Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) (45992 Views)

Husband Takes Back Cheating Wife Who Got Pregnant For Her Boss - Man Recounts / Update On The Woman Whose Husband Took To Sharia Court For Praying Too Much"PICS / To Cool An Angry Husband Takes No Stress, Just - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by ednut1(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
Crap
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
Noted
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Jaftee(m): 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
Obviously, he went for the easiest. where he can eat his cake and have it. my opinion though.
I pray the sharia do justice not please their new convert
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by phkka1(m): 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
This woman should not go to the sharia court with the man. From every indication, the man is not contributing much to the upkeep of the family. Keep on trusting God and hoping that a day comes when you will be out of this mess.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by SoftP(m): 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
this is what happen to women who are so desperate to get married. they don''t look before leaping... How can u say i do to a man u aren''t compatible.. she should live with the rift....
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Ehinmola(m): 8:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
Things men do when they are financially down.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by abdulaz: 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
The man is a deist.

The woman should have known better before marrying him na.

After giving birth to four children with him and the fifth one on the way you are now disturbing us with your super story.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by adehika: 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2017
Islam does not support divorce

2 Likes

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by gohzieh(m): 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
what a pretty lady. i think her family should be involved here. infact i dont know what to else to say.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by ipobbigot7: 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
On the one hand an Igbo man full of deviousity and on the other hand sharia full of evil and devilish laws.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by ojlifa: 8:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
This idea of assassinating the character of men must stop,i cant speak for the man but from this write up i can pick many things,first it appears the woman is very stubborn,why if your husband has changed his religious view,who gives you the write to condemn his decision,do you think you know what is best for him or let me guess you want to take over leadership of the home.second if he is so wicked and useless as you claim why lying with your children's head,go straight to court and file for divorce,thirdly that lawyer is just been cheap,if the husband took her to sharia court which am guessing is his new religion due to the fact that she has only girls and he is looking for a boy,she should just go to court and tell the judge i am not a Muslim so i am not under your jurisdiction ,and the judge would strick out the case.lastly i suspect from the name of that lawyer that tribalism is at play considering that she and the lawyer are same tribe.if i where her husband there is no need hiding the obvious time to dump the women under irreconcilable difference.the women thisdays have mental problem,if you do they complain and you do not do they complain.men do not die of high blood pressure over women.if your wife disturb your life too much divorce her ass ,and save yourself the stress .after all babe dey pay as you go to service engine and they are cheaper

CastedDude:
Here are photos of the Christian woman whose husband took to Sharia Court in Abuja for "worshiping God too much". Read below what was shared by Nigerian human rights lawyer, Emeka Ugwuonye on Facebook.

Chinyere is a nice, lovely lady, a B.Sc. degree holder. She is calm and gentle and beautiful in many ways. She is a mother of 4 children and 4 months pregnant with the 5th. She is a strong christian and active member of her church. Her husband is neither here nor there. He is a Christian, but everything he does seems to come right from the devil's warehouse. He beats his wife at random and then heads to church to pray.

Like some Nigerian men, he manipulates all the gods. When he likes, he is a traditionalist relying on the customs of his people. At other times, he is a Christian quoting from the bible, particular the part that keeps women submissive. And finally, when neither the customs nor the Bible could help him, he ran to the Sharia.

This lady met with me today in Abuja in preparation for her ordeal in the Sharia Court next week. The man is actually asking the Sharia to assist him in getting separation from his wife for 6 months. Since she is 4-months pregnant, we seem to understand what he wants. He does't want to be bothered with her pregnancy headaches or costs. He wants to receive the baby only after he has confirmed it is a boy.

The lady gave me a list of woes she has encountered in the hands of this man. The latest is the fact that despite her Christian faith, the man secretly converted her to Islam.

I had a number of options and suggestion to make to this woman. I wanted to advise her to divorce the man outright rather than face the Sharia. But I remembered that many of the people in this group have insisted that God hates divorce. By implication, they are of the view that this woman should rather go with her husband to their new religion rather than divorce him. (By the way, all those in this group who insist that God hates it for this woman to divorce this man, raise your hands because I am about to advise her to divorce him).

