Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (493559 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
BlinkyBling:
oh really! Wow! That's quite a price, that means i'd be ballling? cheesy Please what's an Airbnb?
BNB is actually Bed and Breakfast.... airbnb add .com to it and verify your account.. search for the location and choose a convenient place and pay but you won't be bill until you check in.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
seyewest:
BNB is actually Bed and Breakfast.... airbnb add .com to it and verify your account.. search for the location and choose a convenient place and pay but you won't be bill until you check in.
thanks boss! Really gr8ful. God bless!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Sunmisire: 10:29am On Oct 22, 2017
God bless the good work here. Pls I got a US visa for my family(spouse,myslf and baby) as we claimed spouse is on leave and we wld like to spend it over there.
1. I will be going with my 16 months old baby as my husband wld join us later... Hope it won't be a problem at the POE since it's a family visa.
2. When he is also coming alone,hope it won't be a problem.
3. How much is the cheapest daycare or crèche I can get for my baby as I am planning to work(under the table)for d few months I will be spending there. Since I will be staying with a friend in New Jersey.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jennytbell: 11:33am On Oct 22, 2017
Sunmisire:
God bless the good work here. Pls I got a US visa for my family(spouse,myslf and baby) as we claimed spouse is on leave and we wld like to spend it over there.
1. I will be going with my 16 months old baby as my husband wld join us later... Hope it won't be a problem at the POE since it's a family visa.
3. How much is the cheapest daycare or crèche I can get for my baby as I am planning to work(under the table)for d few months I will be spending there. Since I will be staying with a friend in New Jersey.

You are not permitted to work with visit visa and we don't encourage such here.

12 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Sunmisire:

We CANNOT help you here... Have a good day.
You're part of the reason they spoil the name of our dear country and also the reason they denied good people with good intention.

7 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by adeoluwanimi101: 11:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hello @Seyewest,

My question might be a bit silly... Please indulge me.

I am traveling on Friday, and my Uncle wants me to bring Aadun for him whilst coming.

Do I have to declare it as foodstuff or I don't need to.

Cause I have been getting conflicting info that I don't have to declare it.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Beautyaddy: 12:38am On Oct 25, 2017
adeoluwanimi101:
Hello @Seyewest,

I am traveling on Friday, and my Uncle wants me to bring Aadun for him whilst coming.

Yes you should declare it as foodstuff.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Propertyeighty: 1:35am On Oct 25, 2017
Hello house!
I was scheduled for an HR conference in Las Vegas in November this year but due to a directive released lately from my place of work, I'm to travel at the exact dates to Ghana on an important assignment.
My question is that I want to postpone my US trip to next year,I have found another HR conference but this time in New York.
I intend paying soon for both the conference and the hotel.
I hope there won't be issues at the POE?
Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pyx: 5:44am On Oct 25, 2017
Bissycrown:
@seyewest and other smart guys here. Pls I need to know if anyone can help me with information on how to go about my itinerary. My intending date of travel is November 28th to be back by December 14th. I contacted wakanow agent who advised that I should go through New York for cheap fair. Meanwhile my destination is Baltimore and I intend to book Amtrak train to Baltimore but I don't know how to go about this. I don't know how to pay for the train from here. I dont want to have any issues with the CBD at the entry.Pls help a brother with valuable information or if anyone can help me out. Thanks alot guys.
Try greyhound bus online booking from Nigeria. From port station in NY to Baltimore is around $12 if you book ahead but make sure you use your own card and not for someone else to avoid more charges. Good luck

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by keni: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2017
Propertyeighty:
Hello house!
I was scheduled for an HR conference in Las Vegas in November this year but due to a directive released lately from my place of work, I'm to travel at the exact dates to Ghana on an important assignment.
My question is that I want to postpone my US trip to next year,I have found another HR conference but this time in New York.
Thanks

You might have to explain when you get to POE, I didnt have to explain anything during my own visit despite having the same issue as you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:40am On Oct 25, 2017
adeoluwanimi101:
Hello @Seyewest,

It's not silly and yes you can bring it along and you must declare it as well...
it's not a big deal.. if they're not okay with it they might seize it.
Hope your uncle is included in your ds160 form and also during the interview?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2017
Propertyeighty:
Hello house!
Thanks

In case they ask why you fail to turn up for the main conference explain why you couldn't make it by showing them evidence of travel and conference in Ghana.
As for me I think you have a strong case here and you should have no problem at all when you decided to travel to U.S.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by adeoluwanimi101: 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Thanks so much for your response, I appreciate it.

Yes, he is included in the form as he invited me.

Taking Alabukun drugs with me also and some other drugs for him.

It's not silly and yes you can bring it along and you must declare it as well...
Hope your uncle is included in your ds160 form and also during the interview?[/quote]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:13am On Oct 26, 2017
adeoluwanimi101:
Thanks so much for your response, I appreciate it.

Yes, he is included in the form as he invited me.

Taking Alabukun drugs with me also and some other drugs for him.

Hope your uncle is included in your ds160 form and also during the interview?

Just becareful of the drugs and please declare it if possible.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by trovserg: 10:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
Good Evening all, Pls is it ok for someone who was supposed to travel with d wife decide to travel alone? B¹B² visa. Will there be issues at POE
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
trovserg:
Good Evening all, Pls is it ok for someone who was supposed to travel with d wife decide to travel alone? B¹B² visa. Will there be issues at POE
Why is she traveling alone?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by adeoluwanimi101: 7:04am On Oct 29, 2017
Yeah guys...

