Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? (16505 Views)

At What Age Did You Make Your First N100,000? / "Don't Ever Take No For An Answer" - Pretty Lady Says After Getting A Job.Photos / 5 Things Every Job Seeker Must Do Before Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by tall2ce(m): 1:00am On Mar 14, 2017
sholay2011:

I am a Christian like you and also believe the emboldened but you should learn to apply wisdom. Are you implying those that didn't get job early are not God's people? Be sensitive please; you never know who is reading the thread.

And before you come at me, I got a (6-figure salary) job one month before I finished my NYSC. All glory to God.
epic reply

2 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by tall2ce(m): 1:04am On Mar 14, 2017
3months but not satisfied.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by olucrownstar(m): 1:07am On Mar 14, 2017
3 year and few month
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 14, 2017
NLsince2010:
7 years, still no job cry
7 years, no job, still waiting for government abi? Well done
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 14, 2017
comshots:
Life of a Nigerian youth
1.You will start primary school at 5 or 6.

2.You will finished at 12 and gain admission into a secondary school.

3.You will graduate,if you don't repeat a class or 2,at 18.

4.You will graduate at 18 and write jamb 1,2,3,4 or 5 times.

5.You will gain admission into the university at either 20 or 22.

Na here school wahala start.
6.After you gain admission into the university you will begin to struggle to meet up with one school project or the other,lecturers handouts,feeding,accommotion,etc .All these requires funding.

7.If you have manager to accomplish them,lecturers will demand wage increase or strike from fg.

8.If fg didn't fulfill it lecturers will go on strike.

9.Student will remain at home for month or years,pending when government fulfill it promise.

10.After 2 or 3 years at home government will partially agreed to lecturers condition.

11.That is,another year have added to your age.

12.Instead of spending 4 years in school you will spend like 8 years due to incessant strike in the university.

13.If you now calculate all those years you spent plus your NYSC you don reach 35.

14.You will now be looking for job here and there for another 3 years.

Wetin come remain to enjoy for this life?

Big lie, may God forgive you

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by wink2015(m): 1:28am On Mar 14, 2017
Eshinery:
please no insult, mine is four and still counting...baba God answer my call o!

I think I spent about one year before I landed a job. but it is not one of those big paying standard company it is just a one man business outfit that pay peanut.

so the kind of job I got is classified as a kind of under-employment in economics where I work with a first degree and got paid a school certificate holder salary.

But as a fresh graduate as at then it gave me some experience into the business world.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by tripoli007(m): 3:13am On Mar 14, 2017
Make Una better go learn yahoo low key grin
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Raphtop(m): 3:32am On Mar 14, 2017
five years and still no job, hopefully baba God will pick up my call soonest

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 5:19am On Mar 14, 2017
6 years. tough but rewarding. Looking back, I have no regrets about those 6 years. I learnt perseverance, alternatives, self-reliance.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by femijohn21(m): 6:13am On Mar 14, 2017
naijaboy756:
correct ur English and ask again....Spent/ Spend

YOU DON'T USE DID and SPENT together.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by blesoh(f): 6:30am On Mar 14, 2017
5yrs and still counting, I ve given up, already managing my small business
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Cutehector(m): 6:32am On Mar 14, 2017
blesoh:
5yrs and still counting, I ve given up, already managing my small business
eya.. You will succeed and expand in your business amen..

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by QuietHammer(m): 6:33am On Mar 14, 2017
kachi08:
I got mine 3months after NYSC. God never disappoint his people.....May His name be praised.
So all those who haven't gotten jobs years after graduating are not God's people
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Cutehector(m): 6:33am On Mar 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

7 years, no job, still waiting for government abi? Well done
lol cmon.. Dat u have a job don't mean u should castigate others... Be careful, or that which you think you have will be taken away from you

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 14, 2017
Cutehector:
lol cmon.. Dat u have a job don't mean u should castigate others... Be careful, or that which you think you have will be taken away from you

undecided
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Cutehector(m): 7:11am On Mar 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

sad
whether you like it or not, that's a fact...
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 14, 2017
Cutehector:
whether you like it or not, that's a fact...

I wasn't castigating him, I was simply trying to make him see his mistake. Government may fail us but we shouldn't fail ourselves na. 7 years is no joke and while waiting, I think he could have learned a skill for 6mths to a year then use it to earn a living or am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Cutehector(m): 7:25am On Mar 14, 2017
You are so not wrong. But if you want him to learn a skill, u give him money to do so.. His parents might not be in a position to.

We can't be advising people upandan when we can't even help them.. Even Jesus after preaching to the 5000 knew they were hungry and he provided assistance.

Do you think your advise will make meaning in his life if you can't help him?

I am so in his situation right now and people like finalboss, have done well in assisting people with soft cash to help den start a skill.. Even as am writing to you, someone just offered me free training in beauty making. So it really goes a long way. Even if its 5000naira, its something..

Thanks so much for your understanding
Pidgin2:

I wasn't castigating him, I was simply trying to make him see his mistake. Government may fail us but we shouldn't fail ourselves na. 7 years is no joke and while waiting, I think he could have learned a skill for 6mths to a year then use it to earn a living or am I wrong?

