Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country (8522 Views)

Obasanjo: I Wish My Parents Didn’t Die Early / I Wish To Remind Nigerians That The Whistleblower Lines Are Available - BUHARI / Atiku Lists Some Of His Companies In Twitter Conversation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 7:41am On Mar 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
that is the problem, you expect government to do everything. Yes the govt is non existent, but the role of private people in nation building isn't being utilized. The churches are worth more than all multinationals in nigeria. Imagine tax free unaccounted revenue accruing to be a few people who claim to have the account number of the most high where they remit these monies.

The op is simply saying, if all these monies being concentrated in the hands of a non-producttive sector like religion was put as private contribution to nation building, most of the problems which we have today that makes a lot to run to these churches will be eraadicated.

Have you been to the school and hospitals of thess churches.

Have you tried to consult how many members they've empowered.

Hope you know community services tjis churches have done to their environment.

Get your facts right Mr
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 7:43am On Mar 21, 2017
dabiko:
Nice, the countries you mentioned had proactive and pragmatic leaders that made them what they are today. Did any religion stop them! No. We've got to confront our challenges as a nation and stop this blame game.
you can only have pragmatic leaders in a society where the leaders themselves do not depend solely on divine intervention in nation building. It's all about the mindset, there's so much poverty and hunger in Africa while the real solution lies in agricultural productivity, the religious centers will invite members to their centers in the morning to pray rather than go to the farm to produce more food.

For my friend that is saying that building religious centers doesn't stop building of factories, you need to understand one thing that the essence of going to religious centers is for the people to get solutions to their problems, so if someone is unemployed the person will seek divine intervention in the unemployment, but consider this same person in a society where there is productivity and more jobs, the person will attend church for a different purpose like I earlier mentioned; morals, salvation and eternal destination.

If you think religion is not our undoing in this country then you are yet to visit other countries and see that the mindset is completely different.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 7:45am On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:
the schools and hospitals you mentioned are for profit making built from people's contribution. Was this how the early missionaries did it.

I still insist, if we have 5000 religious centers and 20 manufacturing companies then there's a problem.

Can you answer this simple question.
1. What is a church or religious centre
2. What purpose did they serve.
3. What are the duty of the religious centres.
4. What is manufacturing centre
5. Who built manufacturing centre
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 7:47am On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:
you can only have pragmatic leaders in a society where the leaders themselves do not depend solely on divine intervention in nation building. It's all about the mindset, there's so much poverty and hunger in Africa while the real solution lies in agricultural productivity, the religious centers will invite members to their centers in the morning to pray rather than go to the farm to produce more food.

For my friend that is saying that building religious centers doesn't stop building of factories, you need to understand one thing that the essence of going to religious centers is for the people to get solutions to their problems, so if someone is unemployed the person will seek divine intervention in the unemployment, but consider this same person in a society where there is productivity and more jobs, the person will attend church for a different purpose like I earlier mentioned; morals, salvation and eternal destination.

If you think religion is not our undoing in this country then you are yet to visit other countries and see that the mindset is completely different.

This is your own definition on how people go to church.

If i may ask are you a christian or a muslim or a traditionalist.

This will define going forward
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 7:54am On Mar 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
how can people invest in sme growth when we feel sowing of seeds, tithing and all other rubbish people do aare a panacea for poverty. As long as people still view a divine solution to every of life's ills then we can never develop infrastructually.

The bane of capitalist growth is the private sector, how can that area grow when a majority of people are throwing money voluntarily into non productive religious centres. Very much akin to waiting for manna from heaven in terms of infrastrutural and industrial growth.

What you dony seem to get is that

1. Those you claim pay tithe did so as what they read from their bible and they believe it which is working for them.

2. Have you ever been to the business discussion with this people you said where paying tithes, they testified that God bless their business the more. And when does doing this becomes a crime (because according to you its a crime)

3. Government said (Goverment have no business doing business, but just to make a enabling environment for business to grow)
So a religious centre created to awake the productive consciousness of people to work with their hands is now a wrong place.

Mr. Get your facts right.

Beside are you a Christian/muslim/traditionalists

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 8:00am On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:

You are very wrong on these.

Take a look at USA

www.churchfinder.com/christian-churches-united-states

Now tell me if Nigeria have close to thr number of churches they have.

Better find something productive to do than blaming thr church for your woes

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 8:02am On Mar 21, 2017
engineerboat:

Have you been to the school and hospitals of this churches.

