Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,444 members, 7,850,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. (5866 Views)

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Residents Chase David Mark's Contractor Handling Road Projects Away / Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Oboma1(m): 3:17am On Dec 18, 2009
snowdrops:

Airlines only trying to beat the meltdown.
Some here in europe are considering charging people to use the loo.
So if piss/poo catch you for air and you no get money, well

Very soon on Nigerian Airlines too, it will be, pay per piss? grin grin grin
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by maddock(m): 5:33am On Dec 18, 2009
Aero no get shame at all, a co-worker told me about it i thought he was suffering from jet lag. Even inspite of how passengers scramble for their tickets, if dem say na economic crunch cause am, then what will airlines like chachagi or irs do? collect offerings on board to stay afloat abi.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Cappadona123: 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2009
Aero is useless!Try arik or chechenghi
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2009
Which one be chechenghi.Lmfao
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by santanovva(m): 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2009
Those air-hawkers are not bad looking at all, i almost forgot to collect my changi!
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Fhemmmy: 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2009
Cappadona123:

u cld be enjoying the jail for such statement, cos u just attacked them without stating the reason.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Oboma1(m): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2009
Cappadona123:

grin grin grin
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Oboma1(m): 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2009
santanovva:

Those air-hawkers are not bad looking at all, i almost forgot to collect my changi!

grin grin grin
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Oboma1(m): 4:59pm On Dec 18, 2009
maddock:

Aero no get shame at all, a co-worker told me about it i thought he was suffering from jet lag. Even inspite of how passengers scramble for their tickets, if dem say na economic crunch cause am, then what will airlines like chachagi or irs do? collect offerings on board to stay afloat abi.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Oboma1(m): 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Which one be chechenghi.Lmfao

I guess he meant Chanchangi Airline. Meanwhile, I hope those ladies will only hawk Puff-puff and nothing more. Things do happen from statements like "keep the change". Business cards will start flying from there.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Enjoyment1(f): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2009
Where we like it or not, Aero in Nigerian aviation circle, have changed how we see aviation In Nigeria. The advent of Arik Air, and Virgin Nigeria is just ordinary. confirmation.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Enjoyment1(f): 7:29pm On Dec 18, 2009
Where we like it or not, Aero in Nigerian aviation circle, have changed how we see aviation In Nigeria. The advent of Arik Air, and Virgin Nigeria is just ordinary. confirmation.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by phuckNL: 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2009
~Bluetooth:

@phucknL
If the airlines in the US don't sell puff-puff on their flight,why is aero molue selling on theirs?

Olodo!!!!
Do americans know what puff-puff is? Why can't they sell it? Isn't it a nigerian snack?
The way i see it, selling snacks is an added option. They could have cancelled snacks on flights totally. Rather they have made it optional for you to buy if you feel the need to eat on a 45minute flight.

I don't understand why you people keep comparing other airlines to aero sef. How many of the other airlines that still serve snacks did the 5000 naira promo that aero did a couple months back.
How many of them are currently doing the 6000 naira promo that aero is doing now. You lot are just greedy. Period
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2009
PhucknL
OK I be olodo,accepted.Tell if you've ever heard news of american airlines or virgin atlantic selling hotdogs and hamburger on their flight.The best thing for aero molue to do was to have stopped serving puff-puff on their flight instead of engaging in such rubbish.They are not the only airline hit by the crunch.I sometimes board ABC transport from abuja to lagos and they serve all passengers malt and snacks free.If a motor transport company can sustain that during recession,how come an airline cannot afford such gesture despite the high patronage the get
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by THEAMAKA1: 3:09am On Dec 20, 2009
they were a pretty good airline when i flew with them, but i dont know how this will turn out to be.
let's just wait and see.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by platinumnk(f): 3:12am On Dec 20, 2009
i dont eat the shet on 9ja flights

not on it long enough to get hungry

now when u talking about a 14 hr flight back home, then you will see wahala if u dare charge me for food angry angry angry angry
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 20, 2009
nothing wrong with selling puffpuff on a flight. Unless there's evidence showing it unsafe for eating at high altitudes.

Puffpuff no be food?

You folks in Nigeria dont know how much people miss these things when they're nowhere to be found.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by phuckNL: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2009
~Bluetooth:

PhucknL
OK I be olodo,accepted.Tell if you've ever heard news of american airlines or virgin atlantic selling hotdogs and hamburger on their flight.The best thing for aero molue to do was to have stopped serving puff-puff on their flight instead of engaging in such rubbish.They are not the only airline hit by the crunch.I sometimes board ABC transport from abuja to lagos and they serve all passengers malt and snacks free.If a motor transport company can sustain that during recession,how come an airline cannot afford such gesture despite the high patronage the get

Prior to this last post, i thought you were just kidding. Did you really post the highlighted part? You want to compare the cost of maintaining an airline company with that of a road transport company. I weep in Ninja Assassin angry
I have not heard of american airlines but that doesn't mean they do it. For one, i know some of them sell bottled water and headphones on flights.
Heck, american airlines now charge passengers for checked luggage. Can you beat that.
You have no point whatsover. Did aero shove the puff-puff down your throat. It is simply a courtesy service. If you want to eat a snack, buy one. If you don't want to, no one will disturb you. Let's stop being ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with what they have done. You are always quick to look at negatives. Not one of you is commending them for introducing 5,000 naira and 6,000 naira online flights ooh
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Oboma1(m): 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2009
phuck_NL:

