Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! (5710 Views)

Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions / Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 14, 2017
Why did the bible not name the pharaoh? answer they knew egyptians kept records and the events didint happen/cannot be verified. the Bible is a book of scam
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 14, 2017
Gloryfox:
Why did the bible not name the pharaoh? answer they knew egyptians kept records and the events didint happen/cannot be verified. the Bible is a book of scam

Ignorance is a disease. Go through this thread again and enlighten yourself. The scam is you who allowed intelligence and free information on the world wide web to scam you.

2 Likes

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by dalaman: 10:48am On Mar 14, 2017
4everGod:

I said you are unable to reason deeply and that has always been your bane. Have you ever heard of the seal of Ramses and where it was found and how it ended up there? You read to criticize so miss out on vital information. Do you know where the Egyptian wicker baskets were found? Look up updated information up to 2016 and stop spewing predictable ignorance.

Discoveries are ongoing and thank God for the latest one which is this Ramses statue...I am sure that if Ramses was specifically mentioned in the Bible somebody like you would call him a fictitious character...You indeed are a bible critic and nothing more.

Jesters Union!

Bla bla bla. No more works to plagiaze? Shameless plagiarist.

What has the seal of Remeses and where it was found got to do with the faCT that most bible scholars agree that the exodus is non historical? Biblical scholars including Rabbis aND professors of Jewish history have all agreed that the exodus is fictitious, yet an obscued ibgo man that doesn't know what come is in Hebrew is here arguing against it.

Where is it written in the bible that the Israelites were captured as prisoners of war? No historian and Egyptologist , I repeat no historian and Egyptologist will tell you that the Jews built the great cities in ancient Egypt. If you know of any pls drop the person's name. You are shameless.

3 Likes

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by randomperson: 10:48am On Mar 14, 2017
4everGod:

Read your bolded post again and read mine. Did they voluntarily submit themselves to slavery in Egypt? Isolate the word TURNED THEM to slaves. Draw your inference from that.

Confused much? grin grin
So that mean there was war? Am confused here...

1 Like

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by dalaman: 10:50am On Mar 14, 2017
4everGod:

Ignorance is a disease. Go through this thread again and enlighten yourself. The scam is you who allowed intelligence and free information on the world wide web to scam you.

At least he doesn't go about stealing people's work without acknowledging it.

There is nothing to be enlightened about in all the nonsense you plagiarized.

1 Like

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by felixomor: 11:03am On Mar 14, 2017
dalaman:

At least he doesn't go about stealing people's work without acknowledging it.

There is nothing to be enlightened about in all the nonsense you plagiarized.

There is my dear.
You are the only one crying about plagiarism here.

I have been following this thread.
Sorry to say, u have not offered any logical rebuttal nor knowledge in the thread.

Only whining.

2 Likes

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Auki: 11:06am On Mar 14, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
If it written on the assumtion that it depicts what moral values a god somewhere prescribes, it is nothing but wrong.

It's just a tool used for controlling people.

Besides there are better ancient books that doesn't contain violent injunctions... which can help promote peace in our societies.

With due respect, have you read the Qur'an before you arrived at this conclusion?

Tell one Surah(chapter) u read that you are unhappy about.
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by dalaman: 11:08am On Mar 14, 2017
felixomor:

There is my dear.
You are the only one crying about plagiarism here.

I have been following this thread.
Sorry to say, u have not offered any logical rebuttal nor knowledge in the thread.

Only whining.

Sure he plagiarized. But that aside even the work he plagiazed to support his point goes against what the bible stated. In the work he plagiarized it said the saves were conquered in wars. It listed prisoners of wars from various generations that cut across different Egyptian Pharoahs spanning hundreds of years.

This is very contrary to the bible that says. Where does the bible tate that the Israelites were captured as prisoners of war and enslaved in Egypt?

Which historian or Egyptologist claims that the ancient Egyptian cities were built by the Israelites? Can you name any?

The consensus amongst historians and Egyptologist is that the exodus as narrated in the bible is non historical.

2 Likes

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by felixomor: 11:11am On Mar 14, 2017
dalaman:

Sure he plagiarized. But that aside even the work he plagiazed to support his point goes against what the bible stated. In the work he plagiarized it said the saves were conquered in wars. It listed prisoners of wars from various generations that cut across different Egyptian Pharoahs spanning hundreds of years.

This is very contrary to the bible that says. Where does the bible tate that the Israelites were captured as prisoners of war and enslaved in Egypt?

Which historian or Egyptologist claims that the ancient Egyptian cities were built by the Israelites? Can you name any?

The consensus amongst historians and Egyptologist is that the exodus as narrated in the bible is non historical.

Please show me evidence and date of the concensus.

No long stories please.
And Please dont answer my question with question
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by dalaman: 11:16am On Mar 14, 2017
felixomor:

Please show me evidence and date of the concensus.

No long stories please.
And Please dont answer my question with question

I asked you a question first. You are to provide one historian and Egyptologist that is a scholar that agrees that the ancient Jews built the cities of Egypt as claimed by the bible. You are to do that instead of asking silly questions. You are free to plagiarize people's work as well.

