Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari (23083 Views)

Magu Can Be Removed When Saraki Becomes Acting President – Falana / Magu Can Be Removed When Saraki Becomes Acting President – Falana / Melaye: Magu Can NOT Be EFCC Chairman, His Mates Are Area Commanders And Dpos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by signz: 8:18am On Mar 17, 2017
DonLo:
This only goes to show that Buhari is not a smart leader. A DSS under OBJ won't try such except he accents to it but wetin Buhari know. Don't blame the Senate but some elements in the presidency that didn't want Magu as the chairman, therefore, using their influence to get a DSS report to rubbish him before the action ready Senates whose majority of her members have corruption hanging over them.
Let's tell our self the truth, Magu too corrupt. How much be him salary way him they live for 40 million naira rented house while also flying private jet around the country. And to all those shouting, 'Magu must be confirmed', no only him competent among our about 200 million population.
Sagay should know that any abuse of the law just to please his friends in the presidency would later come to hurt him, because it would further destroy the judiciary which he represents.

This just goes to show that Buhari unfortunately has lost control of the Presidency. That's why even after meeing Buhari, Saraki still didn't confirm Magu and Saraki still went ahead to embarrass Hameed Ali. Saraki knows that Buhari has lost control and he's exploiting it. We're now being ruled by cabals (not one cabal).

A certain cabal wants Magu to have the job another cabal doesn't.

Another fact to butress the point that Buhari has lost control is the memo by El rufai leaked to the press and lets not pretend we don't know who leaked it.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by juman(m): 8:19am On Mar 17, 2017
There is no other way, the man has to go.

Buhari has casted shadow on his integrity.

1 Like

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Lordsocrates: 8:19am On Mar 17, 2017
ghhg
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Saintp(m): 8:20am On Mar 17, 2017
progress69:

Unfortunately the bitter truth is Magu can continue in acting capacity the infinity cos no where is it stated in law that he can't continue acting after rejection. Until the president sends another name and is confirmed by the Senate, he remains the acting chairman. The only difference is he will be he wouldn't get the full benefits of a confirmed chairman.
I think u don't understand Nigeria's politics. Those gang of theives are only hiding behind a useless DSS report. Why will they request another report after the first report was sent to the attorney general for further investigations and actions, where it was found that most of the allegations were lies and bogus. Magu was then cleared by the attorney general. So which report again did NASS go to look for? Bare in mind that 2 different reports where sent by DSS signed by 2 different persons. I blame Buhari for this nonsense, it only shows he doesn't have a firm grip of his government. Magu is a threat and have stepped on toes.

Bros, Buhari does not want Magu. Don't mind is public posture. He does not want to remove him directly instead he wants to create confusion that would remove him so that the Senate and other would receive the blame while he appears innocent. You should know his style by now. Didn't he see the DSS report before it went to the Senate? He knows that the thieves in the Senate will capitalize on the report and he just gave them the ammunition to strike.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2017
bayelsaowei:
Must magu be the efcc chairman...what kind of country is this..??... angry angry

Yes Magu must be the Chairman, Who do you have in mind? Joseph Mbu?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by doctokwus: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2017
ayindejimmy:

The mistake the president make was not allowing Magu to be confirmed immediately before he would start stepping on toes. Since he knows the nature of his job and the composition of the NA
Not a mistake but a leadership deficit,some of which are beginning to manifest by d day under PMB.
I also don't bliv the DSS acted without pmb's knowledge.
I am now also thinking d man is a 2faced schemer, hiding under d cloak of an assumed integrity to be doing some bad things.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Saintp(m): 8:31am On Mar 17, 2017
ayindejimmy:

We blame the senators because we saw their actions tat day. We saw the enthusiasm and dramatic display of absurdity by Malaye. Most especially, the Senate received a report at 5pm and hurriedly concluded the next day. And when you look at the statement from the DSS, it wasn't duly signed.

