Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,186 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) (26454 Views)

FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn / Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota / Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by obafemee80(m): 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
Its not about the rain but the poor drainage system in the area and most parts of lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Emusan(m): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
olokeded:
After Lagosians experienced heavy down pour from last night till this morning. Most major roads are flooded , www.metronaija.com reader sent in these photos from Apapa, Lagos. See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/03/photos-flood-takes-over-apapalagos.html

When we in the Northern part never know the time rain will fall undecided undecided
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by ChukwuedOkwuobi(m): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by aramideji(m): 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
emi14:
Our Lagos. Nonsense city
fool,really The cloth on you right now,thats where it comes from,your phone,your generator,your house ceiling,your shoe,your bathing soap even your casket they all come through Apapa local govt lagos and instead of you to increase govt awareness about their ineptitudeness you are busy displaying your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by mmsen: 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
fuckbulhary:
Yet some zombies who haven't left the shores of the country will be shouting Lagos this Lagos that.
Visit other countries and you will be ashamed of that so slum called Lagos.
Sad I was born a Nigerian sad

Apapa is not the only area in Lagos.
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by aramideji(m): 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2017
obafemee80:
Its not about the rain but the poor drainage system in the area and most parts of lagos.
A city just about 3metres above sea level is bound to have these problems.even with drainage when it rains its just have to flood,but with proper drainage it would move faster
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Emassive(m): 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
OK. Amboo oooo! Amboo!!
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by YorubasAreSmart: 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2017
The money that was meant to repair this road and establish drainage was being usurped and spent wreck lessly by Buhari and his clueless ministers. TUFIAKWA

Thunder fire APC government.
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Emassive(m): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2017
That dude is not from Onitsha. He may well be from Somalia or lesotho. Onitsha still better
Funlordmaniac:

See this one? Have you ever even left onitsha before? Abeg even if na the front of your passport snap am post make we see!

grin

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Emassive(m): 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
Oga even lagos has many red mud cities just like it is here in Ibadan... Red mud is a normal Nigerian soil
Jetleeee:

Lagos this, Lagos that yet you won't stay is your dusty, red-mud villages.

Shitgbo!

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Ayblaize(m): 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2017
Whoeppme:
What a country.....? How much to construct good drainage system instead only one man will steal 9.6billion dolls and stack same in a house at Kaduna. Shame on who ever has ruled and is still ruling Nigeria. I hope one day the youths can rise up to the mantle of making Nigerian a more better place.

Who go EPP me if I no EPP myself?
Baba no matter the drainage system in Lagos, Flood can't be avoided.. .Lagos is surrounded by water.. Lagos is water itself in the literal. .I pray natural disasters like tsunami doesn't happen in the future.. It will wipe out Lagos like..

Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Basic123: 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jetleeee:

Lagos this, Lagos that yet you won't stay is your dusty, red-mud villages.
Shitgbo!
They will forget lagos is a no man's land now.Children of hate.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2017
This is the 1st time in a democracy that the Federal and Lagos State govts are controlled by the same political party. Incidents like this shouldn't happen again
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Sebastine1994(m): 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2017
Lagos is sinking daily
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Emassive(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
Another reason why I will continue to evade a huge part of my tax from this criminal govt. Until they spend the ones they've got well tp provide the necessities, I will never give them a piece of Naira note
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by obaaderemi: 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
fuckbulhary:
Yet some zombies who haven't left the shores of the country will be shouting Lagos this Lagos that.
Visit other countries and you will be ashamed of that so slum called Lagos.
Sad I was born a Nigerian sad
Thank God for little mercies.You could have been born a somali or chadian or a tuareg.
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by ZACHIE: 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
odimbannamdi:
Normal thing na

Check my profile for nice loafers

very normal flooding.

This is a false story/

I passed through Apapa today/
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by femijay8271(m): 1:20pm On Mar 21, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

See this one? Have you ever even left onitsha before? Abeg even if na the front of your passport snap am post make we see!

grin

Nice Points, Over 6.5 confirm!!!

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Jimoh17: 1:35pm On Mar 21, 2017
Is this flood? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by buckwild44(m): 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2017
nothing new here..........abeg make i book space
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Pascal181: 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
Flood of which year? where not even a breeze has shown up in Abuja.
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by checkolatunji: 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
Uhreme:
Truth be told, Lagos is being over hyped. though some few part of it are okay, majority of Lagos is suffering from poor drainage system and far behind in terms of public utilities when compared with the status of Lagos in Nigeria.

Off course you are right but compare to your muddy Republic Lagos na London.

Shildren of hate.

Ekwensu
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by checkolatunji: 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2017
Emassive:
Another reason why I will continue to evade a huge part of my tax from this criminal govt. Until they spend the ones they've got well tp provide the necessities, I will never give them a piece of Naira note

Make sure you don't take a white collar job
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2017
That is Lagos for you... drainages are either blocked or non-functional when there is a heavy down-pour of rain.
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
it is already deducted from your salary as P.A.Y.E

Emassive:
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2017
Olafashion:
grin Rain rain
Go away
Come again another day
Apapa people wants to sell grin

Watch Braless video of your favorite Nigerian female celebrities

Hmm apapa wants to sell , abi na you wan sell toto on a rainy day.
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Odingo1: 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2017
checkolatunji:

Off course you are right but compare to your muddy Republic Lagos na London.

Shildren of hate.

Ekwensu
na your papa get lagos self,nawa for you ooo
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jabioro:
....and our senators are busy paddling, looking for Ali Hammed in uniform, dealing ruthlessly with Magu position. They cannot one day compelled minister of work,,Fashiola, and FGN to renovate that national shamefully, commercial access road to the nation hup economic port....

Yeah, "busy paddling" their canoes in the flood water. grin
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Jabioro: 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
NovusHomo:

Yeah, "busy paddling" their canoes in the flood water. grin
Yeah..thanks a lot. don't mind me.. Let fun goes on.... padded.. Naughty Senators.
Re: Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by akigbemaru: 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
Lagos flood

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Useful Idiots And The Spirit Of The Accursed Slave (part 1) By FFK / APC Crisis: Buhari Postpones Zamfara Campaign Rally / Femi Fani-Kayode Receives Joe Okechukwu In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.