Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (493650 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
karli4nia:

Happy belated birthday Bro! Keep up the good works..Many more fruitful years..
Hope its late to send bd gifts.. No worry ..next year dey grin
haaa na ojoro be that oooo grin grin grin grin thank you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ddarkguy:
Happy belated birthday Seyewest. You have indeed been a blessing to your generation. Keep the good work and may the Lord bless and keep you safe atall times. God bless your new year.
Thank you boss.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Jamezy4u: 4:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hello House and experience people

Please, as a Graduate student on F1 Visa, what type of business petty things can your wife do in the US legally to keep busy as well as support financially while with you in US on F2 dependent Visa?

Is there any hand work/skills she can learn in Nigeria before coming that she can use legally? Am aware dependent are not allowed to take up employment while on F2 Visa.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mbamto: 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
seyewest:
Noted and corrected.
oh nice
Welldone I have learnt so much from you. Keep doing the good work.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:16am On Oct 18, 2017
Jamezy4u:

Please, as a Graduate student on F1 Visa, what type of business petty things can your wife do in the US legally to keep busy as well as support financially while with you in US on F2 dependent Visa?

Is there any hand work/skills she can learn in Nigeria before coming that she can use legally? Am aware dependent are not allowed to take up employment while on F2 Visa.

Thanks in anticipation.
If that's the case how do you expect us to assist you here? It pays to obey rules and regulation. I wish you the best.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Pension10: 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good afternoon my good people,

Please i want a clarification on a particular issue. My family with four children have a valid VISA (B1/B2) to US. But my hubby business does not permit him to travel now. My question is that "can I travel with four children to US without hubby". Though he is ready to sponsor the trip. I heard from someone that only two children are allowed with one adult at POE. is it true Sir/Ma?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
Pension10:
Good afternoon my good people,

Please i want a clarification on a particular issue. My family with four children have a valid VISA (B1/B2) to US. But my hubby business does not permit him to travel now. My question is that "can I travel with four children to US without hubby". Though he is ready to sponsor the trip. I heard from someone that only two children are allowed with one adult at POE. is it true Sir/Ma?
Depending on the age of the children.. I see no big deal in traveling with them... just for in case get a letter of consent from your husband.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by oketg: 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
I team, i had B1B2 visa and i want to visit for for two week but may stay for two or three months if my visa is stamped 6 months. My question is can i buy one way ticket and soughtout return ticket from there.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Donaltus: 6:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Am 100% sure you will be deported back to Nigeria, it illegal to book a one way ticket on a visiting visa. You can try you luck sha
oketg:
I team, i had B1B2 visa and i want to visit for for two week but may stay for two or three months if my visa is stamped 6 months. My question is can i buy one way ticket and soughtout return ticket from there.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by bigbus: 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
oketg:

Sir, Likely the airline will not agree to carry you. You need a return ticket if you are travelling with a visit visa. That said, it is best to stick to your plan according to your form/interview.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by oketg: 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigbus:

Sir, Likely the airline will not agree to carry you. You need a return ticket if you are travelling with a visit visa. That said, it is best to stick to your plan according to your form/interview.

Thanks for clearity but staying beyound 2weeks if stamped 6 months is not really a crime.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kessel: 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
Bigabbey22:
Thank you all my brothers on this platform for your contribution, although I will be staying with my brother for 3 weeks I booked, so am good to go with 800$, thanks alot.
My boss once told me the story of how a rich man got stranded at the airport years back in California. He missed his flight and was out of cash to book another flight and gues what he did
He started shouting for assistance from passerbys who paid less attention to him.
Guess what boss did, he walked up to him and asked how much he needed cos he was disgracing and he promised to pay the money back once he stepped his foot in Nigeria.
And that was how a relationship that has lasted for 25years was birthed in the airport.
My point: Anything can go wrong at any point in time, hence, the need to be over prepared can not be over emphasized.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2017
oketg:
Deportation 100%
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by uniquema: 11:49am On Oct 19, 2017
Believe13:
Hi, seyewest, am also travelling with some foodstuff that my sis requested for.( catfish and panla, also crayfish, maggi, curry, egusi) hope I won't have issues? Thanks.

