Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday (21411 Views)

Burna Boy In SARS Cell With Other Robbery Suspects / Audu Maikori Sues Governor El-rufai For N10billion Following His Arrest / Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by jaxxy(m): 11:21am On Mar 12, 2017
hardywaltz:
This would serve as a deterrent to bloggers and spreaders of false news

This is indeed a sad day for democracy. How can u arrest sm1 for sharing false info and he even said it ws a mistake. How many times hv hv newpapers published false info they thought ws rite? Even during every past Election all manners of info and incitements flowed freely. This is VERY WRONG!!! This is PERSECUTION By sympathiser of herdsmen in power bt it wrong and an ABUSE OF POWER. WOT IS WRONG WITH THIS NATION angry
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by BetaThings: 11:24am On Mar 12, 2017
Surfboard:

El Rufai's antécédents are all over the Internet. Also, you should be broader in following not only those in government, but also those in opposition cause today's opposition, is tomorrow's leaders.

Peace!

When I make an assertion I try to back it up with links, it is easier for conversation
it is harder for anyone not familiar with a story to know what to google
Since they are all over the internet, it would be so easy for you to post links to 2 and I can take it from there

As for opposition leaders, there are so many noise makers at the state level that is difficult to keep track
Infact apart from people like Fayose, Shettima, Wike etc, it is hard even keeping up with so many governors
But I watch people who desire to become opposition players at the national level

Peace to you too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by Elhabeeb1(m): 11:25am On Mar 12, 2017
I thought they said herdsmen are not being arrested! Anyway let us try not to use or spread information that are not true.
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by BetaThings: 11:31am On Mar 12, 2017
expee06:

You are bereft of comprehension in all facets, I rest my case.
Peace out!

Typical, your sophistry has been exposed
Yes I am bereft of comprehension of illogical postulations

Sir, you have no case
You can go ply your showy analytical subterfuge somewhere else

1 Like

Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 12, 2017
Hitler had his time on earth thinking he would never die,he held the keys of life and death of millions,but on the end he was destroyed,el rufai vindicative tyrant,divisive bastard,your end will come,you will not be on top forever,evil spirit like u,and when ur destruction come,nemesis will have no mercy on u,evil tyrant

1 Like

Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by nerodenero: 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2017
maclatunji:

As if your attempt at being offensive will change anything. #Yeye

People should start using their brain more.
Offensive or defensive, get off my mention Olatunji.
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by iKnowevents(m): 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2017
BetaThings:

You know a lot of things, don't you?

You should be able to stand by the implications of your statement
You asserted that herdsmen are compensated for killing - killing is an offence
Maikori admitted posting false statements - it is also an offence
Since we know that both Maikori and herdsmen are in the same place (cell), then it means that the two offenders will be compensated. I am using your knowledge of what happens to herdsmen

And based on your knowledge - you said you know I carried arms - it is remiss on your part as a patriotic citizen not to report me to the police
What are you waiting for, stand up for peace!

You seem to know a lot about only what you see from what people write. You really must have an understanding special only to you.

Or do you wear a special spectacle that makes you imply a lot, even implying what the writer never wrote or thought of?

Really insightfully inciting.
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by makizee(m): 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2017
hobermener:
I just pity Christians in the north that voted in this govt cos they're obviously the most stupid set of humans to ever walk the earth. Some blood thirsty youths murdered a woman in kano and walked round the city with her beheaded head in their hands, they were apprehended by the police and went scot free, even threatening to do worse if given another opportunity, yet audu is being arrested over and over again for posting incitive comments on Facebook, by a governor whose incitive comments are littered over cyberspace!!
So much for northern hegemony!!!
Why do some of you like to make a bad situation worse, that woman was not beheaded, even her husband said it was a mob action by some animals and that she wasnt beheaded, and no they didn't parade the streets with a head they didn't cut off.
Anyways, back to the topic..Mr El rufai should release thIs guy or charge him to court , this is a civil matter and should not even get to this extent, El Rufai should rather wagr wars against his killer herdsmen.
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by ayindejimmy(m): 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
Gabrielwilliams:
Oppression at the highest level

But I was reported AIT that this man fainted at a function on Friday?!
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by jamislaw(m): 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2017
davereal:
The Chief Executive Officer, Chocolate City Records, Audu Maikori, who was rearrested in Abuja is currently being held at the Gabasawa Police Station, Kaduna State and allegedly sharing the same cell with arrested herdsmen.

