Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (493289 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 9:41am On Jun 09, 2018
Armadaij:

The fact that there is a shorter connecting flight within that time frame may make you ineligible for the offer.

The link below will answer all your questions regarding the layover arrangement.

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/before-you-fly/dubai-international-airport/dubai-connect-conditions.aspx

Also, below is the specific part of the T&C that explains your eligibility or otherwise for "Dubai Connect"

Eligibility

You must meet the following eligibility criteria to qualify for the ‘Dubai Connect’ offer:

Minimum connecting time for Economy Class passengers
The connection time between inbound flight arrival into Dubai and the outbound flight departure from Dubai must be more than or equal to eight hours and less than or equal to 24 hours. The passenger must be booked on the best available connection, that being the one with the shortest transit time in Dubai, between the inbound flight into Dubai and the outbound flight from Dubai, to qualify for the ‘Dubai Connect’ offer.

Minimum connecting time for First Class and Business Class passengers
The connection time between inbound flight arrival into Dubai and outbound flight departure from Dubai must be more than or equal to six hours and less than or equal to 24 hours. The passenger must be booked on the best available connection, that being the one with the shortest transit time in Dubai, between the inbound flight into Dubai and the outbound flight from Dubai, to qualify for the ‘Dubai Connect’ offer.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, it does.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Activedreamer: 9:48am On Jun 09, 2018
jenny2007:

I'm currently in the same situation as well. Booked online too but with Emirates directly in their site. I have a 9hrs layover. Went to Emirates office and they said no hotel provided becos there was a shorter layover option during my booking (I didnt even notice). By the way the option that i picked was the cheapest at time of booking. Best thing is to look for hotels around the airport (requires visa fee etc) or book a hotel INSIDE the airport. Check on bookings.com
I will just have to book a hotel then. Thank you.
We know not to make same mistake next time . I don learn.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
Activedreamer:

I will just have to book a hotel then. Thank you.
We know not to make same mistake next time . I don learn.

Dont just book an hotel... use your ref number and your surname directly on emirates site and first confirm if you are eligible for free hotel (dubai connect)... check some pages back or my posts, I gave a detailed account...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Electroweb(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
Some days ago. POE is houston

ME: Good afternon
CBP:Hello, hw long will you be in Houston
ME: ...days
CBP:For business or pleasure
ME: pleasure
CBP: Do you know anyone here?
ME: Yes
CBP: Where do you work
ME: I work in bla bla bla
CBP What is your job title?
ME: I am a ...
CBP: How much did you come with?
ME: $...
The amount wasnt much so he asked if I have money in Visacard, Mastercard and all that which I said yes.

The process was less than 5mins

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
Electroweb:
Some days ago. POE is houston

ME: Good afternon
CBP:Hello, hw long will you be in Houston
ME: ...days
CBP:For business or pleasure
ME: pleasure
CBP: Do you know anyone here?
ME: Yes
CBP: Where do you work
ME: I work in bla bla bla
CBP What is your job title?
ME: I am a ...
CBP: How much did you come with?
ME: $...
The amount wasnt much so he asked if I have money in Visacard, Mastercard and all that which I said yes.

The process was less than 5mins

Nice
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by babylawyr(f): 8:57am On Jun 10, 2018
Hello all.

I didnt post my POE from last year (Houston), so i told my self i must post this year. Just arrived Houston some minutes ago. Here we go.

Bought BA ticket LOS-LHR-PA-IAH a few weeks ago. Bought directly from BA as it was cheaper than Wakanow and travelstart. I was a bit 'unhappy'/'worried' cos the LHR-PA-IAH part of the journey was American airlines and i didnt know what to expect.
I arrived Philly (POE), at about 5.55pm the airport was practically empty.
CBP: what are u here for
Me: for a vacation
CBP: how long are u staying
Me: about 2 week and a few days. Infact i leave on ...... day.
CBP scans pasport and stamps it. It was easy.

After i collected my bags at Philly and i declared heaven and earth, the other officer just collected my landing card and asked me to go. No checks nothing.

Things to note:
If you are connecting domestic ( i did Philly to Houston) even if your bags are checked in till final destination, you have to pick them up at your POE and do a drop off again before you board to final destination.

I feel Philly is a very easy POE. I remember last year in Houston the CBP officer asked me all sort, i even had to show my return ticket and i went to agriculture for another scan and round of questions.

BA flight on BA was not bad, they had new movies but the plane felt a bit tight. Emirates is more spacious. The American airlines....hmmm, it was ok. Food was bleh.

The Philly to Houston part of it was delayed so be prepared to arrive in the midnight.

Let me go to bed. Im happy to answer any question.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lovadeshy: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
I've been reading and You guys are really great Here, sharing your experiences to help the intending traveler like me. Alright I have questions.

My B1/B2 visa interview is scheduled to hold on the 8th of August, actually am going to visit a brother over there and I will like to know How possible and easy to extend my stay beyond 6 months if am lucky to be given a visa. Secondly, what's the cheapest flight company to book?
Regards to everyone.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
babylawyr:
Hello all.

I didnt post my POE from last year (Houston), so i told my self i must post this year. Just arrived Houston some minutes ago. Here we go.

