Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,227 members, 7,839,203 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today (27084 Views)

Sacked Senator Atai Aidoko Ali Defies Court, Attends Senate Plenary / Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by chukel(m): 9:37am On Mar 13, 2017
geosegun:
The man is trying to do the right thing. we must do the right thing by force. Nigerians want the development likened to that of other nations but are not ready to pay the price. Even the developed nations go way back to search and make sure those who cut corners in their dealings pay for it dearly. So this man needs our full support and encouragement.

Youths of nowadays are so gullible and refused to ask reasonable questions and also learn from it. I refused to follow the crowd and the misguided ones. Waht a pity...
may God bless you a million fold

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by walemoney007(m): 9:42am On Mar 13, 2017
Nwachukwu1986:
i think people are suppose to be happy that this man want to sanitize the custom. how dare you import car and you woulkdnt pay for duty and you guys are here shouting. abeg carry on sir, but pls put on ur custom uniform
thrash...how do they let the cars pass through the borders without the necessary document

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by chukel(m): 9:42am On Mar 13, 2017
People really have a warped sense of reasoning. We want him to stamp out corruption in customs. But have we sat back to think that if we decide not to cut corners, there won't be corruption customs. How we do that is by policies like this. Every importer will want to make sure he genuinely pays for duties. Every buyer will want to verify authenticity of custom papers. Then the corrupt custom officer will not find who to have dealings with cos no one wants to cut corners. Truly we are not ready for a better Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Bayou4sure: 9:44am On Mar 13, 2017
Make i do sharperly go collect custom duty papers for my dog..
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by chukel(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2017
This is exactly what Dora akunyili fought in the drug sector and got the nod from most of us. Yet we sentimentally condemn him because of the useless greedy Senate. Let him go full throttle and implement it. This is the best way to stamp out corruption. Believe me it will get to a point that ordinary people like u and I will walk into customs and pay our duties by ourselves or do it even from the comfort of our bedrooms. The awareness will be strong and everybody will now insist on confirming authenticity of custom papers before buying any car. I implore then to create an online portal for transparency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by kabawa(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2017
I stand firm with Hameed Ali cool
Sanity must return back to the Nigeria system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This is the most stupid thing I have heard all year ...This kind of executive recklessness must be frowned upon ..Ali Hammered this exercise will fail in Jesus name
There is no truth in you,you were unable to frowned at executive stealing during Jonathan,were you sleeping?
The order stand,the senate can not do anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Kingspin(m): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2017
This type of exercise only target victims but never solve the real problem. Nigeria need overhaul restructure. The same customs carry out the registration. So who are you gonna blame? The man that one custom officer gave another receipt in custom office. Nigeria is a joke for me.

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 13, 2017
kabawa:
Thank you my brother, we to used to doing wrong thing.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by coputa(m): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2017
jcmaiah:
I will forever miss Jonathan. I have never seen a man that brought failure to a generation in two separate decades
What is Jonathan's sins.What did he do differently from past leaders before him,is it that you expected more from him.He did what all past leaders before him did,so why the hate.Do you even know that the little successes achieved by this administration was built on the template Jonathan placed on ground.
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by deking(m): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2017
Many Nigerians really are only against corruption as long as it doesn't affect them. Truth is this is the way to go to bring sanity back into the system. Nigerians should focus on assisting the custom with ideas that will make the process effective and transparent.

People say was it not the customs that allowed it to pass through before, but the reality and truth is it is not the same custom. While the name remains the leadership is different.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by deking(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2017
iboboyswag:
Good morning,

The D-day is here... I will be live at the customs zonal headquarters in Lagos and will give you feedbacks as they occur. It is expected that the exercise will commence today but let us just keep our fingers crossed and watch this space.

Note: We are still assisting with confirming the validity of your custom duty paper and processing of valid customs duty for any defaulting vehicle.

I can be reached on 07035916733.

Best Regards.

