Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,363 members, 7,850,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:35 PM

Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. (5864 Views)

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Residents Chase David Mark's Contractor Handling Road Projects Away / Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Fhemmmy: 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
selingel:

When did Aero turn into a Molue, that they start hawking food, but they way? Is Aero now Aero now Molue? I will not be surprised if they start preaching inside the aircraft!.

I am sure they have always been Molue . . . . u mean u never see the conductors screaming from the cockpit?
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by selingel: 9:44pm On Dec 16, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Aero molue ke?,they better paint their plane in lagos colour before fashola sanction them.

Aero with molue colour ke? E wole Oshodi!.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by selingel: 9:50pm On Dec 16, 2009
I wonder how Lagos State commercial colours will look on it?

Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Fhemmmy: 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2009
They already started the painting, they only need to finish it, see the orange on the tail now
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by selingel: 9:58pm On Dec 16, 2009
Lets take it serious bros, how can a local airline be selling puff-puff, that even my grandmother can be supply at very cheap price?. I know I have a choice of joining another carrier, but it is not funny oh!.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Fhemmmy: 10:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
selingel:

Lets take it serious bros, how can a local airline be selling puff-puff, that even my grandmother can be supply at very cheap price?. I know I have a choice of joining another carrier, but it is not funny oh!.

I think it is very funny, and i wonder what our transportation ministry doing about this?
Soon, they will sell fake crack on the flight and all the clients will be high
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by selingel: 10:03pm On Dec 16, 2009
I hope one will not use his money to buy any of those prisoners' foods and have cause to complain? I dont just like that airline, though it has good safety record.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by selingel: 10:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
Please tell me, is this airline not better than virgin? grin grin grin

Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Fhemmmy: 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2009
selingel:

Please tell me, is this airline not better than virgin? grin grin grin

Time and chance happens to them all, bros
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 16, 2009
Why didnt they complete the painting abi that one na economic meltdown too!
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Fhemmmy: 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Why didnt they complete the painting abi that one na economic meltdown too!

They will do that from the money made from selling popcorn and kola . . . . so young shall grow.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2009
I think it's just better if aero molue can just open a supermarket on their flight,have a conductor,allow standing and lapping of passengers.How will they sell kola and cigar o,ok aboki self go dey with al-majiris begging for money!
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Fhemmmy: 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
People will even be wiling to eat eba and ogbono at the join inside the aircraft.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by blacksta(m): 12:13am On Dec 17, 2009
I am quite shocked by the level ignorance displayed here on this thread. Selling food or gift items on a short haul flight is not a new thing. All short haul flights in the western world have been doing this for last 7 to 10 years ever since the introduction low cost airlines. Selling food on short haul flight is seen as another way increasing revenue on the already cheap flight. You are under no obligation to purchase food items
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by selingel: 12:37am On Dec 17, 2009
blacksta:

I am quite shocked by the level ignorance displayed here on this thread. Selling food or gift items on a short haul flight is not a new thing. All short haul flights in the western world have been doing this for last 7 to 10 years ever since the introduction low cost airlines. Selling food on short haul flight is seen as another way increasing revenue on the already cheap flight. You are under no obligation to purchase food items

My guy, this is Nigeria. It may work out there, but here is Nigeria. Please be reminded of that.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by slimes(m): 1:06am On Dec 17, 2009
Vision in the wrong direction
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Fhemmmy: 1:43am On Dec 17, 2009
selingel:

My guy, this is Nigeria. It may work out there, but here is Nigeria. Please be reminded of that.

we have no trust or blv in Nija at all, haba.
I am sure that if people can afford to pay 25K for a flight, they will be able to afford to let go of change of 50 Naira.
Jokes aside, i am sure it will be aiight
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 17, 2009
A_K_O:

the food looks good but why not sell puffpuff in addition to croissant?

not fancy enough? cheesy

anyway, some airlines started charging for food a while back overseas.

that's the least of nigerian airlines' problems, imo.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Fhemmmy: 2:46am On Dec 17, 2009
Muffin for 300 Naira each, i better start exporting Muffin to Nija oh
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by citizenY(m): 9:18am On Dec 17, 2009
Abeg helep me find out whether dem get Amala and gbegiri, na hot food i dey chop, not all this mede mede.

