Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (494367 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by BOAJMAN(m): 11:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
@MADAM EWEREN: STOP DISTURBING YOURSELF. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TELL YOUR HUSBAND TO FILE FOR YOU. OR BETTER STILL DO AN EU FAMILY FAMILY MEMBER PERMIT FOR YOU. YOU APPLY FROM LAGOS HERE
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Imustreturn(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
seyewest:

What's her visa type?
brother please ehh.. Is it advisable to buy a long return ticket of 4 or 5.months

Or just buy 2 weeks and enter then reschedule it to the number of period the person is spending in the USA.. Its a new visa!!

Asking cuz of POE wahala.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
Imustreturn:
brother please ehh.. Is it advisable to buy a long return ticket of 4 or 5.months

Or just buy 2 weeks and enter then reschedule it to the number of period the person is spending in the USA.. Its a new visa!!

Asking cuz of POE wahala.

it's not advisable for you to stay that long in U.S... it maybe difficult for you to renew your visa when the time comes... 3 months is a bit okay.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Imustreturn(m): 6:56pm On Jun 14, 2018
seyewest:

it's not advisable for you to stay that long in U.S... it maybe difficult for you to renew your visa when the time comes... 3 months is a bit okay.
thank you so much bra

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2018
seyewest:

3 months doing what na? The one I know sha is that if he shows up at the POE without tangible explanation of what he would be doing in the US for that length of time, he will just be the joker of the century! Especially if what he said at his visa interview is at major variance with this happenstance....

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2018
OmoBendel24:

3 months doing what na? The one I know sha is that if he shows up at the POE without tangible explanation of what he would be doing in the US for that length of time, he will just be the joker of the century! Especially if what he said at his visa interview is at major variance with this happenstance....

Bro you're right.... I should have discouraged the person in the first place.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lanrems: 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2018
Bros, I saw ur post n I had to help u out by signing up on nairaland. I had visa in January but stayed until April on my way to naija via the Chicago airport visa was revoked. Gone are the days when u cheat immigration like u wished. Kindly state 2weeks on your ticket pls, n d moment u stayed a day longer. Remain in d us until ur paper comes or risk never going back.
seyewest:

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2018
lanrems:
Bros, I saw ur post n I had to help u out by signing up on nairaland. I had visa in January but stayed until April on my way to naija via the Chicago airport visa was revoked. Gone are the days when u cheat immigration like u wished. Kindly state 2weeks on your ticket pls, n d moment u stayed a day longer. Remain in d us until ur paper comes or risk never going back.

ORD again! Wetin dem see for that Chicago sef? The game has changed clearly sha.... No longer business as usual. But on what ground did they revoke your visa? It is during renewal that your kind of situation normally have issues before na. How long did you tell them at POE you were going to be in the US for as at the time you arrived?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Skorea: 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
lanrems:
I think you don’t pass through CBA when you are going out just TSA. How come your visa was revoked?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lanrems: 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
Dhs(department of homeland security)guys were mounted after the last screening before boarding the aircraft, wondered how they got there cos I had to get to the airport ahead of schedule not to miss flight n I didn't see them go pass me at boarding area, Until i got to avio bridge to see 4of them question after question. It was a terrible experience.
Skorea:

I think you don’t pass through CBA when you are going out just TSA. How come your visa was revoked?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lanrems: 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
Na the route for my flight bro, considering the fact that they don't check on exit it wasn't a problem going through ohare airport, I know a family that had issue even at msp airport. I must tell u is not business as usual with this administration in the us. A month I stated but due to business proposals I had to stay longer. Got to the US as stated in my interview.

ORD again! Wetin dem see for that Chicago sef? The game has changed clearly sha.... No longer business as usual. But on what ground did they revoke your visa? It is during renewal that your kind of situation normally have issues before na. How long did you tell them at POE you were going to be in the US for as at the time you arrived?[/quote]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Chuchunana: 11:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
***and the plot thickens***

Everything is getting scrutinised like mad! The koko na for all man to stick to what was originally stated in one's interview.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Skorea: 2:19am On Jun 15, 2018
lanrems:
Na the route for my flight bro, considering the fact that they don't check on exit it wasn't a problem going through ohare airport, I know a family that had issue even at msp airport. I must tell u is not business as usual with this administration in the us. A month I stated but due to business proposals I had to stay longer. Got to the US as stated in my interview.

