12, 2007
Its funny because i can see so many people championing pedro and agbaje because they are smart and articulate. Dont get it twisted,  don't think that internet popularity is relevant. agbaje has no pull when you consider the grassroots factor,  same with pedro and this will negate all this website talk. I applaud their structure and organisation but in Nigeria elections are not won that way. Answer this 'are the masses ready to vote for them?'. hell no,  all you people saying agbaje looks nice and talks nice. It is evident that fine boi does not win election ( see obj and tinubu) all your talk is story.

agbaje- no valuable experience so forget him. let him com back in 8 years
Pedro- I am not overly impressed by his credentials (as a banker he was average) and tinubu was his savior. He doesnt have the toughness to rule by himself. He is alright because he can provide some structure but u guys shld think about it for a second. can labor party win Lagos ( can't happen) but he is putting up a good fight.

afikuyomi, gbajagbiamila and the rest should forget it. they have no pull

this leaves us with koro and fashola

Fashola- political godfatherism will lead to a lot of problems for us ( see oyo, anambra etc.) Fashola's victory will be the downfall of Lagos because tinubu will be a problem. fashola and tinubu will have a fallout because  no one wants to be a stooge forever.

koro- the only option. his experience is second to none. has the toughness to rule. we need an action man someone who can act quickly and is tough. we need someone to look out for the lower class right now. the priviledged people can fend for themselves. if we look out for the lower class things will ultimately get better for the others. if the touts are fed they wouldnt have to resort to killing for food. we do not need an economist right now.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2007
some people are getting carried away by the "top runner" syndrome. i guess we are in for alot of suprises.

Gbajabiamila will win the elections come April 14, Take it or Leave it !

Fashola & Koro being front runners are in for a shocker.
of the Three left (Gbaja, Agbaje & Pedro) only Gbaja has a grassroots structure and that is the joker grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 9:21am On Mar 13, 2007
Koro has no principles in him for he supported the failed 3rd term bid aggresively, saying it is the wish of the party so he should go the party(PDP) to be voted and not to Lagosians.
He supported witholding Lagos state council funds and impoverished a lot of people.
Koro has not come out to criticize the census figure given Lagos State he is just a bootlicker that is campaigning for us to join the mainstream politics what happened to Oyo state that joined mainstream politics.
For all the achievements of AWolowo in the South West he never compromised his principles to join the chop and quench politics at the center.
If as LG chairman he burnt Lagos City Mall, and as Senator never moved any motion to favour Lagos and Lagosians wonder what he would do as governor he might burn down Victoria Island.

Latest news: Thugs attacked Tinubu and Fashola at Ajah ( For our Koro Koro eyes dis is happening)
Only God knows what would happen with Koro as governor. As aspirant, thugs have started attacking the state governor and Fashola
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2007
@dayokanu i was at the AC rally myself. reports of tinubu being attacked were exaggerated. people in the crowd started fighting (which always happesn when thugs get together) over money or so.

it amazes me how all of a sudden, all these candidates want to "out-victim" themselves in the nigerian media. it seems to be the new fad: "i was attacked", "my convoy was ambushed", bla bla bla, they r trynna all play the sympathy card. gimme a break, nigerians aint stupid no more.

we will see how the candidates hold thier own this weekend when they have a televised debate. that is what im interested in.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dblock(m): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2007
Obanikoro for Lagos

Pat Utomi for Nigeria

If that happens then, it's got to be a dream, cos good things seldomly happen in Africa, yes I am implying that Obanior and Pat Utomi are good, because they are good for Nigeria
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wink wink wink wink cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2007
dblock:

Obanikoro for Lagos

Pat Utomi for Nigeria

If that happens then, it's got to be a dream, because good things seldomly happen in Africa, yes I am implying that Obanior and Pat Utomi are good, because they are good for Nigeria

@Dblock

my dear brother what exactly do you know about Lagos State politics?? methinks you are way too young to even yarn when some of us talk politics cool sports maybe, BUT DEFINITELY NOT LAGOS STATE POLITICS smiley grin

funny enuff you are not even based in the country! tongue cool

Obanikoro and Utomi?? best try Osama bin laden and the Pope shocked grin

@Streetcyph

The reports might have been exaggerated, but have you forgotten that journalists are usually most guilty of that by virtue of the fact that they want to make catchy headlines so as to sell their papers? cool

Did you hear of the violence at Ketu and Mile 12 area when Koro went for a rally there, despite the fact the supporters werent so many, the thugs shook the whole area on that friday, funny enuff Fashola went there the day after and the crowd that attended the rally at around Owode was almost 5 times the no of those at Koro's rally. It might surprise you to note that two guys were arrested with pump action guns and rifles numbering 5 that were recovered from them, tell me who sent them?? undecided

Bring on the debate, we know those that can express themselves and those that can't, and best believe me Koro is the poorest of all the candidates grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 13, 2007
smiley wink cheesy grin hmmmmmmmmmmm na folks like kitaun,streetcaph,illcoolg,and so carry me back come ere since the old boys are back on board. i dey feel una debate carrygo.i go add wen the time reach.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2007
@Femilangy

there is actually nothing new you have to add, your candiadate is not sellable, I am even surprised that someone like you would even get associated with Koro!!