Have you tried to consult how many members they've powered.

Hope you know community services tjis churches have done to their environment.

Get your facts right Mr
You have to get your facts right too my friend, if a private individual owns a school, the person pays tax but the church that owns a school or a hospital doesn't so who contributes more in terms of economic growth and so what if I want to evade tax and then I open a church first and then open a school? The churches are making profit without tax from these ventures.

That's not the point, a society that focuses so much on religion as a panacea for growth and development wallows in poverty because their heads have refused to think and their hands have refused to work. The phones and other advancement in technology, space travel can never be achieved in a society like ours.

Our society is like a student who has an exam and thinks that if he or she goes to the religious center to pray and fast success will be theirs which can never happen, but another chap spends time in the library and laboratory without visiting any religious center will be very successful because all we are looking at is physical growth.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 8:17am On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:
You have to get your facts right too my friend, if a private individual owns a school, the person pays tax but the church that owns a school or a hospital doesn't so who contributes more in terms of economic growth and so what if I want to evade tax and then I open a church first and then open a school? The churches are making profit without tax from these ventures.

That's not the point, a societal that focuses so much on religion as a panacea for growth and development wallows in poverty because their heads have refused to think and their hands have refused to work. The phones and other advancement in technology, space travel can never be achieved in a society like ours.

Our society is like a student who has an exam and thinks that if he or she goes to the religious center to pray and fast success will be theirs which can never happen, but another chap spends time in the library and laboratory without visiting any religious center will be very successful because all we are looking at is physical growth.

Here you get it wrong again.

Church established school pat taxes.

Church pay taxes on their press because people bring in book for them to published.

This show you have no current information on this.

I have evidences on this so i know what am saying.

Once again get your facts right.

On the bolded, get me the 1st class best Student and i will tell you which religious centre they belong and their commitment to the churches.

You keep comparing personal opinions and lifestyle to general church activities.

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 8:23am On Mar 21, 2017
engineerboat:

Can you answer this simple question.
1. What is a church or religious centre
2. What purpose did they serve.
3. What are the duty of the religious centres.
4. What is manufacturing centre
5. Who built manufacturing centre
1. A place where the morals and values of the people are shaped with the hope of eternal destination but in our own case, the religious centres are not actually preaching this as the focus is more on material blessings and this can only be achieved by giving at the religious centres only, and also the religious centres too seem not to care about how these money came about, there's so much stealing going on and the religious centres are mute since they will be the beneficiary at the end, the country is very corrupt, so the religious centre has achieved 5% in that regards.

2. & 3. Like the previous answer to address our spiritual need to reverence our creator to also ensure that virtues of honesty, integrity, truthfulness, justice and righteousness are upheld in the society. "Righteousness exalts a nation...". Why are religious centres quite on the righteousness of the country where sin reigns supreme.

4. & 5. A manufacturing centre is where the productiveness of any society is hinged on. It is from this productiveness lies the answer to the economic growth of any society. So any society that relegates it's productive centres will always rely on religious centres for divine intervention which can never come.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by Eddygourdo(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2017
engineerboat:

1. Those you claim pay tithe did so as what they read from their bible and they believe it which is working for them.

2. Have you ever been to the business discussion with this people you said where paying tithes, they testified that God bless their business the more. And when does doing this becomes a crime (because according to you its a crime)

3. Government said (Goverment have no business doing business, but just to make a enabling environment for business to grow)
So a religious centre created to awake the productive consciousness of people to work with their hands is now a wrong place.

everything oga is all about belief. Doesn't mean it is true. I aam a xtian , but I do not agree with popular non-sustainable belief systems. Mark my words sooner than you know it, we will be religiously saturated. Many will realise that all we have done is build and finance churches , churches do not provide manna from heaven. Churches do not provide tax to govt , churches do not and cannot provide succor to hungry masses. Industries and farm lands do, SME's and cottage industries do. Private cash wasted in soon to be extinct churches would have been used to create opportunities to empower the future generation. Go and read about the fall of relgiousness in the west especially europe and see that history is repeating itself in africa. But our will take longer because africans aren't intelligent people. We will keep looking to manna from heaven, till we realize that religiousness that goes beyond practical moral uprightness was and had been a hoax all along

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2017
engineerboat:

Here you get it wrong again.

Church established school pat taxes.

Church pay taxes on their press because people bring in book for them to published.

This show you have no current information on this.