Bought BA ticket LOS-LHR-PA-IAH a few weeks ago. Bought directly from BA as it was cheaper than Wakanow and travelstart. I was a bit 'unhappy'/'worried' cos the LHR-PA-IAH part of the journey was American airlines and i didnt know what to expect.
I arrived Philly (POE), at about 5.55pm the airport was practically empty.
CBP: what are u here for
Me: for a vacation
CBP: how long are u staying
Me: about 2 week and a few days. Infact i leave on ...... day.
CBP scans pasport and stamps it. It was easy.

After i collected my bags at Philly and i declared heaven and earth, the other officer just collected my landing card and asked me to go. No checks nothing.

Things to note:
If you are connecting domestic ( i did Philly to Houston) even if your bags are checked in till final destination, you have to pick them up at your POE and do a drop off again before you board to final destination.

I feel Philly is a very easy POE. I remember last year in Houston the CBP officer asked me all sort, i even had to show my return ticket and i went to agriculture for another scan and round of questions.

BA flight on BA was not bad, they had new movies but the plane felt a bit tight. Emirates is more spacious. The American airlines....hmmm, it was ok. Food was bleh.

The Philly to Houston part of it was delayed so be prepared to arrive in the midnight.

Let me go to bed. Im happy to answer any question.

Philly Airport is large but not enough passenger to make it a very busy airport.
I have this question about domestic connection in U.S (for International Flight) will the domestic flight check the weight of your luggage will you be bill for extra luggage?
Hope you enjoy your holiday and you're invited to assist travelers to U.S on this thread.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
Lovadeshy:
I've been reading and You guys are really great Here, sharing your experiences to help the intending traveler like me. Alright I have questions.

My B1/B2 visa interview is scheduled to hold on the 8th of August, actually am going to visit a brother over there and I will like to know How possible and easy to extend my stay beyond 6 months if am lucky to be given a visa. Secondly, what's the cheapest flight company to book?
Regards to everyone.

What you want to do is illegal and what you want to do may affect people with good intention because they maybe denied visa because you abused your visa that is if they issue you one.
This thread is not created for looking for ticket.
You're on the wrong thread.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 2:25pm On Jun 10, 2018
seyewest:
Philly Airport is large but not enough passenger to make it a very busy airport. I have this question about domestic connection in U.S (for International Flight) will the domestic flight check the weight of your luggage will you be bill for extra luggage? Hope you enjoy your holiday and you're invited to assist travelers to U.S on this thread.

Some bit tricky, if you don't have a good grasp of this and you meet an inexperienced person at check-in point, you will just be the loser. One, be abreast with the baggage conditions attached to your ticket/flight. Two, principal to this rule on most tickets is that the allowance granted you on the very first leg of the flight is what is obtainable with the other legs whether local or international.

I remember about 4-5 years ago I flew United Airlines (ticket was a multicity booking) out of LOS to IAH, and on my way out I flew same airline from IAH to JFK but not without hassles on my baggage allowance, I had to insist on speaking with a superior and that was granted, in less than 2 minutes of chat and findings, he did apologize on behalf of his junior officer that initially attended to me and sent me on my way at no extra cost because I was qualified for two 23kg/50lbs luggage as a result of what obtained on the first leg of that my ticket from LOS-IAH. JFK to LOS via FRA on Lufthansa (codeshare) was a smooth wrap, had about a kilo above the allowed kgs on all three luggage, I only paid the official I think $200 or so on the extra baggage.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lovadeshy: 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2018
seyewest:

What you want to do is illegal and what you want to do may affect people with good intention because they maybe denied visa because you abused your visa that is if they issue you one.
This thread is not created for looking for ticket.
You're on the wrong thread.

Thanks for your reply sir, And please try to understand my message and the angle am coming from, am not planning or Having an intention to do anything illegal and as a new person intending to travel, am only seeking advice as to the posibility of elongation of my stay if am issued a visa.
Secondly, I saw many complaints and replies concerning ticket booking and just trying to know the cheapest one per people's experience. So, to you, if I've done the wrong thing am sorry.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by boja28(m): 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2018
sweetseth:
Happy new month everyone. Pls I need answers. Myself, hubby and 2 kids planned to travel by april but I have been very busy at Work. My students are writing their final papers so I am not granted leave. We want to travel to orlando,my questions :
1.As first timer, do we go tru jfk or mco?
2. Can we go separately peradventure my leave is not granted, because my husband may not be chanced again.
3. How and when can we get cheap flight. I just notice that the price is shooting up. Pls note that we are first timers. Thanks

JFK the best Pls! Don't do other airports except JFK
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2018
Lovadeshy:

Thanks for your reply sir, And please try to understand my message and the angle am coming from, am not planning or Having an intention to do anything illegal and as a new person intending to travel, am only seeking advice as to the posibility of elongation of my stay if am issued a visa.
Secondly, I saw many complaints and replies concerning ticket booking and just trying to know the cheapest one per people's experience. So, to you, if I've done the wrong thing am sorry.