The mistake the president make was not allowing Magu to be confirmed immediately before he would start stepping on toes. Since he knows the nature of his job and the composition of the NA

Bros, it is not news that the Senate is a den of thieves. However, the presidency through the DSS supplied the ammunition to the Senate to fire Magu. If DSS had clear Magu, the senators even though they don't like him would have no other choice than to confirm him.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 17, 2017
southsouthman:
It is quite unfortunate that some learned and responsible Nigerians are blaming the senate for doing their job. I am very much aware the number of people DSS and EFCC have branded corrupt persons and put behind bars without that pronouncement coming from a competent court. The same DSS that claimed to have investigated other people, got them arrested and we applaud them claim here that they have investigated Magu and found him to be guilty of fraud and integrity yet those that would have applauded them if the person was related GEJ are the same persons castigating the DSS. Which way Naija. Why should we allow a fellow with questionable character to lead EFCC. Nigeria has one million and one persons that can performance far better than Magu. Magu should just go and sit down. When I hear the same people say the senate will not clear Magu because he is investigating some senators makes it more laughable. Are these saying that Magu will leave EFCC with the case files of these senators or what. Sentiment is our greatest problem in Nigeria. God help us

You are a carpenter. You hit the nail (hammer) on the hammer (nail).

Case closed.

Next topic please.

2 Likes

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:31am On Mar 17, 2017
Dominiquez:
We should respect the separation of power to enable us have effective democracy.

Magu is not the last man standing in the fight against corruption and therefore should be asked to go.

Corruption is not just about money but also undermining the power of another arm of government.

Ask him to go and why? So the Senate should dictate for the Presidency? Senate can keep rejecting him but he will remain the Chairman of EFCC indefinite..
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by durangokid: 8:33am On Mar 17, 2017
jcflex:

http://punchng.com/magu-can-serve-indefinitely-presidential-committee-tells-buhari/

Sagay has been dancing unclad at the market square since these days, magu has no more power to act if tries it that will Lead to serious litigation, I don't know why people like Sagay will keep on misleading Nigerians because of stupid and personal interest
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ayindejimmy(m): 8:33am On Mar 17, 2017
doctokwus:

I am now also thinking d man is a 2faced schemer, hiding under d cloak of an assumed integrity to be doing some bad things.
I got that intuition too. I felt the Presidency is intentionally embarrassing Magu because, a little as I control,Noone under me can do things contrary to my instructions
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:33am On Mar 17, 2017
bayelsaowei:
so you're in support of this madness??..so without magu we can't move forward...??..

Mad country

Same way you are in support in the Madness in the Senate, Saraki with all the allegation leveled against him can still be President of the Senate and Magu that nothing was mention against is being questioned.. Corruption is really fighting back..
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Saintp(m): 8:34am On Mar 17, 2017
doctokwus:

Not a mistake but a leadership deficit,some of which are beginning to manifest by d day under PMB.
I also don't bliv the DSS acted without pmb's knowledge.

Spot on.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:37am On Mar 17, 2017
freeze001:
I guess the courts need to interprete the effect of non-confirmation of a political appointee by the Senate whose appointment is subject to the confirmation of the Senate.

Useless politics of attrition will see idiots turn the constitution on its head just to install a stooge in office. Is the confirmation of a nominee supposed to be a mere academic exercise where the Senate must approve every intended appointee of a President? Why should a person fail the test of integrity to substantively head an organisation and still remain head of same in acting capacity? Is it not the same powers n privileges he enjoys despite being adjudged unfit for that position?

No matter the political undertones or power play, the point is that the Senate has rejected an appointee based on security reports by the same Presidency. Why the hell would we all have to be fed with the arrogant posturing of the Executive and its appointees?

Please how did one fail integrity test from distance? Why will you say someone fail integrity test without inviting him to come and defend himself hahha, I tire for how you think, So someone can fail you for job interview with you appearing before them?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ayindejimmy(m): 8:37am On Mar 17, 2017
Saintp:

Bros, it is not news that the Senate is a den of thieves. However, the presidency through the DSS supplied the ammunition to the Senate to fire Magu. If DSS had clear Magu, the senators even though they don't like him would have no other choice than to confirm him.

