Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State (66898 Views)

Photos Of Corper Ugwi Mary Martha Killed At AAU Graduation Party / Burial Of Corper Who Drowned In A River In Rivers State (Photos) / Burial Of Corper Who Drowned While Swimming In Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Hardewhale19(m): 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
May ur soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Godwin321(m): 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
embarassed Village Missue.. Rip Bro..
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by dejavuh0007(m): 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
abdulaz:
I am so guilty of this, always placing my laptop on my lap to enable me type and work fast.

But laptops are supposed be finished with plastic casings though. Just saying

Lesson learnt.

Always place something like a text book on your lap first then place the laptop on the book.

RIP Bro.

what happened to placing the laptop on a table or a raised platform before using so as to avoid this kind of stories that touch? just because it's called a laptop doesn't necessarily mean that it must be placed on the laps before u can operate it.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Kennyodinye(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
Young03:
May God console his family n accept his soul in purgatory
Why Purgatory?...mumu
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by tollyboy5(m): 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
like seriously shey na only me notice am? corpers dey die this days
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by tiwasiaife(m): 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
Young03:
May God console his family n accept his soul in purgatory

Why purgatory ? Thou I know its place that serves as point of purification bfre making it to heaven. We pray God accept him in his paradise . God has the final say and may he find joy forever. Amen
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by abdulaz: 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
dejavuh0007:

what happened to placing the laptop on a table or a raised platform before using so as to avoid this kind of stories that touch? just because it's called a laptop doesn't necessarily mean that it must be placed on the laps before u can operate it.

Thanks for the insight bro.

Right now I'm even typing with my PC on my lap.

But only after placing something on my laps though, I'm very various now.

I'm short sighted and I also use concave glasses, the screen of my PC has to be close to my eyes, the reason why the PC is always on my lap.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Itannooluwa(f): 10:41pm On Mar 11, 2017
Michaelpresh:
more reasons why government need to look into some of the imported products
Na everything b government
It's sensible enough to shutdown ur system wen nt n use nd preferably place it on a table .....y wld u fall asleep wif a charging laptop on ur laps...silly mistake

R.I.P to d dead...
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Michaelpresh(m): 10:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
Itannooluwa:
Na everything b government
It's sensible enough to shutdown ur system wen nt n use nd preferable place it on a table .....y wld u fall asleep wif a charging laptop on ur laps...silly mistake

R.I.P to d dead...

just tell give me one good reason why a charging laptop must exploded?
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Bimpe29: 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
End of the road, after a remarkable effort to make it in life. It's a painful exit.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Itannooluwa(f): 11:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
Michaelpresh:

just tell give me one good reason why a charging laptop must exploded?
ur grammar sef can explode....bk to d matter
Laptop Battery Explosion – Reasons
The first and important reason, why laptop batteries explode (or the smartphone ones) is some sort of fault with the battery. To understand what could be the fault, you need to understand how the Lithium (Li) Ion battery works. We won’t get into Physics here – rather will explore the topic in general detail.
There are different types of batteries of which, the popular rechargeable ones are either Acid base or Lithium Ion batteries. You will find an Acid base battery in cars, vehicles, etc. They are heavy boxes with acid and electrodes in it. The Lithium Ion batteries are more compact and have one electrode and an anode with suspended electrons in form of liquid.
An electrode is a plate representing source or propagator of negative (-ve) charge and the anode represents positive (+ve) charge. We all know that the electricity distribution system is built upon the fact that electrons move from –ve to +ve nodes. The positive nodes in almost all cases are the contact points where you plug in your gadgets. In case of laptops and smartphones, they are the only open points that can be seen when you remove the battery – generally copper or silver plated for a longer and better contact life. For information on Lithium batteries, please check out Wikipedia or similar website.
As explained above, there are minimum three cells in a laptop battery and the number can go up to 12. I have not yet heard of a laptop battery having more than 12 cells. Anyway, when you are using the laptop on battery, electrons flow from the –ve side of cells to the positive side (the contact points) thereby providing power to it. Similarly, when you are charging the battery, electrons are sent back to the electrode points to prepare the battery for consumption.
Plenty of factors come into play here – overcharging, over discharging, unwanted carbon build up, etc. A Lithium battery though looks simple from outside, has built-in mechanisms to disconnect from device and adjacent cells in case of overcharging etc. A faulty laptop battery is one that would not provide such mechanisms to protect the cells from overcharging etc. This is just to give you an idea of why companies have recalled products in the past saying the batteries are defective. They are missing one or more such precaution mechanisms
Among other reasons why a laptop battery can exploding are mishandling – probably you drop it somewhere and the alignment of electrode plus anode is disturbed. This, in turn, will change the alignment of electrons in the cells which may create overheating – a known factor that explodes batteries.
Certain other reasons can be the atmosphere where you are using the laptop. If it is humid and hot enough, it will make a good case for short-circuit that – in turn – will result in overheating and hence explosion.
There is no dearth of reasons why laptop batteries explode. The same applies to cellphone batteries. Only that the laptop batteries damage more compared to cellphones as they contain more than one cell. Thus, if one cell is overheated and explodes, it will trigger a sequence of blasts where each subsequent explosion would be more dangerous......thnk dz shld b helpful
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by purplekayc(m): 11:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
I no no say laptop explosion fit kill person
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by onadana: 11:33pm On Mar 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
what happened to reflex action. I mean the moment our body senses fire burning our skin or we feel electric shock. our body respond with the speed of light to that effect. this was the basis of reflex action that was taught then at sec school, I don't believe this tho. someone should explain better

Which kain sleep be that?
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by mamajaz(f): 11:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
abdulaz:
I am so guilty of this, always placing my laptop on my lap to enable me type and work fast.