I have evidences on this so i know what am saying.

Once again get your facts right.

On the bolded, get me the 1st class best Student and i will tell you which religious centre they belong and their commitment to the churches.

You keep comparing personal opinions and lifestyle to general church activities.
That's on the press right but do churches pay taxes?

You don't get it do you. There is so much emphasis on religion thats why we are not productive, I'm sure you have more than two churches on your street, imagine if those were companies, people won't be praying about certain things but in Nigeria we pray about everything.

Imagine if we were Japan where earthquake happens often and they are sure it's always going to happen, they prepare for it, fix their roads immediately it happens and move on, but in our society without natural disasters, a road can be bad and not motorable for years without being fixed. We are not proactive because we ascribe everything to the divine. If we were in Japan, we will all live at our various religious centres to fast and pray about a reoccurrence and possibly sacrifice humans to appease the gods.

Religious centres is a means to get wealth from a disfunctional society like ours where people are hopeless!
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 8:38am On Mar 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
everything oga is all about belief. Doesn't mean it is true. I aam a xtian , but I do not agree with popular non-sustainable belief systems. Mark my words sooner than you know it, we will be religiously saturated. Many will realise that all we have done is build and finance churches , churches do not provide manna from heaven. Churches do not provide tax to govt , churches do not and cannot provide succor to hungry masses. Industries and farm lands do, SME's and cottage industries do. Private cash wasted in soon to be extinct churches would have been used to create opportunities to empower the future generation. Go and read about the fall of relgiousness in the west especially europe and see that history is repeating itself in africa. But our will take longer because africans aren't intelligent people. We will keep looking to manna from heaven, till we realize that religiousness that goes beyond practical moral uprightness was and had been a hoax all along
I just respect this dude! You really get the drift. Praying for employment doesn't create jobs miraculously, the people need to plan and take their own destines in their own hands and stop waiting for manna from heaven which isn't forth coming.

We focus too much on religion which hasn't helped us achieve a good nation as a people!

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by paschu: 8:42am On Mar 21, 2017
In the mideaval times you said? Well, go back and check your facts again. And, while you're at it, try to remind yourself that Judeo-Christian ethos have always been the pillars and foundations of the Western civilization. And it's not a coincedence that the West has remained in the vanguard of science, education, medicine and technology for centuries.

Fact, Europe lost her scientific glory to the US largely due to her recent tilt to satanism and atheism. And if the US follows that line, South East Asia will take over. The signs are already there. And if the Christian parts of Southern and Western Africa keep upholding the true Christisn values, it would soon be their turn to join the league of progressive nations.

Christianity is the primary reason the Southern Nigeria seems more progressive than the Nothern part. This is also true about South Korea compared to her Nothern counterpart. And though the South Korea is still predominantly Buhdists, yet the timeline of their economic revolution corelates amazingly with that of the inroad of Christianity into their country. And so my point is that this trend has always been a universal phenominon across the various siginificantly Christian nations of the world.

EnkayDezign:

That statement my friend is controversial at best. Are you talking about the Church that was well known for persecuting famous scientists, and luminaries of medieval times? So much so that they had to go underground and form their societies of illuminati, and were subsequently labelled (again by the church) as devil worshippers. A mistaken identity that still follows the illuminati as we speak, they were in truth a society of luminaries and thinkers, the likes of galileo and da vinci? No, you must be confused

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 9:09am On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:
1. A place where the morals and values of the people are shaped with the hope of eternal destination but in our own case, the religious centres are not actually preaching this as the focus is more on material blessings and this can only be achieved by giving at the religious centres only, and also the religious centres too seem not to care about how these money came about, there's so much stealing going on and the religious centres are mute since they will be the beneficiary at the end, the country is very corrupt, so the religious centre has achieved 5% in that regards.

2. & 3. Like the previous answer to address our spiritual need to reverence our creator to also ensure that virtues of honesty, integrity, truthfulness, justice and righteousness are upheld in the society. "Righteousness exalts a nation...". Why are religious centres quite on the righteousness of the country where sin reigns supreme.

4. & 5. A manufacturing centre is where the productiveness of any society is hinged on. It is from this productiveness lies the answer to the economic growth of any society. So any society that relegates it's productive centres will always rely on religious centres for divine intervention which can never come.

