Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,729 members, 7,837,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace (27321 Views)

TB Joshua Crusade In Nazareth Israel: Churches, Islamic Cleric, Politicians Kick / Paul Enenche Dedicates Dunamis Auditorium In Minna, Niger State (PHOTOS) / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Ozid(m): 9:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
majour:
I guess u mean to say non teaches logic because they both preach violence to non believers, get ur fact ryt
The religion itself does not preach violence both Islam and Christianity. The people fuelling hatred are the so-called preachers/cleric of the various religion.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by majour(m): 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ozid:
The religion itself does not preach violence both Islam and Christianity. The people fuelling hatred are the so-called preachers/cleric of the various religion.
You don't want to start this argument bro

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by sweetheart202(m): 9:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
A MERE EMBRACE IS TRENDING....HMM....WE SHOULD FORGET ABOUT ALL THIS FAKE ACTING....CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS IN NIGERIA WILL NEVER LIVE IN PEACE...
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Goldienana(f): 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2017
They are too old to pretend bro. Have a change of mind.

b3llo:
If only they truly mean it.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by omojeesu(m): 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
May it not be mere show and deceptive political correctness.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by afemgbosey(m): 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
No real Christian will 'hug' a Muslim. I mean it. What fellowship does light have with darkness? To foster peace? Except of course they have thesame source. Isalm and catholism share the star, rosary and moon in their worship. They are both deeply pagan. I know this because I cared to inquire about them. Before you curse me kindly do your research.

Give your life to Jesus not Mary who died or Muhammed whose grave is occupied. Jesus grave is empty. Glory be to God. Amen

Have you ever wondered where to find this book : WHO IS THIS ALLAH?. Been searching for over 4 years and finally I got it today!. Here is the link.
http://bookzz.org/book/2597827/ea787b/?_ir=1
It is pdf file you can download and read on your phone. The truth is unchangeable no matter how hard we try.
Kindly note that this is not a spam.
Nb : I decided to share it on Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNecuydbQxHcEZxOGN0dXdxTlE/view?usp=drivesdk
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by zicoraads: 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ogashub:
some bloggers can twist stories sha... Meanwhile we are rehalsing to bid our great principal goodbye after 50years of his hard..... I notice every lie and fake news that's comes from trezzyhelm and naijahelm always makes fp... Maybe they bribed the mods... Mods confirm news before bleeping taking it to fp
Which set are you?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by zicoraads: 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
BiniShrine:
My God!!! Father O'Connell!! Was my Parish Priest @ St. Michael's Tradoc Cantonment and also my Principal GSS Minna aka Father O'Connell High School, Bosso Road Minna..... Wow... cry cry cry cry cry
See all this GSS boys cheesy Which set please?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by zicoraads: 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
Philpham:
Catholics have always been ordained by God as true Christians.

Not like that who..re called pastor Soliman that goes about sucking women's breast. Disgraceful thing.
Don't even start what you can't finish. Catholics my black ass undecided Is it not better to go after women, than to molest little boys?
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by OkuFaba(m): 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2017
zinaunreal:
14 years
baba catarh dey ur brain.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by zicoraads: 10:01pm On Mar 08, 2017
Father Connnell cool He shaped a great part of my growing up. There is no day I don't thank God for making it possible to be a student of this great man. It's a good thing the state government has agreed to change the name of the school to his own name. Because after all is said and done, his immense contribution to education in Niger state cannot be quantified. This Saturday, we'll march for you. Bless you father!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Jelal0007(m): 10:02pm On Mar 08, 2017
REIIGN:
Shiit aint gon change. This won't stop muslims from maiming at will. angry
Did u buy ur stupidity or did u get it for free? Ur reasoning resembles dat of an orangutan,change ur ideals man.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by princessayesha(f): 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
REIIGN:
Shiit aint gon change. This won't stop muslims from maiming at will. angry
Muslims dont maim....your father does
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
Op, Father as we all prefer to address him is not just a Catholic priest, he reshaped education in Niger State, Broke the Bar and set his own limit others after him might never reach.

I vividly recall on 5th december 2011 when my father passed on without paying my WAEC/NECO fees, i ran to him with tears in my eyes to tell him my father had passed on, he remembered me as the boy from Zaria who always gave him so much trouble and made his dinner time a hell.

He asked when my father was going to be buried and preceded to tell me a story about Cyril Stober and how he made 'A' in English.

Father, Thanks for paying my SSCE fees(a loan, my uncle later paid back) words alone won't do the Magic! I appreciate you more!!!

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by K9Uneet(m): 10:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ogashub:
some bloggers can twist stories sha... Meanwhile we are rehalsing to bid our great principal goodbye after 50years of his hard..... I notice every lie and fake news that's comes from trezzyhelm and naijahelm always makes fp... Maybe they bribed the mods... Mods confirm news before bleeping taking it to fp

My brother, the thing tire me too o. These bloggers can twist news for Africa. Meanwhile, I'm eagerly warming up to "Walk For Father J. D. O'Connell" on the 18th of March.

