Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,649 members, 7,955,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd (36409 Views)

Iyanaira: Kemi Olunloyo To Begin Her Music Career. Check Out Her Stage Name / Sack Stephanie Busari - Kemi Olunloyo To CNN / Kemi Olunloyo To Iyabo Ojo: Don't Call Me Aunty Kem Kem, I'm 15 Years Older (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by oluwasheun94(m): 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
Vacora:

Let's be friends since you are so desperate for one. I take you out for a fancy meal and then buy that bra and skirt that you are desperately searching for?
I am sorry i do not befriend animals like you. wait, did i say i am sorry? gtfoh ok, sensitive bih, i am so sorry.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Moneyyy: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Vacora(m): 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=oluwasheun94 post=54746902] I am sorry i do not befriend animals like you. wait, did i say i am sorry? gtfoh ok, sensitive bih, i am so sorry.[/quote

And you need some elastic tights? I think a gown will fit you nicely.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by ImaIma1(f): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2017
Vacora:

That's the problem. It is very worrying no one sees how far reaching this issue is. I find it disturbing that anyone including this third rate "journalist" can be arrested on trumped up charges or hearsay evidence and then remanded for an undisclosed term. It can happen to anyone.The allegations are spurious and her arrest serves no purpose. As much as I don't pay her any attention, we have much more pressing matters as a nation than a pastor whose "feelings" have been hurt by some crackpot bloggist. Our senators and politicians are robbing us blind and they are walking free as a bird. Criticize them and see yourself being arrested too for 'cybercrime' too.

Yes we have more pressing issues. But answer this question...did she commit an offence that is punishable by the law?
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by oluwasheun94(m): 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=Vacora post=54747068][/quote] i said gtfoh. gay!!!!!
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by x12345678x: 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
Eddygourdo:
despite your knowledge of all u claimed, everyone on this thread has still observed you a fool. If fools keep quiet we may miss them, but with you haven spoken. Thanks for erasing all doubts
I share his opinion and just a lil lesson: if someone has a different opinion from the one u fink is ryt...doesn't make 'em foolish. Just a quick question for u...how constitutional is it dat someone who hasn't gone to court is sent to prison?. I don't even want to discuss the Christian part cuz it's a shame to Jesus. This lady seems to talk a lot, if u feel she has said false things about u...then u SUE her for defamation. If she is found guilty, she faces the penalty whether it be prison time or fines...u don't 'order' people to throw her in jail before she sees the court just because ur rich and powerful. Na which kind nonsense una day support sef.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Vacora(m): 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2017
ImaIma1:

Yes we have more pressing issues. But answer this question...did she commit an offence that is punishable by the law?

No. Let the courts decide if she committed an actual offence and not the court of social media or public opinion. I don't frankly care whose ox is gored.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Vacora(m): 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
oluwasheun94:
i said gtfoh. gay!!!!!

Not what your mum said last night. But I did not want to bring her into it but she would not leave after last night and I am a gentleman. Hold on whilst I bring out my flute to play you a tune...
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by oluwasheun94(m): 6:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
Vacora:

Not what your mum said last night. But I did not want to bring her into it but she would not leave after last night and I am a gentleman. Hold on whilst I bring out my flute to play you a tune...
seen.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by x12345678x: 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
Zeuz007:

What is defamation?
According to the Criminal Code in section 373, a defamatory matter is a matter likely to injure the reputation of any person by exposing him to hatred, contempt, or ridicule, or likely to damage any person in his profession or trade by any injury to his reputation. Such matter may be expressed in spoken words or in any audible sounds, or in words legibly marked on any substance whatever, or by any sign or object signifying such matter otherwise than by words, and may be expressed either directly or by insinuation or irony. It is immaterial whether at the time of the publication of the defamatory matter; the person concerning whom such matter is published is living or dead. In essence, saying anything likely to damage the reputation of a person may be considered defamatory.
Defamation could either be a libel or slander, it is considered libel when the false statement is published in written form for instance in newspapers, magazines and the web but considered slander when it is spoken.