A source at the police station told our correspondent that Maikori, who was arrested on Friday, would have been charged to court immediately but the police deliberately refused to commence the prosecution process.
The source said family and friends of the businessman were barred from seeing him.

Efforts made by our correspondent to confirm whether or not Maikori is sharing same cell with herdsmen proved abortive as the Kaduna Police Public Relations Officer, Aliyu Usman’s phone indicated that he was out of coverage area.

It was gathered that the case had been transferred to the Attorney General of Kaduna State and that the Chocolate City boss would appear in Court on Monday for trial.

Maikori is being charged for incitement and sharing fake information.

A close friend of the embattled record company boss stated that Audu was in need of medical attention as he collapsed at an event some days ago.

“He needs to be with his doctors but he doesn’t have access to them where he is. However, a team is being set up to look into the matter and provide legal representation for him” he said.

Source: http://punchng.com/maikori-in-cell-with-herdsmen-to-appear-in-court-monday/
Gabasawa is Kano state.
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by jamislaw(m): 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2017
MurderX:
So Buhari is back and the oppression continues. El rufai also gave numerous false information to the public before becoming governor. They knew Osinbajo wouldn't suppport this nonsense so they released him waiting for the master to return. This is a guy that just collapsed last week at Muson Center, what do they want from him? Enough of El rufai's victimizing christains from Audu to Yakubu to Apostle Suleiman to the recent ransacking of an acting senator's apartment by over 100 police men. El rufai must be checked.
don't fuc with ELRufai
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by BetaThings: 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2017
iKnowevents:

You seem to know a lot about only what you see from what people write. You really must have an understanding special only to you.

Or do you wear a special spectacle that makes you imply a lot, even implying what the writer never wrote or thought of?

Really insightfully inciting.

You are the only one who knows - that is in your name
As for what people write, what should I do? Impute what they did not say to them? What will be the benefit
It is best you say what you mean, if you fall into malaproprism, that is your fault
However, it is clear you are trying to deflect, you have said what you wanted to say and the conclusion is clear

Since you said herdsmen are compensated, then we conclude that Maikori will be compensated along with his cellmate-herdsmen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by iKnowevents(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2017
BetaThings:

You are the only one who knows - that is in your name
As for what people write, what should I do? Impute what they did not say to them? What will be the benefit
It is best you say what you mean, if you fall into malaproprism, that is your fault
However, it is clear you are trying to deflect, you have said what you wanted to say and the conclusion is clear

Since you said herdsmen are compensated, then we conclude that Maikori will be compensated along with his cellmate-herdsmen

Continue to imply and conclude on your own as you love to do. Let's conclude it's what you do for fun.
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2017
hobermener:
I just pity Christians in the north that voted in this govt cos they're obviously the most stupid set of humans to ever walk the earth. Some blood thirsty youths murdered a woman in kano and walked round the city with her beheaded head in their hands, they were apprehended by the police and went scot free, even threatening to do worse if given another opportunity, yet audu is being arrested over and over again for posting incitive comments on Facebook, by a governor whose incitive comments are littered over cyberspace!!
So much for northern hegemony!!!

Stupidity resides in those that cannot place issues in their correct perspectives; since when did the herdsmen/ community issue in general and the the ongoing one in southern Kaduna become a religious problem that warrants the northern Christians being blanketly labelled as collectively stupid?

Wrong, the murdered woman in Kano was never beheaded, even her husband had repudiated that allegation, so stop spreading lies.

Yes, arrests were made and the alleged attackers prosecuted in court but there was insufficient evidence to convict them - hope you are not expecting the court to still go ahead to convict and sentence them even though they may not have anything to do with the crime, simply because you are baying for their blood.

Audu Maikori made a conscious and deliberate decision to generate false inciting information capable of disturbing the peace, even after his attention had been called with regards to the authenticity of the story; he yet went ahead and stuck to his guns, backing the story as true and furthermore convinced a mainstream newspaper (I think it was Vanguard) to go on and foolishly print such damaging falsehood without verification.

The question you should be asking are as follows:
Did Audu commit a crime or not by spreading such malicious falsehood?
Was it wrong to prosecute him giving the potential harmful impact such misinformation could have on the unity and peaceful co-existence between the warring communities and their sympathisers?
Should he go scot free because others in the past had escaped prosecution?
Should he go scot free because he is a Christian and also because assailants of Christians elsewhere and others like him guilty of spreading inciting divisive false stories had also gone scot free?