And den, e be like say dem no need ticketing desk now.If na molue. we go enter from airways bus stop.

all this toll gate na waste of time.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by phuckNL: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2009
It is sad that a lot of you are missing the real point here. Haba. What they have done is simply a cost cutting measure. Whether you like it or not, the free snacks and drinks you receive on board costs the company a lot of money. You may think it is not much but multiply the cost of snacks for an average flight of 50 -100 people per flight x2 daily and then multiply for the whole year and you will know it is money they can do away with.

They are not trying to make profit from snack selling. I see it as customer service sef. They know customers have been accustomed to free snacks so they have inculded it for sale if you feel you must eat on a 45 minute flight!.
They are not forcing you to buy it. Short haul flights dont include snacks in most countries all over the world so i guess Nigerians have been pampered over time. They probably had to do it earlier in order to reel customers in since air travel has always been lowly favoured by we nigerians. Now, air travel is the way to go unless you want to contend with armed robbers, rivers on roads, kidnappings and trigger happy police officers on our death trap roads.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 17, 2009
What is it to be sad about here?,E ma gbami. Can't you see what we are talking about here "Aero contractor sells puff-puff on air" due to financial meltdown.Very psycho and hysteric.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Caringpro(f): 11:06am On Dec 17, 2009
@ It is a fact that Aero sales snacks now on board but lets give them kudos for making flight tickets come down to so many peoples level!. It is not world-class though to 'sale snacks' on board but i wasn't so worried last week when i experienced it live. This is Nija and we are uniquely NIGERIA.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by phuckNL: 11:11am On Dec 17, 2009
Caringpro:

@ It is a fact that Aero sales snacks now on their flight but lets give them kudos for masking flight tickets come down to so many peoples level!. It is not world-class though to 'sale snacks' on board but i wasnt so worried last week when i experienced it live.

Na wa oo. What is not world class about it. These flights we are talking about are short haul flights.
Even world class airlines don't serve snacks on 45 minute flights.
I have confirmed reliably that they do no serve snacks on several short flights in the U.S.A so you all have no point.
You want to pay 6000 naira for a flight and still eat free puff puff. Na barawo bi that.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by citizenY(m): 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2009
@Mr. PhuckNL

There are no two ways about it. The moment you collect my money, there is nothing free about
anything you give me in that airplane. Lets face FACTS.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by selingel: 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2009
citizenY:

@Mr. PhuckNL

There are no two ways about it. The moment you collect my money, there is nothing free about
anything you give me in that airplane. Lets face FACTS.

Say it to them. What works out there, may never work here. Now they are announcing N6,000 fare to any destination from January. Lets wait and see.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by selingel: 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2009
I hope the promo is real.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by diggler(m): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2009
Honestly like some posters said earlier, i dont see what the biggie is.

Aero for me still remains the best run airline in the land.
Besides when the snacks were free (on economy that is) i've had reason to turn them down.

Sometimes these flights last for barely 30 mins.

On one occasion the Cabin Crew were like a quarter of the way into serving the dry cookies when the pilot begin mis yan all those pre-landing yans.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by selingel: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2009
diggler:

Honestly like some posters said earlier, i dont see what the biggie is.

Aero for me still remains the best run airline in the land.
Besides when the snacks were free (on economy that is) i've had reason to turn them down.

Sometimes these flights last for barely 30 mins.

On one occasion the Cabin Crew were like a quarter of the way into serving the dry cookies when the pilot begin mis yan all those pre-landing yans.

Yes, you may be right to an extent, but that does not make Aero the best airline in Nigeria currently.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by snowdrops(m): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2009
Airlines only trying to beat the meltdown.
Some here in europe are considering charging people to use the loo.
So if piss/shit catch you for air and you no get money, well
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by selingel: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2009
snowdrops:

Airlines only trying to beat the meltdown.
Some here in europe are considering charging people to use the loo.
So if piss/poo catch you for air and you no get money, well

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 18, 2009
@phucknL
If the airlines in the US don't sell puff-puff on their flight,why is aero molue selling on theirs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Terorist Arrested in Saudi Arabia? / Patience Seeks End To Teenage Pregnancies In Africa / Already Made Business Plan For The Production Of Polythene Shopping Bags (nylon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.