2 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by 1metre: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

u are wrong brother, it's not always the way u think.u don't know what people are passing through. He may not hv that money for those short courses

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 14, 2017
Cutehector:
You are so not wrong. But if you want him to learn a skill, u give him money to do so.. His parents might not be in a position to.

We can't be advising people upandan when we can't even help them.. Even Jesus after preaching to the 5000 knew they were hungry and he provided assistance.

Do you think your advise will make meaning in his life if you can't help him?

I am so in his situation right now and people like finalboss, have done well in assisting people with soft cash to help den start a skill.. Even as am writing to you, someone just offered me free training in beauty making. So it really goes a long way. Even if its 5000naira, its something..

Thanks so much for your understanding

I will not forget you when I see an opportunity for people to learn new skills, I will mention your moniker
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Cutehector(m): 7:33am On Mar 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

I will not forget you when I see an opportunity for people to learn new skills, I will mention your moniker
thank you so much.. I really appreciate
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by nkemjacob2(m): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2017
una sure say na better job una get soooo. if u re under-employ u neva get job o.. since 3yrs no job as for me

2 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by announcement: 7:55am On Mar 14, 2017
naijaboy756:
correct ur English and ask again....Spent/ Spend

My guy I believe he is correct except for the " years" it should be "YEAR" and not "YEARS"
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by shidof(m): 8:08am On Mar 14, 2017
5 months and still searching
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2017
Fuadeiza:

loan from bank, grants from family and friends....if the business idea is a good one.... And also has high probability of becoming a success..... I dont think it should be too hard to get capital
Like say he easy.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

Big lie, may God forgive you
Counter it.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2017
comshots:
Life of a Nigerian youth
1.You will start primary school at 5 or 6.

2.You will finished at 12 and gain admission into a secondary school.

3.You will graduate,if you don't repeat a class or 2,at 18.

4.You will graduate at 18 and write jamb 1,2,3,4 or 5 times.

5.You will gain admission into the university at either 20 or 22.

Na here school wahala start.
6.After you gain admission into the university you will begin to struggle to meet up with one school project or the other,lecturers handouts,feeding,accommotion,etc .All these requires funding.

7.If you have manager to accomplish them,lecturers will demand wage increase or strike from fg.

8.If fg didn't fulfill it lecturers will go on strike.

9.Student will remain at home for month or years,pending when government fulfill it promise.

10.After 2 or 3 years at home government will partially agreed to lecturers condition.

11.That is,another year have added to your age.

12.Instead of spending 4 years in school you will spend like 8 years due to incessant strike in the university.

13.If you now calculate all those years you spent plus your NYSC you don reach 35.

14.You will now be looking for job here and there for another 3 years.

Wetin come remain to enjoy for this life?

I will counter this post for the purpose of some people who might be misled by this poster

1) Many kids start primary school at 4 years, there's no fixed age to start school

2) Many kids finish primary school by 9 or 10, I have even seen some at 8 so poster take note. Also, if you take a survey of the ages of children in Jss 1(in the southern region) you will see that it is mostly between 10 and 11, 12 is a bit old for urban areas

3) Finish secondary school at 18? It seems you are not current at all or maybe you are talking about people living rural areas, in most urban centers kids finish by 16.

4) Write jamb 5 times? By the third time of writing jamb such a person should consider using the money he or she is paying for jamb form to learn a skill (western education is not for everyone, sometimes one's talent lies elsewhere)

5) Gain admission into University by 22, come on, these days most people graduate by that age

6) This will happen if you are from a poor home or maybe your parents are struggling but what of those from middle class to wealthy homes, they are also Nigerians too na

7) Please when was the last time this happened in Nigeria? Also remember that some people attend private Universities and it never happens there

cool I ask again, when was the last time lecturers went on strike and for how long?

9) Refer to question in 7 and 8

10) Nawao, when last did students in government universities spend 2 to 3 years at home na? Chai, you no get conscience?

11) Repetition

12) Chai, instead of 4 years you will spend 8 years? Abeg which school has this happened in recent times, which year, I'm waiting for your response

13) Graduating by 35?? This will happen if you entered University by 30 or 31, and it depends on your course, please stop the lies, stop tarnishing your country's image with fake stories
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by obicaddy(m): 9:19am On Mar 14, 2017
3 months nw and no Job. Still trusting on God though.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by adeoba2008(m): 9:33am On Mar 14, 2017
2 years.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Ademat7(m): 9:45am On Mar 14, 2017
sixtus3606:
sincerely, Eshinery...I don work for more than 6 different organization since 2007. however, I think I am okay at my current place of work(bank), cos' I work as graphic artiste, thus giving me a cutting edge to develope myself creatively.

I have no regret securing the job.

send me a PM, I could link you up with someone.

I hope you're in Lag?
I go like know what a graphic artist does in a bank: I ft PM u?

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by Mambox: 9:51am On Mar 14, 2017
3months but stayed at home for 7mobths when I lost the job before getting another.
Re: How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? by kachi08(m): 4:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
sholay2011:

I apologize if my post sounded like I was accusing you. But you just have to be sensitive with your words in a thread where you know people are clearly in 'worse' situations than a 3-month wait. It doesn't mean that you have the intention of hurting people with your post nonetheless.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Zenithbank About To Recruit? / N-power Oyo State 2017 Thread / FREE Cover Letter Template For Job Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.