Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform (32758 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos / Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by kindex(m): 10:24pm On Mar 14, 2017
akinsadeez:

In the morning he wrote a letter that he could not attend the Senate's sitting because he had a meeting scheduled for the same day. The same evening he wrote a letter that he won't be able to attend because he is bereaved. undecided undecided

He is even advising the senate to go and read the law on whether they can compel him to appear in uniform. I have never seen a police IGP who goes around wearing agbada. I have also never seen a chief of army staff who goes around in suit and tie. This guy is the first person I will see who wants to head an institution but doesn't want to identify with the institution's dress code.
my brother the matter tire me oooo... If he don't want to show his logo why eating the money.... The guy na MALUUUUU
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by Lecturebidz(m): 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
[quote author=allrightsir post=54592825][/quote]
When has the white man become the primus superius stereotype,the snake on the poll to watch and Live? Why must some nyoggos use every opportunity to peel off & rekindle this drying wound about the state of the nation? Get the Bleep out with thy inferior complex!!!
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by GreatZaza(m): 11:19pm On Mar 14, 2017
so because they are not putting on uniform, we should now follow everything they do. is just like you saying that we should leave our custom/tradition and become gay because the this of that country is Gay. My friend Nigeria is a sovereign state and that man should respect the institution he found himself.
Plz we as Nigerian's should deviate from the habit of sprinkling copy and paste in anything regarding our country and it's institutions. Nice write up though
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by YungG(m): 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
pls the man no get the uniform before o o, so as matter don dey serious now, e wan use style sow the clothe dis nite against tomorrow morning for Senate appearance.
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by babygal2000: 11:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
JoNach:
Them no dey tell blind man say " rain dey fall". Body go tell am.
This man is up to the task. He is no match to the thieving senaTors.
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by NemzySeries(m): 11:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
rubbish man, if u like ur papa & mama wit ur bare hands u must wear dat uniform
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by Deepfreezer(m): 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
transient123:

See me see wahala, did you just say Magu? Chai, painment isn't a friendly dosage.
hahhahha
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 15, 2017
`
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by deolu2000(m): 12:28am On Mar 15, 2017
They should just sack this pompus man already, whats the big deal about wearing uniform? When some ppl are ready to wear the uniform 24/7 without pulling it off if given the opportunity.
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by erico2k2(m): 12:36am On Mar 15, 2017
The only difference is, they where not ordered to appear i n uniform , if they where they would obey as their country aint the zoo like Nigeria, Thats the simple truth.
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by erico2k2(m): 12:43am On Mar 15, 2017
seguntijan:
Description: U.S. Customs and Border Protection Deputy Commissioner Kevin K. McAleenan , right...(He is not on uniform too like his Canadian counterpart), looks on as opening remarks are delivered as he testifies before the House Committee on Homeland Security in a hearing focused on closing pathways for terrorists enter the U.S. in Washington, D.C., September 14, 2016.
Source: https://commons.m.wikime
dia.org/wiki/File:U.S._Custom
s_and_Border_Protection_Deputy
_Commissioner_Kevin_K._McAleen
an_looks_on_as_opening_remarks
_are_delivered_as_he_testifies
_before_the_House_Committee_on
_Homeland_Security.jpg
where they asked to wear thier uniforms?
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by GNwafor(m): 2:19am On Mar 15, 2017
It is not a surprise to me.

It is only in Nigeria you pick a lawyer and make him Minister of Power, Works & Housing, Petroleum. That somebody was a governor for 8 years, does that mean that he has the policy-making skills and EXPERIENCE to lead a government ministry, no wonder the aviation sector is in crisis and shamble. It can only happen in Nigeria. Anyways, that's a story for another day.

Back to the story:

He should have known that part of his responsibilities is not only generating revenue for the Government but making sure he is in the proper dress code (regalia) - it is part of the oath he swore during his swearing in.

He should learn from the Commandant of Nigerian Civil Defence Corps, Nigerian Immigration Service, Nigerian Prisons, Nigeria Peace Corps, Federal Road Safety - which are also paramilitary.

The Comptroller -General of Customs felt that by being a former military officer, that his former military regalia is more superior and respectful when compared to the Nigerian Customs Service (which is a paramilitary entity).

But my question is why did he take the job. It is high time these former military men know that this is not 1982, this is 2017 (21st century), and we are now in a constitutional democracy, hence, "Vox Populi, Vox Dei", that is "the voice of the people is the voice of God"

Even though his appointment is the prerogative of the President, the National Assembly is mandated by the same Constitution (that gave the President powers to appoint) to also provide oversight on all the Ministries, Government Agencies & MDAs, in the interest of the Tax-Payers (the masses).