God bless Fr. J.D. O'Connell.
God bless J. D. O'Connell Secondary School, Minna.
Proudly FOSA!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by 4dankey: 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
That is my principal. So happy I passed through GSS MINNA. Connell so happy that I was in your school. Remember how you use to chase us with your car to go back to class after brake time.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by BiniShrine(m): 10:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
2001.... Lol. And you?
zicoraads:

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by zicoraads: 10:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
BiniShrine:
2001.... Lol. And you?
Choi! Respek, sir cool

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by BiniShrine(m): 10:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
[From basketball court.. Oh boy that basketball court floor Nah die? Oh that yellow 504 shocked shocked cool... The day he gave me a lift back to Cantonment was memorable.... Do you remember the red car IBB gave to him?
quote author=4dankey post=54403272]That is my principal. So happy I passed through GSS MINNA. Connell so happy that I was in your school. Remember how you use to chase us with your car to go back to class after brake time. [/quote]
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Hotsparkles(m): 10:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
majour:
Ofcus they are, we all should just forget about the dark ages were religious killing of unbelievers in the catholic faith were persecuted, burnt on a stake and condemned to death ugh, its all history now I guess
U just said unbelievers in the Catholic faith.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by BiniShrine(m): 10:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hahahahha... I left at a very tender age back then sha... Could remember how I used to *fap those beautiful flowers around the school just to replant them in my dad's compound...
zicoraads:

Choi! Respek, sir cool

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Fisocoded(m): 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2017
That's my principal he is looking so old now... Thanks Father for ur fatherly care over us, i could remember how he will give us drugs to stay fit for class instead of running home and chasing us with his Red Toyota laurel back to school when trying to run away durring break dose days.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by majour(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hotsparkles:

U just said unbelievers in the Catholic faith.
those christians that didn't support the catholic definition for their faith, they were called unbelievers despite being Christians, they were not allowed to read the bible, books like the book of Enoch were totally forbidden
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by Ceazario: 11:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
Great God. Did you know what it means 2 work 2geda 4 50 yrs? God is great.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by NupeZalla(m): 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
zicoraads:
09 set....long live father! !!
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by easymancfc(m): 11:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
afemgbosey:
No real Christian will 'hug' a Muslim. I mean it. What fellowship does light have with darkness? To foster peace? Except of course they have thesame source. Isalm and catholism share the star, rosary and moon in their worship. They are both deeply pagan. I know this because I cared to inquire about them. Before you curse me kindly do your research.

Give your life to Jesus not Mary who died or Muhammed whose grave is occupied. Jesus grave is empty. Glory be to God. Amen

Have you ever wondered where to find this book : WHO IS THIS ALLAH?. Been searching for over 4 years and finally I got it today!. Here is the link.
http://bookzz.org/book/2597827/ea787b/?_ir=1
It is pdf file you can download and read on your phone. The truth is unchangeable no matter how hard we try.
Kindly note that this is not a spam.
Nb : I decided to share it on Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNecuydbQxHcEZxOGN0dXdxTlE/view?usp=drivesdk

First of all, I see you are not a patriot, So because we don't share the same religious beliefs we can't Live in Peace? then there is a problem with your reasoning, you are showing religious bigotry in disguise.

You say light and darkness cannot mix while I agree with that statement, it doesn't apply to a Catholic priest showing affection for a fellow human being being a Muslim or vice versa. Unless you're saying Pentecostals and Evangelicals cannot live in Peace with Muslim's, because I live in the North and have seen first hand Pentecostals and evangelicals who have Muslim friends. and live in Peace with one another ... If you think living in peace with Christians alone is what the Bible teaches then you don't know the Bible very well.. Jesus said in Mathew 5:43-48.. Love your enemies and pray for them...
Romans 12:17 Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. 18 If possible, so far as it depends upon you, live PEACEABLY WITH ALL
Hebrews 12:14 Strive for peace with ALL MEN, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
there are many other verses we. can look at...
So the fact that they hugged each other as a sign of peace doesn't mean they both serve the devil. it simply means that there is brotherly love between the both of them atleast and it is a model of peace which we should emulate because our God (Christian) is a God of peace..
On Rosary and Moon worship and star Worship, that's just wrong because while Muslims do relate to the Crescent (moon and Star) I have never seen any Catholic Church having a Crescent despite their use of images... On the Rosary, I have never seen a Muslim praying "Glory be to the Father and to the Son and the Holy Spirit. because belief in the Trinity is a blasphemy to their God just like in some "Christian Sect" like the Jehovah's witness, oneness Pentecostals and Mormons. I wonder if you would group them in the same category...

one more note... in places where religious violence have taken place not just in Nigeria but all over the World, the Catholic Church has suffered more.. So I wonder why "darkness" will fight against and disagree with itself.. as Jesus said in Mathew 12:24-27... a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by danjaD(m): 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
Woa! My principal, very disciplined man.
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by dingbang(m): 12:06am On Mar 09, 2017
Its balderdash... Why can't a christian guy marry a Muslim lady without interference in religion..
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by REIIGN(m): 12:12am On Mar 09, 2017
princessayesha:

Muslims dont maim....your father does

Terrorist suicide bomber spotted! cool
Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by QueenSuccubus(f): 12:31am On Mar 09, 2017
dingbang:
Its balderdash... Why can't a christian guy marry a Muslim lady without interference in religion..

Even Christians has it own conflicts too...a Catholic can't marry a Baptist or JEhovah witness to marry a Mormon etc etc...

All these kinds of religion making the human race separated on their beliefs, putting everyone In a square box.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace by REIIGN(m): 12:41am On Mar 09, 2017
Jelal0007:
Did u buy ur stupidity or did u get it for free? Ur reasoning resembles dat of an orangutan,change ur ideals man.

Oshey!

So you can now see people's reasoning abi? Yorooba moozlim grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Francis Laments Terrorist Attack On St Francis Xavier Church, Owo, Nigeria / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Bishop Oyedepo Distributes Relief Materials To IDPs In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.