Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,047 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari (23090 Views)

Magu Can Be Removed When Saraki Becomes Acting President – Falana / Magu Can Be Removed When Saraki Becomes Acting President – Falana / Melaye: Magu Can NOT Be EFCC Chairman, His Mates Are Area Commanders And Dpos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 7:07am On Mar 17, 2017
In has much as separation of powers should be respected, the sinators got served!!;... Karma is a dam......

1 Like

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Realdeals(m): 7:08am On Mar 17, 2017
progress69:
you are myopic and don't know anything about politics. Those gang of theives are only hiding behind DSS. First and foremost, the DSS report First used was forwarded to the attorney General by the DSS, where it was found out that most of the allegations were frivolous, and he was cleared and given a clean bill. Why then will the Senate seek another report from the DSS after Magu has been cleared by the attorney general? Why was 2 different report sent by the DSS signed by 2 different people. The only person i blame here is Buhari. It just shows he doesn't have a firm grip of his government, and i am disappointed.

You are more myopic than I do, who appoints the DSS DG? Under whose office are they operating?
Check the date of the DSS report, it was produced on the 14th March a day before the screening. Why should the DSS which is under the Presidency repeat the same thing, despite being aware of Magu's clearance by the AGF.
Blame Buhari under whose nostril all these are happening.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by progress69: 7:12am On Mar 17, 2017
freeze001:
I guess the courts need to interprete the effect of non-confirmation of a political appointee by the Senate whose appointment is subject to the confirmation of the Senate.

Useless politics of attrition will see idiots turn the constitution on its head just to install a stooge in office. Is the confirmation of a nominee supposed to be a mere academic exercise where the Senate must approve every intended appointee of a President? Why should a person fail the test of integrity to substantively head an organisation and still remain head of same in acting capacity? Is it not the same powers n privileges he enjoys despite being adjudged unfit for that position?

No matter the political undertones or power play, the point is that the Senate has rejected an appointee based on security reports by the same Presidency. Why the hell would we all have to be fed with the arrogant posturing of the Executive and its appointees?

Unfortunately the bitter truth is Magu can continue in acting capacity the infinity cos no where is it stated in law that he can't continue acting after rejection. Until the president sends another name and is confirmed by the Senate, he remains the acting chairman. The only difference is he will be he wouldn't get the full benefits of a confirmed chairman.
I think u don't understand Nigeria's politics. Those gang of theives are only hiding behind a useless DSS report. Why will they request another report after the first report was sent to the attorney general for further investigations and actions, where it was found that most of the allegations were lies and bogus. Magu was then cleared by the attorney general. So which report again did NASS go to look for? Bare in mind that 2 different reports where sent by DSS signed by 2 different persons. I blame Buhari for this nonsense, it only shows he doesn't have a firm grip of his government. Magu is a threat and have stepped on toes.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by progress69: 7:14am On Mar 17, 2017
Realdeals:

You are more myopic than I do, who appoints the DSS DG? Under whose office are they operating?
Check the date of the DSS report, it was produced on the 14th March a day before the screening. Why should the DSS which is under the Presidency repeat the same thing, despite being aware of Magu's clearance by the AGF.
Blame Buhari under whose nostril all these are happening.

U see that u don't have basic comprehension skills. Ur assertions has been answered in the last statement i made about Buhari not being in firm grip of is Government wink
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Realdeals(m): 7:23am On Mar 17, 2017
progress69:
Those gang of theives are only hiding behind DSS. First and foremost, the DSS report First used was forwarded to the attorney General by the DSS, where it was found out that most of the allegations were frivolous, and he was cleared and given a clean bill. Why then will the Senate seek another report from the DSS after Magu has been cleared by the attorney general? Why was 2 different report sent by the DSS signed by 2 different people.
Check your post and see how you contradict yourself, blaming the guest for your house defect. cool
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by progress69: 7:25am On Mar 17, 2017
Realdeals:

Check your post and see how you contradict yourself, blaming the guest for your house defect. cool

Oga. Use ur sense. The end of my posts still says the President is to be blamed for not having a firm grip of his government. Don't mention me again u have comprehension probs
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by seunlly(m): 7:51am On Mar 17, 2017
That would be great
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by SalamRushdie: 7:53am On Mar 17, 2017
This is also another poor advise ..If MAGU can serve indefinitely in an acting capacity then why does the law state that he has to be confirmed , come on its just common sense Na...
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 17, 2017
Of what use then is the confirmation by senate?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Benekruku(m): 7:53am On Mar 17, 2017
Corruption is really fighting back!

