Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492127 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kunle75(m): 6:14am On Jul 04, 2018
[quote author=seyewest post=69055766]

Wow... Nice trip report/POE and you're a good

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 7:57am On Jul 04, 2018
Armadaij:
So good to be here to share my POE experience with love from Houston.

Great job to all the MODs (esp. seyewest) and other contributors on this great thread. May nature reward you accordingly

Trip June 30 - July 1: MMIA - DXB - IAH (Trip total: 27.5HRS (4.5HRS layover @ DXB, 16.0HRS TO IAH))
Equipment: Boeing 777-300ER (MMIA - DXB)
Airbus A380-800

This is in the spirit of giving back to this great community.

Nice and detailed... IAH is cool though... make sure you visit space centre, museum of natural science, aquarium and houston zoo... they are places I wld love to go again... Enjoy your vacation!

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2018
kunle75:

Am sorry folks please pardon my English if i make any blunder.

My POE is short but very funny as this is my first travel experience outside the country and US precisely is my destination.
I left lagos aboard KLM to IAH Houston
At arrival we were separated from the citizens and when it was my turn i approached the CBP officer.

Enjoy!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kunle75(m): 8:07am On Jul 04, 2018
ayenikunle:

Enjoy!

Thank you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:53am On Jul 04, 2018
kunle75:

Am sorry folks please pardon my English if i make any blunder.

My POE is short but very funny as this is my first travel experience outside the country and US precisely is my destination.
I left lagos aboard KLM to IAH Houston
At arrival we were separated from the citizens and when it was my turn i approached the CBP officer.

Me :he is late sir.
Officer:ok thanks for your time and we are sorry for the inconveniences we are just here doing our job
Me: no problem sir its ok .
I quickly dashed out before they changed their mind.
Meet with the uber guy already arranged by my friend.
America is beautiful and clean too.
I will post my experience during my visit to Minnesota and Wisconsin state respectively when i have time.
Thanks for time reading my epistle guys

Congrats bro..... but nawa for you ooo, so you no even do small research before you travel... Have fun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2018
seyewest:

Congrats bro..... but nawa for you ooo, so you no even do small research before you travel... Have fun.

Seems "take me back home" was written all over him psychologically et al. We just thank God he made it in.... Dazzol! This could have gone awry.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kunle75(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
seyewest:

My brother you can say that again i did but the time was so short for me to prepare myself well .
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kunle75(m): 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Seems "take me back home" was written all over him psychologically et al. We just thank God he made it in.... Dazzol! This could have gone awry.

You're not far from the truth though.
But i care less at a point because i wasn't really keen on traveling in the first place but when the opportunity presented itself i grabbed it with all the strength in me.
Cos i dont know if i have such again but for now let me enjoy my stay
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by bigbus: 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
kunle75:

He doesn't have any problem as long as he is a green card holder cos he has same privilege as citizen but tell him to not get into any trouble it might be revoked.
Moreso he can file for you to come over am in the state you can contact me in my mail if you have any questions to ask.
But please it should be strictly on this issue and nothing more.
Thanks

How far?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kunle75(m): 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
bigbus:

How far?

About what bro?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Osama10(m): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
Chuchunana:

When you say "I'm travelling next month to bring them to Naija", shebi they already have return tickets...so why can't they come on their own Even minors sometimes travel alone.
Guy, we know the deal...forget!

grin grin grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I swear.... If that was Chicago, it might turn ugly but I'm very happy for him and lots of traveler will learn from his transcript.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by overlord77: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2018
seyewest:

I swear.... If that was Chicago, it might turn ugly but I'm very happy for him and lots of traveler will learn from his transcript.

@Seyewest, what exactly do you have against Chicago POE?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
overlord77:

@Seyewest, what exactly do you have against Chicago POE?

Nothing to be honest just that they're very impatient with Africans... I'm suspecting it's a problem with drug mole etc and the drug problem in Chicago.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by NanaF: 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
OmoBendel24:

From his posts he’s been gone for a while now and he relocated to US to ‘hustle’. I think the non challant attitude actually helped him. Like him laughing about not knowing his specific destination, shows he wasn’t nervous or under pressure. He even mentioned he carried a small bag. These people actually read body language a lot
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:16am On Jul 06, 2018
NanaF:

From his posts he’s been gone for a while now and he relocated to US to ‘hustle’. I think the non challant attitude actually helped him. Like him laughing about not knowing his specific destination, shows he wasn’t nervous or under pressure. He even mentioned he carried a small bag. These people actually read body language a lot

I hope he will prove you wrong... smiley
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by NanaF: 9:37am On Jul 06, 2018
seyewest:

kunle75:

Base on my experience your travel history sometimes may and may not count during interview.
Your genuine presentation of your reason why you are going to the state will play a significant role in issuance of your visa or not.
Psychologically you have to be strong and confident.
That part is one hurdle another one is the POE.
You also need to be smart and alert .
My case is an example.
Back to your question on what to do to gain US visa .

I live is in the state now Minnesota precisely and i have started my status adjustment process,though not an easy thing but surely am getting there.

Get an invite from relations and or admission from any authorized school and apply for visa date, then appeared before the VO and proved your case .

kunle75:

I don't get you please

What do you mean by pulling it up

Do you mean how i manage to relocate?