Feeling that he is a former military officer means nothing.

He MUST start wearing Nigeria Customs Service regalia.

The policy he has rolled out will by and large increase in a geometrical progression the Misery Index of Nigerians. It is an anti-people policy meant to favour car dealers.

He should reform the Nigeria Customs Services -

1. Block all areas of smuggling into the country
2. Reduce the import duties and rates - we are a population of about 180 million - hence by reducing import duties, he will still meet his budgetary revenue target by volume.
3. Sanitize Nigeria Customs - It is among the most corrupt agencies of Government in Nigeria. This can be done by blocking loopholes of corruption in the system - creating a "real-time"web-based platform that will manage all issues of cargo clearing, import duty payments, tracking of licence issuance, vehicle insurance, driving licence, biometric validation and authentication, etc. It is possible, it can be done, but the corrupt officers - both serving and retired who benefit from the corrupt practices will not let these happen. Shame to Nigeria.

We are in a big mess in Nigeria. God will help us, but Nigerians must begin to speak out, to take positive actions, to write against all these barbaric government policies.

This is just like the recent judgment at Lagos (between Coca-Cola and a Lagos businessman, Dr Emmanuel Fijabi Adebo and his company Fijabi Adebo Holdings Limited against NBC and NAFDAC) about Coca-Cola producing Sprite and Fanta that contains excessive levels of “Sunset Yellow and benzoic acid” which are unsafe for human consumption and cancerous. And in the midst of all these, we have the National Agency For Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON), Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH).

What is even more worrisome and heart-breaking is for Coca-Cola (NBC) through her lawyer to openly declare in court that "the Fanta and Sprite are meant for local distribution and consumption, as it does not produce for export".

No wonder the judge declared, "It is manifest that NAFDAC has been grossly irresponsible in its regulatory duties to the consumers of Fanta and Sprite manufactured by NBC".

Read it up: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/03/14/court-scolds-nafdac-over-nbc-products/

Shame to Irresponsible Nigeria Government Agencies

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:54am On Mar 15, 2017
His mistake was waiting till the 11th hour before seeking legal clarification on the issue; if I were him I would have done so well before taking the decision to resist them.
If he should now find out that he is legally obliged to wear the uniform then he would have placed himself in the difficult position of having to publicly back down and therefore lose face - for a very proud man like him; well that's a very hefty price to pay and a foolish uncalculated gamble.
I have heard that he and Saraki have had a close door meeting; hopefully both of them may have worked out a formula giving each of the warring parties a soft landing out of this unfortunate quagmire.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by Jabioro: 5:00am On Mar 15, 2017
Moahmed:
Note he is not Fulani but Igala from kogi state.
Thanks a lot.. morning
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by saintjoel(m): 5:11am On Mar 15, 2017
seguntijan:
Description: U.S. Customs and Border Protection Deputy Commissioner Kevin K. McAleenan , right...(He is not on uniform too like his Canadian counterpart), looks on as opening remarks are delivered as he testifies before the House Committee on Homeland Security in a hearing focused on closing pathways for terrorists enter the U.S. in Washington, D.C., September 14, 2016.
_Homeland_Security.jpg

Appearing before the United States of American Senate in uniform.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by saintjoel(m): 5:16am On Mar 15, 2017
seguntijan:
_Homeland_Security.jpg

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 15, 2017
There's could be legal issues afterall. It is like the Senate compelling a civilian staff of Defence Headquarters to wear military uniform. The lawmakers should be advised on some of their actions.
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by babson123: 5:31am On Mar 15, 2017
the Nigeria senate is expecting disgrace very soon, because they proof uncontrollable

1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by petra1(m): 5:31am On Mar 15, 2017
What has being bereaved got to do with summon?
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by emi14: 5:56am On Mar 15, 2017
Is boko haram hiding under the uniform? Wasting time and money for legal update.
I pity Nigeria and it's arrogant leadership.
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by emi14: 5:58am On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=saintjoel post=54599498][/quote]

You can only compare Nigeria and American on wearing of uniform. Is boko haram hidden in the uniform? Very thing Na wahala
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by saintjoel(m): 6:10am On Mar 15, 2017
I've been licensed agent for almost seven years and as agents, we tend to know about the custom and excise law because of some aspects that concerns importation a d exportation.

The Nigerian custom is subject to a board headed by the Federal minister of finance.