Have you been to deeper life Campus congress before.
Have you ever attended deepee life youth success cam before/youth success camp.
Have ever been to RCCG youth summit
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 9:15am On Mar 21, 2017
engineerboat:

1. We may have to deal with this issue of tithing in another thread.

2. What's the correlation between a business that is managed well and tithe payment? So according to your analogy, businesses that crashed didn't pay tithes. A flawed thinking which justifies earlier assertion that instead of investing in man power development for more productivity the focus is more on paying tithes and also are you saying that businesses owned by non Christians who do not pay tithes would not flourish?

Let me also let you know that there's a natural law for giving, irrespective of your religion that's why any one who helps people is always blessed by God.

3. That assertion is very wrong! Government has business doing business and their business is to generate electricity, build roads, rails and airports to fast track movement of goods and services, build hospitals to sustain the well being of business men and women, provide loans to business, build and equip schools to provide the man power to keep growing the economy. They make their own profit called taxes at the end so government needs to be in business.

Religious centers do not awake the productiveness in any society because it's not their duty to do so. The government, schools are supposed to do it. The religious centers should attend to my spiritual well being, how to live a righteous life.

I'm am a Christian that doesn't believe in the prosperity gospel preached by most churches in a corrupt country like ours
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 9:24am On Mar 21, 2017
engineerboat:

Have you been to deeper life Campus congress before.
Have you ever attended deepee life youth success cam before/youth success camp.
Have ever been to RCCG youth summit
What's your point? They are not policy makers so most of these summits are speech making occasions which doesn't change anything even the leaders go to world conferences which doesn't also translate to something tangible.

A serious country that wants to grow will focus more on productive ventures, they plan and strategize for the future rather than try to wish away the inevitable through prayers.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 9:33am On Mar 21, 2017
engineerboat:

You are very wrong on these.

Take a look at USA

www.churchfinder.com/christian-churches-united-states

Now tell me if Nigeria have close to thr number of churches they have.

Better find something productive to do than blaming thr church for your woes
It's always easier to attack the person rather than the issue when the false truth we hold is threatened. Who told you that I'm not productive and so I'm blaming the church. Argue within the context, I'm not here to tell you about myself

You seem not to understand the views raised here. It's only in Nigeria and Africa that you have more religious centers than manufacturing companies that's why Africans want to go out to those countries to get jobs because there are no jobs here. Here all you have is religious centers which doesn't feed the masses or provide food for the hungry ones.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 10:23am On Mar 21, 2017
Why do Nigerians keep flooding embassies and high commissions of other countries to get visa and leave even when they have more than enough religious centers.

It's simple! Lack of productivity - jobs because there are no factories to aid production

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by paschu: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2017
Why is it too hard for you to undetstand that the prurality of churches was not, is not, has never been, and will never be the reason for Nigeria's seeming disregard for industrialization?

Below are two practical and verifiable facts which prove that your argument is born of mischief.

1. The VAST majority of Nigeria's INDIGENOUS manufacturing companies and Small Scale Industries are domiciled in the South East zone.

2. The South East zone is 99% Christian and the most Chritianity-densed region of the country.

So if the most christianized zone is also the most industrialized zone where then is the validity of your argument?

untildotcom:
It's always easier to attack the person rather than the issue when the false truth we hold is threatened. Who told you that I'm not productive and so I'm blaming the church. Argue within the context, I'm not here to tell you about myself

You seem not to understand the views raised here. It's only in Nigeria and Africa that you have more religious centers than manufacturing companies that's why Africans want to go out to those countries to get jobs because there are no jobs here. Here all you have is religious centers which doesn't feed the masses or provide food for the hungry ones.

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by paschu: 11:08am On Mar 21, 2017
Nigerians are leaving Nigeria not because there are too many religious centres but because Nigeria is built on exploitative political and economic foundations.

There has never been a cohesive political and economic inclusiveness in this country. All we have ever had was a bunch of exclusive, extractive and exploitative systems. That's why religion thrives and citezens leave the country in droves.

Another reason why things don't work here is because our political system is confused.

For decades (after independence) the government's political econoy has remained neither capitalisic nor socialistic. That's the definition of economic confusion. And that's the reason for our gross under-productivity as a nation. For years the government monopolized means of production as well as ALL the critical sectors of the economy, which they still do till today.

Rather than ecourage the private enterprise and individual initiatives, the Nigerian system KEPT opressing and resisting the spirit of free enterprise. They are still doing this up till now, especially in this present government.

So how dare you blame Nigeria's institutional failure on the religious centers, especially the church?