Just make sure your maggi is not chicken flavour, My bag was searched because when the CPB officer (Agric) asked me the flavour of the maggi cubes I had, I told him I don't know cos it was packed by my wife and he requested to see it. After confirming it was beef flavour, he asked me to repack my bag and go.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by godsfavoritee(m): 1:14am On Oct 20, 2017
Hello I need a clarification on this, my self and my wife just got our visa and on the D's 160 form we were suppose to travel next year march but we both decided to go this very December cos one of us might not be free to go next year march hope it won't have any effect? NB its a tourist visa.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tatalotambolo: 1:24am On Oct 20, 2017
leboss6:
for wetin now , see as u just call 3k dollars as if it's 300$ , especially in this days of cashless policy , with 800$ u are good to go ,PTA sef is 500$....$800 dollars is very very ok
It's not automatically that they ask for the amount of you, in my family case, we were not asked to disclose our pta ,pray for favour, you will get it
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tatalotambolo: 1:31am On Oct 20, 2017
uniquema:

Just make sure your maggi is not chicken flavour, My bag was searched because when the CPB officer (Agric) asked me the flavour of the maggi cubes I had, I told him I don't know cos it was packed by my wife and he requested to see it. After confirming it was beef flavour, he asked me to repack my bag and go.
You can carry any food, just declare it, but it's not necessary u carry curry, curry full here, for crayfish and other fish o 4th food items with strong odour, tie well in nylon, wrap in cloth too, make sure d smell doesn't oze out for them to smell, don't carry ponmo too or snails or cooked beef, anything else u k no one u eat, carry in moderation.... Good luck, everything na head o
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tatalotambolo: 1:40am On Oct 20, 2017
oketg:

Thanks for clearity but staying beyound 2weeks if stamped 6 months is not really a crime.
You can fill one Week and stay for 5 months, nothing spoil, as long as u exit before d end of six months, and even if u choose to spend ur two years at once, if u don't commit any crime, but stay low key, u still don't av much problem, but d day you chose to come back Naija, still no wahala, only that u will never enter USA again for ur life
As for one way ticket, forget it, you can't buy a one-way ticket, unless you are a US citizen, if any agent promise u a one way ticket, it's fake, and u might likely be sent back from port of entry... So play safe, buy a round trip ticket from an Aiata original agent

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tatalotambolo: 1:46am On Oct 20, 2017
Sinclair55:
I got a visa 10months ago for a uncle son's wedding in Houston. I couldn't attend the wedding due to work pressure. Now am ready to go on vacation. Please What are the likely questions I will be asked at point of entry. Thanks
Just keep an open mind, be as honest as possible
Be confident and keep a smilley eye contact
Explain urself in clear English,... It's by God's favor, their Is no specific questions, just be ready to defend whatever questions as honest as possible... And who knows, you might not be asked anything than your name
Occupation and duration of stay!
Anything is possible
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tatalotambolo: 9:47am On Oct 20, 2017
Jamezy4u:

She can well rely on hairdressing job, she should learn and perfect d art of making all kinds of hair do, she doesn't need permit to make hair, she can use word of mouth to advertise, or go to salons that specializes in African braids and cornrows, usually if d salon takes her, they call her when their is a need, and they pay her 60% of whatever is charged , if she's fast enough she can make as many heads as possible, for single braids, they charge between $100 or more, so she gets $60 while d shop takes $40 ,and if she's nice, she can attract her own customers from there for home service and subsequently become self employed, she is not legal and do cannot be employed for most jobs as all jobs require work permit, unless by what they call under the table which is not too available.
Using another person's social security number is highly illegal if caught, but it is possible, nowadays it's always on d news, educating citizens in identity theft and how to catch offenders, she can do nanny or babysitting too if she can be referred by someone, but I must warn u, even a restaurant plate washing job will be given to her without papers..., she can try and go to a nursing school and take a CNA class for a few months, it cost around $1200 ,u can pay by instalments, but still can't work with her certificate without papers
If she wants to do legal bizness she must have her tax � , it is good to have d number but not a replacement for the social security number, although I here in states like Maryland and new York, a few employer might accept it o, but am yet to see any,
So my brother ,hairdressing lo sure ju ,in my opinion and experience in my own state sha

