Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). (79020 Views)

This Train Passes Directly Through A 19 Storey Residential Building In China / Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) / High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by MarianaTrench: 7:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
Such a project will never be contemplated in a black African country cos we will think of reasons why it will not succeed

1 Like

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
these guys are freaking geniuses. why am i not surprised when i watch an animated movie and on the crew list i see alot of asian names.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by 3kay945(m): 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
I love China and Japan because of their technology. . . I wish to visit that continent in future.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by shammah1(m): 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
They'll even put bomb
Cutehector:
This is what sensible countries do, they make use of their limited resources .. Try this in Nigeria, either the sultan or the emir or the oba or eze of that Land will disagree thereby blocking progress.. They will incite the youths to stage a protest.

Or

The Nigerian government will ask all d occupants of that place to vacate so they will demolish the building so that they can build a railway..

When will Nigeria ever mature ?
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by DanseMacabre(m): 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
Tbh, I entered the thread because the heading sounded like an Armageddon-level snafu.

I was disappointed.

I'm only being honest.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by mekuso89(m): 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
blood of old testament
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Joromi1: 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2017
Inasmuch as I find it fascinating, I'm still not comfortable with it. These are marvelous man-made works of science and technology but they can never be perfect. Even the ignorant Sagamite will agree with me.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by eph123(f): 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
Interesting concept
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by kingsfield(m): 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
irynterri:
they only care about 2019 and jumping from one party to the other,this is 2017 and 2019 inec timetable is out,if they can produce election timetable that swiftly why can't they produce and economy revival timetable and keep to it?

Give dem some credit bro atleast we hv d masquerade n toothpick minister in dis administration.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by igwegeorgiano(m): 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
Cutehector:
oh my gosh!!!!! This is the height of technology..
i hereby recommend chineese weed for our structural nd civil engineers

1 Like

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Cutehector(m): 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
iswallker:

How I wish the FTC guy above can have sense like you....
loool.. grin
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by reubenobi(m): 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
i like dis explorer of a guy
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by HARDDON: 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
The thrilling beauty of the mind, is in its sweet ability to call dreams into reality, intangible into sublime spectacle n making a def mockery of d imposible

..........Don

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by oladokun76: 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
Where is saraki make he came see development oooooooooooo.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by ikp120(m): 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
Very easy. Just create spaces to cast massive pillars (through each of the floors beneath the floor on which the railway tracks will be constructed). Then cast very thick concrete slabs which will rest on the pillars, and construct the railway tracks on the concrete slab. The concrete slab on which the tracks will be constructed MUST NOT touch any of the floor, but just about 1 or 2 feets above the floor through which the track will pass.
That's because the vibration of the trains WILL end up destroying the building if there's continuous contact.

It doesn't involve any special technology, just imagination.

#VeryEasy
#ImagineIt
#DoThatShiit

cool cool cool
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by sekem: 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
Meanwhile somewhere in Africa, the debate on whether to wear a uniform or not is a major national topic.

Cursed race lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by eph123(f): 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
three:
Have our leaders even begun to think of these kinds of schemes?

Do they have the capacity to think up solutions to enhance the lives of the populace without tying it to kickbacks from contracts?

What exactly do Nigerian leaders do?

As long as key appointments are not made based on merit, the wrong people in the wrong places will continue to hold this country down.

1 Like

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Burgerlomo: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
Awon Chinko ti take over
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by stolenstone: 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2017
Shouldn't the occupants of the 19-storey building be worried about the cummulative effect of the vibrations from the passing trains on the structural integrity of the building!
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Explorers(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2017
Basics007:
They build authentic and original structures in their country. Call them to come and do a job in Nigeria they will give you a substandard structure

They gave us what we asked for.

They will tell us that the project will cost $1m, and the cash will be approved from the top.

But our Governors, commisioners, Directors, Ministers, Local Government chairmen will demand and take $500k out of the total $1m.

