Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power (7049 Views)

Lai Mohammed Enjoys Push-Up Exercise With Army Officers (Photos) / War On Terror: Military Now Enjoys Support From Civilian Communities - Olukolade / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by dominique(f): 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ranks007:

Did you read the news the poster posted, I am an Akwa Abasi Ibom citizen and I am home based. what part of the state do you stay? You are so narrow minded and blind to facts. Or do you think I browse on my PC with gen supply?

I reside in town and I am sure of more than 14hrs of daily supply of power, if it interrupts I'm sure of restoration in the next 3 hrs at least.

Give me a break,

give yourself a break. going by the headlines, we are supposed to believe that there is uninterrupted power in the whole of Akwa Ibom. the article says there is UPS in Ikot Abasi LG, Eket and their environs and you yourself diddnt refute that. if you were in the areas that are not enjoying the UPS wont you also cry foul? so why are you attacking someone for doing just that?
had the headline been; SELECTED TOWNS IN AKWA IBOM ENJOYS UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY. then its a different story entirely.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by microgiant: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
dominique:

give yourself a break. going by the headlines, we are supposed to believe that there is uninterrupted power in the whole of Akwa Ibom. the article says there is UPS in Ikot Abasi LG, Eket and their environs and you yourself diddnt refute that. if you were in the areas that are not enjoying the UPS wont you also cry foul? so why are you attacking someone for doing just that?
had the headline been; SELECTED TOWNS IN AKWA IBOM ENJOYS UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY. then its a different story entirely.

Exactly what i wanted to post, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Useless government journalist writing nonsense.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by MUNEER2(m): 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
microgiant:

Exactly what i wanted to post, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  Useless government journalist writing nonsense.

dominique:

Dear nairalanders, this is not true ooooooooooooo. I am presently @ Akwa Ibom serving and their power suply is epileptic. There have been no light for about too weeks now. The Ibom power poject was been test run about 2days ago and it only covered a region of the state which is eket. Akwa Ibom power supply is an apology to the coreeeeee

Can't you get what he said, Ok, my question was which part of the state are you based? Mhen I am enjoying power supply from the part of the state that isn't connected to UPS, In Akwa Ibom state nobody complains of power supply the way that God forbidden man did, talkless of using the word epileptic, then apology to the core, haba!!! let him speak for himself, shey the person wey wear shoe sabi where e dey pinch am?

I agree with its environs having the best of it, but if ya think the journalist is at fault because of the heading then I guess you should be replaced for the work ITK, is that the first time or will it be the last, even in foreign tabloids, it is worthless to argue about, I tot you shouldn't be ignorant of the professional antics of newspaper journalists  cool
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by CarlosVent(m): 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2009
in the next couple of years I will be relocating to that state.

its cool and very cool
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
^^^^lol,
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by rukyus: 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2009
@Ranks007, i live along Atiku Abubakar way, very close to the secretariat. As u can c, i live in the town also. pls dont be sentimental and lets be realistic to ourselves. Don't try to defend your state just to promote its image. I repeat, Akwa Ibom electricity is an apology
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by rukyus: 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
Anyway, i am not surprised, the journalist is also an Akwa Ibomite, so he has to write something to promote the image of his state, sometimes, i can't imagine when we will get to know the truth for once
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by otokx(m): 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
This is a big lie to divert attention from the billions the governor has been stealing.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2009
rukyus:

@Ranks007, i live along Atiku Abubakar way, very close to the secretariat. As u can c, i live in the town also. pls dont be sentimental and lets be realistic to ourselves. Don't try to defend your state just to promote its image. I repeat, Akwa Ibom electricity is an apology

That's suburb of uyo abi, me i get light ooo. I reside at Ewet housing which is part of Uyo u dey, if your side na apology, Ewet down to oron road, , aka rd, Ikt road, nwaniba axis is not bad,  remember you get PHCN line from itu, which is from abia state, so wtf is wrong if the line isn't flowing with voltage,
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by microgiant: 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2009
otokx:

This is a big lie to divert attention from the billions the governor has been stealing.

is he not the same that's linked to the banker caught at Airport trying to launder some $3+ Million Dollars? angry
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by kokoetemma(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2009
Na lieoooooooo,i reside in Eket and since monday,we've not gotten light,so how wonder where the uninterrupted power supply is happening in Akwa Ibom definitely not in Eket where power supply is so epileptic
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by detopshot(m): 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2009
>>Ranks007 at 12.23pm: lol, there's no problem wif someone tellin the truth. if only it'll mak things right. pls which part of AK do you stay?
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by bencobenz(m): 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
kokoetemma:

Na lieoooooooo,i reside in Eket and since monday,we've not gotten light,so how wonder where the uninterrupted power supply is happening in Akwa Ibom definitely not in Eket where power supply is so epileptic
I also reside in Eket, i was surprised to see eket mentioned in the article, for 2days now i have been using gen to power my
electrical gadgets.
Dont mind all this political propaganda. I wonder when our journalists would learn investigative journalism?
otokx:

Gbam!
Ranks007:

Did you read the news the poster posted, I am an Akwa Abasi Ibom citizen and I am home based. what part of the state do you stay? You are so narrow minded and blind to facts. Or do you think I browse on my PC with gen supply?

I reside in town and I am sure of more than 14hrs of daily supply of power, if it interrupts I'm sure of restoration in the next 3 hrs at least.

Give me a break,

Im sure you one of the people Godswill give peanuts to sing his praises. Shior!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by afrikaam(m): 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2009
Alas. Progress. They deregulated the spectrum to enable the spread of mobile technology. I guess the result is evident. Governments (esp stupid ones) are not very good at most things. Perhaps they need external investment and a viable local energy market to stimulate the local (and national) energy requirements. Direction is definitely not coming from up high! But. alas. progress

Interesting to hear thoughts from people on the ground.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Cleanman(m): 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
if u live in dada estate osogbo osun state put ur hands up!, we live on uninterupted power supply. if by any case their is power outtage it is being restored within 10 mins at least.hw we did it?me sef no know, pls no spread d word make una no pour sand 4 we garri.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by snazzydawn(f): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
well, power supply has been very good as at when I was there last week, had no idea it was the IPP.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2009
Great news, how come every other state with the FCT cant just beg that state to help them achieve same and forget about the useless FG?
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by mekusxxx: 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2009
Where is Babapupa who was arguing that this was a waste of money? This guy has beaten Fasola hands down. Electricity is the single most important index for industrial development. Is Fasola still the presumed best gov of the year? Hell no.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by brooknam99: 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2009
@detopshot well like I said I knw nada about how electricity works so u might be right.but wut were u thinkn askn me to leave the comforts of my home n go all the way to africa to check on electricity in a place wit such a funny soundn name?are u on crack?u think I care that much
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Fhemmmy: 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2009
mekusxxx:

Where is Babapupa who was arguing that this was a waste of money? This guy has beaten Fasola hands down. Electricity is the single most imporant index for industrial development. Is Fasola still the presumed best gov of the year? Hell no.

Power supply is a great step towards development, however, not the only necessary tool.
But a great step.
Kudos to the gov.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by chiogo(f): 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2009
kokoetemma:

LMFAO!!!!  grin grin

I would say "power to the people!!", but I know they're lying. Uninterrupted electricity for naija?  grin tongue
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Fhemmmy: 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2009
chiogo:

LMFAO!!!! grin grin

I would say power to the people, but I know they're lying. Uninterrupted electricity for naija? grin tongue

You are kidding me . . . . .
I was nearly fallen for the gov oh . . . . na God go punish them
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by SmashingM(f): 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ranks007:

Give me a break,

And which part of town do you stay to boast of 14hrs of power supply when we cannot boast of PHCN light for the past one week? You sure need the break you are asking for because we can tell who the narrow minded person is or whose hand has been "rebranded" tongue by the so called power givers.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2009
@Ranks007