What are the legal consequences of defamation?
Any person, who publishes any defamatory matter, is guilty of a misdemeanour and is liable to imprisonment for one year; and any person who publishes any defamatory matter knowing it to be false, is liable to imprisonment for two years. Also, any person who publishes, or threatens to publish, or offers to abstain from publishing, or offers to prevent the publication of defamatory matter, with intent to extort money or other property, or with intent to induce any person to give, confer, procure, or attempt to procure, to, upon, or for, any person, any property or benefit of any kind, is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for seven years (Section 375 – 376, Criminal code).
Good, so doesn't a matter have to go to court first before the accused is locked up in jail?. How do u SUE someone for defamation and d person is quickly remanded in prison(isnt that the place of a judge to deny bail? ). Plz educate me..thank you
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by x12345678x: 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
oluwasheun94:
i know there is freedom of speech. but that doesn't mean you should abuse it. by d way, do u know the meaning of slander and libel? i suggest u check your dictionary. its high time journalism became responsible in nigeria. she just happens to be a scapegoat
If u feel someone is putting out lies against u in public space dat defames ur character, u SUE dem!... not order people to lock dem up in jails before day even goto court. Na prison she day oo..nor b police station

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by x12345678x: 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
Zeuz007:

The topic said they're taking her case to court on the 23rd. As for her arrest, the pastor can't be charged with anything. That's she's still in cell is her wahala, she should get a good lawyer to bail her. The bail stuff is the problem of the police not the pastor.
She nor dey cell..is is in Port Harcourt prisons. Now u where saying?...
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Esepayne(f): 7:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
Good news then
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by x12345678x: 7:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
ImaIma1:

Dat is for a judge to decide, don't u fink?
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Ken4Christ: 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
How many persons did Jesus arrested? They called him all kinds of names but he did not bother but continued with his ministry work.

If someone defames your character, sue him or her to court rather than use your position and wealth to imprison the person. This is what was attempted on Stephanie Otobo but she was lucky to have a good lawyer.

This is oppression and it is not fair. She can be sued but not detained in prison. This is unjust.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Lawalemi(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
This is not good news at all. why are Nigerians very heartless? they think they are better than others. This woman did not hurt anyone but speak her mind. We are in a democratic government and our constitution protects our freedom of speech. There are millions of thieves, killers and looters out there being celebrated by Nigerians. This woman never stole our money, she did not rape our kids, she did not kill anyone, she did not break the law, she did not steal anyone's husband, she only spoke her opinions. Are we not supposed to speak our minds? Must we all have the same viewpoints? We have all either insulted our presidents and governors or wished them dead. Patience jonathan was called all sort of names and everyone found pleasure and fun in it. GEJ was ridiculed like an item and no one found it insulting that our president was the object of mockery. Obasanjo was called a monkey and no one was arrested. Some people wished death for Buhari and no one was arrested even as they are surprised that he returned from the UK. How would you all feel if you get locked up for your thoughts? Are they not equally evil? TB Joshua has not responded for failing to appear in court 2 times. Isn't that an arrestable offense by our constitution? Yet many people are solidly supporting him when the families of the people who died on his property still cry over the loss.
How could you arrest someone and lock her up till the 23rd as if she is not protected by the law? Biafrans hate Buhari for locking Nnamdi Kanu up against his constitutional right and i am surprised some of them rejoice over same treatment meted out on kemi. Is kemi now worse than the Fulani herdsmen killing people everywhere? Is she worse than the Boko haram committing carnage for half a decade now? Mr DPO are you not aware that the nation needs your services in Sambisa forest? The pastor that arrested her, is he representing Jesus or Juju? How could a pastor arrest someone for defaming him? Matthew 10:22; Matthew 24:9; Luke 21:12 judging by these scriptures, that pastor is not a Christian. What name can one have when Jesus himself was blasphemed and killed? Now. the pastor is the one killing someone. What does he preach on a Sunday? Does he pray to God or to DPO?
Kemi did not devalue our naira, she did not put us in this recession, she did not contest for any political post. Even if you kill her, your condition remains stable.
Let Nigerians have their freedom to speak their minds even if it opposes your beliefs. Rejoicing over this unfair treatment against her means denying yourself and your children the right to speech. Person way talk must die? See Nigerians are butchered every day in south Africa and languishing in the prisons over there. MTN and DSTV bosses have not been arrested. When e reach for where dem go show muscles dem go day act like baby. Na poor man body dem day get power.
#freeKemiOlunloyo
#freedomofthepress
#letthecommonmanvoicehisthought
#thepoorhaveopinions
I'm surprised at the dummies celebrating her detention

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Michellla(f): 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
Moneyyy:
Not proud of your own hair?
any crime in admiring? grin

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by distilledwalex(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
ptolemy247:
Its funny how nigerians laud the police for locking Kemi for accusing Pastor David of adultery while Otobo is being praised for pulling down Apostle Suleman.

