Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi (2358 Views)

Buhari: "Osinbajo's VP Position Threatened" / Photos Of Buhari & Osinbajo Laughing Hard In Office Today As Osinbajo Briefs Him / How Osinbajo Failed Robert Greene's1st Law Of Power "Never Outshine Your Master" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 10:16am On Mar 18, 2017
By Taboola
Why those who tried to create a wedge between Buhari, Osinbajo failed – Femi Adesina
ON March 18, 2017
7:18 AM / IN Interview ,
News , Politics /
Comments
By Bashir Adefaka
But for the honesty and principled nature of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, mischief makers would have mounted a wedge between him and President Muhammadu Buhari, during the president’s 49-day recent medical vacation in the United Kingdom when Osinbajo functioned as acting president, Mr. Femi Adesina, Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, has said. In this interview, Adesina spoke among others on how Osinbajo disappointed those who tried to create problems between him and Buhari.
His take on comments by Afenifere chieftain, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, he and Alhaji Lai Mohammed did not tell the truth about President Buhari’s health status during the recent controversies on the issue.
I saw the report and I was not surprised. Papa Adebanjo is somebody we respect very well as a foremost Awoist, a foremost Yoruba leader and a man of conviction and integrity. But I am not surprised that Papa said what he was reported to have said and that is all I can say about that.
But there were other people who shared that view
There are people who just want to believe the worst about this government. So, if those people have said that the truth that we told them was not enough or opposite of what they want to hear, I am also not surprised that they too would so speak.
Most of those people, whoever they are, go and watch them very well, from their antecedents about the Buhari administration, you too will not be surprised that they would be looking forward to hearing something like that.
Adesina, Buhari’s SA Media and Publicity
Why do you think some Nigerians would be happy to hear bad news about their President?
It is a matter of conviction and they have a right to it. But all I know is that those of us who are Buharists, we have a right to our conviction and those of them who are not, they have a right to their conviction and we don’t begrudge them.
Some have accused a particular tribe of propagating false information about the President and his government. Do you see it like that?
I think this issue goes beyond a particular tribe wanting to hear negative or the worst about this government or about the head of the government, President Buhari. It is about our collective humanity. Our collective humanity demands that if we see a man going through certain challenges, we sympathise or even empathise with that person. That is what I have not seen in most of them and which is very surprising.
Those of them who say they need to know what the truth is about the President’s health; it is not because they are sincere about it. A lot of them just want to know what they think they should know for mischief making and not because of sincerity.
Now, what does the controversy surrounding the President’s health tell you about Nigerians as politicians and people?
It shows two things: That there are very good Nigerians, who have been praying for the President and have shown genuine concern. And on the flip side it also shows that there are some mischievous Nigerians. All they want is to hear bad news, particularly about those in authority.
You have seen what the mischievous people have done with it. They said he was dead at a time.They said he was in a hospital. They said he has done this surgery and that he has lost his voice. There was nothing they have not concocted. So, it shows that some people are simply mischievous and their interest in knowing the health status of the President is so that they could make mischief with it.
But then, there is a large number of Nigerians, who are genuinely concerned and they are praying not just for the President alone but also for God to strengthen him to be able to successfully fix Nigeria for them.
We saw the media assessment of Osinbajo acting presidency based on which Senator Ben Bruce said Osinbajo should teach Buhari how to perform. What is your take on that?
It is all mischief and, fortunately, the Political Adviser to the President, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, came out to say that there should be no attempt to erect a demarcation between President Buhari and Osinbajo. Their role in the presidency is one. It is a ticket. There is the President, there is the Vice President and then Vice President was Acting President but the President is still the head of the team. So, any attempt to begin to demarcate between the President and the Acting President is exercise in futility. It is an exercise in mischief and we should just ignore anybody who says that.
His take on peoples’ turnaround commendation of Osinbajo’s performance as acting president after their calls on President Buhari to change him as head of the economic team on the grounds that it was wrong to make a lawyer head of the economic team.
That tells you the kind of people they are. It just shows that they just wanted to create a wedge between the President and the Vice President. But they don’t know the Acting President. He is a cerebral, sober, decent person and will not allow them to drag him into anything.
If President Buhari’s administration is to be judged today, what can the scorecard be?
Well, I would rather want an outsider to do the scoring. I am an insider and so I am not the best person to do the scoring. But by the grace of God, in May, when the administration will be two years in office, we will do a mid-term report and then you will see the successes of this administration in security, anti-corruption and economy. Even economy that was a bit sticky is turning round. I am sure there is going to be a lot to say about this administration when it is two years in office.
His message to Nigerians
Those, who queued in the sun and in the rain to vote, knew that they were electing a President for four years. They didn’t elect him for one year, two years or three years. They elected him for four years. And it is just going to be mid-term in May this year. Those, who genuinely queued and voted, know that the person, whom they voted for, will deliver.
If some people are being very critical now, it could be people, whose loyalty was only skin-deep. But the true loyalists know that this government will deliver and they are willing to wait because they didn’t elect the President for one year or two years, they elected him for four years and, at least, majority of the promises will be kept because government is a continuum. So, whatever the government has said it will do, it will do.
We know that there is a difference between what the expectations were and what was actually met on ground when this government took over. Anybody that is discerning would know that the government stepped into a mess economically and it’s been working to build a new foundation for the Nigerian economy. Within four years they will see that foundation solidly built.
Taking you back to your reference to the mess the government stepped into upon taking over, some people are saying this idea of blaming the past government for the economic woes of the nation should stop. But the President said that he would continue to talk about it…
Yes. And the President is right because there is usually a nexus between the past and the present. If you don’t recognise this, you are bound to commit the same mistake of the past. The President would continue to talk about it because the consequences of the actions and inactions of the past are here with us.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/tried-create-wedge-buhari-osinbajo-failed-femi-adesina/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2017
They didn't fail. They just stated the obvious that Osinbajo is better than PMB.
QED