1 Like

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by felixomor: 11:28am On Mar 14, 2017
dalaman:

I asked you a question first. You are to provide one historian and Egyptologist that is a scholar that agrees that the ancient Jews built the cities of Egypt as claimed by the bible. You are to do that instead of asking silly questions. You are free to plagiarize people's work as well.

U didnt ask me any question.
U asked the OP...
U claim there is a consensus and yet cant provide evidence?

Are u not a liar?

1 Like

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 14, 2017
dalaman:

So suddenly you cannot provide evidence to your consensus claim kikikikikiki grin grin grin

I ignored your muck about consensus because i felt it was not relevant especially since in your attempt to cover up your lack of knowledge regarding this discussion you kept on regurgitating one word "SHAMELESS" as if that was the conclussion of the matter.

Clearly felixomor thinks otherwise and has asked for proof of this consensus and as expected, in your confusion you assume you were speaking to him and not me when you made your comments regarding bible proof when archaeological proof abound.

Can you answer to this consensus claim you made by showing us your proof?

Dalaman the court Jester...you can never change.

1 Like

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by dalaman: 11:47am On Mar 14, 2017
felixomor:

U didnt ask me any question.
U asked the OP...
U claim there is a consensus and yet cant provide evidence?

Are u not a liar?

I asked you. Check again. Seems you are the one lying.
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by dalaman: 11:49am On Mar 14, 2017
4everGod:

So suddenly you cannot provide evidence to your consensus claim kikikikikiki grin grin grin

I ignored your muck about consensus because i felt it was not relevant especially since in your attempt to cover up your lack of knowledge regarding this discussion you kept on regurgitating one word "SHAMELESS" as if that was the conclussion of the matter.

Clearly felixomor thinks otherwise and has asked for proof of this consensus and as expected, in your confusion you assume you were speaking to him and not me when you made your comments regarding bible proof when archaeological proof abound.

Can you answer to this consensus claim you made by showing us your proof?

Dalaman the court Jester...you can never change.

Just provide the name of one Egyptologist scholar who agrees that the Jews built the ancient cities of Egypt. It shouldn't be a difficult thing. Just name one scholar that is an Egyptologist.

1 Like

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by felixomor: 11:49am On Mar 14, 2017
dalaman:

I asked you. Check again. Seems you are the one lying.

This thread is straight forward and even with pictorial evidence.
The same cant be said of you.

Please provide evidence for your concensus
Or stop making fun of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by dalaman: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2017
felixomor:

This thread is straight forward and even with pictorial evidence.
The same cant be said of you.

Please provide evidence for your concensus
Or stop making fun of yourself.

Pictorial evidence that what? That the ancient Eyptian cities were built by the Israelites or that the Exodus is non historical? Where is the pictorial evidence supporting the exodus as stated in the bible? Where is it? Are you not a liar?

1 Like

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2017
dalaman:

Just provide thename of one Egyptologist scholar who agrees that the Jews built the ancient cities of Egypt. It shouldn't be a difficult thing. Just name one scholar that is an Egyptologist.

Is this the answer to felixomors question? He asked you for proof for your "consensus" yammering or have you forgotten so fast?
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by felixomor: 11:54am On Mar 14, 2017
dalaman:

Pictorial evidence that what? That the ancient Eyptian cities were built by the Israelites or that the Exodus is non historical? Where is the pictorial evidence supporting the exodus as stated in the bible? Where is it? Are you not a liar?

The topic of the thread is straight and simple.
We r still waiting for your own evidence.

Stop throwing non sequitur arguments to distract.
Provide your evidence of concensus
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by dalaman: 11:54am On Mar 14, 2017
4everGod:

Is this the answer to felixomors question? He asked you for proof for your "consensus" yammering or have you forgotten so fast?

Let hi..speak for himself. Where is the name of the Egyptologist? Where was it stated in the biblical narrative that the Jews were captured as prisoners of war and taken to Egypt?

2 Likes

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by felixomor: 11:55am On Mar 14, 2017
dalaman:

Let hi..speak for himself. Where is the name of the Egyptologist? Where was it stated in the biblical narrative that the Jews were captured as prisoners of war and taken to Egypt?

I have spoken
Provide evidence
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by 4evergod3: 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2017
dalaman:

Dalaman you know absolutely nothing about what we are putting down here so just simply walk away. I did warn you that i do a thorough research but you never listen. You on the other hand simply look for information that criticizes the bible and not what holistically looks at it and therein is what makes us different.

I am sure you can read so i want to give you an assignment which comes with a lot of archaeological references. Do yourself some real good by reading this and also referencing the archaeological examples given then come back and speak in an informed manner. Right now you are just a big joke.

On that very interesting website below there are 32 different archaeological references and each with 32 different archaeologists named. Educate yourself and stop infecting people with your ignorance.

http://cojs.org/3200-year-old-picture-of-israelites-found-in-egypt/

1 Like

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by lepasharon(f): 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
The egyptians recorded everything, they didnt record no fvcking slaves
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by felixomor: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
lepasharon:

Hian lipsrsealed
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by 4evergod3: 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
lepasharon:

Can you show me proof of "everything" the Egyptians recorded?