The two cases are not even related in any ways.. Otobo is the victim accusing Suleman of whatever. . But this madam is a rumour monger... A charater killer...
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Moneyyy: 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2017
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by roselynbas(f): 12:00am On Mar 20, 2017
weedtheweeds:
This is not good news at all. why are Nigerians very heartless? they think they are better than others. This woman did not hurt anyone but speak her mind. We are in a democratic government and our constitution protects our freedom of speech. There are millions of thieves, killers and looters out there being celebrated by Nigerians. This woman never stole our money, she did not rape our kids, she did not kill anyone, she did not break the law, she did not steal anyone's husband, she only spoke her opinions. Are we not supposed to speak our minds? Must we all have the same viewpoints? We have all either insulted our presidents and governors or wished them dead. Patience jonathan was called all sort of names and everyone found pleasure and fun in it. GEJ was ridiculed like an item and no one found it insulting that our president was the object of mockery. Obasanjo was called a monkey and no one was arrested. Some people wished death for Buhari and no one was arrested even as they are surprised that he returned from the UK. How would you all feel if you get locked up for your thoughts? Are they not equally evil? TB Joshua has not responded for failing to appear in court 2 times. Isn't that an arrestable offense by our constitution? Yet many people are solidly supporting him when the families of the people who died on his property still cry over the loss.
How could you arrest someone and lock her up till the 23rd as if she is not protected by the law? Biafrans hate Buhari for locking Nnamdi Kanu up against his constitutional right and i am surprised some of them rejoice over same treatment meted out on kemi. Is kemi now worse than the Fulani herdsmen killing people everywhere? Is she worse than the Boko haram committing carnage for half a decade now? Mr DPO are you not aware that the nation needs your services in Sambisa forest? The pastor that arrested her, is he representing Jesus or Juju? How could a pastor arrest someone for defaming him? Matthew 10:22; Matthew 24:9; Luke 21:12 judging by these scriptures, that pastor is not a Christian. What name can one have when Jesus himself was blasphemed and killed? Now. the pastor is the one killing someone. What does he preach on a Sunday? Does he pray to God or to DPO?
Kemi did not devalue our naira, she did not put us in this recession, she did not contest for any political post. Even if you kill her, your condition remains stable.
Let Nigerians have their freedom to speak their minds even if it opposes your beliefs. Rejoicing over this unfair treatment against her means denying yourself and your children the right to speech. Person way talk must die? See Nigerians are butchered every day in south Africa and languishing in the prisons over there. MTN and DSTV bosses have not been arrested. When e reach for where dem go show muscles dem go day act like baby. Na poor man body dem day get power.
#freeKemiOlunloyo
#freedomofthepress
#thepoorhaveopinions

wait until she dents your image, then, refer to it as freedom of the press. Do you know how many people believed her false accusation without proofs? This will curb her excesses and stand as a deterrent to those doing same!
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by roselynbas(f): 12:03am On Mar 20, 2017
x12345678x:

If u feel someone is putting out lies against u in public space dat defames ur character, u SUE dem!... not order people to lock dem up in jails before day even goto court. Na prison she day oo..nor b police station

So Pastor Ibiyomie ORDERED the Nigerian Police to lock her up without bail? I didn't know he had that much power. Then he should also order the police to lock up our thieving politicians then!! undecided
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 20, 2017
Op, next time add self-acclaimed journalist Abeg
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 20, 2017
weedtheweeds:
#freeKemiOlunloyo
#freedomofthepress
#thepoorhaveopinions

Your sense of reasoning is either akin to a SSCE holder or a Uni drop out. Halfbaked education dey worry you. All the time you were typing this essay on your blackberry curve, you could have developed yourself more. Smh

So because of free speech and democracy, we should then take laws into our hand by destroying people's reputation and brands anyhow abi?
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by weedtheweeds: 4:07am On Mar 20, 2017
Drivel. If you had any form of education at all, you would have learned the definition of courtesy. You are classless. I aired my own viewpoint and if you check it, you will see that almost 100 educated people with good sense of understanding liked it. Coming here to insult me shows how canal you are. It is a forum, bro! You air your thought and I air mine. We must not agree on one thing. I wrote an essay and I agree. but you can barely write a single paragraph. Literates are known for their pen and paper. You have your own blackberry curve with you, but you cannot make a composition without insulting others. What does that make you?
Kemi posted a letter sent to her by his church member and according to her other bloggers did the same. If you are educated, you would have known that character assassination does not mean taking the law into one's hand. It is called libel if unfounded. Your education didn't teach you that, Mr education? For the sake of your Ph.D. or B.Sc, I have corrected some flaws in your sentences to show you that you come from the oven of the 'half-baker" as you mentioned or you are an imposter undeserving of the certificate that you possess.
Bro, do not think you know a thing. This is a forum and you will meet people who are more educated and exposed than you are. Never call someone uneducated on a public forum unless you know such one personally.
sammydirectly:

Your sense of reasoning is either akin to a SSCE holder or a Uni drop out. Halfbaked education dey worry you. All the time you were typing this essay on your blackberry curve, you could have developed yourself more. Smh

So , because of free speech and democracy, we should then take laws into our hand by destroying people's reputation and brands anyhow abi?