5 Likes

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by Young03(m): 10:20am On Mar 18, 2017
good
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by Larryfest(m): 10:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Abegi we are tired of all this nonsense epistle joor, he is now back isn't he? so let him prove himself better than his vice....

6 Likes

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by vedaxcool(m): 10:31am On Mar 18, 2017
[s]
ourema:
They didn't fail. They just started the obvious that Osinbajo is better than PMB.
QED
[/s]

Please use entire pack at once.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by thinkdip(m): 10:31am On Mar 18, 2017
Femi Adeshina, the man who compete with lie muhammed for the best liar. Talk without thinking

4 Likes

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 10:45am On Mar 18, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]
Am not Lai Mohammed. I just told you the truth

4 Likes

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by okosodo: 10:52am On Mar 18, 2017
Osinbajo did not do well, he only did better than buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by peteregwu(m): 11:33am On Mar 18, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

It is not the issue of jealousy. You are not observant at all, you just like a man walking with his head rather than legs.

1 Like

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 11:57am On Mar 18, 2017
peteregwu:

It is not the issue of jealousy. You are not observant at all, you just like a man walking with his head rather than legs.

Please tell him

1 Like

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by vedaxcool(m): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2017
peteregwu:

ourema:

Am not Lai Mohammed. I just told you the truth

Keep deluding yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
ourema:
They didn't fail. They just stated the obvious that Osinbajo is better than PMB.
QED
Pained....Next time, try choosing between your dad or mum...
The success of one is the success of the other and vice versa...

2 Likes

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 3:42pm On Mar 18, 2017
LouisVanGaal:
Pained....Next time, try choosing between your dad or mum...
The success of one is the success of the other and vice versa...
What is wrong if I say Osinbajo is better than PMB

1 Like

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by LouisVanGaal(m): 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
ourema:

What is wrong if I say Osinbajo is better than PMB
It depends on your intention for making the statement...
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 4:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
LouisVanGaal:
It depends on your intention for making the statement...
I don't really care about the ulterior motive of people. Look deeper within you, you know that Osinbajo is better than PMB

1 Like

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by Blue3k(m): 4:46pm On Mar 18, 2017
ourema:

I don't really care about the ulterior motive of people. Look deeper within you, you know that Osinbajo is better than PMB

He has more charisma. Theres only a few real policy difference between two. I see is he's better at lip service towards ND than Buhari.
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by omenkaLives(m): 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2017
vedaxcool:

LMAO. Abi!

They failed woefully because most Nigerians, just like the President and his vice, aren't creatures like them, driven by primordial instincts such as hate and mistrust. We saw right through all their devilish plots and fell not for a single one of them.

Really hurt them and would continue hurting them all their actions bore not a single fruit as the friendship between the first families remain as awesome as ever.