Saraki and his cohorts re criminals that would never have been close to the corridors of power in a sane country.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by wikiadamin: 7:54am On Mar 17, 2017
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by searchcorp(m): 7:55am On Mar 17, 2017
progress69:
you are myopic and don't know anything about politics. Those gang of theives are only hiding behind DSS. First and foremost, the DSS report First used was forwarded to the attorney General by the DSS, where it was found out that most of the allegations were frivolous, and he was cleared and given a clean bill. Why then will the Senate seek another report from the DSS after Magu has been cleared by the attorney general? Why was 2 different report sent by the DSS signed by 2 different people. The only person i blame here is Buhari. It just shows he doesn't have a firm grip of his government, and i am disappointed.

bro, the Head of DSS, Lawal Musa Daura was appointed by Buhari. He is even related to buhari. Yet, he is against Magu's appointment. Buhari simply doesn't have a tight grasp on his government.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Realdeals(m): 7:55am On Mar 17, 2017
progress69:

Oga. Use ur sense. The end of my posts still says the President is to be blamed for not having a firm grip of his government. Don't mention me again u have comprehension probs

You should have use yours the more when quoting my initial post.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by SuperBlack: 7:56am On Mar 17, 2017
They should make Buhari the Efcc Boss and make Ossy the President..
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by southsouthman: 7:57am On Mar 17, 2017
It is quite unfortunate that some learned and responsible Nigerians are blaming the senate for doing their job. I am very much aware of the number of people DSS and EFCC have branded corrupt persons and put behind bars without that pronouncement coming from a competent court. The same DSS that claimed to have investigated other people, got them arrested and we applauded them claim here that they have investigated Magu and found him to be guilty of fraud and integrity yet those that would have applauded them if the person was related to GEJ are the same persons castigating the DSS. Which way Naija. Why should we allow a fellow with questionable character to lead EFCC. Nigeria has one million and one persons that can perform far better than Magu. Magu should just go and sit down. When I hear the same people say the senate will not clear Magu because he is investigating some senators makes it more laughable. Are these people saying that Magu will leave EFCC with the case files of these senators or what. Sentiment is our greatest problem in Nigeria. God help us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by kerike: 7:59am On Mar 17, 2017
I can do the job
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 17, 2017
PMB doesn't have a grip on his own govt.

if I were him, would replace Magu with a tougher person, sack the heads of DSS for the stunts he pulled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Dom2020: 7:59am On Mar 17, 2017
Is magu the only man who can function in that office? What is it with northerners and confusion? If the man has been rejected, look for someone else and put there, let's stop this magu this and magu that.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by chronique(m): 8:00am On Mar 17, 2017
Apc govt riddled with excessive drama and almost zero percent governance.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by cosade(m): 8:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Realdeals:
The Senate should not be blamed, I don't expect them to go ahead and clear Magu with that DSS report, the Presidency should bear the brunt.
When an agency under your purview is undermining your actions not for the first time, Haba! we await President Buhari next line of action.

Can we say the DSS is undermining the President (or Presidency) if the office is doing her job?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by UncleJudax(m): 8:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Hahahaha. Nigeria! The same way Buhari was the only option then. If the people against his confirmation are scared of him, then let him dig out their "dirts" Oh wait, he has his own pile of "dirt"