Anyway, all effort is being made to protect this woman against all odds. Her greatest concern is her children. She doesn't want to be separated from her children. She has suffered so much in the hands of this man that she doesn't care about him any more. It is just her children. So, we are going to make sure that whatever happens, she will be with her children.

You can see me in the pictures with the lady

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/see-photos-of-woman-whose-husband-took.html

2 Likes

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by sagacious2016: 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
phkka1:
This woman should not go to the sharia court with the man. From every indication, the man is not contributing much to the upkeep of the family. Keep on trusting God and hoping that a day comes when you will be out of this mess.

A Christian and nonbeliever of Islam should go to Sharia court?
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
It sounds good if religions can cooperate this way
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2017
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY MANIPULATING ALL THE GODS !

HE IS WORSHIPPING THE GODS OF HIS FOREFATHERS!

AND LIKE ANY SANE PERSON HE CANNOT TOLERATE THE OVER ZEALOT CHRISTIANITY OF MANY NIGERIANS INCLUDING HIS WIFE.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
daretodiffer:
One of those women who doesn't want to divorce but yet won't stop complaining about their spouse. He didn't start this yesterday when it was just one child. God knows that her concern has little to do with her children. Methinks they gain their strength from pity party. To her now, she is a real and strong woman. Ijiot! undecided

Yes, yes I know about domestic abuse so don't quote me. undecided

Gbam...I do understand what you're trying to point out.

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by ikp120(m): 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
WTF! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abeg carry am go for check up o. Shuo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Nigga don dey craze ni? undecided
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Ishilove: 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
The evil that men do...

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Godfullsam(m): 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
A Igbo romancing Islamic religion undecided

Continue, wetin you dey find, you go see..
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by iSufferFools: 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
Ishilove:
The evil that men do...
It's a human trait. sad
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by LivinaPatrick(f): 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
thesicilian:
The woman should keep praying, the darkest hour comes before dawn. If she truly serves God with all her heart and its not just a matter of religion to her, God will prevail on her behalf and she'll win over her husband.
maybe when she is dead.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by goodnews777: 8:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
This man is not a fool. He is a compound fool. I hate to see idiots calling themselves husbands and treating women like thrash. If she was my sister this man would live to regret his actions.

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by thesicilian: 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
LivinaPatrick:
maybe when she is dead.
I didn't say she shouldn't defend herself, like she's doing now by getting her own lawyer. All I said was, she should keep praying.

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Nikeruka(m): 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
To start, i want to assume that this story is true
Also i want to believe you are not trying to subtly oppose those who are against divorce.
The thing is going to shariah court would be a wrong choice.. I can tell you shariah law is very much skewed to the sides of women when it comes to divorce. For example, you can not divorce your pregnant wife ( quran suratul talaq).. Also there is specific duration( 3mons) the husband will live with the wife without having intercourse with her, if he succesful does this then the shariah court can dissolve the marriage( suratul talaq). Then the shariah law says men should be responsible financially for the upkeep of children...so he would be made to pay a certain amount of money monthly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Sanchez01: 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
cleatoris:
Intolerance and insensitivity. All embodied in one man.

Only Islam can entertain such despicable creature and his case.
I'm not sure the man is a Muslim. He is a distant Church goer, according to the post, and is in dire need of a male child. It seems the four children they have are all females. And involving the Sharia is to dodge the responsibility of catering for the baby should it be girl. At attempt to come back to the woman would be made of the baby comes out a male.

Apparently, this is a staunch Igbo man trait. Sharia is his only means because they are in the North and he is not really a believer.

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Spacko007(m): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2017
cleatoris:

Next time you read and comprehend before commenting. the lawyer said he's a Christian I guess you didn't read that part, he also said he's a traditionalist. Moreover the case is in court u wait for the outcome before showing your hatred for ISLAM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by afex007: 9:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
I think you need to clear yourself on how a Christian and traditionalist husband converted his wife to Islam. It's better to tell the truth rather than twisting issues with religion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Rhea(f): 9:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
CastedDude:
Here are photos of the Christian woman whose husband took to Sharia Court in Abuja for "worshiping God too much". Read below what was shared by Nigerian human rights lawyer, Emeka Ugwuonye on Facebook.