You cant be more CATHOLIC THAN THE POPE, I KNOW KORO INSIDE OUT AND I TELL YOU HE IS NOT FIT TO RULE LAGOS cool
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2007
streetcyph:

@dayokanu i was at the AC rally myself. reports of tinubu being attacked were exaggerated. people in the crowd started fighting (which always happesn when thugs get together) over money or so.

it amazes me how all of a sudden, all these candidates want to "out-victim" themselves in the nigerian media. it seems to be the new fad: "i was attacked", "my convoy was ambushed", bla bla bla, they r trynna all play the sympathy card. gimme a break, nigerians aint stupid no more.

we will see how the candidates hold their own this weekend when they have a televised debate. that is what im interested in.

Please when is the debate?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 4:53am On Mar 14, 2007
Koro cant rule that state.I was told he sent thugs after AC members.He should cool down oh cos hes nt even voted in yet.

Not KORO.AGBAJE OR PEDRO will have my vote.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dblock(m): 7:07am On Mar 14, 2007
Kitaun, you are an insecure amoeba. If someone knows what they are talking about then let them talk about it, it doesn't take a rcoket scientist to figure out that Tinubu has failed Lagos more than OBJ has failed Nigeria and that Atiku is a baboon, I will tell you the smae thing in 40 years time so what exactly is your point tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue.
I'm younger than you but I'm not the one speaking like a two year old tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

angry angry angry angry angry(Ya Big Lunatic) angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dblock(m): 7:09am On Mar 14, 2007
Back to a more serious note, Obanikor will be a good governor, because if he succeeds in all that he has promised, Lagosians will see a substantial increase in their standard of living
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 10:05am On Mar 14, 2007
Obanikoro should count what his successes are in the Senate before thinking of governorship He supported 3rd term, has no principle, burnt lagos city hall, and what to rule Lagos that he connived to deny funds for more than 2 years HHmmmm only in Africa!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 10:16am On Mar 14, 2007
@ Dblock
Electoral promises?? why are you talking as if you are new to Naija politics electoral promises means nothing like a guy trying to woo a gal he would say anything at that point in time.
The only datum we can depend on are your antecedents and performance in previous positions what can Koro claim to have achieved in all the elective posts he has occupied apart from sponsoring thugs.

I am so sad that you are putting Pat Utomi a world renowned intellectual on the same page and line with a common thug and a political opportunist and unprincipled politician like Koro what are the similarities between them can you tell

Lagosian vote anybody(even Peter Odili as Lagos state governor grin grin) but not Koro so that we will not know Bitterness. Eko o ni baje.
Vote someone that can give us a [b]B[/b]righter and [b]R[/b]ewading [b]F[/b]uture. A SAN with a sound mind
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 14, 2007
*smiles* infact the thread has been interesting so far.

kitaun i wanna ask u one simple question.obanikoro was in the AD in 1999 and u nominated him for commisioner(forgettting the fact that he burnt down city mall as u all claim).in 2003 u not only embrassed him u voted him to represent lagos island in the senate(forgetting the fact that his name is koro,(bitter as u all claim)),i am yet to figure out when some ones name actually reperesents his personality.you claim obanikoro is a thug angry angry sad,i feel tinubu is a bigger thug,and we all voted tinubu to be our governor on 2 differnet occasions when we saw a learned fellow like engr funsho williams.u all claim obanikoro speaks like a tout shocked shocked shocked shocked,have u ever heard tinubu speak?my candidtae will rule this stae weda u like it or not.you claim fasholas rally in ketu had more crowd than koros rally,i am yet to comprehend  the fact that the size of the crowd in a rally relates success at the elections.did u watch fresh democratic party rally in ajegunle on sunday?u will be over convinced that okotie and mrs uche ibukun ohimai will win lagos state outrightly,but u and me know that is not possible.see kitaun tinubu and his co-horts are already loosing popularity in lagos state.if tinubu and fashola can be chased by thugs in ajah then we know even the thugs or so called touts want a change.in 2003 something like that could never have happen.meaning:tinubu is loosing his popularity fast.

niyooooooooo and dblock carry go i dey feel u na too much.na there eye he go happen wen koro becomes governor

streetcaph how u dey, miss u guys oh where una come run go wen new comers dey follow me yan nonsence grin grin grin

I BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
KORO  DE IBO DE
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dblock(m): 10:57am On Mar 14, 2007
well Obanikoro is better than Tinubu, right undecided
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 11:52am On Mar 14, 2007
Tinubu was a prominent member of NADECO that spoke against injustice and fought for democracy where was Obanikoro then?
And can someone tell me what were Koro's achievement in the political offices he held throughout.

Third term campaign on which side was Koro? LG funds, Census Koro was always against Lagosians the soul of Lagos is not for sale,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2007
dont say i didn't tell u oooooooo
Gbajabiamila is our next Governor. Gba be grin

u guys enjoy discussing lazy politics, talk developmental issues, then i can join in, not all this baseless bickering of u send thugs i didn't send thugs!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

40 Vehicles Recovered By ICPC From Directors And Their Deputies (Photos) / Twitter Presidential Election Between Bukola Saraki And Bobrisky. / James Ibori Releases Document Of How He Helped British Airways Under Abacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.