**** Please note that the federal Ministry of finance prepares the tariff used by the  Nigerian Customs at the border and the CG is also subject to the Minister.

***** COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD

NIGERIIA CUSTOMS SERVICE BOARD

An Act to establish the Nigerian Customs Service Board and for matters connected therewith.

[1992 No. 45.1993 No. 77.]

[1st June,1992] [Commencement.]

PART I

Establishment and composition of the Nigerian Customs Service Board

1. Establishment of the Nigerian Customs Service Board

(1) There is hereby established under the control of the Federal Ministry of Finance, a board to be known as the Nigerian Customs Service Board (in this Act referred to as "the Board"wink which shall be responsible for the administration of the Customs and Excise Management Act.

[1993 No. 77. Cap. C45.]

(2) Accordingly-

(a) any reference in the Customs and Excise Management Act-

(i) to the Customs, Immigration and Prisons Service Board or to Board,
shall be construed as a reference to the Nigerian Customs Service
Board established under this Act;

(ii) to Minister, shall be construed as a reference to the Minister charged
with responsibility for matters relating to finance.

2. Membership of the Board

(1) The Board shall comprise-

(a) the Minister of Finance who shall be the chairman;

(b) the Comptroller-General of Customs who shall be the deputy chairman;

(c) all the deputy Comptrollers-General;

(d) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Finance;

(e) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Commerce;

(f) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Industry;

(g) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Transport

(h) the legal adviser to the Nigerian Customs Service Board, who shall also head the legal division of the service to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Justice;

(i) two other persons to be appointed from any two of the following institutions, that is-

(i) commercial banks;

(ii) reputable economic or trade consultancy firms;

(iii) the universities;

(iv) the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture;

(v) the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria; and

(j) the chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service.

(2) The Minister of Finance shall appoint the persons mentioned in paragraphs (d) to (g) and (i) of subsection 1 of this section, after due consultation with the appropriate
Ministry or institution.

(3) The provisions set out in the Schedule to this Act shall have effect with respect to the proceedings of the Board and the other matters therein mentioned.

3. Functions of the Board

The Board shall be responsible for-

(a) formulating the general policy guidelines for the Nigerian Customs Service (in this Act referred to as "the Service"wink; and

(b) administering the Customs and Excise Management Act and, accordingly, the Board shall-

(i) subject to the general control of the Minister, control and manage the
administration of the customs and excise laws; and

(ii) collect the revenues of customs and excise and account for them in such manner as the Minister shall, from time to time, direct.

4. Powers of the Board

(1) The powers, being exercised by the Customs, Immigration and Prisons Service Board to appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over staff of the Service are hereby vested in the Board.

(2) The Board shall have power-

(a) to appoint persons to hold or act in all the offices in the Service, including power to make appointments on promotion or transfer and to
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by saintjoel(m): 6:12am On Mar 15, 2017
saintjoel:
I've been licensed agent for almost seven years and as agents, we tend to know about the custom and excise law because of some aspects that concerns importation a d exportation.

The Nigerian custom is subject to a board headed by the Federal minister of finance.

**** Please note that the federal Ministry of finance prepares the tariff used by the  Nigerian Customs at the border and the CG is also subject to the Minister.

***** COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD

NIGERIIA CUSTOMS SERVICE BOARD

An Act to establish the Nigerian Customs Service Board and for matters connected therewith.

[1992 No. 45.1993 No. 77.]

[1st June,1992] [Commencement.]

PART I

Establishment and composition of the Nigerian Customs Service Board

1. Establishment of the Nigerian Customs Service Board

(1) There is hereby established under the control of the Federal Ministry of Finance, a board to be known as the Nigerian Customs Service Board (in this Act referred to as "the Board"wink which shall be responsible for the administration of the Customs and Excise Management Act.

[1993 No. 77. Cap. C45.]

(2) Accordingly-

(a) any reference in the Customs and Excise Management Act-

(i) to the Customs, Immigration and Prisons Service Board or to Board,
shall be construed as a reference to the Nigerian Customs Service
Board established under this Act;

(ii) to Minister, shall be construed as a reference to the Minister charged
with responsibility for matters relating to finance.

2. Membership of the Board

(1) The Board shall comprise-

(a) the Minister of Finance who shall be the chairman;

(b) the Comptroller-General of Customs who shall be the deputy chairman;

(c) all the deputy Comptrollers-General;

(d) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Finance;

(e) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Commerce;

(f) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Industry;

(g) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Transport

(h) the legal adviser to the Nigerian Customs Service Board, who shall also head the legal division of the service to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Justice;

(i) two other persons to be appointed from any two of the following institutions, that is-

(i) commercial banks;

(ii) reputable economic or trade consultancy firms;

(iii) the universities;

(iv) the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture;

(v) the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria; and

(j) the chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service.