Prior to this last post, i thought you were just kidding. Did you really post the highlighted part? You want to compare the cost of maintaining an airline company with that of a road transport company. I weep in Ninja Assassin angry
I have not heard of american airlines but that doesn't mean they do it. For one, i know some of them sell bottled water and headphones on flights.
Heck, american airlines now charge passengers for checked luggage. Can you beat that.
You have no point whatsover. Did aero shove the puff-puff down your throat. It is simply a courtesy service. If you want to eat a snack, buy one. If you don't want to, no one will disturb you. Let's stop being ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with what they have done. You are always quick to look at negatives. Not one of you is commending them for introducing 5,000 naira and 6,000 naira online flights ooh

Bros, take it easy. Your blood dey boil seriously. Meanwhile, what I see in all these is that, Aero is really trying, but they should not allow one or two bad policy(ies) to rubbish their record. I frown at paying N25,000 across the counter, while buying the same ticket N6,000 online. I know it is a thing of choice, but people are capitalising on it to make money, at the expense of Aero. How many Nigerians are computer literate, talkless of having access to internet?. So many issues are being generated from this offer, yet it is a thing of choice.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by spoilt(f): 2:07pm On Dec 20, 2009
Those snacks are not mouth watering. more like dry and flakey.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Oboma1(m): 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2009
I cannot even remember the day I ate snacks in any of our carriers. Those puff-puff are supposed to be given to prisoners. They are very bad.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by platinumnk(f): 7:43pm On Dec 20, 2009
Oboma1:

I cannot even remember the day I ate snacks in any of our carriers. Those puff-puff are supposed to be given to prisoners. They are very bad.

grin grin grin grin grin Who even eats on 9ja flights anyway
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by loma(m): 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2009
Most short-haul flights in the US have snacks for sale, so there is nothing new in this. Why do you even want free food on a 1-hour flight?

Last time I checked, they were not forcing anyone to buy the snacks. My only issue is that the snacks are so foriegn. Don't we have local snacks?
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by phuckNL: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2009
loma:

Most short-haul flights in the US have snacks for sale, so there is nothing new in this. Why do you even want free food on a 1-hour flight?

Last time I checked, they were not forcing anyone to buy the snacks. My only issue is that the snacks are so foriegn. Don't we have local snacks?

Thank you for clearing the air on the snacks sell.
@Bluetooth - ^^^^Hope you have your answer.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Otobroto(f): 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2009
phuck_NL:

Thank you for clearing the air on the snacks sell.
@Bluetooth - ^^^^Hope you have your answer.

Yes, even when snacks are served in our local flights, people do not tend to enjoy it, and it is even worse for anybody to compare foreign one hour's flight to that of Nigeria. Soon, people will compare Obama with YarÁdua.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2009
why u dey beef them - fly aero at 6k! as a BIIIIIIGG BOYY!!

that new ad cracks me up cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Enjoyment1(f): 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2009
oyb:

why u dey beef them - fly aero at 6k! as a BIIIIIIGG BOYY!!

that new ad cracks me up cheesy cheesy cheesy

Come to think of it, does their puff-puff stopping cut any cost for them? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by phuckNL: 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2010
I was on a 3hr flight in the US about 3 days ago and they sold PRINGLES and other snacks. They only gave us one offer of beverages/juice throughout the flight. Every other thing was on SALE.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Enjoyment1(f): 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2010
phuck_NL:

I was on a 3hr flight in the US about 3 days ago and they sold PRINGLES and other snacks. They only gave us one offer of beverages/juice throughout the flight. Every other thing was on SALE.

Na wah oh!.
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 09, 2010
Dear all

Aero is the Cheapest Flight in Nigeria, they allow common People like me and you to Fly On Aeroplane

Arik, Virgin Nigeria Local Flight Cost is ranges from #15,000 to #20,000 the Cheapest price on Arik is #15,000

[size=8pt]While Aero Carry Flight is Just #6,000 [/size]only with Nigeria and this have allow a Common People to Board flight so i think we needs to commend them for that and i have Boarded their Flight severals times its very Good and ok.

So Please make your findings very well

Thank you

Barnabas
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 09, 2010
Dear all

Aero is the Cheapest Flight in Nigeria, they allow common People like me and you to Fly On Aeroplane

Arik, Virgin Nigeria Local Flight Cost is ranges from #15,000 to #20,000 the Cheapest price on Arik is #15,000

While Aero Carry Flight is Just #6,000 only with Nigeria and this have allow a Common People to Board flight so i think we needs to commend them for that and i have Boarded their Flight severals times its very Good and ok.

So Please make your findings very well

Thank you

Barnabas
Re: Aero Contractor Airlines Now Sell Snacks On Board Flight, Due Economic Meltdown. by superboi(m): 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2010
Guyz, aero sometime lastyear annouced they are changing their model to lowcost carrier type just like ryanair in europe or southwest in the US.these type of airline are the most profitable in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday. / APC Finally Broken As Tinubu Loyalists Set To Dump Party, Form Action Group / What Is Nigeria Doing About The Tse-tse Flies Called Fulani Herdsmen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.