ORD again! Wetin dem see for that Chicago sef? The game has changed clearly sha.... No longer business as usual. But on what ground did they revoke your visa? It is during renewal that your kind of situation normally have issues before na. How long did you tell them at POE you were going to be in the US for as at the time you arrived?
This news get as e be. Even though they can’t revoke your visa for that. You haven’t committed any crime and you didnt over stay. Many circumstance could result spending more than the time you stated at POE that’s why majorities are given 6 months. it can only affect your next visa application.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by oyi2: 7:55am On Jun 15, 2018
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Schwartz: 8:14am On Jun 15, 2018
Skorea:

This news get as e be. Even though they can’t revoke your visa for that. You haven’t committed any crime and you didnt over stay. Many circumstance could result spending more than the time you stated at POE that’s why majorities are given 6 months. it can only affect your next visa application.
keep on analysing the guy has stated his experience believe it or not!

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Skorea: 8:40am On Jun 15, 2018
Schwartz:
keep on analysing the guy has stated his experience believe it or not!
To many rumors lately I find this hard to believe unless there’s more story to this. Goodluck.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lanrems: 9:11am On Jun 15, 2018
Skorea:

Get as e b like am not telling the truth, we always thought violation is when u overstay 6month! Buy the dhs made it know that staying a day more than u said at the embassy is violation of b1b2 n not visa in itself. On that ground your visa can be revoked. It's a violation of b1b2 if u don't believe the story. Anyone can overstay the initial days as stated at the embassy n let's see how lucky they are if they depart via Chicago ohare airport.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lanrems: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2018
Skorea:

To many rumors lately I find this hard to believe unless there’s more story to this. Goodluck.

I can send u a copy of my revoked visa, some of the informations we Nigerian share is outdated.
I had 3guys that left usa few days before me, non of them said they saw dhs officers at avio bridge, if I had prior knowledge do u think I will risk coming back to naija. But a friend comfirmed to me that they were there in Jan, on his way out, when I told him about my experience. Possibly because he didn't overstay the b1b2 they didnt question him before boarding the aircraft.
A Nigerian couple that when for delivery was thoroughly scrutinized n all receipt checked before they could allow them board the plane.
Sometimes u have to believe some of this strange stories, for more insight download quora and see what past vo's advice are on immigration policies, and not the ones we share between ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lanrems: 9:25am On Jun 15, 2018
Chuchunana:
***and the plot thickens***

Everything is getting scrutinised like mad! The koko na for all man to stick to what was originally stated in one's interview.

Yes ooo. My candid advice
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lanrems: 9:33am On Jun 15, 2018
I will appreciate if the administrator of this platform can create another thread for port of exit.
After all the visa application thread was very helpful for my interview at the embassy.
If the admin can add
"PORT OF EXIT EXPERIENCE" they will be doing a lot of good for people who thinks staying beyond 6months is qualified overstaying, instead there's what is called b1b2 violation.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by NothingDoMe: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2018
lanrems:
A Nigerian couple that when for delivery was thoroughly scrutinized n all receipt checked before they could allow them board the plane.
What you said here tallies with this lady's Chicago POE experience

SCBP: ok ma, I will allow u into the USA but please show receipts on ur way out( she had a passport to junior CBP
Junior CBP: collects my passport and arrogantly stamps me in for 10weeks. Saying if I present a receipt less than 20k dollars on my way out, no visa will be resissued
Me: thank u ma.

https://www.nairaland.com/4250945/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/131#68130165

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TsunamiHot: 10:16am On Jun 15, 2018
lanrems:

Yes ooo. My candid advice

Was it your first US visa or a renewal? And was that your first trip on the visa...asking for a reason.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Arextex(m): 10:44am On Jun 15, 2018
lanrems:

Get as e b like am not telling the truth, we always thought violation is when u overstay 6month! Buy the dhs made it know that staying a day more than u said at the embassy is violation of b1b2 n not visa in itself. On that ground your visa can be revoked. It's a violation of b1b2 if u don't believe the story. Anyone can overstay the initial days as stated at the embassy n let's see how lucky they are if they depart via Chicago ohare airport.