3 Likes

Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Amujale(m): 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
4evergod3:

Can you show me proof of "everything" the Egyptians recorded?

The ancient Egyptians are first or second to the Eastern Asians and or Romans when it comes to keeping their records, and throughout all of ancient Egyptian history there are no records of a Moses character.

Moses is a fictitious character invented by the authors of the Christian bible.
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Amujale(m): 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Rather than validating the Christian bible, the recorded history of Rameses (II) is proof that the Christian bible is fake, false and counterintuituve.
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Amujale(m): 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
A team of archaeologists has discovered a giant 3,000-year-old statue thought to depict Ramses II, in what the Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities is describing as "one of [its] most important archaeological discoveries."

Archaeologists from Egypt and Germany began removing the quartzite statue -- estimated to stand 30 feet tall -- from the ground in Matariya, greater Cairo, in front of state representatives and media crews Thursday.
The find comes at the end of a dig that began in 2012, says Dietrich Raue from the University of Leipzig, who heads the German team of archaeologists involved in the excavation.

"It was in an area that was almost completely investigated," he explains. The team had found basalt bases in the dilapidated courtyard, but nothing more substantial. "We thought [the pit] would be empty without any features... so that was a great surprise."
Minister of Antiquities Khaled al-Anani, who was on site for the unveiling, said the figure is most likely Pharaoh Ramses II, otherwise known as Ozymandias.

No inscriptions on the statue identify it as Ramses II, said Mahmoud Afifi, head of Ancient Egyptian antiquities at the ministry, but its discovery near the gate of a temple dedicated to Ramses II temple makes him the most likely subject. But Raue says although the statue was certainly placed there by Ramses II, the jury is still out on who it depicts.
Much of the temple complex of ancient Heliopolis, where the statue was found, was destroyed in the Greco-Roman period, and antiquities were plundered and sent to Alexandria or Europe. Other building materials were recycled as Cairo reinvented itself in later eras.

Ramses II, a colossus known as the "Great Ancestor" to his descendants, ruled for 66 years from 1279 to 1213 BC as part of Ancient Egypt's 19th dynasty. He conquered swathes of Nubia in modern-day Sudan and Syria.
His exploits have echoed down the ages, inspiring British poet Percy Bysshe Shelley to pen sonnet "Ozymandias" three millennia later in 1818:
"Round the decay / Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare / The lone and level sands stretch far away," Shelley wrote, imagining a Ramses II statue in ruins. But rather than endless desert and the Valley of the Kings, this Ozymandias was retrieved from a pit swamped with groundwater.

The ministry has come under fire on social media and from some news outlets for using a forklift truck to extract part of the statue from the site. Afifi responded by saying the sheer weight of the head was a factor, with Raue confirming the statue had not been damaged in the process.
Archaeologists are still working out how to remove the even larger torso portion of the statue, the ministry adds.
The dig has also uncovered a 31-inch section of a life-sized limestone statue of Ramses II's grandson Seti II. The dig is continuing, and experts hope to uncover more of the Ozymandias statue for restoration.
"I'm rather sure that [the hips and legs] will be there," Raue says, "but the problem is we're in the middle of the city, and the bottom part may be very close to the houses. It would be dangerous to excavate closer to the houses, so probably we will not get the bottom part."
Raue told CNN he doubts a full reconstruction of the face will be possible, though he said fragments of the eyes, crown and lips have been retrieved.
The head and torso will be moved to the Grand Egyptian Museum in Giza, which is due to open in 2018.

For those who do not know, The Ten Commandments (in line with its non-Biblical source material and a fair amount of popular culture) identifies Pharaoh Rameses II, a.k.a. Rameses the Great as the Pharaoh who Opposed Moses during the Exodus

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1fhz_2ncvU

Source:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/10/africa/ramses-ii-ozymandias-statue-cairo/

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/egypt-pharaoh-ramses-statue-discovered-cairo/

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-egypt-archaeology-idUSKBN16G2A2

That's just a pure nonesense.

Rameses (II) is a real historical person.

Moses is a fictitious character.
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Amujale(m): 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
dalaman:

That's due to the fact that the authors of the Christian bible are liars and fakers.

Hence, the Israelite story is false.
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Amujale(m): 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
dalaman:

What has the seal of Remeses and where it was found got to do with the faCT that most bible scholars agree that the exodus is non historical? Biblical scholars including Rabbis aND professors of Jewish history have all agreed that the exodus is fictitious...

Teach!
Re: Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! by Amujale(m): 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
Furthermore, The authors of the Christian bible copied and plagiarised their "Ten Commandments" from the "Fourty-one laws of Maat" and not from the Rameses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? / How God Changed My Genotype From SS To AA...| Favour Orji / Awesome Testimony From A Nairalander I Met About Gods Miraculous Intervention!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.