Old foolss!
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by AngelicBeing: 8:03am On Mar 17, 2017
Na wao, Nigeria is a funny country, a zoo and no wonder we are backward, does it mean in a country of 180 Million, only Magu can handle the post of EFCC?... What a joke of a country, we have more than 50 Universities in Nigeria offering courses in criminology, we have retired military / police officers and those who worked with different UN groups on security related matters etc, why not throw it open, accept applications from different Professors both in Nigeria and outside the country and select the best of the best than re-submitting Magu, Magu all the time , has Magu , Magued the Presidency?. Nigeria is a zoo and l have long given up on that country and the bunch of useless criminals we have as politicians, nonsense sad
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by SuperBlack: 8:03am On Mar 17, 2017
southsouthman:
It is quite unfortunate that some learned and responsible Nigerians are blaming the senate for doing their job. I am very much aware the number of people DSS and EFCC have branded corrupt persons and put behind bars without that pronouncement coming from a competent court. The same DSS that claimed to have investigated other people, got them arrested and we applaud them claim here that they have investigated Magu and found him to be guilty of fraud and integrity yet those that would have applauded them if the person was related GEJ are the same persons castigating the DSS. Which way Naija. Why should we allow a fellow with questionable character to lead EFCC. Nigeria has one million and one persons that can performance far better than Magu. Magu should just go and sit down. When I hear the same people say the senate will not clear Magu because he is investigating some senators makes it more laughable. Are these saying that Magu will leave EFCC with the case files of these senators or what. Sentiment is our greatest problem in Nigeria. God help us
If Amaechi can be a Minister Under Buhari, and Fashola also a Minister Under Buhari, my Brother Magu is a Saint.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Jokerman(m): 8:05am On Mar 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Yes he must.

Must Saraki be Senate president?

Isn't it ur bastard party that gave Saraki senatorial nomination??
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by RALPHOW(m): 8:06am On Mar 17, 2017
sinistermind:
The way some people reason sef. We all read the DSS report on Magu which is a reason he was rejected by the senate n yet we are attckin the Senate. Assuming he was confirmed, with all the reports of misconduct, these same set of people will scream corruption in the Senate.

WHAT STUPID REPORT?
DID YOU READ THE MAIN POINT OF THE REPORT?
THE MAIN POINT IS THAT HIS LANDLORD IS UNDER INVESTIGATION BY EFCC
AND MAGU EXPLAINED THAT HE DID NOT RENT NOR BUY THE HOUSE FROM THE LANDLORD,
BUT FCDA DID AND GAVE HIM THE HOUSE AS HIS OFFICIAL ACCOMMODATION.
DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO REJECT HIS OFFICIAL ACCOMMODATION BECAUSE THE LANDLORD IS UNDER EFCC INVESTIGATION.
EVERYBODY KNOWS THE REJECTION IS SIMPLY BECAUSE HE REFUSED TO DROP CHARGES AGAINST CORRUPT SENATORS AND GOVERNORS.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ayindejimmy(m): 8:09am On Mar 17, 2017
praise010:
Why should we blame the Senators? Are they the one that controls DSS?

Rather than address the issues raised by the DSS, the Senate is being ridiculed.

This APC government eeee, they are totally confused.

We blame the senators because we saw their actions tat day. We saw the enthusiasm and dramatic display of absurdity by Malaye. Most especially, the Senate received a report at 5pm and hurriedly concluded the next day. And when you look at the statement from the DSS, it wasn't duly signed.

The mistake the president make was not allowing Magu to be confirmed immediately before he would start stepping on toes. Since he knows the nature of his job and the composition of the NA
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by michoim(m): 8:11am On Mar 17, 2017
Yes of course.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:13am On Mar 17, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu might be right after all.
How can a whole SAN make such an outrageous threat that cannot be defended in a court of law?
Buhari might as well suspend the Constitution, dissolve the government and constitute a Supreme Ruling Council with the Itsey Sagays as members.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ipobbigot7: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2017
Ezekomhe can go to court and fight it since he's so desperate to see Magu out of the office. corrupt lawyer suddenly lost dignity when he saw money.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by doctokwus: 8:18am On Mar 17, 2017
juman:
Buhari is causing confusion.

He was the one behind dss sending atrocious things about the man to the senate, yet he is talking about retaining him in that position like that.

Which kind of useless old man is that?
I regret to agree with u.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 17, 2017
freeze001:

Was he not asked by the Senate to respond to the report? What was his response? That he did not have a copy of such an important and indicting document on the basis of which he was being screened? Did he not know he should have prepared his response/defence in writing to be tendered before the Senate? Was he not aware of the report and d screening date? How else should his 'side of the story' have been heard?

He won't.

You know that he is used to prosecuting people on the pages of newspapers without evidence hence no convictions so far.

He is used to illegality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Universities Spending Scarce Resource On Course That Are Not Relevant" - Ben Br / Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit / PDP Wins All 18 LGAs In Edo Local Government Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.