Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria (34104 Views)

Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Donwizbro(m): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2017
[b][/b]
Badgers14:
What about Nairaland mods

Lalasticlala is making banks banning people left and right grin grin grin

Let me wait here and chop my own ban too grin
[b][quote author=Badgers14 post=54568471]What about Nairaland mods before nkor? Happy banning in advance!

Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 14, 2017
I still don't get how people sit in the comfort of their homes are cook up debatable opinions as facts. Most pastors in Nigeria are struggling. For every multi-millionaire pastor you see on TV there are hundreds or thousands under him managing 50k or less. Same goes for Telecom, Petroleum engineers and everyother profession listed there. Infact some of these professions like PET are so congested that the possibility of getting a job there are 1/100,000.

They're poeple who do relatively unpopular jobs that earn millions a month. I know Igbo business men whose earnings rival politicians and would make Pet Engineers look like shit!
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by femiranking28(m): 7:57am On Mar 14, 2017
Where football
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 14, 2017
geebril:
According to Wikipedia, a job is anythinga person does regularly in exchange for money. We are going to use this definition of a job as the standard definition even as we research and create a list of the highest paying jobs in Nigeria. What may surprise you is that some of these jobs have little or no entry barrier while others are very delicate and require years upon years of training.
In creating this list, we took into
consideration the average annual take home pay for each profession, we considered the delicacy of the tasks they handle and how desired they are in their
place of employment. We also
considered how many millionaires each profession has created. We then narrowed our list by researching and comparing the findings of other researchers. This list may not be precise but it is completely ‘true’.
The ten highest paying jobs in Nigeria
are:

****CEO/BUSINESS MOGUL****

One of the most demanding jobs of our day is the job of the CEO or a business owner. The CEO is answerable for the success or failure of any company.They oversee the company’s operations,
production, marketing and human
resource. Generally, the CEO is the
company. As such they are equally
rewarded for the heavy crown they wear. Median Salary of a CEO is about N40 million.

****PASTOR*****

There is no way around this. Nigerians appreciate their religious leaders —especially pastor's. In fact we idolize them
and shower them with gifts and money.A powerful ‘beginner’ in this circle would take home up to N5 million and ‘established’ names rake in 9 times as much.

*****PETROLEUM ENGINEER*****

The place of the Petroleum Engineer inthe world today is prominent because the world has a high demand for petroleum. These engineers, who design, test and deploy means of extracting petroleum are revered and paid well. An average salary will be N12 million.

****AERONAUTIC ENGINEER****

Aeronautical engineers are ‘airplane engineers’. In Nigeria, their main job is the maintenance of aircrafts technology.Their job is very delicate because the safety of the nation’s aircrafts, military or commercial, rests on their shoulders.The lives and safety of everyday traveler depends on them so aeronautic engineers get up to N11 million.

*****SURGEON*****

Everybody seems to understand why a surgeon needs to be well paid since a surgeon is responsible for identifying patients who requires surgery, perform the operation, and provide patients with care and treatment after the surgery. Since people figuratively and literally ‘lay’ their lives at his table, the surgeon is well compensated and takes about N11 milla too.

*****PILOT******

Choosing who come first between the pilots and the surgeon was hard. Pilots fly planes. They convey people from one location to another in the most delicate means of transportation. They get paid about N9 million.

****TELECOMS ENGINEER****

Telecoms engineers make it possible for you to make calls and browse from your phone. If you know how mobile networks work you will understand why the Telecoms engineer is well-regarded.

*****INVESTMENT BANKER****

Investment bankers manage your
‘happiness and comfort’ as such we reward them proportionately. What price is your happiness?

******MUSICIAN*****

A musician’s job is straightforward: they make music that entertains, informs, shape and sometimes change our ways
of thinking. It is not uncommon to find people idolize musicians like they do religious leaders as such, we pay musicians from N600,000 to N2 million for their presence at our events

*****PROGRAMMERS*****

Programmers are problem solvers.They
figure out how to make computers solve our problems. Programmers are among
the top 5 best paid professions in developed worlds but in naija they are probably the least appreciated financially. They get about N5 million
yearly.