Dude, I dare you to go and watch the multi-part documentary (up to part 4) titled the "Enterpreneurs Who Built America", then you will understand why Nigeria (if left in its present structures and systems) will NEVER be like America even in another trillion milleniums.

untildotcom:
Why do Nigerians keep flooding embassies and high commissions of other countries to get visa and leave even when they have more than enough religious centers.

It's simple! Lack of productivity - jobs because there are no factories to aid production
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:
What's your point? They are not policy makers so most of these summits are speech making occasions which doesn't change anything even the leaders go to world conferences which doesn't also translate to something tangible.

A serious country that wants to grow will focus more on productive ventures, they plan and strategize for the future rather than try to wish away the inevitable through prayers.

Mr. its not speech making summit as. Maybe thats to you, but those that attend such programms have a change of live today in whatever industries they find themselves or business ventures they go into.

so a summit making the youth more creatives and training them on how to be Job giver rather than job seekers is just noise summit.

it seem you don't even understand what you are driving at with the OP.

1. Is it the church that will make the environmental favourable condition for industry to grow,
2. Is it the church that will tell a man not to build industry.
3. I've once asked you,
(a) what is the name of your manufacturing industry,
(b) what business are you doing
(c) what is your staff strength.
(d) what is the contribution of your said business to Nigeria Economy
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:
1. We may have to deal with this issue of tithing in another thread.

2. What's the correlation between a business that is managed well and tithe payment? So according to your analogy, businesses that crashed didn't pay tithes. A flawed thinking which justifies earlier assertion that instead of investing in man power development for more productivity the focus is more on paying tithes and also are you saying that businesses owned by non Christians who do not pay tithes would not flourish?

Let me also let you know that there's a natural law for giving, irrespective of your religion that's why any one who helps people is always blessed by God.

3. That assertion is very wrong! Government has business doing business and their business is to generate electricity, build roads, rails and airports to fast track movement of goods and services, build hospitals to sustain the well being of business men and women, provide loans to business, build and equip schools to provide the man power to keep growing the economy. They make their own profit called taxes at the end so government needs to be in business.

Religious centers do not awake the productiveness in any society because it's not their duty to do so. The government, schools are supposed to do it. The religious centers should attend to my spiritual well being, how to live a righteous life.

I'm am a Christian that doesn't believe in the prosperity gospel preached by most churches in a corrupt country like ours

It is those that don't want to be productive that will not heed the various available productive training for its members in some religious centres, that i know. So you cant generalize a church to be all church, such assumption is counter productive and its DOA
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:

Mr. you dont even understand you OP yourself.

So for going to embassy seeking for Foreign Visa means lack of productivity.

You want to separate Government from current problem all because you are trying to link up the current Nigeria Problems to religious centres.

You are Wrong. Mr.

So if I decide to further my knowledge in my choose field, or seek to further my career progress, how is that a crime or mean lack of productivity.

Is it the Church that will force the Government.

The Church is doing its best in
1. Counselling parents to give their children the best education and training.
2. Counsell members on productive spending and savings.
3. Training on entrepreneurship and home management.
4. Training members on their civil responsibilities to the society and the nation.
5. Training members on how to be responsible citizens

so once again Mr. get your facts right.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by facelessangel: 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
2kass:
I swear its actually really irritating. How can a country have more churches than industries.

The painful thing about it is that the churches keeps growing.

Until we learn to segregate or relegate religion, we will and can never progress.

China started developing as soon as they relegated relion. Religion is a trap, a boundage and a cage.

In other news, I am the first to comment. #FTC. Not Federal Territory Capital cheesy
for your information, those Churches are actually
factories and company belonging to men like you. which industry bigger than Redeemed and Winners? you guys dont know anything.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2017
engineerboat:

Mr. its not speech making summit as. Maybe thats to you, but those that attend such programms have a change of live today in whatever industries they find themselves or business ventures they go into.

so a summit making the youth more creatives and training them on how to be Job giver rather than job seekers is just noise summit.

it seem you don't even understand what you are driving at with the OP.

1. Is it the church that will make the environmental favourable condition for industry to grow,
2. Is it the church that will tell a man not to build industry.
3. I've once asked you,
(a) what is the name of your manufacturing industry,
(b) what business are you doing
(c) what is your staff strength.
(d) what is the contribution of your said business to Nigeria Economy

I won't go about telling you about myself but take it from me from I've employed more people than you if at all you are an employer of labour and my business is still expanding year in year out and I pay my taxes which has been use to put up infrastructures for the non tax paying organisations and people like you to make use of. tongue tongue
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2017
engineerboat:

Mr. you dont even understand you OP yourself.