True

This's another idea...

Emmanuel Majebi wrote :
Magu should NEVER have gone back to that senate ! Is there any thing that a substantive. EFCC Boss can do that He can't do
If I was president the way I would execute my anti corruption war is that my main guy for the Job would NOT be the EFCC Chairman but the director of operations ..... Who needs no confirmation .
Chairman would be the Public Face of my anti corruption war ! He would make broad policies ....smile with everyone gives nice press conferences and drink tea with senators and Governors and other politicians but I would have a Magu who is my main man ... He is insulated from the politics .... And do his work without fear or favors insulated from petty politics like Senate Confirmation.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by danigbo(m): 8:43am On Mar 17, 2017
Must SARAKI be senate president ?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Sylva2147: 8:46am On Mar 17, 2017
freeze001:
I guess the courts need to interprete the effect of non-confirmation of a political appointee by the Senate whose appointment is subject to the confirmation of the Senate.

Useless politics of attrition will see idiots turn the constitution on its head just to install a stooge in office. Is the confirmation of a nominee supposed to be a mere academic exercise where the Senate must approve every intended appointee of a President? Why should a person fail the test of integrity to substantively head an organisation and still remain head of same in acting capacity? Is it not the same powers n privileges he enjoys despite being adjudged unfit for that position?

No matter the political undertones or power play, the point is that the Senate has rejected an appointee based on security reports by the same Presidency. Why the hell would we all have to be fed with the arrogant posturing of the Executive and its appointees?
what stopped Senate from inviting the so called DSS to come to the chambers and clarify the conflicting report? Any body can bring any report against anybody, but the question is how true is that report?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:47am On Mar 17, 2017
sinistermind:
The way some people reason sef. We all read the DSS report on Magu which is a reason he was rejected by the senate n yet we are attckin the Senate. Assuming he was confirmed, with all the reports of misconduct, these same set of people will scream corruption in the Senate.

LOL what did the DSS report say was Magu crime? Did the report say anything about him stealing, Collect bribe or what?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:50am On Mar 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Yes I am in total support of Magu being the head of EFCC.

You lot always love to ring the bell of strong institutions as if we never had institutions before.

It's like saying Barcelona should drop Messi because they have strong institutions forgetting that certain individuals can interpret their roles better than others.

If the Senate acts in the dubious way they are acting presently the presidency must wield its stick -

Deputise Magu but make the chairman a figure head while Magu is de facto.

Yes oo Make Hameed Ali the EFCC boss and Magu head of operation..

1 Like

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by freeze001(f): 8:51am On Mar 17, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Please how did one fail integrity test from distance? Why will you say someone fail integrity test without inviting him to come and defend himself hahha, I tire for how you think, So someone can fail you for job interview with you appearing before them?

freeze001:

Was he not asked by the Senate to respond to the report? What was his response? That he did not have a copy of such an important and indicting document on the basis of which he was being screened? Did he not know he should have prepared his response/defence in writing to be tendered before the Senate? Was he not aware of the report and d screening date? How else should his 'side of the story' have been heard?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by GameGod(m): 8:51am On Mar 17, 2017
jojomario:
If Saraki can be installed as senate president. Magu should be a work over. Corrupt leaders taking us backwards.
Saraki is a criminal.

1 Like

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by DonLo: 8:53am On Mar 17, 2017
signz:

This just goes to show that Buhari unfortunately has lost control of the Presidency. That's why even after meeing Buhari, Saraki still didn't confirm Magu and Saraki still went ahead to embarrass Hameed Ali. Saraki knows that Buhari has lost control and he's exploiting it. We're now being ruled by cabals (not one cabal).

A certain cabal wants Magu to have the job another cabal doesn't.

Another fact to butress the point that Buhari has lost control is the memo by El rufai leaked to the press and lets not pretend we don't know who leaked it.