**NOTE: salary figures are stated on per annum basis.

Cc: CrazyMan 1forall
Lol @per annum?
This is a huge joke
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by buchilino(m): 8:03am On Mar 14, 2017
OP U 4GOT 2 ADD POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by caporia: 8:57am On Mar 14, 2017
What about olosho job?
Oil bunkering
Money rituals
And
Bet9ja??
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 14, 2017
POLITICIAN SMARTWIKILEAK grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by savagefinder: 9:01am On Mar 14, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
geebril

Interesting post, But if you are a blogger and didn't just copy this from another site, then this post has the worst structure and arrangement...

Now do you think that anyone would really want to read something as such... I am a health blogger too... and if you check my profile you can see the way I post
if you are that good you should be having your mansion like anty Linda...ur threads do not appease anyone especially with ur fake a$s write ups
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by smartty68(m): 9:14am On Mar 14, 2017
OP are you saying that I should open a church?grincheesy
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Greenbuoy(m): 9:44am On Mar 14, 2017
Monalisa185:
If my course of study (ESTATE MANAGEMENT )is not there, Op your list is incomplete ooo cheesy
That's right! Let 'em know..
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Raziii(m): 9:46am On Mar 14, 2017
OP, topics like this need alot of research. Did you do any research at all? What is the average salary of pastors in Nigeria? You don't just call it a high paying job cos you know one or two people doing well in it. There are some topics that are no go area especially for low budget bloggers.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by freshdude99(m): 9:49am On Mar 14, 2017
solarview:
OK CEO = Entrepreneur (whether private or corporate) grin
Entrepreneurs will always sit on top!
I love what I do cheesy
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by highwaist: 10:26am On Mar 14, 2017
Kidnappers, yahoo boys, politicians and agbero. Is missing in the list. Why?
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by miketayo(m): 10:47am On Mar 14, 2017
nextprince:
geebril, I cannot argue on the pay package of all the professions but I disagree on that of the programmer and indeed, I will tell you they are the highest paid in the world today, Nigeria inclusive.

Leave musical artistes and pastors out of this cos we all know how they roll. Also, "business mogul" is not a profession.

Most of these people parading themselves as programmers cannot even write a simple program in assembly language to blink an LED.

Hundreds of millions of embedded systems are being sold/maintained on daily basis all over the world. The richest countries in the world in terms of state's resources achieved those status owing to their pools of engineers in the field of embedded systems, go and find out.

Programmers r definietely not well paid in Nigeria.. mention 10 Nigerian company that pay its programmers above 500k, but i am sure u can mention 20 companies in developed countries that pays its programmer over $200k/yr
Also not all programmers should know how to code in assembly language, I understand assembly codes doesn't mean i can code in one..once u master 2-3 languages u r good to go.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by nextprince: 11:12am On Mar 14, 2017
miketayo:

Programmers r definietely not well paid in Nigeria.. mention 10 Nigerian company that pay its programmers above 500k, but i am sure u can mention 20 companies in developed countries that pays its programmer over $200k/yr
Also not all programmers should know how to code in assembly language, I understand assembly codes doesn't mean i can code in one..once u master 2-3 languages u r good to go.

I will want to agree with you on the first point that programmers don't earn that much in Nigeria. But actually, this also depends on the level at which programming stops in Nigeria since we don't actually design. What we do mostly is "user specific" modification, which, to me is not different from the job specification of a maintenance officer.

Secondly, the actual programmers are the experts in assembly language coding because microcontrollers are actually encoded in assembly language. The use of translators/compilers for high level languages have limitations.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Uffakowoicho(m): 11:33am On Mar 14, 2017
football or soccer player should top the list abegi tongue
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by hope4life: 11:47am On Mar 14, 2017
Williamso:
This post is so flawed... What's the basis for your research, if any? Can you substantiate your data with facts? Stating the average salary of a petroleum engineer, which by the way is a profession and not a job, as 12mil is grossly misleading at best and simply an alternative fact.
PS., I have many programmer colleagues that make about 5x of what you posted. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

I'm equally surprised. I wanted to ask if the figure is monthly or annual because there are people who earn 4-6m on monthly basis
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by FitnessDoctor: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
savagefinder:
if you are that good you should be having your mansion like anty Linda...ur threads do not appease anyone especially with ur fake a$s write ups

Everyone started from somewhere . and I know that Aunty Linda didn't get her mansion in her first 3 years... My threads are meant to evoke a way of living by telling us that we can be healthier and better than we are today...