Hello Friend,

Seeing most car owners would have misplaced their custom papers especially for cars bought around a decade ago or through dealers.

Are you able to verify with the VIN number of the car.
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by dokyOloye: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2017
geosegun:
The man is trying to do the right thing. we must do the right thing by force. Nigerians want the development likened to that of other nations but are not ready to pay the price. Even the developed nations go way back to search and make sure those who cut corners in their dealings pay for it dearly. So this man needs our full support and encouragement.

Youths of nowadays are so gullible and refused to ask reasonable questions and also learn from it. I refused to follow the crowd and the misguided ones. Waht a pity...
U are simply not well versed in d issue under discussion.
If any car on d road hasn't it duties paid in full or not paid at all,it is d active connivance of custom officials on d ports,roads and d car dealers/importers.
Now,when customs starts this wahala they want to,it is d innocent buyer who bought a car at d car stand wt d assumption that d correct thing was done that will be in d receiving end.
Custom officials collect bribes in d ports and highways and let d car reach a car stand in say Enugu,then a buyer will buy at d prevailing market price only for d same customs to start harrasing d innocent buyer.
Understand now?
That is what d senators are saying,that innocent car owners shouldn't be d ones paying d price for d corrupt acts of custom agents/officials .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by kayti(m): 10:08am On Mar 13, 2017
i don't blame him,when law enforcement officers are not loyal to the constitution and the rule of law but loyal to the president and some political Godfathers.
Take for example the travel ban issued initially by the US government,it took effect immediately with law enforcement officer carrying out the order and also when the ban was suspended by the court,immediately also took effect with law enforcement officials which shows they are loyal to the rule of law and the constitution.
imagine one CG of CUSTOMS defying the SENATE what impunity.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by iboboyswag(m): 10:10am On Mar 13, 2017
deking:

Hello Friend,

Seeing most car owners would have misplaced their custom papers especially for cars bought around a decade ago or through dealers.

Are you able to verify with the VIN number of the car.

It is almost impossible.... some people have said they can do it but I assure you that the likelihood of it being possible is very slim. What I know is possible is if you have any other document pertaining to the clearing of the vehicle from the ports ( be it the SGD, Custom valuation etc) I can take it up from there and get you a detailed report.

P.s: Most dealers citing missing documents don't have them, never did. Always insist on complete and verified documents before parting with your cash..... the stress most times is not worth the risk.

Best Regards.
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by bakynes(m): 10:11am On Mar 13, 2017
zeestunner:
Sentiment aside how you go goo buy car without original custom duty papers? Do we want the ills of this country corrected or we should just continue being lawless. As educated as most of us claim to be ,u go dealership go buy car dem give u papers wey no complete u carry go house now them de ask u to correct that error u de vex, dem even give u 60 percent discount self o. U see wats
wrong is wrong the man is just doing his job. Nigeria lost soo much cash as a result of this do u know wat these monies would have been used for? Ina wey de talk una fit drive an imported cars for yankee or anywhere else wey no get original custom duty and go free. Lets support this man atleast his trying to correct the ill in one sector. Next time if ina wan buy anything make sure ina collect complete papers stop so stop blaming ali go blame who sell car for u without complete papers and ur dullness
See nobody is against correcting the wrongs and stamping out corruption but this is not the way to go about it. Customs already failed in their duties in the first place by allowing vehicles into the country without issuing customs papers,by also allowing dealers sell cars to consumers without custom papers Now you want to go out on the street harassing every Car owner.

So people with cars as far back as 2011 will still have to be paying for customs paper doesn't make sense if you ask me. It is them who failed in their duties not the people so don't bring hardship upon the people with your own mistakes and corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by kayti(m): 10:21am On Mar 13, 2017
i expect that the action of the CG of CUSTOMS should receive condemnations from every angle,irrespective of whether what he is trying to do is right or not he should respect the rule of law and try to present his case fairly and convince the SENATE.if he refused to show up and he still goes ahead with his plan to collect such duties then the SENATE should issue a warrant of arrest because he is not above the law period.