Lesson learnt.

Always place something like a text book on your lap first then place the laptop on the book.

RIP Bro.
Brotherly, don't kuku put the stuff on your laps please.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by sweetgala(m): 12:52am On Mar 12, 2017
brunofarad:
shocked

So laptop sef don dey explode,

Oyibo yaf kill us finish

NEXT TO START EXPLODING MAY BE LCD TV

Every laptop has a battery Li ion similar to phones. They charge and discharge in a relatively stable manner but that is given the electricity is supplied with common sense at the a correct current ratings which is not the case in Nigeria.

R.I.P to the dead.

I sleep slept off with my Mac book besides me today charging ; just to make one realise the things we take for granted. I advise not to use your phone while charging too especially when the battery starts to heat up
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by sweetgala(m): 12:54am On Mar 12, 2017
abdulaz:

Lesson learnt.

RIP Bro.

I'm not sure if this was a case of an exploding battery or electrocution, the burn marks on his thighs may give an idea if an autopsy is conducted
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by olayiwolar1(m): 1:04am On Mar 12, 2017
Lithium-ion batteries are the suspected cause of fires and recalls for laptops and other devices.

A similar story once shared on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYSpH1Whm5w

We need to be extra careful when considering changing laptop battery. May his Soul Rest In Peace. sad
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by kabaka1: 1:07am On Mar 12, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
what happened to reflex action. I mean the moment our body senses fire burning our skin or we feel electric shock. our body respond with the speed of light to that effect. this was the basis of reflex action that was taught then at sec school, I don't believe this tho. someone should explain better

Explosion and reflex action which one is faster? Even d fastest reflex action is no match to an explosion
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by ezechinwa2: 2:47am On Mar 12, 2017
Michaelpresh:
more reasons why government need to look into some of the imported products

Correct yourself, it's not government but looters.lol
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Koleman(m): 6:46am On Mar 12, 2017
akigbemaru:
NYSC is a fraud!
must u comment? you are lucky.

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by GoldenVivi(f): 6:48am On Mar 12, 2017
Really sad.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Originalsly: 6:50am On Mar 12, 2017
baddosky1:
This is just beyond laptop explosion. something is behind it
The guy studied Electrical Engineering ...... guess that had something to do with it.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by abdulaz: 7:18am On Mar 12, 2017
mamajaz:

Brotherly, don't kuku put the stuff on your laps please.
Thank you sis, I won't do that again.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by abdulaz: 7:22am On Mar 12, 2017
sweetgala:

I'm not sure if this was a case of an exploding battery or electrocution, the burn marks on his thighs may give an idea if an autopsy is conducted

That's true man, I don't believe a laptop can just explode like that. I have been using laptop for close to 8 years now and I haven't seen or experienced such.

It's so sad for him though to be that unlucky.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Folarinibrahim1(m): 8:22am On Mar 12, 2017
Several factors could triggered laptop explosion. Many reason bn
*over heating

* Using the wrong power pack (Overrated power pack could damage the battery and causes explosion)

*The late corper been an electrical engineer could have modified his power pack or the laptop motherboard which is against the laptop warranty.

*Broken battery (Lithium ion battery is no friend to oxygen)

*Factory error(This is a rare case but it's still possible)

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 12, 2017
baddosky1:
This is just beyond laptop explosion. something is behind it

See them. The witches in your village abi?
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Kdamilola(m): 10:10am On Mar 12, 2017
tyokunbo:
Segun Olumide, a corper serving in Taraba State, died in a laptop explosion while sleeping last week.

https://www.nairaland.com/3663629/laptop-explodes-kills-corper-taraba

According to a Facebook user, Profloader Rufus Akindayo, the corpse of the dead corper was taken to his home town yesterday for burial, after a lying-in-state for his colleagues. Akindayo writes,

SO SADDENING ........LIFE IS JUST A PUFF OF AIR.
# Copied

life is just meaningless some time after all Dis stress of school all for him to end up Dis way lord have mercy on us. A member of the 2016 Batch ‘B’ stream 1 Segun Olumide, serving in Taraba State has been electrocuted. It was gathered that despite being rushed to the hospital by his colleagues after he suffered serious burns from electric shock while charging his laptop, it was too late as he was confirmed dead on arrival.

The Ogun State indigene was said to have studied Electrical Engineering at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, Osun State.

Olumide, who was serving at the Government Day Secondary School, Wuro Sembe, Jalingo, was reportedly placed the laptop on his laps and slept off. With tears in d eyes of many corp member Dis morning at federal medical center jalingo as they saw d lifeless body of segum been taken from d mortuary to his home town today may God grant him eternal rest amen.

my advice to d public is dat we should be careful wit our electronics, phones, laptops.

Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2017/03/11/corpse-of-corper-who-died-from-laptop-explosion-taken-to-home-town-in-ogun-state/

RIP to the corper! May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. When I watched the movie 'A million ways to die in the West', I took it just like a movie, but right now it's becoming a reality. I think there are now more than a million ways to die in this era!! So pathetic.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by usedcardealerph(m): 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2017
na only corpse dem snap.....what of the "exploded" laptop.
#SomethingIsNotRight
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Michaelpresh(m): 7:23pm On Mar 12, 2017
ezechinwa2:

Correct yourself, it's not government but looters.lol
lol, how does concern loathers grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out This Tipper-load Of Corpers / Male Corper Batters Female Corper In Abia, Removes Her Teeth With Hammer (Pic) / Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.