Thank you...
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by phemi01(m): 2:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
OLOSHO!
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by miketayo(m): 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2017
nextprince:

I will want to agree with you on the first point that programmers don't earn that much in Nigeria. But actually, this also depends on the level at which programming stops in Nigeria since we don't actually design. What we do mostly is "user specific" modification, which, to me is not different from the job specification of a maintenance officer.

Secondly, the actual programmers are the experts in assembly language coding because microcontrollers are actually encoded in assembly language. The use of translators/compilers for high level languages have limitations.

actual programmers are not experts in assembly languages, by that mark wont abt an actual programmer, the definition of programmer is some who can write computer programs not assembly programs. You can as well say the programmers are the ones that code in computer language.
Even the oxford syllabus for computer science didnt go in depth in assembly language, it all stops at d basics just to give ppl an idea. I doubt bill gates still code in assembly language, some of his engr's maybe
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Mstcambridge: 5:13pm On Mar 14, 2017
Thinking about a career advancement?? Click the link.
http://epistorm.co.uk/index.php/store2/training/ghd-5-01-detail?a_aid=I
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by nextprince: 5:18am On Mar 15, 2017
miketayo:

actual programmers are not experts in assembly languages, by that mark wont abt an actual programmer, the definition of programmer is some who can write computer programs not assembly programs. You can as well say the programmers are the ones that code in computer language.
Even the oxford syllabus for computer science didnt go in depth in assembly language, it all stops at d basics just to give ppl an idea. I doubt bill gates still code in assembly language, some of his engr's maybe

If you read my initial comment on this thread, you will see where I mentioned engineers in embedded systems. These engineers have perfect understanding of the microcontroller architecture, which allows them to manipulate them the way they like.
Note, embedded systems have very little working memories (RAM) and must be optimised. High level programming language cannot achieve this optimisation.

Have you ever wondered why the microcontrollers in the brain boxes of cars cannot be reprogrammed to achieve the original outputs?
Actually, it can be reprogrammed but only by experts in assembly language programming and this is where they have edges over programmers in high level languages. They are the real designers/programmers.

I bet you, an expert in mnemonic cannot be picked from the streets, they are mostly consultants.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by miketayo(m): 5:54am On Mar 15, 2017
nextprince:

If you read my initial comment on this thread, you will see where I mentioned engineers in embedded systems. These engineers have perfect understanding of the microcontroller architecture, which allows them to manipulate them the way they like.
Note, embedded systems have very little working memories (RAM) and must be optimised. High level programming language cannot achieve this optimisation.

Have you ever wondered why the microcontrollers in the brain boxes of cars cannot be reprogrammed to achieve the original outputs?
Actually, it can be reprogrammed but only by experts in assembly language programming and this is where they have edges over programmers in high level languages. They are the real designers/programmers.

I bet you, an expert in mnemonic cannot be picked from the streets, they are mostly consultants.

A programmer is a programmer and that is not an edge, the richest programmers in d world uses HLL. Even very few ppl write assembly codes from scratch these days, there r applications to handle it. No matter how good u r in assembly language a hll programmer ll make more money alot easier than u
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by miketayo(m): 5:55am On Mar 15, 2017
smithpaul3567:
great day for those who subscribe yesterday, today's fixed game is available with 150 odd for 5 people only at 5000 naira only, call or whatsapp 08127987096 to subscribe and get the game ok thanks.

Scam!!!!
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by nextprince: 6:27am On Mar 15, 2017
miketayo:

A programmer is a programmer and that is not an edge, the richest programmers in d world uses HLL. Even very few ppl write assembly codes from scratch these days, there r applications to handle it. No matter how good u r in assembly language a hll programmer ll make more money alot easier than u

I laugh @ the emboldened.

Pls find out the backbone of embedded systems, especially the ones with low bit microcontrollers like 4-bits.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by savagefinder: 8:14am On Mar 15, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Everyone started from somewhere . and I know that Aunty Linda didn't get her mansion in her first 3 years... My threads are meant to evoke a way of living by telling us that we can be healthier and better than we are today...

Thank you...
thank God you know that you are still a learner.. u shouldn't condemn someone straight to the face and use your self as a better example. ur blogs are about health, his are about something else..they don't have the same pattern of approach..
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by miketayo(m): 8:19am On Mar 15, 2017
nextprince:

I laugh @ the emboldened.

Pls find out the backbone of embedded systems, especially the ones with low bit microcontrollers like 4-bits.

and the rest of my statement u agreed to ryt?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.