Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? (16489 Views)

At What Age Did You Make Your First N100,000? / "Don't Ever Take No For An Answer" - Pretty Lady Says After Getting A Job.Photos / 5 Things Every Job Seeker Must Do Before Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Jasiro: 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2017
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by glimpse(f): 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
6 years o, although no job yet, I am hopeful. My hope ain't frail. #iBelieve

2 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Jasiro: 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2017
sixtus3606:
brother, I no go lie you. e no dey take me highest 2months, I get a new job. it's so easy. na you just dey delay yourself

Nwanne connect your guy naa, i'm happy for you, what's the secret?

2 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by NONNYG: 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2017
3 months
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by patiencezee(f): 10:04pm On Mar 13, 2017
3 years, still no job... still hopeful
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by vuc1(m): 10:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
3 months after NYSC.God has been faithful.God loves everyone of us its not about how long one stayed before getting a job its about God's plan for us.To many folks out there without no job yet trust me when the job comes you'll realise there's a reason behind the long wait and lessons to learn from it.Don't be discouraged.

8 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
This is a very serious post! It looks funny but the comment thus far has shown the level of hardship graduate go through before securing work. Yes, work and not even job.

The market is highly competitive and these days, it goes beyond having a good grade. Graduate must learn to network while in school and during service year. Be sensitive to opportunities and never stop learning till you get your most desired job even after keep learning.

One thing I am certain about is that I have not seen a thoroughly diligent graduate that will suffer for too long. There will always be a way.

Be truthful to yourself as that would help you go far. When you aren't working as a professional in an organization, you haven't got a job as a graduate. Pls never settle for less. Customer Service Executive, Front desk Executive are highly executive but don't get overwhelmed with such title and forget you still have a great journey ahead.

The bitter truth is that the market is too competitive for you not to have something to bring to the table. If you discover your background doesn't have enough market value, switch career early. invest in the new career you wish to dive into. ICAN, CIPM etc. are great professional courses for people that studied Yoruba, Political Science, Botany etc. and are complaining of no jobs. Just find a way to keep moving. No one promised it will be easy. We just have to do it and make sure our children don't suffer what we have suffered.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 13, 2017
Fuadeiza:
Entrepeneurship ........... I believe we should start looking into becoming an entrepeneur
Capital.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 13, 2017
4months after POP

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by tmcleo2k2(m): 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
4 months
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by sholay2011(m): 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2017
kachi08:

Please don't take it personal. What is wrong about my testimony? We're all Christians... Fine but that doesn't not mean we have same believe. Besides, destiny differs. I never said that people's without job are not God's people please. I don't like it when people accuse me wrongly. May God bless us all..... AMEN
I apologize if my post sounded like I was accusing you. But you just have to be sensitive with your words in a thread where you know people are clearly in 'worse' situations than a 3-month wait. It doesn't mean that you have the intention of hurting people with your post nonetheless.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Folabimi(m): 10:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
One month if you consider npower to be a job

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by sorzy1(m): 10:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
kachi08:
I got mine 3months after NYSC. God never disappoint his people.....May His name be praised.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Eshinery(m): 10:30pm On Mar 13, 2017
sixtus3606:
sincerely, Eshinery...I don work for more than 6 different organization since 2007. however, I think I am okay at my current place of work(bank), cos' I work as graphic artiste, thus giving me a cutting edge to develope myself creatively.

I have no regret securing the job.

send me a PM, I could link you up with someone.

I hope you're in Lag?
thank you bros you can add me on watsapp with 08091662850 I will apprec8 your assistance
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by menwongo(m): 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
kayusre:
Abi oh#got a job immediately after nysc but no be job,na work
Hahahaha 9ja we hail thee!
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Fuadeiza(m): 10:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
comshots:
Capital.

loan from bank, grants from family and friends....if the business idea is a good one.... And also has high probability of becoming a success..... I dont think it should be too hard to get capital
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by menwongo(m): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2017
Most people saying one day, one week, one month or one year my brother and sister graduates job comes with comfort in office, pay and leaves.
Never think a work of less than #80,000 as a graduate is job!

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by AntiNigerian: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
if you want to be rich, be self employed! angry

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Laurettalolo(f): 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
I got job after 7 months I finished NYSC, MY god is faithful, it's not by my own making but by God's grace,. thank you Jesus

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

What?!, Which course you study bikonou

Bro na chemistry o
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by femi4: 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2017
9months
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by CellTabRepairs: 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
Does it matter? Just never stay idle because you are expecting a call for interview. Show initiative!

Are you looking for a job? Between 18-50 yrs?Are U a graduate or secondary school leaver?Are u retired, sacked or tired of salary work? You want a biz with high returns, skill as capital, lowest startup costs? ■Make average N5k-10k - Up to 30k or more daily■Meet high net worth individuals[opportunities]
■Grow in IT knowledge■Be highly sought after [Money looking for u].■Employ others!

Just Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!

Don't SPEND 1 yr waiting for a job!
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
1 year 2 months
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Teawhy2011: 11:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
naijaboy756:
correct ur English and ask again....Spent/ Spend

Mr man,the correct one is 'spend' NOT 'spent'.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Teawhy2011: 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
Do you want to write and speak an error-free English Language,call or whatsapp on :08065019331 for ur online /home coaching @ affordable charge
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Teawhy2011: 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
Do you want to write and speak an error-free English Language? Call or whatsapp on :08065019331 for ur online /home coaching @ affordable charge
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2017
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
1 year and 4months after NYSC
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by onyiiella(f): 11:46pm On Mar 13, 2017
2 years and still counting . praying for money to come so that I will fly out..
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Rebuke: 12:05am On Mar 14, 2017
onyiiella:
2 years and still counting . praying for money to come so that I will fly out..

Habba, fly out to look for job? Lols.

Why not invest that money into a good bizness whn it comes n be an employer of labor sef?

Yhu need over 1mll to make dat move...hope yhu know?

Ghana, Cameron na outside too sha. Flyn or walkn there no cost much.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by komzy589(m): 12:06am On Mar 14, 2017
sixtus3606:
brother, I no go lie you. e no dey take me highest 2months, I get a new job. it's so easy. na yp u just dey delay yourself
Dude we 're not talking about every kind of job here. We know say u na agent of casual jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikeja Electric (electrical/electronic Engineering Position) 2017 Invitation For / 90% Of First Batch N-power Beneficiaries Have BVN Clearance – Presidency / 5 Basics Steps To Update CV Successfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.