Spot on and this has been in existence for a while, just that it is always a random thing. So randomly, any visa holder can be stopped and inspected before being allowed to exit from any of the air, land or seaports of the United States

From USCIS document - Controls of Aliens departing the United States Section 215.2 (c)

(c) Any alien who seeks to depart from the United States may be required, in the discretion of the departure-control officer, to be examined under oath and to submit for official inspection all documents, articles, and other property in his possession which are being removed from the United States upon, or in connection with, the alien's departure.
The departure-control officer may permit certain other persons, including officials of the Department of State and interpreters, to participate in such examination or inspection and may exclude from presence at such examination or inspection any person whose presence would not further the objectives of such examination or inspection.
The departure-control officer shall temporarily prevent the departure of any alien who refuses to submit to such examination or inspection, and may, if necessary to the enforcement of this requirement, take possession of the alien's passport or other travel document.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 10:51am On Jun 15, 2018
lanrems:

Stuff happens, I have my reservations even though I see some possibilities in what you have said so far....

But then, what transpired between you and CBP on your way in counts more at this point on situations as yours and not necessarily what you said at the embassy during visa interview per se, the CBP officer most likely would have drawn a balance before allowing you in. People too have cogent reasons for staying above the time they told VOs and CBP Officers, and may not have issues with these authorities subsequently. Well well, however it is, let's learn to please use our visas appropriately and not find ourselves dumbly up against the authorities....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lanrems: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2018
I was stamped in via Abu Dhabi 6months without hassles, just sticked with the same response I gave at the embassy, strolled into America with only baggage claim.

Yes my take is for guys to do the right thing, I remembered asking the officers what is expected of one to do if one needs to stay longer than say 2weeks as said at the embassy! And the response they all said is send a mail to the embassy, if I had done so that would have been a defense on my part.
They adviced in any situation has a visa holder always speak with the embassy if your situation changes after picking up a visa.
It was revoked after so much plea, argument and threat, citing that I can go home to the embassy for another one, in which one don't stand a 50/50 chance like the 1st one. Now chances of another visa is 0/100
OmoBendel24:

Stuff happens, I have my reservations even though I see some possibilities in what you have said so far....

But then, what transpired between you and CBP on your way in counts more at this point on situations as yours and not necessarily what you said at the embassy during visa interview per se, the CBP officer most likely would have drawn a balance before allowing you in. People too have cogent reasons for staying above the time they told VOs and CBP Officers, and may not have issues with these authorities subsequently. Well well, however it is, let's learn to please use our visas appropriately and not find ourselves dumbly up against the authorities....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lanrems: 11:46am On Jun 15, 2018
TsunamiHot:

Was it your first US visa or a renewal? And was that your first trip on the visa...asking for a reason.

Yes very first but with travel experience before usa though, yes first trip on same visa.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2018
lanrems:
Nawa ooooo.... What happened? how come they revoked your visa at the airport? What's your next step and people need to be very careful... US CBP are not playing anymore.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:53am On Jun 15, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I tire ooooo
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2018
lanrems:
I will appreciate if the administrator of this platform can create another thread for port of exit.
After all the visa application thread was very helpful for my interview at the embassy.
If the admin can add
"PORT OF EXIT EXPERIENCE" they will be doing a lot of good for people who thinks staying beyond 6months is qualified overstaying, instead there's what is called b1b2 violation.

We can add it as part of this thread...... Everyone should let me know if they support this move, please.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TsunamiHot: 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2018
Well, maybe it was randomly done or applies more with people that are using their visas for the very first time. Early this year, my sister travelled to the USA and her ticket was for 2 weeks but for some personal reasons she extended it to 2 months and had no issues at ORD.

Note that it was the third time she was visiting using the visa.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Imustreturn(m): 10:13pm On Jun 15, 2018
TsunamiHot:
Well, maybe it was randomly done or applies more with people that are using their visas for the very first time. Early this year, my sister travelled to the USA and her ticket was for 2 weeks but for some personal reasons she extended it to 2 months and had no issues at ORD.

Note that it was the third time she was visiting using the visa.
please wch airline did she use and how much did she pay for the extension? I will be glad to get this reply.

Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TsunamiHot: 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2018
Imustreturn:
please wch airline did she use and how much did she pay for the extension? I will be glad to get this reply.

Thanks

Emirates, $100 for change for date

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.