I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God came through for me.

I appreciate everyone that has answered my questions from day 1 till now, God will come though for us at all points.

This is my interview transcript.

CBP: Evening sir.
Me : Good evening
CBP: What are you here for?
Me: Vacation
CBP: Where will you be staying
Me: Gave him the full address plus postal code.
CBP: Smiled and asked, where do you work and what do you do?
Me: I work for 9mobile formerly known as Etisalat Nigeria as a Customer Care Executive
CBP: How many days are you spending in the US?
Me: 10 days?
CBP: You said you are a marketer right?
Me: No, I am a customer care executive.
CBP: Welcome to the United states, Enjoy your stay.

I went to pick up my bag and I was stopped again by another official for a random check, He checked my bag and saw the aadun I took with me and asked, if it was an african cake to which I replied yes.

He put his knife through and sniffed, I think my man was searching for drugs. He told me to pack up and go.

Can anyone help me with the link to know your length of stay?

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jenny2007(f): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2017
adeoluwanimi101:
Yeah guys...

I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God came through for me.

I appreciate everyone that has answered my questions from day 1 till now, God will come though for us at all points.

This is my interview transcript.

CBP: Evening sir.
Me : Good evening
CBP: What are you here for?
Me: Vacation
CBP: Where will you be staying
Me: Gave him the full address plus postal code.
CBP: Smiled and asked, where do you work and what do you do?
Me: I work for 9mobile formerly known as Etisalat Nigeria as a Customer Care Executive
CBP: How many days are you spending in the US?
Me: 10 days?
CBP: You said you are a marketer right?
Me: No, I am a customer care executive.
CBP: Welcome to the United states, Enjoy your stay.

I went to pick up my bag and I was stopped again by another official for a random check, He checked my bag and saw the aadun I took with me and asked, if it was an african cake to which I replied yes.

He put his knife through and sniffed, I think my man was searching for drugs. He told me to pack up and go.

Can anyone help me with the link to know your length of stay?

Well done mate! The C.B.P was only being smart when he asked you if you were a marketing executive. Good thing that you stuck to your initial answer and probably what you filled out in your embassy form. You didn't tell us where you landed though. Here's the link that you requested https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by godsfavoritee(m): 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hello house, I want to find out if I can travel with my international drivers licence on vacation to the united state thank you..NB I will only be staying for 14 days!!

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Donaltus: 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
godsfavoritee:
Hello house, I want to find out if I can travel with my international drivers licence on vacation to the united state thank you..NB I will only be staying for 14 days!!
it not ideal to travel with any documents.... Beside you can use your international driver's licence to process your stay in the USA....if atall u wan to run to America then can send it to you wen u get there....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by vegasdesigning: 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
Propertyeighty:
Hello house!
Thanks

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by adeoluwanimi101: 10:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
[Landed at JFK. Thanks for the link, got it yesterday but couldn't find my info on there.]

Well done mate! The C.B.P was only being smart when he asked you if you were a marketing executive. Good thing that you stuck to your initial answer and probably what you filled out in your embassy form. You didn't tell us where you landed though. Here's the link that you requested https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home[/quote]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ladylco: 2:36am On Oct 30, 2017
godsfavoritee:

oh yes you can, and even rent and drive with it for 90days in the usa

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ladylco: 2:40am On Oct 30, 2017
[quote author=Donaltus post=61881413]it not ideal to travel with any documents.... Beside you can use your international driver's licence to process your stay in the USA....if atall u wan to run to America then can send it to you wen u get there....[/quote

Oga Donaitus! how can you use international drivers licence to process stay?!!!

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jenny2007(f): 6:49am On Oct 30, 2017
Donaltus:
it not ideal to travel with any documents.... Beside you can use your international driver's licence to process your stay in the USA....if atall u wan to run to America then can send it to you wen u get there....

You're lying. A lot of foreigners hire cars when they get to the States and they need their licence for this. Even at Jfk there are some self-drive car hire companies with their stands there. Don't say what you don't know pls

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jenny2007(f): 6:52am On Oct 30, 2017
[quote author=ladylco post=61895306][/quote]

Don't mind the ITK!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by smokeydrinky: 6:57am On Oct 30, 2017
Seyewest, others, plz how do I go about flight booking?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:57am On Oct 30, 2017
godsfavoritee:
Yes you can and you can even hire a car for the duration of your stay.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2017
Donaltus:
I don't understand your advice oooo... Driver license is a form of legal identification anywhere in the world... Please your advice is wrong as far as I know

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2017
adeoluwanimi101:
[Landed at JFK. Thanks for the link, got it yesterday but couldn't find my info on there.]

Well done mate! The C.B.P was only being smart when he asked you if you were a marketing executive. Good thing that you stuck to your initial answer and probably what you filled out in your embassy form. You didn't tell us where you landed though. Here's the link that you requested https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
Why do you need the link? it will only be updated when you leave U.S
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:03am On Oct 30, 2017
smokeydrinky:
Seyewest, others, plz how do I go about flight booking?
type your departure city and arrival city in google that's a step in the right direction...

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by trovserg: 9:53am On Oct 30, 2017
It's he,the wife was unable to enter the embassy and sinx then they have issues rebooking appointment because she is attached to him as a dependant
seyewest:

Why is she traveling alone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.