Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) (29585 Views)

PHOTOS: Ikorodu Roads Heavily Flooded Following Early Morning Rain / Early Morning Rain Threatening LG Election In Lagos, As Flood Takes Over (VIDEO) / People's Houses Flooded In Lekki After This Morning Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by foyeks2001(f): 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Emeskhalifa:

Tuesday?? wow God is great.
Wuse Zone4 was dry that day ooo. was there throughout
Truly, Our God is great, cld u blive I didn't see a drop of water when I got to Berger on my way home that day? He is a wonderful God.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by DevilhimseIf: 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Abagworo:

Don't be too hasty boy. This is Port Harcourt.
abagworo? grin hmmm still observing you sha seems changes don dey happen for your life cool
well hate isn't good purge yourself from that and you'll find this life soo happy to live in
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
foyeks2001:

Truly, Our God is great, cld u blive I didn't see a drop of water when I got to Berger on my way home that day? He is a wonderful God.
wow
surprising!!
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by foyeks2001(f): 2:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
wow surprising!!
I tell you bro

1 Like

Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by guychidile: 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
hmm,na waoo..,some thing urgent must be done about drainage system in Awka quickly.,because we are heeding to rainy season now.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by hysteriabox(m): 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
Wow...

Meanwhile, the heat n dryness here in Dutse makes me think an okada ride from here to hell is just 50 bucks
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by luciouscookie: 2:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
No good drainage system and they are busy putting street lights everywhere. I wonder what ifite road would be like this morning.
Apart from security, I'm not feeling this Obiano guy at all.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by ruggedized1: 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
LOL@ New York..pictures please.

Well I was on my way to PH this morning when the rain caught up with me and I had to pack for almost 2hrs. With level of rain that occurred this morning, there is no way every state or city that it fell on that will not be flooded thereafter. At least all the southern states would be affected by the flood because the rain was on for consistent 2hr plus.

jinxet2000:
Also raining heavily in New York City.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Hafeezson(m): 2:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
I dnt knw why in northern Nigeria we have lack of rainfall most especially here in Zamfara State
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by ruggedized1: 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
Old fool, forget PH, let us do it our usual way. I enjoy you better that way.

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Dakad: 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:
Same morning rains in Port Harcourt but roads not flooded, Wike is working...!!!

I'm Wike's fan especially for his developmental project. However, I'm not sure you go out this morning. D-Line where my office is with Olu-obasanjo was hell today. The drainages are blocked and the area was like river Niger this morning

1 Like

Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Nossa(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
sarrki:

Obianno is working

I don't have issues with good people

My grudge is with that criminal in kuje and his sympathizers

Oga BMC, try and purge yourself of some hate make e no kill you.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by DJInfluence: 3:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
VampireeM:

Not justthe govt. The house/landowners are the main culprits. Its only in Nigeria that people erect building without proper drainage system and when flooding occurs they scream govt.

This is not correct, drainage should not be provided by the people but by the govt and people pay a token for the usage of it especially to let their waste. The roads are public ones, so why should a house owner be responsible for the drainage. What i will agree the landlords and tenants as well as passersby are guilty of is blocking the drainages with littel or illegal structures.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Benekruku(m): 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
grin grin grin

I just hope Awka does not experience a land slide that will take it to Port-Harcourt.

An erosion ridden state with no drainage channels shouldn't be experiencing heavy downpour like this
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by AtlanticBreeze: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
himkers2:
the drainage systems and channels in Awka is a mess. This shouldn't be so. The Government has a lot to do in this regards.

Also, please stop littering the gutter with refuse and unwanted stuffs.
This is one of peter obi's substandard signature roads.. smh

1 Like

Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by AtlanticBreeze: 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Abagworo:

Amaechi road, elekahia
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by oobinna: 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
foyeks2001:
God, pls send down ur rain in FCT, The hot weather here in Abuja no get part-two

Sorry oh... You may wish to port. Guess where?

ENYIMBA CITY
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by B2mario(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
zxcvb:
Rain please fall in Kebbi na ..... I HV not seen rain in 8mnths now.. the heat is just too much
Bro, Sokoto heat worse pass. And rain is till May
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by edudguy(m): 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
As in eh, everywhere was so dark
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Noneroone(m): 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
luciouscookie:
No good drainage system and they are busy putting street lights everywhere. I wonder what ifite road would be like this morning.
Apart from security, I'm not feeling this Obiano guy at all.
you just feel like attacking the gov. Thats zik avenue. It was done by RCC in 2010 with drainage channel. The flooding is either caused by blockage or faulty design and has nothing to do with the gov.

1 Like

Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2017
ChetaNwaeze:
What is your busness with Awka? Why dont you tell us about the flood in your brown roof kingdom of oshogbo. Afonja
so anybody who makes a boost that doesn't favor u FLATYheadminthes is now an afonja Abi. I salute your sense of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Champele(m): 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
Awka no get master plan. Peter Obi been saying that during his time. And the people of Awka won't allow any demolition.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by sshalom(m): 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
Effect of global warming will over the years increase rainfalls and water levels. Our poor planning and environment pollution will then mean that flood will be a common occurrence in Nigeria except something drastic is speedily done.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by basty: 7:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
And the never do well sons and daughters of the descendants of Apes from the yeast are blaming Ambode and Lagos. They are claiming Lagos is no man's land.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by TheTrueSeeker: 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2017
Abagworo:

From your pic you can even see that there's a major road construction work ongoing at that particular location of the Elekahia/Nwaija bridge. A roundabout being construct just some few meters from that mass of water is the reason for the flooded area...!!
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 8:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
DevilhimseIf:
abagworo? grin hmmm still observing you sha seems changes don dey happen for your life cool
well hate isn't good purge yourself from that and you'll find this life soo happy to live in

I don't even understand what you mean.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:

From your pic you can even see that there's a major road construction work ongoing at that particular location of the Elekahia/Nwaija bridge. A roundabout being construct just some few meters from that mass of water is the reason for the flooded area...!!

Flood is part of nature and occurs even in advanced countries. If I wanted to play typical Nigerian politics of using nature to blackmail politicians I have a thousand and one flooded areas in Port Harcourt. Do you know the present plight of Rumukalagbor people? Flood rechanneling to save Aba road has submerged the densely populated Rumukalagbor village.
Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by nonsobaba: 8:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Champele:
Awka no get master plan. Peter Obi been saying that during his time. And the people of Awka won't allow any demolition.
In London, new roads are built over medevial pathways which is why London has narrow roads. Demolition destroys history. The only time demolition should be sanctioned is when a building is blocking water channels, is structurally faulty or is standing directly in the path of a road construction. When you demolish buildings just because you want to widen roads/beautify an area/eliminate ghettos, you are only transferring such ghettos to another part of town that you may need to demolish another day. The solution is to grow the economy and when the incomes of the people improve, they would knock down derelict buildings themselves and erect new and modern ones in their stead. Besides, state governments presently do not have spare cash to pay compensations for demolitions as a result of the APC-induced recession.

1 Like

Re: Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) by Jj222(f): 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
it rained in Asaba the capital of Delta state .but not much. I thank God if not the flood could have been worst.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Work Against Me And Regret It, Kwankwaso Warns Ganduje / What Happened To These Buhari's Campaign Promises? (Photos) / Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.