So what do you expect bro

6 Likes

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by ufuosman(m): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
Dis people are making use of their resources, thunder fire our bad leaders.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Presh555(m): 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Chai! Naija no be country at all... Their mate dey think years ahead, when are we going to catch up... If I have my way, I'm leaving this hell called naija. Make man go flex for Dubai or China
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by VeniJu: 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Cutehector:
This is what sensible countries do, they make use of their limited resources .. Try this in Nigeria, either the sultan or the emir or the oba or eze of that Land will disagree thereby blocking progress.. They will incite the youths to stage a protest.

Or

The Nigerian government will ask all d occupants of that place to vacate so they will demolish the building so that they can build a railway..

When will Nigeria ever mature ?
Dis ur comment got me ROTF.. Especially the Govt. Part. One like is not enof. Check my profile, i have ova 1000 likes. Take d nmbrs of likes u wanttongue
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Horlaz(m): 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
Explorers:
City planners built a railway station in the building, from the sixth to eighth floors.

Residents can hop on the train from their own Liziba station.

A light railway track has been built to go through a hole in a residential 19-storey building in China, a bid to solve the space crisis in the city of Chongqing, China.

The city of Chongqing in the south-east of the country has a population of 49 million packed into 31,000 square miles, causing urban planners to look creatively at solving space issues.

A special railway station was built into the block of houses, set into the sixth to eighth floors.

Residents can hop on Chongqing Rail Transit No.2 at their own Liziba station.

Even though they are living in close quarters to a busy train station, any noise has been muffled by special equipment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4330102/Train-goes-centre-block-flats.html
this is nice innovation
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by RaptorX: 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
Presh555:
Chai! Naija no be country at all... Their mate dey think years ahead, when are we going to catch up... If I have my way, I'm leaving this hell called naija. Make man go flex for Dubai or China
Unfortunately as a black man you can't really flex in those nations, we are not really liked or welcomed anywhere. The answer is to develop our continent not running away to places where you are at best a third class citizen.

4 Likes

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Badgers14: 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
2dugged:
I see things like this and I wonder when we will get rid of the baggage of religious sentiments, political affiliation sentiments, tribal differences, nepotism and bureaucracy and begin to focus on improving our country,I am afraid it might not happen in my time cry

My dear you just nailed it. What you listed are the main problems we face in this country today.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by persius555(m): 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
Asia is the future. The west is overrated. Africa still dey mama belle.

1 Like

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by ziga: 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
Innovative engineering but poor planning.

Not everything created by "Oyinbo" is good.

Trains are very noisy and cause a lot of vibration. Nobody living in those buildings will have any peace.

But Nigerians already live with noise and smoke from Generators... So, I guess we are used to all that stuff.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Beejay1117(m): 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]e account details to you. [/quote]
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by 1metre: 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
Explorers:
To homeowners in the complex, the sound of the train is designed to be as disturbing as the noise from a dishwasher.
for them to hv structured a thing like this in a residential building, the will also create devices that will combat noise
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Beejay1117(m): 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
fadario:
2 FTC in 2 consecutive days "on explorers' thread".

I really said it that this week is gonna be awesome.

#picks up mic.
After all my years on NL, no FTC, I wasn't bothered because I knew its on the way and oluwa made it not just an ordinary FTC but specifically on explorers' thread. Thank you MTN, I thank the mosquitoes again for this. Ciao.
#drops mic. Wetin seun wan use account details for?

Oga seun oya o. I'm pushing the account details to you.
Wetin seun wan use account details for?
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by hatchy(f): 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
Whether you like it or not,we can not compare ourselves with Oyinbo.They think way far ahead of the black man.While we blame them for not advancing due to slavery but the truth remains that the blacks are lazy in scientific and engineering research and production.
China started just about seven decades ago but see where they are today.She is respected among the comity of Nation,even the almighty US knows how powerful in terms of economy and technological advancements that is why they thread with care when China raise any issues internationally.

Something is definitely wrong with the black gene. Walahi!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / ₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.