So for going to embassy seeking for Foreign Visa means lack of productivity.

You want to separate Government from current problem all because you are trying to link up the current Nigeria Problems to religious centres.

You are Wrong. Mr.

So if I decide to further my knowledge in my choose field, or seek to further my career progress, how is that a crime or mean lack of productivity.

Is it the Church that will force the Government.

The Church is doing its best in
1. Counselling parents to give their children the best education and training.
2. Counsell members on productive spending and savings.
3. Training on entrepreneurship and home management.
4. Training members on their civil responsibilities to the society and the nation.
5. Training members on how to be responsible citizens

so once again Mr. get your facts right.

Oga Pastor, I see that you are threatened by the new wave of ideology currently flowing and you know what that will be when people come to the realization that waiting on the divine intervention for physical things to come into place will never happen but rather but a concerted effort to change the status quo will.

Why do people want to travel abroad if I may ask you? How many people from other countries want to leave their countries with speed the way we do? You talk about failed government, yes that's why I said that rather than we insisting on building a nation when we got independence, we ran to our various religious centers to seek for divine intervention. Countries that stood their grounds and fought for their future are better off now, Brazil, India, Singapore. Today Nigeria flock to India to seek medical care meanwhile in Ngeria we have more religious centers than manufacturing companies and hospitals put together.

Is it the duty of the religious centers to do all the listed items above? So you have agreed with me that there's so much emphasis on religion such that, they have now taken the place of education in the society, skills acquisition, entrepreneurship training etc.

Is that what the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about? Religious centers are there to rip people off while making them feel good about thier hopeless state.

Like I said that's why schools, hospitals are in shambles and only the religious centers and their schools look good.

Let me also ask, these so called schools built by religious centers, do you guys engage in examination malpractice and other malpractices? The answer is yes, so who is fooling who?

Please do these schools set up by religious centers indulge in Examination malpractice and cheating?
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
engineerboat:

It is those that don't want to be productive that will not heed the various available productive training for its members in some religious centres, that i know. So you cant generalize a church to be all church, such assumption is counter productive and its DOA
That is not an achievement please, I can also assemble youths in my village and train them in various areas I choose and at the end give them needed tools to start their trade, people do it so it doesn't justify anything.

It's only a way for you to be able to justify the monies you get from desperate members so they won't start asking questions.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 8:33pm On Mar 21, 2017
paschu:
Nigerians are leaving Nigeria not because there are too many religious centres but because Nigeria is built on exploitative political and economic foundations.

There has never been a cohesive political and economic inclusiveness in this country. All we have ever had was a bunch of exclusive, extractive and exploitative systems. That's why religion thrives and citezens leave the country in droves.

Another reason why things don't work here is because our political system is confused.

For decades (after independence) the government's political econoy has remained neither capitalisic nor socialistic. That's the definition of economic confusion. And that's the reason for our gross under-productivity as a nation. For years the government monopolized means of production as well as ALL the critical sectors of the economy, which they still do till today.

Rather than ecourage the private enterprise and individual initiatives, the Nigerian system KEPT opressing and resisting the spirit of free enterprise. They are still doing this up till now, especially in this present government.

So how dare you blame Nigeria's institutional failure on the religious centers, especially the church?

Dude, I dare you to go and watch the multi-part documentary (up to part 4) titled the "Enterpreneurs Who Built America", then you will understand why Nigeria (if left in its present structures and systems) will NEVER be like America even in another trillion milleniums.

The first statement takes me back to the earlier point I made that rather than focus on building a vibrant nation we decided to seek divine intervention in religious centers.

According to reports, 11 million Nigerian youths are unemployed, tell me if those religious centers were manufacturing factories, would we still have this rate of unemployment in the country? The answer is No.

The so called schools owned by the religious centers will still graduate students into the society where there are more religious centers than factories.

Nigerians are leaving because there are no jobs, they are tired of seeking divine intervention in a physical situation and have decided to seek greener pastures elsewhere.

You have said it yourself, we need to encourage people to build more factories rather than religious centers.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by Ovamboland(m): 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
This is the problem with nigeria, reading from the comments on this thread it becomes very clear, out of 200million, 199million are religious fools who take offence when their belief system is threatened by the truth, while the op is part of the 1million with senses.

