Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power (7048 Views)

Lai Mohammed Enjoys Push-Up Exercise With Army Officers (Photos) / War On Terror: Military Now Enjoys Support From Civilian Communities - Olukolade / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by babapupa: 6:44am On Dec 17, 2009
whatalife:

In my state the Nigeria union of journalist (NUJ) has a bar where the state govt provides the beers and suya these journalist consume everyday free of charge .How will such journalist not be corrupt and report conflicting views about event in the country.
God help this country call Nigeria

lmao. they need to bulldoze that country and start from scratch,
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by fashrola(m): 6:46am On Dec 17, 2009
I read the news yesterday on a national tabloid, but i tell you i'm living at F line at Ewet Housing Estate, Uyo close to Governor Akpabio's Castle, and i'm a living testimony to UPS, I can't even remember when i don't have light for 4 hours, but Oron rd, Aka road, Barracks road, ekpenyong str, do have slow and steady light, but i bet you guys before 1 January the IPP will be up and running
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by slimes(m): 8:11am On Dec 17, 2009
All the same, if the govt wishes well for the power sector, wat is the reason behind seprate budget for generator servicing in Aso rock.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by detopshot(m): 8:41am On Dec 17, 2009
>>Fhemmmy: that's my town and the UPS is supplied by (ALUMINIUM SMELTER COMPANY OF NIGERIA ) ALSCON in Ikot Abasi since 2007!
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by agitator: 8:48am On Dec 17, 2009
fashrola:

I read the news yesterday on a national tabloid, but i tell you[b] i'm living at F line at Ewet Housing Estate, Uyo close to Governor Akpabio's Castle,[/b] and i'm a living testimony to UPS, I can't even remember when i don't have light for 4 hours, but Oron rd, Aka road, Barracks road, ekpenyong str, do have slow and steady light, but i bet you guys before 1 January the IPP will be up and running

Ask people who used to live close to University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (in Town, before it was moved to Choba), Old GRA Close to the Government house if they witnessed 6hrs without power.

some areas are given priority, it is only when there is a problem on the major supply line you don't see power in such areas .  You are lucky to live in such areas so you can continue testifying.  In fact you should to go to church and do thanksgiving.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Amenyin: 9:06am On Dec 17, 2009
I have never seen a bunch of lies as the one that is flying in akwa ibom.Which 24 hrs light!!!!!!!its all lies.There is no light , its all government lies.No light.Its only at Ikot Abasi,even at that its not 24 hrs.Once the gas is finish,the light wil go off.The people are just lavishing the billions they collect every month.

Only God will save from this tyrant govermenment of Godswill akpabio.Always those residing here to give you the true side of the story.The journalist that made that story is a government crony
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by SmashingM(f): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2009
fashrola:

I read the news yesterday on a national tabloid, but i tell you i'm living at F line at Ewet Housing Estate, Uyo close to Governor Akpabio's Castle, and i'm a living testimony to UPS, I can't even remember when i don't have light for 4 hours, but Oron rd, Aka road, Barracks road, ekpenyong str, do have slow and steady light, but i bet you guys before 1 January the IPP will be up and running

And i am working at F line where the Governor's castle is but we use generator half of the day because of interrupted power supply. If you say you are a living testimony to UPS, why is it that in the night only the street lights closer to the Governor's entrance is on and the others are not on? Or is it that the other street lights develops technical problems every night?
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by fashrola(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2009
@ SmashingM, please which place are u working at F line? because there are only Hotels and a computer Institute IMFI that is situated in F lines or are u are maid? Even close to Akpabio's Castle there are no shops, business centers.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by SmashingM(f): 10:12am On Dec 17, 2009
fashrola:

@ SmashingM, please which place are u working at F line? because there are only Hotels and a computer Institute IMFI that is situated in F lines or are u are maid? Even close to Akpabio's Castle there are no shops, business centers.

Then you are not living close to Akpabio.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by fashrola(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2009
Then tell me where you are working?
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by SmashingM(f): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2009
fashrola:

Then tell me where you are working?

I thought you said there are no offices and even shops along F line? And don't you think the right question for you to ask should be "which house are you cleaning" since your pig' ish mind tells you that i am working as a maid.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by snazzydawn(f): 11:41am On Dec 17, 2009
hmmm, this one you people are arguing who lives closer to the governor, I no know o, all I know is that the power supply has improved in my area, that is Ewet street, but is still bad at Osong Ama estate where my aunt lives, Nwaniba road, some parts of Oron road, Ikot ekpene road and other parts of town. I think it is selected areas that have the good light supply.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by detopshot(m): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2009
>>smashingM: u're 4ny, God!! my face hurts, lol,
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by SmashingM(f): 11:58am On Dec 17, 2009
He gave his opinion based on what he has seen and i gave mine, based on what i have been seeing and he thought me to be a maid simply because he claims to live closer to the Governor and yet he couldn't proof that that is where he lives.

Maybe the uninterrupted power is always in the night when work might have been closed for the day.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Ephraimi(m): 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2009
Kudos to Gov Akpabio! He promised to complete all projects started by the former Gov & he is doing same. The Int'l Airport has started commercial lifting of passengers & now the IPP. We shd all learn to appreciate good things.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by trekkie: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ fhemmy yeah like topshot said power is generated by alscon for the smelter but was extended to the town in 2007 via phcn grid.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by SapeleGuy: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2009
The stock of Akwa Ibom & Akpabio are rising.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by cashii25: 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2009
++MW example hence 300mw reference, posted so people have an idea of our 11 MW coverage++

Robert Henry said on March 8th, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Every river flowing out into the ocean could be a source of cheap energy!!!