If that's the case get the visa first.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
boja28:

JFK the best Pls! Don't do other airports except JFK

That's a wrong advice, the traveler can choose the nearest airport to his/her destination.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by EphraimBoat: 6:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
AsiwajuAdedapo:
EphraimBoat
No issue whatsoever since you have genuine reasons. Anyways, when you are ready to purchase your ticket, contact me, I can give you a great deal. Couple's fare. Don't fret, I work in a travel company.

Thank you EphraimBoat
I will like to follow @seyewest's advice
LOS - Texas , Texas - JFK, JFK - LOS
Or how can we make this happen?

What dates please?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by EphraimBoat: 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2018
sweetseth:
Pls I need great deal for my family's trip anytime from next week. 2adults and 2 kids age 9 and 6

Still need? Hope I'm not too late
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
EphraimBoat:

Still need? Hope I'm not too late

Remember this is not a ticket selling thread.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by EphraimBoat: 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
seyewest:

Remember this is not a ticket selling thread.

Sure sure... So sorry. Was trying to provide assistance in regards to tickets.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Eweren: 2:12am On Jun 11, 2018
Hello everyone . My intention to travel to The USA was for my honeymoon but now my husband had to return back to work ☹so he said i should just go do my shopping alone for 10days as an EU spouse traveling alone now will it affect me ? Because I put we were going to be traveling together on my application now I'm going alone will it affect me at POE? Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by babylawyr(f): 9:32am On Jun 11, 2018
seyewest:

Philly Airport is large but not enough passenger to make it a very busy airport.
I have this question about domestic connection in U.S (for International Flight) will the domestic flight check the weight of your luggage will you be bill for extra luggage?
Hope you enjoy your holiday and you're invited to assist travelers to U.S on this thread.

Hello seyewest,

So for domestic connection in US for international flights they will not check weight nor will they bill you extra when you buy your ticket from one airline. In my instance, i bought LOS - IAH from BA, so if they want to collabo with AA its their business, my own is that i am a BA international customer and all the luggage allowance for international travel applies to me till my final destination.
There was no stress along the way. Everyone understood the rules. To be honest, i was worried about the domestic leg of the trip, as i know US domestic airlines have very limited baggage allowance.

Anyways lets see how the return leg plays out.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Eweren: 9:42am On Jun 11, 2018
[Please reply me oh ☹☹☹quote author=Eweren post=68365858]Hello everyone . My intention to travel to The USA was for my honeymoon but now my husband had to return back to work ☹so he said i should just go do my shopping alone for 10days as an EU spouse traveling alone now will it affect me ? Because I put we were going to be traveling together on my application now I'm going alone will it affect me at POE? Thanks [/quote]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:43am On Jun 11, 2018
babylawyr:

Hello seyewest,

So for domestic connection in US for international flights they will not check weight nor will they bill you extra when you buy your ticket from one airline. In my instance, i bought LOS - IAH from BA, so if they want to collabo with AA its their business, my own is that i am a BA international customer and all the luggage allowance for international travel applies to me till my final destination.
There was no stress along the way. Everyone understood the rules. To be honest, i was worried about the domestic leg of the trip, as i know US domestic airlines have very limited baggage allowance.

Thank you for the info....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by slimturay(f): 9:59am On Jun 11, 2018
Goodmorning,Please how much is the flight ticket from Lagos to Chicago,and which airline sells it cheaper.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:12am On Jun 11, 2018
slimturay:
Goodmorning,Please how much is the flight ticket from Lagos to Chicago,and which airline sells it cheaper.

You will need to check wakanow,travelstart,expedia etc...
This thread is for POE transcripts into the U.S

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Eweren: 11:36am On Jun 11, 2018
seyewest:

You will need to check wakanow,travelstart,expedia etc...
This thread is for POE transcripts into the U.S
but I asked my question nobody answered me
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
Eweren:
but I asked my question nobody answered me
Maybe it was overlooked.... The first question is Do you have a U.S Visa? if yes I see no problem with your issue... if you can defend your marriage and probably have a copy of his EU passport if possible.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
babylawyr:

Hello seyewest,

It will go the same way of the first leg.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Eweren: 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
seyewest:

Maybe it was overlooked.... The first question is Do you have a U.S Visa? if yes I see no problem with your issue... if you can defend your marriage and probably have a copy of his EU passport if possible.

yes I have visa was given last month .I have my marriage certificate but we cant go for our honeymoon again so we are going to Dubai now. I will like to go for my shopping at las-vegas will dey disturb me if I go alone ?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by babylawyr(f): 8:29am On Jun 12, 2018
olumig:
It will go the same way of the first leg.

I wont expect anything less.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ijeomaobi1: 9:32am On Jun 12, 2018
Eweren:
yes I have visa was given last month .I have my marriage certificate but we cant go for our honeymoon again so we are going to Dubai now. I will like to go for my shopping at las-vegas will dey disturb me if I go alone ?

Nope.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:44am On Jun 12, 2018
Eweren:

You won't be disturbed ma..... My reason is that sooner or later you will be an E.U citizen.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Eweren: 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
seyewest:

You won't be disturbed ma..... My reason is that sooner or later you will be an E.U citizen.
thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.