Correct Bro. Buhari 'yanch' as been opened and his flaws has been made evident to all. One thing Buhari lacks despite his military background is the ability to be in charge. He is neither charismatic nor does he exude fear on the minds of other politicians. Many are taking advantage of this and are all forming microscopic but powerful cabals all around. Even the fact that your wife can publicly criticize your government speak a lot. He still has a lot to learn from Tinubu whom despite not occupying any position still remains feared by all including Buhari. He needs to know Nigeria's president is the most constitutionally powerful president in the world and that alone should have been an advantage for him.
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by Kenmoris22: 8:54am On Mar 17, 2017
bayelsaowei:
so you're in support of this madness??..so without magu we can't move forward...??..

Mad country
so ur brain did not tell u that all those senators that are rejecting him that all off them have cases to ans
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:57am On Mar 17, 2017
bayelsaowei:
how can you bring in a messi analogy??..messi is an intelligent problem solver and a team player..magu is an olodo that is a thief and a biased nitwit...

I just hate this it must be magu syndrome..what has magu Don about ameachis case and other apc chieftains...who the ugly man epp??..nonsense...there are better unblemished nigerians that can run the efcc..simple questions magu couldn't answer and he should be the efcc chairman..

LOL What has magu steal, that make you call him thief? So Saraki that head the Senate that was thief have your support abi? I swear your sense of thinking is sore..

Just name one thing they fail Magu for?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by opius: 8:57am On Mar 17, 2017
Arrogant !!! They always bave as if they are above the law
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by eph12(m): 8:58am On Mar 17, 2017
LordIsaac:
How can a thief screen his captor?
He shouldn't bother going then.

1 Like

Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2017
annnikky:
Magu should go and have seat joor, he's using buhari body language for his anti-corruption undecided

And what's that suppose to mean?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by yinkslinks(m): 9:06am On Mar 17, 2017
Did Dss find saraki wanting before he became senate president? Dss gave a report not saraki. Use ur brain to comment not asss.
GavelSlam:

Yes he must.

Must Saraki be Senate president?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:06am On Mar 17, 2017
freeze001:

Next time stop listening to useless news, I watch the screening life on NTA and Magu told there was 2 different report on him, The one with Magu is different from the one the Senate read to him on the floor..

Stop listening to what some useless set of people tell you and try to ask those that listen to the News directly..

Magu answer all their question, He even silent Dino Melaye that is shouting untop of his voice, He also silent all the senate but the reaction already say what's on their mind... Did you later listen to Ali Ndume stand on screening? Magu will remain and nothing the Senate can do about it..
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by yinkslinks(m): 9:07am On Mar 17, 2017
Means u are so dull
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

And what's that suppose to mean?
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:09am On Mar 17, 2017
Realdeals:

You are more myopic than I do, who appoints the DSS DG? Under whose office are they operating?
Check the date of the DSS report, it was produced on the 14th March a day before the screening. Why should the DSS which is under the Presidency repeat the same thing, despite being aware of Magu's clearance by the AGF.
Blame Buhari under whose nostril all these are happening.

Have you forgotten that any institution can be compromised? We have black sheep in every organization..
Re: Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari by wealth123: 9:13am On Mar 17, 2017
God bless you my brother. some people cannot just think straight and know that the Senate is the problem of this country. Just imagine how Dino Melaye who owns a Lamboghini (one of the most expensive cars in the world), was arrogantly saying MAGU is unfit for EFCC job. Which business did Melaye do to buy a Lambo?
progress69:
you are myopic and don't know anything about politics. Those gang of theives are only hiding behind DSS. First and foremost, the DSS report First used was forwarded to the attorney General by the DSS, where it was found out that most of the allegations were frivolous, and he was cleared and given a clean bill. Why then will the Senate seek another report from the DSS after Magu has been cleared by the attorney general? Why was 2 different report sent by the DSS signed by 2 different people. The only person i blame here is Buhari. It just shows he doesn't have a firm grip of his government, and i am disappointed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Kaduna Traditional Rulers, Religious Leaders (Photos) / Buhari Swears In Onnoghen As Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria / How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.