God bless and preserve them for us, amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2017
Blue3k:

He has more charisma. Theres only a few real policy difference between two. I see is he's better at lip service towards ND than Buhari.
You refer to the approach to policies by Osinbajo as lip service? I don't think so
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by LouisVanGaal(m): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2017
ourema:

Like I said earlier, between ur dad and mum (sorry for using did as a reference), you knw who is better 'personality-wise' right but do you go outside making a case about who is better and why?? Hell No!!!!! or would it be wise for you to be drawn into such controversy
Same thing with this situation...They are a 'couple'....that's what Most Nigerians and people of this part of the world don't know...the current ministers, federal legislators( 8th NASS) and judiciary...all have roles to play...afterall there are 3 organs of government...A failure by one is a failure to all

1 Like

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by vedaxcool(m): 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
omenkaLives:
LMAO. Abi!

They failed woefully because most Nigerians, just like the President and his vice, aren't creatures like them, driven by primordial instincts such as hate and mistrust. We saw right through all their devilish plots and fell not for a single one of them.

Really hurt them and would continue hurting them all their actions bore not a single fruit as the friendship between the first families remain as awesome as ever.

amen bros... it is not healthy dor people to live with so much hate but cownu pikin them have manage to live and breath on hate.
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
LouisVanGaal:
Like I said earlier, between ur dad and mum (sorry for using did as a reference), you knw who is better 'personality-wise' right but do you go outside making a case about who is better and why?? Hell No!!!!! or would it be wise for you to be drawn into such controversy
Same thing with this situation...They are a 'couple'....that's what Most Nigerians and people of this part of the world don't know...the current ministers, federal legislators( 8th NASS) and judiciary...all have roles to play...afterall there are 3 organs of government...A failure by one is a failure to all
My dear the art of governance is different from man and woman relationship in marriage

2 Likes

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2017
omenkaLives:
LMAO. Abi!

Why is it difficult for some people to accept the verdict that Osinbajo is better than PMB?

2 Likes

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2017
LalasticlAlA
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Ishilove
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
ourema:

My dear the art of governance is different from man and woman relationship in marriage
whether you like it or not, politics is about relationship with people...in the so-called 'governance '..are you not dealing with people?
who makes up a government...is it not the people??
so what ever happens in a marriage relationship between couples can still be seen on a larger platform in governance... e. g lack of trust, Infidelity, stagnation etc..
good night..
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
LouisVanGaal:
whether you like it or not, politics is about relationship with people...in the so-called 'governance '..are you not dealing with people?
who makes up a government...is it not the people??
so what ever happens in a marriage relationship between couples can still be seen on a larger platform in governance... e. g lack of trust, Infidelity, stagnation etc..
good night..
No sir. Marriage relationship is different from governance. It is never a kindergarten birthday party where they share candies. Governing Nigeria is a serious business

1 Like

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 3:31am On Mar 19, 2017
peteregwu:

Who is walking with the head? Osinbajo or PMB?
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by opalu: 5:23am On Mar 19, 2017
Good
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 7:13am On Mar 19, 2017
opalu:
Good
What is good
Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2017
ourema:
By Taboola
Why those who tried to create a wedge between Buhari, Osinbajo failed – Femi Adesina
ON March 18, 2017
7:18 AM / IN Interview ,
News , Politics /
Comments
By Bashir Adefaka
But for the honesty and principled nature of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, mischief makers would have mounted a wedge between him and President Muhammadu Buhari, during the president’s 49-day recent medical vacation in the United Kingdom when Osinbajo functioned as acting president, Mr. Femi Adesina, Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, has said. In this interview, Adesina spoke among others on how Osinbajo disappointed those who tried to create problems between him and Buhari.
His take on comments by Afenifere chieftain, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, he and Alhaji Lai Mohammed did not tell the truth about President Buhari’s health status during the recent controversies on the issue.
I saw the report and I was not surprised. Papa Adebanjo is somebody we respect very well as a foremost Awoist, a foremost Yoruba leader and a man of conviction and integrity. But I am not surprised that Papa said what he was reported to have said and that is all I can say about that.
But there were other people who shared that view
There are people who just want to believe the worst about this government. So, if those people have said that the truth that we told them was not enough or opposite of what they want to hear, I am also not surprised that they too would so speak.
Most of those people, whoever they are, go and watch them very well, from their antecedents about the Buhari administration, you too will not be surprised that they would be looking forward to hearing something like that.
Adesina, Buhari’s SA Media and Publicity
Why do you think some Nigerians would be happy to hear bad news about their President?
It is a matter of conviction and they have a right to it. But all I know is that those of us who are Buharists, we have a right to our conviction and those of them who are not, they have a right to their conviction and we don’t begrudge them.
Some have accused a particular tribe of propagating false information about the President and his government. Do you see it like that?
I think this issue goes beyond a particular tribe wanting to hear negative or the worst about this government or about the head of the government, President Buhari. It is about our collective humanity. Our collective humanity demands that if we see a man going through certain challenges, we sympathise or even empathise with that person. That is what I have not seen in most of them and which is very surprising.
Those of them who say they need to know what the truth is about the President’s health; it is not because they are sincere about it. A lot of them just want to know what they think they should know for mischief making and not because of sincerity.
Now, what does the controversy surrounding the President’s health tell you about Nigerians as politicians and people?
It shows two things: That there are very good Nigerians, who have been praying for the President and have shown genuine concern. And on the flip side it also shows that there are some mischievous Nigerians. All they want is to hear bad news, particularly about those in authority.
You have seen what the mischievous people have done with it. They said he was dead at a time.They said he was in a hospital. They said he has done this surgery and that he has lost his voice. There was nothing they have not concocted. So, it shows that some people are simply mischievous and their interest in knowing the health status of the President is so that they could make mischief with it.
But then, there is a large number of Nigerians, who are genuinely concerned and they are praying not just for the President alone but also for God to strengthen him to be able to successfully fix Nigeria for them.
We saw the media assessment of Osinbajo acting presidency based on which Senator Ben Bruce said Osinbajo should teach Buhari how to perform. What is your take on that?
It is all mischief and, fortunately, the Political Adviser to the President, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, came out to say that there should be no attempt to erect a demarcation between President Buhari and Osinbajo. Their role in the presidency is one. It is a ticket. There is the President, there is the Vice President and then Vice President was Acting President but the President is still the head of the team. So, any attempt to begin to demarcate between the President and the Acting President is exercise in futility. It is an exercise in mischief and we should just ignore anybody who says that.
His take on peoples’ turnaround commendation of Osinbajo’s performance as acting president after their calls on President Buhari to change him as head of the economic team on the grounds that it was wrong to make a lawyer head of the economic team.
That tells you the kind of people they are. It just shows that they just wanted to create a wedge between the President and the Vice President. But they don’t know the Acting President. He is a cerebral, sober, decent person and will not allow them to drag him into anything.
If President Buhari’s administration is to be judged today, what can the scorecard be?
Well, I would rather want an outsider to do the scoring. I am an insider and so I am not the best person to do the scoring. But by the grace of God, in May, when the administration will be two years in office, we will do a mid-term report and then you will see the successes of this administration in security, anti-corruption and economy. Even economy that was a bit sticky is turning round. I am sure there is going to be a lot to say about this administration when it is two years in office.
His message to Nigerians
Those, who queued in the sun and in the rain to vote, knew that they were electing a President for four years. They didn’t elect him for one year, two years or three years. They elected him for four years. And it is just going to be mid-term in May this year. Those, who genuinely queued and voted, know that the person, whom they voted for, will deliver.
If some people are being very critical now, it could be people, whose loyalty was only skin-deep. But the true loyalists know that this government will deliver and they are willing to wait because they didn’t elect the President for one year or two years, they elected him for four years and, at least, majority of the promises will be kept because government is a continuum. So, whatever the government has said it will do, it will do.
We know that there is a difference between what the expectations were and what was actually met on ground when this government took over. Anybody that is discerning would know that the government stepped into a mess economically and it’s been working to build a new foundation for the Nigerian economy. Within four years they will see that foundation solidly built.
Taking you back to your reference to the mess the government stepped into upon taking over, some people are saying this idea of blaming the past government for the economic woes of the nation should stop. But the President said that he would continue to talk about it…
Yes. And the President is right because there is usually a nexus between the past and the present. If you don’t recognise this, you are bound to commit the same mistake of the past. The President would continue to talk about it because the consequences of the actions and inactions of the past are here with us.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/tried-create-wedge-buhari-osinbajo-failed-femi-adesina/

Re: Why Those Who Tried To Create A Wedge Between Buhari, Osinbajo Failed – Femi by ourema(f): 1:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
Those of them who say they need to know what the truth is about the President’s health; it is not because they are sincere about it. A lot of them just want to know what they think they should know for mischief making and not because of sincerity.[b]Those of them who say they need to know what the truth is about the President’s health; it is not because they are sincere about it. A lot of them just want to know what they think they should know for mischief making and not because of sincerity.[/b]Those of them who say they need to know what the truth is about the President’s health; it is not because they are sincere about it. A lot of them just want to know what they think they should know for mischief making and not because of sincerity.

(1) (Reply)

So What Is Biafra's Exit Plan? / After Declaring His Interest In 2019 Presidency,See What Fayose Was Spoted Doing / Nnamdi Kanu Has Lost Control Of IPOB – South East Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.