Thanks for that view which I have held for many years to come, quote me anywhere nigeria just as western nation eventually did, will saturate themselves with religious centers and soon turn these worship centers to hotels and brothels. The country is suffering because people kkeep looking upwards for divine solutions to physical problems. Yet we wonder why nigeria is nowhere. Op don't be bothered by those efulefu speaking from their rectums to counter youe valid points. They are the poor and the problem of this nation. Imagine if all tithes throw into these churches were used a soft loans for sme growth. Nigeria would have been rid of all these petty problems thaat push the majority to churches.

The pastors and imams know this, thus for them it doesn't matter, the more the poverty a black man encounters the more growth in religious centers where he contributes 10percent of his meagre earnings in futile hope for redemption. How else do we define fantastically foolish and inferior beings

Thanks for your contribution to this thread, i recall watching a documentary on a very old design floor for Boeing aircraft with long rows of engineers and draughtsmen creating the next air carrier. It was in those days when there were no computers and all design and drawings was hand made. I could see the team in charge of air-frame, those designing wing harnesses, wing structure, landing gear, control surfaces, Ailerons, tail section, cockpit, instrument panels, engine support etc.
I could estimate the large office to contain over 1000 engineers and technologist all dedicated and facing the task dutifully

The comment i made that day was look at the white guys carrying out their own vigil that was the nearest thing i could compare the spectacle with in our own context.

The white man's deepest passion is on display when creating something while the black man display his deepest emotion during religious ceremonies.

That's why while the biggest factories are in the white man's country we are competing to have the biggest church auditorium, largest relgious gathering, richest man of God etc.

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by donbene4(m): 9:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
Ovamboland:

Thanks for your contribution to this thread, i recall watching a documentary on a very old design floor for Boeing aircraft with long rows of engineers and draughtsmen creating the next air carrier. It was in those days when there were no computers and all design and drawings was hand made. I could see the team in charge of air-frame, those designing wing harnesses, wing structure, landing gear, control surfaces, Ailerons, tail section, cockpit, instrument panels, engine support etc.
I could estimate the large office to contain over 1000 engineers and technologist all dedicated and facing the task dutifully

The comment i made that day was look at the white guys carrying out their own vigil that was the nearest thing i could compare the spectacle with in our own context.

The white man's deepest passion is on display when creating something while the black man display his deepest emotion during religious ceremonies.

That's why while the biggest factories are in the white man's country we are competing to have the biggest church auditorium, largest relgious gathering, richest man of God etc.
this dude deserves a chilled origin..
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
donbene4:
this dude deserves a chilled origin..
I'm telling you... grin grin grin Let me fetch it for him.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:
Oga Pastor, I see that you are threatened by the new wave of ideology currently flowing and you know what that will be when people come to the realization that waiting on the divine intervention for physical things to come into place will never happen but rather but a concerted effort to change the status quo will.

Why do people want to travel abroad if I may ask you? How many people from other countries want to leave their countries with speed the way we do? You talk about failed government, yes that's why I said that rather than we insisting on building a nation when we got independence, we ran to our various religious centers to seek for divine intervention. Countries that stood their grounds and fought for their future are better off now, Brazil, India, Singapore. Today Nigeria flock to India to seek medical care meanwhile in Ngeria we have more religious centers than manufacturing companies and hospitals put together.

Is it the duty of the religious centers to do all the listed items above? So you have agreed with me that there's so much emphasis on religion such that, they have now taken the place of education in the society, skills acquisition, entrepreneurship training etc.

Is that what the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about? Religious centers are there to rip people off while making them feel good about thier hopeless state.

Like I said that's why schools, hospitals are in shambles and only the religious centers and their schools look good.

Let me also ask, these so called schools built by religious centers, do you guys engage in examination malpractice and other malpractices? The answer is yes, so who is fooling who?

Please do these schools set up by religious centers indulge in Examination malpractice and cheating?

You are talking like someone pained.

I put it to you to give me the evidence of your crooked claims.

Have you ever been to the schools before making this unfounded claims of yours.

Mr. Get your facts right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afenifere Is Selling Yoruba Nation To Igbo Through Christian Religion! / Akwa Ibom Police Command Releases Statement, Says No Attempt On Akpabio / APC convention: Buni dispels rumours of Akpanudoedehe’s sacking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.