(2) The Minister of Finance shall appoint the persons mentioned in paragraphs (d) to (g) and (i) of subsection 1 of this section, after due consultation with the appropriate
Ministry or institution.

(3) The provisions set out in the Schedule to this Act shall have effect with respect to the proceedings of the Board and the other matters therein mentioned.

3. Functions of the Board

The Board shall be responsible for-

(a) formulating the general policy guidelines for the Nigerian Customs Service (in this Act referred to as "the Service"wink; and

(b) administering the Customs and Excise Management Act and, accordingly, the Board shall-

(i) subject to the general control of the Minister, control and manage the
administration of the customs and excise laws; and

(ii) collect the revenues of customs and excise and account for them in such manner as the Minister shall, from time to time, direct.

4. Powers of the Board

(1) The powers, being exercised by the Customs, Immigration and Prisons Service Board to appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over staff of the Service are hereby vested in the Board.

(2) The Board shall have power-

(a) to appoint persons to hold or act in all the offices in the Service, including power to make appointments on promotion or transfer and to

appoint persons to hold or act in all the offices in the Service, including power to make appointments on promotion or transfer and to confirm appointments; and

(b) to dismiss and exercise other disciplinary control over persons appointed pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection.

(3) If the Board thinks it expedient that any vacancy in the staff of the Service should be filled by a person holding office in the civil service of the Federation or of a State, it shall notify the appropriate Civil Service Commission to that effect and thereafter the Board may, by arrangement with the Civil Service Commission concerned, cause such
vacancy to be filled by way of secondment or transfer.

(4) Where a person is seconded under subsection (3) of this section, he shall be notitied of the terms and conditions of the secondment, and the secondment shall be without prejudice to any pension rights which but for the secondment would still accrue to him.

(5) A person seconded pursuant to subsection (3) of this section may elect, subject to the approval of the Board, to be transferred to the Service.

(6) A member of staff of the Service may elect to be transferred or seconded to any other civil service in the Federation and such right of transfer or secondment shall not operate.

**** PLEASE NOTE THAT AS AT THAT TIME OF ALLI'S APPOINTMENT IN AUGUST 2015, THERE WAS NO SITTING MINISTER OF FINANCE.

TO CUT THE STORY SHORT, THE CUSTOMS AND EXCISE LAW IS EXPLICIT ON THE APPOINTMENT OF A COMPTROLLER GENERAL OF CUSTOMS BY STATING THAT THE APPOINTMENT MUST BE DONE FROM OFFICERS SERVING IN NIGERIAN CUSTOMS.

AS ALSO SEEN FROM THE PICTURES BELOW, APPOINTMENTS WERE MADE OUTSIDE THE SERVICE BUT THEY WERE KNOWN AS " DIRECTOR OF SERVICE" OR " SOLE ADMINISTRATOR OF CUSTOMS".

BRIGADIER GENERAL SAMUEL ANGO WAS ALSO FROM THE MILITARY WHEN HE HEAD CUSTOMS BUT HE WAS CALLED A SOLE ADMINISTRATOR.

***** KINDLY NOTE THE DIFFERENCE :-

A COMPTROLLER GENERAL IS EXPECTED TO WEAR A UNIFORM BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN ASSUMED THAT HE ROSE THROUGH THE RANKS.

A " DIRECTOR OF SERVICE " OR " SOLE ADMINISTRATOR " IS NOT EXPECTED TO PUT ON A UNIFORM BECAUSE HE CAME FROM ANOTHER SERVICE OR HE IS A CIVILIAN.

***** HAMED ALLI SHOULD HAVE BEEN APPOINTED AS A SOLE ADMINISTRATOR, WHICH MAKES HIM SUBJECT TO THE PRESIDENT ALONE AND DOESN'T TRANSLATE TO PUTTING ON A UNIFORM.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by saintjoel(m): 6:18am On Mar 15, 2017
saintjoel:

appoint persons to hold or act in all the offices in the Service, including power to make appointments on promotion or transfer and to confirm appointments; and

(b) to dismiss and exercise other disciplinary control over persons appointed pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection.