But then I looked at your number, 300 megawatts.

Hopefully you mean that the causeway can generate 300 MW an hour. That’s the way the figures are usually used. And another thing the energy could be as regular as coal.

The thing I need is to tell me what does 300 Megawatts mean?

In Austin. Texas the average household burns approximately 10 MW a year.

So let’s do the math. 24 hours X 365 days X 300 MW
= 2,628,000 Megawatts!!!

At 10 MW per household that’s 262,800 households.

All I’m saying is that 300 Megawatts don’t mean anything to most people, I’ve asked people. And these are green people!

But when I say 300 MW, it means enough energy to provide electricity for a quarter of a million homes for a year. then that has meaning.

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:M2TPHULprjkJ:ecoworldly.com/2009/03/08/saltwater-power-could-supply-energy-for-most-dutch-homes/+mw+per+household&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by detopshot(m): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2009
>>Trekkie: thumbs up!
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Imohbyron(m): 6:15am On Dec 18, 2009
Why dragging about this issue,it ain't worth it,if there is Uninterupted power suppy down there in A/K state, then gud for them,but if the journalists that wrote the article is lying,then that shows the despicable state of our lovely nation NIGERIA.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by sjeezy8: 6:38am On Dec 18, 2009
Dont know if its true or not but its realistic since awka ibom is one of the least populated states and smallest in Nigeria. so . . . .
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by ettebobson: 8:49am On Dec 18, 2009
F, ing liars!! I was in Ikot Abasi two months ago and there was no light in the 4 hours i spent there.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Renamy: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2009
If the light is being test-run, the whole world should be informed correctly and not using this light mayhem as a campaign tool. Today is December 18, 2009 I have not seen a spark of light in my house. I slept in a hot room till daybreak. Sweat in my body turns to tears for what some people are intentionally subjecting others to in this country.

In Eket which I stay, nobody has seen any difference in power supply; it's all dark. Liars beware of what you say for evil gain.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2009
Is it only in ikot Abasi or in the whole of Akwa Ibom because I ve not seen any light with my eyes for the past 4 days in Eket(Etebi Idung Iwak).
so I dont know why people are naming pikin that has not been conceived.O ga ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by pastorking(m): 9:03am On Dec 19, 2009
I is a Very BIG LIE OOOOOOOOOO. I have been in Uyo for the past 3 weeks and I have seeN NEPA light only about twice and it never lasted for up to one hour. Pls moderator kindly crosscheck people's posts here before putting anything on front page.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by edoyad(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2009
^ grin grin . Why are yo people suprised ? The thieving politicians have people they sponsor to tell us crap on NL too. Why do you think they're trying hard to make cheap web access impossible ?
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by rooftech: 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2009
who is telling this lie the light is from the aluminium company of nigeria (alscon power plant) and its been on for a year now please nigerians dont buy that rubbish news i think a very desparate polictician is behind this info. verify any news you here from akwa ibom by yourself most journalist are writting lies about the situation here
thanks
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Itydee(m): 1:58am On Dec 20, 2009
[color=#990000]I called my Dad immediately I heard of the UPS situation in EKET which happens to be my hometown. He was very surprised to hear of such false claims about EKET cos he ran the gen through out the night prior to my call. I went to EKET from Port Harcourt where I reside on the 17th December 2009 to see things for myself but alas there was no light throughout the night in the town. I spent 2 days and participated in the just concluded EKET DAY carnival. Im back in PH and Iam very hurt with this false publicity given to my town and is discussed all over the world. Kudos is wrongly given to lie peddlers. I wonder where there is UPS in EKET. Probably there is UPS in Ikot Abasi but never in EKET my Hometown. Absolutely not in EKET town!!!. cry cry angry shocked
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by detopshot(m): 6:26am On Dec 20, 2009
@Itydee: u get time o. u for even send me dat trans wey u pay go. lol
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by ikefor(m): 7:33am On Dec 20, 2009
@whatalife

Are you talking about Uyo the state capital because in the past 3 months, i've been to some of the neighboring local govts and the light situation is not good at all, particularly
Ikot Ekpene, Eket ,Oron, Abak
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Renamy: 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2009
It does not take more than 2 years to assemble a turbine after employing the right people and equipment. If Attah and Akpabio will use 10 years to assemble simple plant modules for IP; when then would some of the components be due for maintenance? Do they have backups during maintenance period?

The people trumpeting that Akwa Ibom or Eket has UPS are fooling themselves. I would advise them to trek to Cameron, Bamenda to observe the light there and come back. Use Ikom bush track so that you dont pay transport.
Re: Akwa Ibom Enjoys Uninterrupted Power by Renamy: 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2009
It does not take more than 2 years to assemble a turbine after employing the right people and equipment.  If Attah and Akpabio will use 10 years to assemble simple plant modules for IP; when then would some of the components be due for maintenance?  Do they have backups during maintenance period?  

The people trumpeting that Akwa Ibom or Eket has UPS are fooling themselves.  I would advise them to trek to Cameron, Bamenda to observe the light there and come back.  Use Ikom bush track so that you dont pay transport.

2015: The Year The YORUBA Education Failed Them. / Enugu Doctors Visit Gov. Ugwuanyi, Say They Are Proud Of His Achievements / Smear Campaign: Your Failures Not Elite Are After You, PDP Tells Buhari

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57