3 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Charly68: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2017
The man behaves like a military in a civilian era..but what baffled me is that his likes went to school & they understood democracy . This are the people spoiling Buhari's govt . Tyrants has not place in a modern day Nigeria. His refusal to listen to the voice of reasoning will put his tenure in doom.

3 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by leanalyst: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2017
Now on to the senate. Let's see how the senate reacts to this gross see finish.
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Halo22: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2017
What is wrong with some people? So with all these hardship and penury in the land, this man still wants to bring this his yeye custom duty again..... May his policy never hold ground in Jesus name!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by nextprince: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2017
islandmoon:
he should go ahead, custom has been impounding registered cars in the south west before now, its not new, let them extend it to every other part of Nigeria, the custom duty paper is not valued in the north, there was I time i wanted to sell a car, I bragged about it having original custom paper and they said, its useless, they said they can get it for 2000 Naira and I was dumbfounded, I couldnt sell the car, because other guys had the at lower price on car stand because they do not pay duty.

The short and long of this post is that it will affect North the most and the policy is being made and implemented by a Northerner, so why the foaming?
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by nextprince: 10:30am On Mar 13, 2017
kayti:
i expect that the action of the CG of CUSTOMS should receive condemnations from every angle,irrespective of whether what he is trying to do is right or not he should respect the rule of law and try to present his case fairly and convince the SENATE.if he refused to show up and he still goes ahead with his plan to collect such duties then the SENATE should issue a warrant of arrest because he is not above the law period.

Has The Senate invited him? Or do you invite the head of a parastatal through Newspapers or radio/TV?
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by SalamRushdie: 10:33am On Mar 13, 2017
[quote author=AntiIPOB post=54539593]There is no truth in you,you were unable to frowned at executive stealing during Jonathan,were you sleeping?
The order stand,the senate can not do anything.[/quote

Fool don't speak like you know me because you don't..For your info I was among the idiots that voted in Ur very useless Buhari and Today I regret it
..keep celebrating idiocy ok

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by nextprince: 10:37am On Mar 13, 2017
deking:
Many Nigerians really are only against corruption as long as it doesn't affect them. Truth is this is the way to go to bring sanity back into the system. Nigerians should focus on assisting the custom with ideas that will make the process effective and transparent.

People say was it not the customs that allowed it to pass through before, but the reality and truth is it is not the same custom. While the name remains the leadership is different.

The best comment so far.

All these ones asking for the head of the Customs boss are guilty of those sharp practices.
They can continue to grumble, but they have up to 12 April to update their papers, nonsense.
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:37am On Mar 13, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

The Senate can't sack him
But they can use him right?
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by nextprince: 10:39am On Mar 13, 2017
[quote author=SalamRushdie post=54541141][/quote]

You, voted Bubu?

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by nextprince: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2017
AntiIPOB:
There is no truth in you,you were unable to frowned at executive stealing during Jonathan,were you sleeping?
The order stand,the senate can not do anything.

Gbam
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by SalamRushdie: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2017
nextprince:

You, voted Bubu?

Yes I did ..His failures made me to hate him
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by nextprince: 10:42am On Mar 13, 2017
kabawa:

Proper sanity, bro. The guilty are already bleating upandan.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This is the most stupid thing I have heard all year ...This kind of executive recklessness must be frowned upon ..Ali Hammered this exercise will fail in Jesus name

LOL son of illegality hahaha...

pay your duty os loose your cars, You want govt to fulfill her promise but don't want to fulfill your part..

In Hamed ali i trust..
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by nextprince: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Yes I did ..His failures made me to hate him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rabiu Yusuf Is Dead / Four Oyo Amotekun Operatives In intensive Care After Clash With Hoodlums / Video Of Vice President Osinbajo And Governor Ortom At Air Force Base Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.