Pls quote any inciting statement littering the cyberspace accredited to El-Rufai as claimed, so that we can analyse it together to see how true your allegations against him are.

It would appear as if you too had been pumped up by one of Apostle Suleiman's infamous sermons - "if you see any Fulani herdsman around here, kill him kill him, cut off his head and nothing will happen" or possibly have been misled by the many misleading stories from our so called mainstream and obviously biased southern Christian owned/dominated media, who often are too lazy and unprofessional to verify stories before publishing them.
https://www.nairaland.com/3093656/herdsmen-attack-how-nigerian-newspapers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by nextprince: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Stupidity resides in those that cannot place issues in their correct perspectives; since when did the herdsmen/ community issue in general and the the ongoing one in southern Kaduna become a religious problem that warrants the northern Christians being blanketly labelled as collectively stupid?

Wrong, the murdered woman in Kano was never beheaded, even her husband had repudiated that allegation, so stop spreading lies.

Yes, arrests were made and the alleged attackers prosecuted in court but there was insufficient evidence to convict them - hope you are not expecting the court to still go ahead to convict and sentence them even though they may not have anything to do with the crime, simply because you are baying for their blood.

Audu Maikori made a conscious and deliberate decision to generate false inciting information capable of disturbing the peace, even after his attention had been called with regards to the authenticity of the story; he yet went ahead and stuck to his guns, backing the story as true and furthermore convinced a mainstream newspaper (I think it was Vanguard) to go on and foolishly print such damaging falsehood without verification.

The question you should be asking are as follows:
Did Audu commit a crime or not by spreading such malicious falsehood?
Was it wrong to prosecute him giving the potential harmful impact such misinformation could have on the unity and peaceful co-existence between the warring communities and their sympathisers?
Should he go scot free because others in the past had escaped prosecution?
Should he go scot free because he is a Christian and also because assailants of Christians elsewhere and others like him guilty of spreading inciting divisive false stories had also gone scot free?

Pls quote any inciting statement littering the cyberspace accredited to El-Rufai as claimed, so that we can analyse it together to see how true your allegations against him are.

It would appear as if you too had been pumped up by one of Apostle Suleiman's infamous sermons - "if you see any Fulani herdsman around here, kill him kill him, cut off his head and nothing will happen" or possibly have been misled by the many misleading stories from our so called mainstream and obviously biased southern Christian owned/dominated media, who often are too lazy and unprofessional to verify stories before publishing them.
https://www.nairaland.com/3093656/herdsmen-attack-how-nigerian-newspapers

God bless you for this wonderful piece.

The only stock they have in trade is nothing but lies, lies and more lies which they use in garnishing their mischievous propaganda.

Imagine this kind of lie; cut off a woman head and walk the street holding the severed head and be threatening to do more if given the opportunity, habbbaa! In which country did that happen for God's sake?

I wonder how these people generate, transmit and distribute lies and still go to bed knowing fully well what they have done.

Very unfortunate, to say the least.
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by BetaThings: 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
nextprince:

Imagine this kind of lie; cut off a woman head and walk the street holding the severed head and be threatening to do more if given the opportunity, habbbaa! In which country did that happen for God's sake?

Actually it happened - in Jos
Muslims were brutally murdered and dismembered
Their heads were hung on spikes and paraded publicly with impunity
There are videos of the incident around
If you google, you will see videos on Youtube. They cannot be posted to avoid being banned

Jonathan - that clueless excuse of a president - did nothing about it
Only for him to go before the US Congress about 6 weeks ago and beat his chest about not condoning impunity
I never joined in abusing Jonathan but after that charade in the US, an ex-president!, I am now convinced he was never qualified to be a president
Re: Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday by nextprince: 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2017
BetaThings:

Actually it happened - in Jos
Muslims were brutally murdered and dismembered
Their heads were hung on spikes and paraded publicly with impunity
There are videos of the incident around
If you google, you will see videos on Youtube. They cannot be posted to avoid being banned

Jonathan - that clueless excuse of a president - did nothing about it
Only for him to go before the US Congress about 6 weeks ago and beat his chest about not condoning impunity
I never joined in abusing Jonathan but after that charade in the US, an ex-president!, I am now convinced he was never qualified to be a president

Oh! Really?

But why is it painted as of it is the muslims that carried out such act?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funke Adesiyan's Friend Steals Her Business Idea / Lola Alao Responds To Bisi Ibidapo-obe On Pregnancy Scandal / Chaos as Police Disrupts Ruggedman’s show in China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.