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by leboss6(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2017
tatalotambolo:

It's not automatically that they ask for the amount of you, in my family case, we were not asked to disclose our pta ,pray for favour, you will get it
I totally agree with u ,that's why I was against the person that said one should hold 3k dollars.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Sidechick22(f): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2017
Happy belated birthday seyewest.house please has any one flown with etihad airways before?i heard about their sales and I'm travelling to newyork.please I need advice and tips before booking them.God bless us all
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:47am On Oct 20, 2017
godsfavoritee:
Hello I need a clarification on this, my self and my wife just got our visa and on the D's 160 form we were suppose to travel next year march but we both decided to go this very December cos one of us might not be free to go next year march hope it won't have any effect? NB its a tourist visa.

Since it's a tourist visa you should be able to change your travel time but have a good reason for doing that in case they ask you why you decided to bring it forward.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2017
tatalotambolo:

You can fill one Week and stay for 5 months, nothing spoil, as long as u exit before d end of six months, and even if u choose to spend ur two years at once, if u don't commit any crime, but stay low key, u still don't av much problem, but d day you chose to come back Naija, still no wahala, only that u will never enter USA again for ur life
As for one way ticket, forget it, you can't buy a one-way ticket, unless you are a US citizen, if any agent promise u a one way ticket, it's fake, and u might likely be sent back from port of entry... So play safe, buy a round trip ticket from an Aiata original agent
I don't think it's advisable for a person below the age of 60 to stay for more than 3 months... it may affect the subsequent issuance of a new visa.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
Sidechick22:
Happy belated birthday seyewest.house please has any one flown with etihad airways before?i heard about their sales and I'm travelling to newyork.please I need advice and tips before booking them.God bless us all
Nice airline with nice airplane, the only difference is that you will do your POE interview in Abu Dhabi which means you will be stamped into U.S in abu dhabi and your flight will be treated a domestic flight once you're in U.S so no more interview in U.S.
The POE in Abu Dhabi is okay but a little bit strict than the one in U.S.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by billybabe: 10:38am On Oct 21, 2017
Yes I flew with Etihad on 19th October to newyork.long trip but the good thing is that you will be checked in from Abu Dhabi ,once you enter New York straight to arrivals no hassles.
Sidechick22:
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 21, 2017
Good Day Mr. Seyewest! Nairaland is just so vast. Didn't know there was a thread for POE too! Thank God I came across it, I would have probably been taken unawares...

Please, I have some questions...I got my B1/B2 visa since July and my conference will start November 2nd, 2017 in Baltimore, Maryland.

However, due t agent suggested I take a flight stopping at Washington, Dulles IAD, (think that's the full name) and take a bus or train to baltimore, I think it's about an hour or 2hrs to baltimore.

I have my conference receipts and hotel booking for 3days too in the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton. I also mentioned in my DS form that I will visit the Maryland Science centre which is a sort of tourist attraction in Maryland.

