Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,718 members, 7,837,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace (27319 Views)

TB Joshua Crusade In Nazareth Israel: Churches, Islamic Cleric, Politicians Kick / Paul Enenche Dedicates Dunamis Auditorium In Minna, Niger State (PHOTOS) / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Talk2Bella(f): 8:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
that's the spirit
peace on earth
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2017
the prob has never been Christians but Muslims always see everything through the prism of we must conquer, hence a battle. The Christians awoke 2000 years plus ago, it's the Muslims who are yet still aslumber. No beef, no quotes please !!!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by DollarAngel(m): 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2017
Chai touching
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by menxer: 8:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
very symbolic, but we live in a nation where religious bigotry is celebrated, take a cursory look at comments on here, religious hatred is a norm.
besides, he is a white man.
see what i mean?
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Cordis92(f): 8:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
That's how it should be

Jesus' prayer was " Father, may they be one in US as I am in one with You"

We Fight mostly religious wars. If we claim to have one God, then we should be one with one faith.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by toluxa1(m): 8:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
Rev Fr JD O'Connell. That was my principal in secondary school. A legend indeed. What a great man. Proud to have been his student.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by sapientia(m): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
This should be broadcasted all over the country till it starts to trend. Lai Mohammed can use this to do whatever. we really need to start showing our kids this all over the country cos adults may never change.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by noziz(m): 8:46pm On Mar 08, 2017
who dem help! na ba like dat undecided
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by DesireBenjamin: 8:46pm On Mar 08, 2017
Notice how the cleric's hand is almost hanging instead of holding nd hugging well.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
This is really touching,,, please let stop insulting one another on nairaland, let us embrace peace and b a brothers keeper,no religion support killings and hatred, the fact that some nincompoops and religious bigot and chauvinist go astray to create confusion and incite violence does not mean that all re the same.we re all humans moulded by d same creature, only religion,race and tribe differentiate us, we shall all meet our lord and account for every deeds and how we spend our days on earth.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by akigbemaru: 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
Peace reigns!
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by BiniShrine(m): 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
My God!!! Father O'Connell!! Was my Parish Priest @ St. Michael's Tradoc Cantonment and also my Principal GSS Minna aka Father O'Connell High School, Bosso Road Minna..... Wow... cry cry cry cry cry
ebosie11:
As shared by Halima.....

'The kind of embrace that is much needed especially in these days of insistent hate & dislike. Father O'Connell, a Catholic Priest, in a tearful farewell embrace with Shaykh Ahmad Lemu, an Islamic Cleric, in Minna. Father O'Connell has served in a Government Secondary School, Minna as a Principal for 50 years. He turned 80 earlier last week or so. He returns to Ireland on retirement. These 2 men have between themselves, educated, positively influenced and molded many Nigerlites, including my father & mother, among other close family & friends. May our lives be that of service & usefulness to others. Amin'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/03/catholic-priest-islamic-cleric-embrace.html?m=1
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2017
Catholics have always been ordained by God as true Christians.

Not like that who..re called pastor Soliman that goes about sucking women's breast. Disgraceful thing.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by ehinmowo: 8:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
ufuosman:
Good, Christian's and Muslims really need to stop fighting. Let love lead.

u mean muslims shud stop killing for Allah and Mohammed
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by africanusvu(m): 8:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
ebosie11:
As shared by Halima.....