The will be a time the yoke shall be broken from off her neck and they shall be free,  I think some persons were enlighten to continue the oppression their fore father never stopped, the arc of the moral universe is long and it bend towards justice,, MLK,

I believe in equal rights, standard of life, justice and healthy living for the citizenry. I do not believe in majority or minority, black or white or asian american, indian american, or pueto rican. I believe in a common race for a common course of unity. Obama

what has been done right in Nigeria before?, the minority feeds the nation and it is oppressed on top of that, yet a fool finds it not compelling to ask the majority(task masters) of our right!!!!

Agressive minority should not force their views and tastes on everyone ! Just leave us to our taste if we'll come back asking for more. Ok we should remain quiet for the oppression to continue fools,

God punish the devil!!!!

Huh?? I am confuzzled. What has the above to do with anything I have posted so far?? What are you trying to say here?
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Ndipe(m): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2009
Lies, Lies, Lies.

Akwa Ibom man also in the house.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by slimes(m): 2:09am On Dec 17, 2009
I wonder wat guys do with their brain than to come here and imply that 11MW of electricity is not enough for even a small city. 11MW is 1 million watts for crying out loud and it's being generated continuously. If the 3000MW or so we have in Nigeria is well distributed i can say that the power problem would not be so bad as this.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Fhemmmy: 2:48am On Dec 17, 2009
slimes:

I wonder wat guys do with their brain than to come here and imply that 11MW of electricity is not enough for even a small city. 11MW is 1 million watts for crying out loud and it's being generated continuously. If the 3000MW or so we have in Nigeria is well distributed i can say that the power problem would not be so bad as this.

My guy the problem with power generation in Nigeria is more of a political issue than anything else.
In this year of technology, we dont have to invent a new way ot generating power, we only have to invest into it and make sure we maintain it well.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by trekkie: 3:46am On Dec 17, 2009
this report is all lies. it is true that the ikot abasi town enjoys power but DEFINITELY not powered by ibom power.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by detopshot(m): 4:56am On Dec 17, 2009
>>brooknam: funny soundin name you said? i'm not askin you 2come down. i never knew u're in space. well, i'm african and i'm very proud of that! good day.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Fhemmmy: 5:00am On Dec 17, 2009
trekkie:

this report is all lies. it is true that the ikot abasi town enjoys power but DEFINITELY not powered by ibom power.

So it is powered by where and who?
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by whatalife: 6:32am On Dec 17, 2009
@Kobojunkie,
Remember what i said ealier in this post "that is very true my brother.All power generated goes to the National grid, But i think all this stuff are real high wire politics which to me goes beyond being discuss on the pages of newspapers.Nigeria as a country am very sure has no real statiscal data on what it generates in terms of power, all we see is light from nepa.
I remember reading in the daily some few weeks ago that nnpc has no record of all the crude oil it has sold in the last 13 years, just remit what they feel like to the govt."

This has been re echoe again by Fhemmmy
when he said this: My guy the problem with power generation in Nigeria is more of a political issue than anything else.
In this year of technology, we dont have to invent a new way ot generating power, we only have to invest into it and make sure we maintain it well.

From those who reside in that state you can see conflicting views about steady electricity in that area.
Nigerian journalist are not helping matter, they report lies most of the time.
It just a shame .How can we develop with these type of people in our country.I remember an incident in my state where the state governor gives out brand new laptops to journalist who covers all thier lies and those that where label bad guys journalist where excempted from the sharing.They dont even see eye i mean some of these journalist.Governance in nigeria is synmous with deception and they are real corrupt to thier soul.
In my state the Nigeria union of journalist (NUJ) has a bar where the state govt provides the beers and suya these journalist consume everyday free of charge .How will such journalist not be corrupt and report conflicting views about event in the country.
God help this country call Nigeria

South African Woman Excretes 57 Wraps Of Methamphetamine / 56 Punch-list Of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) Achievements In 3 Years / No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65