(3) If the Board thinks it expedient that any vacancy in the staff of the Service should be filled by a person holding office in the civil service of the Federation or of a State, it shall notify the appropriate Civil Service Commission to that effect and thereafter the Board may, by arrangement with the Civil Service Commission concerned, cause such
vacancy to be filled by way of secondment or transfer.

(4) Where a person is seconded under subsection (3) of this section, he shall be notitied of the terms and conditions of the secondment, and the secondment shall be without prejudice to any pension rights which but for the secondment would still accrue to him.

(5) A person seconded pursuant to subsection (3) of this section may elect, subject to the approval of the Board, to be transferred to the Service.

(6) A member of staff of the Service may elect to be transferred or seconded to any other civil service in the Federation and such right of transfer or secondment shall not operate.

**** PLEASE NOTE THAT AS AT THAT TIME OF ALLI'S APPOINTMENT IN AUGUST 2015, THERE WAS NO SITTING MINISTER OF FINANCE.

TO CUT THE STORY SHORT, THE CUSTOMS AND EXCISE LAW IS EXPLICIT ON THE APPOINTMENT OF A COMPTROLLER GENERAL OF CUSTOMS BY STATING THAT THE APPOINTMENT MUST BE DONE FROM OFFICERS SERVING IN NIGERIAN CUSTOMS.

AS ALSO SEEN FROM THE PICTURES BELOW, APPOINTMENTS WERE MADE OUTSIDE THE SERVICE BUT THEY WERE KNOWN AS " DIRECTOR OF SERVICE" OR " SOLE ADMINISTRATOR OF CUSTOMS".

BRIGADIER GENERAL SAMUEL ANGO WAS ALSO FROM THE MILITARY WHEN HE HEAD CUSTOMS BUT HE WAS CALLED A SOLE ADMINISTRATOR.

***** KINDLY NOTE THE DIFFERENCE :-

A COMPTROLLER GENERAL IS EXPECTED TO WEAR A UNIFORM BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN ASSUMED THAT HE ROSE THROUGH THE RANKS.

A " DIRECTOR OF SERVICE " OR " SOLE ADMINISTRATOR " IS NOT EXPECTED TO PUT ON A UNIFORM BECAUSE HE CAME FROM ANOTHER SERVICE OR HE IS A CIVILIAN.

***** HAMED ALLI SHOULD HAVE BEEN APPOINTED AS A SOLE ADMINISTRATOR, WHICH MAKES HIM SUBJECT TO THE PRESIDENT ALONE AND DOESN'T TRANSLATE TO PUTTING ON A UNIFORM.

With these, I rest my case.

Alli has done a great job so far in my assessment as an AGENT, his policies would have been beneficial especially the one month programme about DUTY payment cos it would have gone a long way in checking smuggling and also hastened the opening of land borders for vehicle importation. He only made some mistakes like sacking, retiring and transfering of officers with board approval and also didn't allow The Minister of finance play her over sight role.

Thanks.
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by pricipal2003(m): 6:52am On Mar 15, 2017
GrandMufti:
Taking after his boss. Bring your waec certificate, he went to hire lawyers. Now make dis one wear uniform, e dey go hire lawyer.
E tire me o. Ordinary simple request na I'm dem turn to mighty thing so
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by chloedogie(m): 7:30am On Mar 15, 2017
Laple0541:
This man too stubborn, will wearing the uniform reduce his age or mental faculty? I don't know the kind of people Bubu put for this his government sef.

They are bunch of autocrats. They all still live in the military days.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by chloedogie(m): 7:34am On Mar 15, 2017
kITATITA:
There's could be legal issues afterall. It is like the Senate compelling a civilian staff of Defence Headquarters to wear military uniform. The lawmakers should be advised on some of their actions.

Can a civilian staff head the military?
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 15, 2017
Arrogant man.I wonder his leadership style in NCS.I guess his officers and foot men will be complaining about him.
His stubbornness to wear the uniform of the people he is leading is a CRACK in his leadership style.
Only in Nigeria...............
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 15, 2017
`
Re: Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform by erico2k2(m): 9:58am On Mar 15, 2017
allrightsir:

The reason why they are not a zoo is that they respect themselves and the law and don't behave like animals. Ordering a grown man to wear uniform as if he is a child? if you insult a man, don't be surprised if he disrespects you. This is a country where a university lecturer tells students to kneel down for coming late, it is this bad behaviour that has gone unchecked for too long.
So you think for him to.wear his uniform is an insult?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obi Plans To Stage-manage Fake Assassination Attempt – Keyamo / Aisha Buhari Shares A Photo Of Her Family / Angiama Community Residents Happy As Automobiles Arrive For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.