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by weedtheweeds: 4:12am On Mar 20, 2017
how about the politicians that you called thieves. have you caught them stealing? do you have any evidence? What about Your friends that you gossip about, haven't you told someone that another person is bad? Hasn't your pastor accused people int he village of hindering your progress? does he have any evidence? Aren't these all libel? People who claimed Buhari was dead in London, isn't that enough evidence for him to sue many people? Don't throw stone if you live in a glass house
roselynbas:

wait until she dents your image, then, refer to it as freedom of the press. Do you know how many people believed her false accusation without proofs? This will curb her excesses and stand as a deterrent to those doing same!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by weedtheweeds: 4:22am On Mar 20, 2017
oxon:
na wa oh plz have you considered the fact she has deformed this mans reputation ..and the mans reputation is his brand , if she keeps deforming this man character it would inversely affect his church business that's like putting this man job on the line she could like to channel this her investigative journalism to exposing senators and whistleblowing , cause I don't seem to see how this is helping society , if not to create trend for nairaland ....attacking one celebrity after another to gain cheap recognition seems hair brained ...this is Africa everybody has that same freedom of speech we that decide to mind our business are we stupid , she has done her part by running her mouth ,he has done his part by arresting her .. there is a thing called law of libel , there is freedom of speech but freedom after injurious speech to persona and character is not actually assured ,t's easy to say free Kemi because its not you she's after...plz let her cool of in jail..imagine she hinges her investigation on what some one told her like seriously the person was on the bed with them ?
You indirectly did the same thing. You just called his church a business and he could as well jail you. Churches are not registered in the category of business, so they are exempted from tax. But, you have ran your own mouth and caused problems just now. You have as well defamed the pastor and his church. What if what you typed just now is used as an evidence against you or against him? Would you claim ignorance? See, there is nothing injurious about everything she said. There only thing injurious is an unjust judicial system. Other countries of the world the best he can do is to sue her and push her to provide evidence to back her claim. The pastors know that if he went through court proceedings, the secret will be revealed. He is doing it unlawfully. No one should sleep in the cell for a day. 24 hours bail. you might be the next victim of the system, you never know

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by weedtheweeds: 4:26am On Mar 20, 2017
Mr. Saint Judge, you just judge me and everyone else that liked the comment.
My stance you asked? On moral and constitution as mentioned in the write up. If you can, read my write up again for understanding
lionson:

Are you basing your stance on marals or what?
When she was busy running other people down including her own father, why you know quote scriptures? Na when e con reach pastor turn you con dey yarn rubbish.
Did you even bother to find out what she did and what her past antecedents has been?
How can a member of a church send you a letter, you didn't bother to verify or investigate then you just post it online and you expect the person concerned to keep quite?
Honestly, she dey lucky shey shey e no pass this one and she will pay dearly for it.
For you, you're hyprocrite of the first order and for everyone liking this dumb comment all of na the same 'Hypocrites'.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by slimshady1983: 4:26am On Mar 20, 2017
Smh
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by jollymizzle(m): 7:06am On Mar 20, 2017
Lawalemi:

I'm surprised at the dummies celebrating her detention
im sorry for her, but honestly we don't need people like her. We are not in America where they get depressed over inadequate gossips. Far from that, we need activists not gossipers

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by x12345678x: 10:58am On Mar 20, 2017
roselynbas:

So Pastor Ibiyomie ORDERED the Nigerian Police to lock her up without bail? I didn't know he had that much power. Then he should also order the police to lock up our thieving politicians then!! undecided
Her bail will be decided by a judge when she does go to court on 23rd. It should be the other way around. Court before jail. Not jail before court. Don't u fink?
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Michellla(f): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2017
Moneyyy:

You can't admire yours? If you can't admire yours how do you expect others to admire it.
Lol.Its not that deep.
Would love to train on hair extensions.
Its a passion i'd love to pursue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Godfather Buys Kemi Korede Toyota SUV, Fans React / Allwell Ademola Celebrates 36th Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Burna Boy Receives A Grammy Wristwatch (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.