However, in my DS 106 form, I filled that i"ll be staying for 7days but after much consideration i decided i'd like to stay for 8 more days for sight seeing and all, that's making it 15days in all.

my flight details now reads that, i"ll depart Nigeria on the 31st Oct. 2017 and return on the 14th of November 2017

Please i'd like to know if this small adjustment in travel plans will be any cause to worry at the POE? Plus must I buy the bus/train ticket to Baltimore b4 arriving Washington POE?
Plus hope Dulles POE is not harsh o?
Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 21, 2017
seyewest:

Nice airline with nice airplane, the only difference is that you will do your POE interview in Abu Dhabi which means you will be stamped into U.S in abu dhabi and your flight will be treated a domestic flight once you're in U.S so no more interview in U.S.
The POE in Abu Dhabi is okay but a little bit strict than the one in U.S.
. Good Day Mr. Seyewest! Nairaland is just so vast. Didn't know there was a thread for POE too! Thank God I came across it, I would have probably been taken unawares...

Please, I have some questions...I got my B1/B2 visa since July and my conference will start November 2nd, 2017 in Baltimore, Maryland.

However, due to increased flight ticket price, my travel agent suggested I take a flight stopping at Washington, Dulles IAD, (think that's the full name) and take a bus or train to baltimore, I think it's about an hour or 2hrs to baltimore.

I have my conference receipts and hotel booking for 3days too in the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton. I also mentioned in my DS form that I will visit the Maryland Science centre which is a sort of tourist attraction in Maryland.

However, in my DS 106 form, I filled that i"ll be staying for 7days but after much consideration i decided i'd like to stay for 8 more days for sight seeing and all, that's making it 15days in all.

my flight details now reads that, i"ll depart Nigeria on the 31st Oct. 2017 and return on the 14th of November 2017

Please i'd like to know if this small adjustment in travel plans will be any cause to worry at the POE? Plus must I buy the bus/train ticket to Baltimore b4 arriving Washington POE?
Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
BlinkyBling:
Good Day Mr. Seyewest! Nairaland is just so vast. Didn't know there was a thread for POE too! Thank God I came across it, I would have probably been taken unawares...

However, due t agent suggested I take a flight stopping at Washington, Dulles IAD, (think that's the full name) and take a bus or train to baltimore, I think it's about an hour or 2hrs to baltimore.

Thanks
You're welcome...
The best and convenient Airport to Baltimore is IAD it's basically the same area.
Apart from staying in the hotel for 3 days where will you spend the next 12 days?
Check with the hotel if they have airport shuttle and call them a day before leaving Nigeria just for confirmation.
You can always get a train out of the airport so do research on it.
I see no big deal in changing your stay for a few more days.
Have a safe journey to U.S
Bring plantain chips grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
seyewest:

You're welcome...
The best and convenient Airport to Baltimore is IAD it's basically the same area.
Apart from staying in the hotel for 3 days where will you spend the next 12 days?
Check with the hotel if they have airport shuttle and call them a day before leaving Nigeria just for confirmation.
You can always get a train out of the airport so do research on it.
I see no big deal in changing your stay for a few more days.
Have a safe journey to U.S
Bring plantain chips grin grin grin

lol...Tnx so much! Will actually bring the chips if you"re in Baltimore oo...
I might still decide to stay a bit more in the hotel though I am trying to see if any of my friends or relative know someone I can hang out with there...
None for now though, so the hotel is my best bet with about 1500 dollars cash and some few change in my Dollar master card. wink cheesy

Will still research and see if I can get cheaper hotels/motels...please do you have any ideas Tnx 4 ur tym. Really appreciate!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2017
BlinkyBling:
lol...Tnx so much! Will actually bring the chips if you"re in Baltimore oo...
I might still decide to stay a bit more in the hotel though I am trying to see if any of my friends or relative know someone I can hang out with there...
None for now though, so the hotel is my best bet with about 1500 dollars cash and some few change in my Dollar master card. wink cheesy

Will still research and see if I can get cheaper hotels/motels...please do you have any ideas Tnx 4 ur tym. Really appreciate!

You can actually spend 3 days at the hotel and get an Airbnb for as low as $40 a night.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
seyewest:

You can actually spend 3 days at the hotel and get an Airbnb for as low as $40 a night.
oh really! Wow! That's quite a price, that means i'd be ballling? cheesy Please what's an Airbnb?

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.