'The kind of embrace that is much needed especially in these days of insistent hate & dislike. Father O'Connell, a Catholic Priest, in a tearful farewell embrace with Shaykh Ahmad Lemu, an Islamic Cleric, in Minna. Father O'Connell has served in a Government Secondary School, Minna as a Principal for 50 years. He turned 80 earlier last week or so. He returns to Ireland on retirement. These 2 men have between themselves, educated, positively influenced and molded many Nigerlites, including my father & mother, among other close family & friends. May our lives be that of service & usefulness to others. Amin'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/03/catholic-priest-islamic-cleric-embrace.html?m=1
.As the stripes on their shirts werent wiped off nomater hw hard and close the embraced.so shal the odours and marks of hate bw these two faith in nig remain permanent unless we part ways
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by dokyOloye: 9:01pm On Mar 08, 2017
ufuosman:
Good, Christian's and Muslims really need to stop fighting. Let love lead.
Have christians ever fought muslims in Nigeria?
The nearest to it is retaliation,and this started very recently after it became obvious that our patently biased security forces will never go after d perpetrators.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by SaintNemesis(f): 9:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
This is love and service to humanity. GOD is love. The Priest really knows GOD, and loves GOD, to leave comfort and come to serve for 50years in rural community.... That's commendable. Not many of us can do that. Our modern day pastors and will rather enjoy luxury than mix up with the poor.....off course the reason is that they are serving a rich GOD.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by buchilino(m): 9:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:
That's how it should be, Christians should go to Mosque on Fridays and Muslims should go to Church on Sundays. This Will promote religious tolerance

DAT WILL NEVA HAPPEN.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by shumuel(m): 9:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
ebosie11:
As shared by Halima.....

And it had to be a whiteman undecided ?
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by mokkalu1(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
Do they believe each other's teachings? If not, then they are decievers
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by dljbd1(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
ebosie11:
As shared by Halima.....

Father father...He is so old now. Remember those days in father school...Very strict man. Students don't fnck with him back then...Love u old man smiley
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by gqboyy(m): 9:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
ekojoe:
Touching cry

Where is Shekau
Dis guy u no know say shekau always has a suicide bomb vest tied to his waist?.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by israelmao(m): 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
The peace we need is beyond public exchange of warm embrace.Daggers in the heart and custometic peace on the face will not take us anywhere but the good message we preach and practice.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by dragonking3: 9:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hugging an oyinbo man ba? Let a northerner hug a Christian from the south over there let's see. Shior undecided
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Vicolan: 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hotsparkles:
The Roman Catholic Church has always been in the forefront of religious peace and harmony. It's not a new thing to catholics

Bcz u have dsame similarities naw ...
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by majour(m): 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hotsparkles:
The Roman Catholic Church has always been in the forefront of religious peace and harmony. It's not a new thing to catholics
Ofcus they are, we all should just forget about the dark ages were religious killing of unbelievers in the catholic faith were persecuted, burnt on a stake and condemned to death ugh, its all history now I guess
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Nasiruddeen(m): 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
If you claim to be a Muslim or Christian and you indulge yourself in sin of hatred, even having evil thoughts against your neighbour then you are living in sin and your claim to love God is a lie.

Both Muslims and Christians have to learn how to control their words, thoughts and actions. It is only then we will begin to really understand what Islam and Christianity is all about.

Pay no heed to the false prophets of these days that speak so much on prosperity and wealth while they ignore Salvation which is meant to be the number one need of every soul.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by majour(m): 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ozid:
My prayer for Nigeria is that in 1000 years to come we would remain strong and united country. Muslims and Christians let's be united because no religion preaches violence. As I have always been saying the problem is not the religion but the people practicing it.
I guess u mean to say non teaches logic because they both preach violence to non believers, get ur fact ryt
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Egalitarian1: 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
Wao! I actually met the priest during my service year in Minna. I was posted to that Government Sec school, Bosso road, Minna. Although I rejected the school for another ppa , I cherished the manner of reception that the old priest gave us on our arrival.But unfortunately, my good service was needed more in another place. I Wish him good health, peace of mind and heart as he retires! May God find him worthy of His gracious reward both now and on the last day ..Amen!
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
b3llo:
If only they truly mean it.

There always has to be that douchebag!
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by nkemjacob2(m): 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2017
dis will not stop boko haram from killing.... neither will it stop muslim fanatic from attacking. RUBBISH
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by babbzy23: 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
This post is the first of its kind that every comment on the platform makes sense and no abuse....kudos to the men hereMatured

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Francis Laments Terrorist Attack On St Francis Xavier Church, Owo, Nigeria / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Bishop Oyedepo Distributes Relief Materials To IDPs In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.