Prove me wrong how? It's not something he is hiding. He's been in US since last year. From his POE experience, you can see he's one of the lucky "escapees" who escaped their scrutiny and I'm saying he did this because he had the right body language. You remarked about him not being prepared, but it actually helped him during his POE interview.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kunle75(m): 10:01am On Jul 06, 2018
NanaF:

Prove me wrong how? It's not something he is hiding. He's been in US since last year. From his POE experience, you can see he's one of the lucky "escapees" who escaped their scrutiny and I'm saying he did this because he had the right body language. You remarked about him not being prepared, but it actually helped him during his POE interview.

Maybe right body language or not its just God that helped us all.
Ssme God Is still on the throne he will continue to guide and protect us all bro

For your info am not an escapee sir wheat i mean by status adjustment which you quoted above. is to legalize my stay to be able to study before returning to the country cos sometimes you have to be smart and ask questions too.
More so if you choose to follow the part of legality here in the state nothing stops you from achieving your dream.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kunle75(m): 10:09am On Jul 06, 2018
NanaF:

You're very correct to an extent but maybe because sometimes few people like me who really dont take live as a do or die affair can sometimes be fortunate.
But always God has different plans for all of us.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by NanaF: 10:23am On Jul 06, 2018
kunle75:

Maybe right body language or not its just God that helped us all.
Ssme God Is still on the throne he will continue to guide and protect us all bro

For your info am not an escapee sir wheat i mean by status adjustment which you quoted above. is to legalize my stay to be able to study before returning to the country cos sometimes you have to be smart and ask questions too.
More so if you choose to follow the part of legality here in the state nothing stops you from achieving your dream.

Lol. I’m not judging you please. No need for the plenty explanation. I wish you all the best.

It’s just that in light of the fact that you had no plans of returning, your POE interview was very interesting. I know you’d rather thank God and say it’s grace but it’s just to show that they are human, they do no get it right all the time and your body language was key.

5 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kunle75(m): 10:29am On Jul 06, 2018
NanaF:

Lol. I’m not judging you please. No need for the plenty explanation. I wish you all the best.

It’s just that in light of the fact that you had no plans of returning, your POE interview was very interesting. I know you’d rather thank God and say it’s grace but it’s just to show that they are human, they do no get it right all the time and your body language was key.

Yes they say it all the time that they are human but me not recollecting some info during my POE experience was largely born out of the fact that i was ver y tired due to hunger exhaustion not because i dont know where am going or what am going there to do.
I guess my narrative was not 100% coherent in my post too which also do not make it explicit enough.
Am in school but on short hols now and i dont have the financial muscle to go back and forth i could have made it to naija at the moment.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2018
kunle75:

Yes they say it all the time that they are human but me not recollecting some info during my POE experience was largely born out of the fact that i was ver y tired due to hunger exhaustion not because i dont know where am going or what am going there to do.
I guess my narrative was not 100% coherent in my post too which also do not make it explicit enough.
Am in school but on short hols now and i dont have the financial muscle to go back and forth i could have made it to naija at the moment.

But they serve food 1-2 hours before landing.... grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kunle75(m): 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2018
seyewest:

But they serve food 1-2 hours before landing.... grin

Yes but i was afraid to eat or requested for any of it
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kunle75(m): 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
seyewest:

What wrong do you want me to prove to him
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
kunle75:

What wrong do you want me to prove to him

Thought your transcript was new and I also thought you will returned to Nigeria after 7 days.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by winterstorm: 3:36am On Jul 07, 2018
ayenikunle:

I was almost castigating you b4 reading this... but your wife working on a visit VISA is illiegal, I hope she wld want to come back sha cos most Nigerian women won't want to come back.. did you book your return flight together or separately? Like pointed out, why go back to pick them when they can come on their own? Be prepared for serious questioning @ POE if you eventually decide to go pick them.. your visa renewal is 50:50

This may be the reason he is going back....
I hope he doesn't get in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 7:03am On Jul 07, 2018
winterstorm:

This may be the reason he is going back....
I hope he doesn't get in trouble.

Abi na, someone that is already working and being paid in $$... with the sound of innocence in her husband's writeup, I really hope she comes back.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2018
ayenikunle:

Abi na, someone that is already working and being paid in $$... with the sound of innocence in her husband's writeup, I really hope she comes back.

Make una rest for this matter. Whatever it is, one thing is clear, ojoro dey.... E clear for dem, no wahala, dem gbab dem, thanks to God!

@NanaF, I saw what you mentioned me for, true that....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by winterstorm: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
ayenikunle:

Hope and $$$$? chai! Sha..... lipsrsealed
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by winterstorm: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Make una rest for this matter. Whatever it is, one thing is clear, ojoro dey.... E clear for dem, no wahala, dem gbab dem, thanks to God!

@NanaF, I saw what you mentioned me for, true that....

True! Ojoro dey smell, but if we want to call everything
and everyone ojoro.... We may make great mistakes. Just Like the VOs, the innocent will suffer.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by olumig(m): 4:48am On Jul 08, 2018
My POE experience. SFO is truly a friendly airport.

CBP: Gd afternoon
Me: Afternoon
CBP: Why are you visiting
Me: Business
CBP: How long are u staying
Me: 3weeks
CBP: Where are you staying
Me: Xxxxxxx
CBP: Takes my biometrics and stamps me in
CBP: Enjoy your stay
Me: Thanks I plan to

Am in San Diego now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
olumig:
My POE experience. SFO is truly a friendly airport.

CBP: Gd afternoon
Me: Afternoon

CBP: Enjoy your stay
Me: Thanks I plan to

Am in San Diego now

Great.... Which Airline did you travel on?
Enjoy your stay

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.