Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,718 members, 7,837,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace (27320 Views)

TB Joshua Crusade In Nazareth Israel: Churches, Islamic Cleric, Politicians Kick / Paul Enenche Dedicates Dunamis Auditorium In Minna, Niger State (PHOTOS) / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Blesphil(f): 1:06am On Mar 09, 2017
Rip Fr. O'connell
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Mbediogu(m): 1:48am On Mar 09, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:
That's how it should be, Christians should go to Mosque on Fridays and Muslims should go to Church on Sundays. This Will promote religious tolerance

A religion tolerant outside its tenets is no religion. Political peace is different from social peace that only balanced religions can offer.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Ogashub(m): 3:40am On Mar 09, 2017
zicoraads:

Which set are you?
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Ogashub(m): 3:41am On Mar 09, 2017
zicoraads:

Which set are you?
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Kingspin(m): 3:42am On Mar 09, 2017
Some Muslims will soon go behind to spoil this mood.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by nurusystem(m): 5:16am On Mar 09, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:
That's how it should be, Christians should go to Mosque on Fridays and Muslims should go to Church on Sundays. This Will promote religious tolerance
No ,you to your own me to my own

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by holyeye1989(m): 5:38am On Mar 09, 2017
God searches the heart, Islam-christain=problem. Islam-islam=problem. How on earth ll there be peace. Since they are our problems.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by aAK1(m): 6:33am On Mar 09, 2017
Its a good thing father is leaving. He has done his part.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by RillJ(m): 6:59am On Mar 09, 2017
To do what?
What day or time should they go to Amadioha shrine, Olokun, Ayelele etc.
Religious tolerance is the way to go but it must not require patronage.
Rollsnjaguar:
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by amliftedhigher: 8:46am On Mar 09, 2017
Make he no stab the white man they are terrorists oh
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by adabekee12(f): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:

How about Africans dumping all oppressive religions from their slave masters?
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Guyman02: 9:03am On Mar 09, 2017
Touching to see a tearful hug between a Catholic Priest and an Islamic Cleric.
Thanks OP for posting
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by alaskido(m): 10:10am On Mar 09, 2017
This is understandable for the Roman Catholic Church to embrace peace with their co-host but not the Pentecostal churches.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Ozid(m): 11:21am On Mar 09, 2017
majour:
You don't want to start this argument bro
I stand by what I said b4, both religion preaches peace and not violence. You only quoted some verses from both the Qur'an and the Bible without explaining what warranted that statement.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by haulforte123: 11:23am On Mar 09, 2017
Shipping and Clearing Services at Affordable Prices!!!!

Get 100% Value For Your Money.

Place your order by:

Calling us on: 08121362702

Visiting/Chatting us at: www.haulforte.com
E-mailing us at: info@haulforte.com
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by majour(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2017
Ozid:
I stand by what I said b4, both religion preaches peace and not violence. You only quoted some verses from both the Qur'an and the Bible without explaining what warranted that statement.
Its self explanatory, ur not just seeing it because u choose to be blind to it, they both encourage the killing of unbeliever, those that don't follow their faith, what more do u want
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by easymancfc(m): 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
alaskido:
This is understandable for the Roman Catholic Church to embrace peace with their co-host but not the Pentecostal churches.
The Catholic Church may disagree with Pentecostal churches but there's no violence between them, actually it is the Pentecostals that have issues with the Catholic Church, accusing it of all sorts of issues both true and false as if they have no issues on their own... Point is, there is no Catholic Vs Pentecostal violence hence no need to make peace.

As for the "co-host" statement, only you know what you mean
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by easymancfc(m): 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
majour:
Its self explanatory, ur not just seeing it because u choose to be blind to it, they both encourage the killing of unbeliever, those that don't follow their faith, what more do u want

Am curious, can you show me where in the Bible or Catholic catechism where violence is encouraged.. Am sure you will refer to the Crusades as an evidence based on a wrong idea of history but even if you do, show unbiased sources not anti Catholic protestant sources
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by majour(m): 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
easymancfc:

Am curious, can you show me where in the Bible or Catholic catechism where violence is encouraged.. Am sure you will refer to the Crusades as an evidence based on a wrong idea of history but even if you do, show unbiased sources not anti Catholic protestant sources
I honestly don't know what u mean by unbiased source, the crusades are history so what exactly do u want to see, should we ignore the states wiped out by the papacy insisting it was God's will? Organised Religion is a tool for oppression and control and has nothing to with spirituality
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Jelal0007(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
REIIGN:

Oshey!

So you can now see people's reasoning abi? Yorooba moozlim grin
That's my problem with retards like U. Must ube tribalistic in all dat u say. Bunch of lower thinking vertebrates.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by easymancfc(m): 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2017
majour:
I honestly don't know what u mean by unbiased source, the crusades are history so what exactly do u want to see, should we ignore the states wiped out by the papacy insisting it was God's will? Organised Religion is a tool for oppression and control and has nothing to with spirituality

Yes indeed the Crusades is historical and By unbiased Sources I mean those who reported it as it happened, not those who give false accounts to promote hate and anti Catholism.. the Crusades was called by Pope Urban in 1056 to reclaim the Holy Land (Jerusalem) and other Christian territories from the Islamic rule after the Turk's conquered Jerusalem in 637AD.. this was the primary purpose of the Crusades not to kill those who Catholics consider unbelievers but to get back the Holy Land... Other subsequent crusades may have been corrupted but that was not the intention the Church had when the first crusade was called... besides there's been no crusade in over 800 years... It's like saying because God led the Israelites to War and told them to wipe out certain people, the Judaism religion or the Israelites where wrong...

On Religion and Spirituality..
Whether organized or organized has everything to do with Spirituality... Spirituality Is a part of religion whether you like it or not.. You learnt about Jesus through the Christian Religion and believe when I tell you that Early Christianity was organized because they had leaders who they respected and they all believed in the same thing (one Faith) see Ephesians 4...
Let's see what the Bible has to say about Religion

James 1:26-27 If any one thinks he is RELIGIOUS, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this man’s religion is vain. Pure and undefiled RELIGION in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

1 Tim 2:10 but by good deeds, as befits women who profess RELIGION.

1 Tim 3:15 if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth. 16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our RELIGION:

All these verses and more see RELIGION organized or not as good and the best way to be spiritual...

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by REIIGN(m): 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
Jelal0007:
That's my problem with retards like U. Must ube tribalistic in all dat u say. Bunch of lower thinking vertebrates.

E pain the afonja gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Jelal0007(m): 10:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
REIIGN:

E pain the afonja gringringrin
Dis boy mumu sha...
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Demmzy15(m): 12:54am On Mar 10, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:
sad angry grin grin grin
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by SLouis(m): 11:24am On Jun 27, 2019
It is better now to purge away our sins and to cut up our vices than to reserve them to be purged here after.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Vickyebere: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
God bless Catholic Church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Francis Laments Terrorist Attack On St Francis Xavier Church, Owo, Nigeria / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Bishop Oyedepo Distributes Relief Materials To IDPs In Maiduguri

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.