Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State (66896 Views)

Photos Of Corper Ugwi Mary Martha Killed At AAU Graduation Party / Burial Of Corper Who Drowned In A River In Rivers State (Photos) / Burial Of Corper Who Drowned While Swimming In Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Michaelpresh(m): 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2017
Itannooluwa:
ur grammar sef can explode....bk to d matter
Laptop Battery Explosion – Reasons
The first and important reason, why laptop batteries explode (or the smartphone ones) is some sort of fault with the battery. To understand what could be the fault, you need to understand how the Lithium (Li) Ion battery works. We won’t get into Physics here – rather will explore the topic in general detail.
There are different types of batteries of which, the popular rechargeable ones are either Acid base or Lithium Ion batteries. You will find an Acid base battery in cars, vehicles, etc. They are heavy boxes with acid and electrodes in it. The Lithium Ion batteries are more compact and have one electrode and an anode with suspended electrons in form of liquid.
An electrode is a plate representing source or propagator of negative (-ve) charge and the anode represents positive (+ve) charge. We all know that the electricity distribution system is built upon the fact that electrons move from –ve to +ve nodes. The positive nodes in almost all cases are the contact points where you plug in your gadgets. In case of laptops and smartphones, they are the only open points that can be seen when you remove the battery – generally copper or silver plated for a longer and better contact life. For information on Lithium batteries, please check out Wikipedia or similar website.
As explained above, there are minimum three cells in a laptop battery and the number can go up to 12. I have not yet heard of a laptop battery having more than 12 cells. Anyway, when you are using the laptop on battery, electrons flow from the –ve side of cells to the positive side (the contact points) thereby providing power to it. Similarly, when you are charging the battery, electrons are sent back to the electrode points to prepare the battery for consumption.
Plenty of factors come into play here – overcharging, over discharging, unwanted carbon build up, etc. A Lithium battery though looks simple from outside, has built-in mechanisms to disconnect from device and adjacent cells in case of overcharging etc. A faulty laptop battery is one that would not provide such mechanisms to protect the cells from overcharging etc. This is just to give you an idea of why companies have recalled products in the past saying the batteries are defective. They are missing one or more such precaution mechanisms
Among other reasons why a laptop battery can exploding are mishandling – probably you drop it somewhere and the alignment of electrode plus anode is disturbed. This, in turn, will change the alignment of electrons in the cells which may create overheating – a known factor that explodes batteries.
Certain other reasons can be the atmosphere where you are using the laptop. If it is humid and hot enough, it will make a good case for short-circuit that – in turn – will result in overheating and hence explosion.
There is no dearth of reasons why laptop batteries explode. The same applies to cellphone batteries. Only that the laptop batteries damage more compared to cellphones as they contain more than one cell. Thus, if one cell is overheated and explodes, it will trigger a sequence of blasts where each subsequent explosion would be more dangerous......thnk dz shld b helpful

lol, don't mind my typo-errors

auto correct is dealing with me
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Shaballantin(m): 2:43am On Mar 13, 2017
Ipob has exploded nde?
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Benjom(m): 7:20am On Mar 13, 2017
RIP

@ brunofarad, I have forcefully adopted two of your GIFs o.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by brunofarad(m): 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
Benjom:
RIP

@ brunofarad, I have forcefully adopted two of your GIFs o.

Instead of copying my style

Why not be innovative and have your own style

WE can all be creative if we try
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Benjom(m): 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
brunofarad:

Instead of copying my style, why not be innovative and have your own style? We can all be creative if we try.

You're a very funny man... Talking about "Creativity" did you write the codes for those GIFs yourself? I didn't copy your business but what you copied somewhere. Want me to prove that? C'mon, relax, 'sharing' makes the world go round.

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by brunofarad(m): 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
Benjom:

You're a very funny man... Talking about "Creativity" did you write the codes for those GIFs yourself? I didn't copy your business but what you copied somewhere. Want me to prove that? C'mon, relax, 'sharing' makes the world go round.

Oya my man abeg na

I want my brandd to be unque here .,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out This Tipper-load Of Corpers / Male Corper Batters Female Corper In Abia, Removes Her Teeth With Hammer (Pic) / Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.