Chinyere is a nice, lovely lady, a B.Sc. degree holder. She is calm and gentle and beautiful in many ways. She is a mother of 4 children and 4 months pregnant with the 5th. She is a strong christian and active member of her church. Her husband is neither here nor there. He is a Christian, but everything he does seems to come right from the devil's warehouse. He beats his wife at random and then heads to church to pray.

Like some Nigerian men, he manipulates all the gods. When he likes, he is a traditionalist relying on the customs of his people. At other times, he is a Christian quoting from the bible, particular the part that keeps women submissive. And finally, when neither the customs nor the Bible could help him, he ran to the Sharia.

This lady met with me today in Abuja in preparation for her ordeal in the Sharia Court next week. The man is actually asking the Sharia to assist him in getting separation from his wife for 6 months. Since she is 4-months pregnant, we seem to understand what he wants. He does't want to be bothered with her pregnancy headaches or costs. He wants to receive the baby only after he has confirmed it is a boy.

The lady gave me a list of woes she has encountered in the hands of this man. The latest is the fact that despite her Christian faith, the man secretly converted her to Islam.

I had a number of options and suggestion to make to this woman. I wanted to advise her to divorce the man outright rather than face the Sharia. But I remembered that many of the people in this group have insisted that God hates divorce. By implication, they are of the view that this woman should rather go with her husband to their new religion rather than divorce him. (By the way, all those in this group who insist that God hates it for this woman to divorce this man, raise your hands because I am about to advise her to divorce him).

Anyway, all effort is being made to protect this woman against all odds. Her greatest concern is her children. She doesn't want to be separated from her children. She has suffered so much in the hands of this man that she doesn't care about him any more. It is just her children. So, we are going to make sure that whatever happens, she will be with her children.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/see-photos-of-woman-whose-husband-took.html

The same Emeka Ugwuonye who abandoned his wife in the US is now defending human rights cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Chai!!! Otu ochaaaa cheesy cheesy grin grin. Ara a gbakwala onye ara N'ikpo ndi ara grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by AlBaqir(m): 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
CastedDude:

# I think she should go ahead with the husband to the sharia court. The husband will be greatly disappointed. Sharia laws protect the right of wife in a very strictest ways.

# Even if the husband wants divorce, the sharia law will definitely rule in the woman's favor:

* The fact that she's pregnant, she cannot leave the house until she delivered and nurture the baby and it is a must for the husband to take proper care of her. That is sharia.

* Ordinarily, divorce in Islam is not an easy thing. In the sight of Sharia, if the husband pronounced it (i.e divorce), it doesn't count. The woman will continue to live with the man for at least three months while it is a must for the husband to feed, clothes, and provide every necessary need of her. Then if after that period, the man insist on divorce (on three occasion), then it will be granted.

* Then no doubt he will be heavily responsible for the upkeep of his children.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Origin(f): 9:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
Why do we just love sensationalism?? What's the point of this post with no head or tail.

The husband is Emeka Elvis.. what is he looking for in sharia court

Sharia court judgments are not enforceable on christians. Why is the lawyer bringing his client's case to social media for? Except to seek support from the overzealous over religious people of Nigeria who do not consider a case on its merits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
cleatoris:

if he were to convert to christenity you want cry fowl

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
Please why are all Nigerian men so hope.less.

None of them are reasonable or mature.

I keep telling our women to stop associating with black men especially Nigerians because they are beasts and very irresponsible.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Triplets Who Married Their Wives Same Day In Enugu Welcome Baby Boys - Pictures / I Caught Her Cheating, Wedding In Two Months, Should I Go Ahead Out Of Pity? / Photo Of Little Boy Sucking A Mannequin Has Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.