Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,326 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" (8556 Views)

'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character / Nnamdi Kanu Slap His Mother Disturbing PHOTO / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With His Royal Sword At His Residence In Abia State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
A Bill for an Act to provide for the Prohibition of[b] Facial Mutilation[/b], Offences, Prosecution and Punishment of Offenders on Tuesday passed second reading in the Senate.

The Bill is also for the Protection of victims under threat of facial mutilation and other related Matters.

Sen. Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi), who sponsored the bill, said that there was no doubt that Africans of old used tribal marks as a means of proper identification.

Leading debate on the bill, Melaye said in those days, members of the same village, tribe or lineage had the same tribal marks.

Melaye said that the hometown and lineage of a child or anyone with tribal marks were immediately identified, while outsiders who did not have such marks were also spotted.

He further explained that parents also used tribal marks to lay credence to the legitimacy of their children.

However, the lawmaker said “all these reasons cannot be scientifically proven, and hence cannot enjoy the support for this harmful practice’’.

“The irony of these marks is that it makes victims subjects of mockery by friends. Imagine someone being called a tiger simply because of the thick cheeks resulting from facial marks.

“These people have been subjected to different reactions. Some have lamented the marks that are bequeathed on them as generational inheritance.

Many have cursed the day which this dastardly act was performed on them.

“Many of the grown adults have confessed that the most terrific debacle of their lives is their tribal marks. Some have become eunuchs because of this stigma.

“Imagine a boy in the class of 25 pupils carrying a tribal mark. His mates will call him the boy with the railway line. They are emblems of disfiguration.

“Some of them have developed low self-esteem and most times treated with scorn and ridicule including rejection by the female folks.

“The reactions of people who interact with them say it dampens and lowers their spirit,’’ he said.

Melaye stated that besides the health implication of the practice, it was an infringement on the rights of children, adding that every Nigerian child deserved the right to live.

According to him, it is time a law is enacted to stop the dastardly act, as the popularity and acceptance of facial marks are waning.

NAN

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/bill-to-prohibit-tribal-marks-passes.html

Shame to those who ashame of his/her culture and tradidition! am African that proud of whom I am!
this bill would have been sponsored by external the better, it an insult to Africa nation to have this silly bill sponsored by an African and Nigeria senate in Nigerian chamber!
Shame on Dino and his sell out members of senate:
Dino bill attacked African culture and tradition! and is an insult to our ancestors!
Dino can never rewrite African history non erase African marks, he is too small to do that!
Dino talk of 21st century, yah he is right but Dino forget in his bill the:
"The male genital mutilation
"The ceserian mutilation
" The operation hospital mutilation
"The umblical cord mutilation
"The Amputation hospital mutilation
All these were not babaric in the 21st century according to Dino!
But my tribal marks, my Identity, my culture, my tradition!
DINO DON'T PLAY MADNESS WITH AFRICAN CULTURE, NO CIVILISATION CAN ALTER TRADITION!
Dino if you play your politic plays it else where don't torch my culture!
Here am not talking about who alread lost their origin or insearch of where they've been comming from!
Am talking about who know themselves and believe in themselves!
Dino the war is just started, you and your collegues must know the palace of traditional rulers you will knock the door when time of looking for vote begin!
Oyinkinola

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by nadismeq7: 3:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
No comment.....smh sad sad sad
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by Jetleeee: 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
Uselu na im this guy suppose dey grin cheesy

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
THIS ISSUES AREN'T NECESSARY NOW.

WE GET BETTER PROBLEMS TO TACKLE IN NIGERIA.

there should be a
SCALE OF PREFERENCE FOR NIGERIA PROBLEMS

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by dunkem21(m): 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
The OP raised salient points but important issues are always trivialised, tribalised on NL.

So, no comment.

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by orisa37: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
Impossible.

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by yarimo(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
Huhahahuheheee chai see as DINO MELAYE make me dey laughs like silly IPOB member

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 6:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
.....why Dino didn't know that the sharp objects use in circumsition can be sterilised?
or Dino didn't know it's the same objects used in male genital circumsition?
or Umblical cord circumisition?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
...Dino & co want African culture and tradition to be replaced by silly civilisation, where people transgendered, where abortion is legalised, where same gender married each other and have the right of adoption? where African women turned white! etc etc!
This is the vision of Dino for my culture! but am asure, if this generation can not win this war, the incomming African generation will certainly win Dino's!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ApenaEde: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
Go rewrite ur failed paper. Oloodo.

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
ApenaEde:
Go rewrite ur failed paper. Oloodo.
....omowe! this is not for the white collar elites, we're talking of African culture and Tradition which suppose not to be written in Non African language but......
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by dreamwords: 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Mr dino always teaching yorubas lessons
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by Ayodeleseyi65(m): 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
I Am Really Short Of Words.....
Yes I Love My Culture, But This Tribal Mark Of A Thing Is Kind Of Babaric And If You Support The Oba, Good And very Simple Let Start The Tribal Marking On Your Face

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ayodeleseyi65:
I Am Really Short Of Words.....
Yes I Love My Culture, But This Tribal Mark Of A Thing Is Kind Of Babaric And If You Support The Oba, Good And very Simple Let Start The Tribal Marking On Your Face
.....Kind Of Babaric!
Dino & co, you people want to engange on the war you can't see it's end! civilisation never altered the tradition and culture, if it can the european would never stolen African artifact! so back down!
I know quiet well your male genital organ was circumsised! your umblical cord is circumsised, you may go though operation tomorrow! can you people dolge been circumsised? why tag circumisition Mutilation?
why then attack Africa culture and promote Europian, Jew, Arab and American culture?
why can't you leave me as I am, if you can't promote my tradition, why kill my culture?
ceserian operation going on daily, amputation is there! but there is nothing bad in them!
is't it silly to see your anccestors as babaric?
"odo to gbagbe orisun re yio gbe!"

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by Emanuola(m): 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
This Dino is over joyous because of unexpected money he is getting from that senate.he did not know when to talk and what not to say at all.money wey e no work for.money they make am crazy all the time.how many time has he discussed or sponsor anti hungry bill in that huse? Useless elements.Nigerians are ungry,he is talking about tribal mark BCS he was not lucky to get the mark as a kogi man.useless elements.very arrogant.u better go and face the panel abt ur certificate saga.

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
Emanuola:
This Dino is over joyous because of unexpected money he is getting from that senate.he did not know when to talk and what not to say at all.money wey e no work for.money they make am crazy all the time.how many time has he discussed or sponsor anti hungry bill in that huse? Useless elements.Nigerians are ungry,he is talking about tribal mark BCS he was not lucky to get the mark as a kogi man.useless elements.very arrogant.u better go and face the panel abt ur certificate saga.
...culture is culture everywhere and tradition is tradition! and no one is dare to wage war against it and survive it, it will consumed Dino & co!
they must back down!
you can't be black, born and brought up as African, grow up and turn rebble against yoour culture and tradition it will certainly consumed you!

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
Emanuola:

Bros if you are truly proud of those tribal marks stuffs, may you wake up tomorrow with your face decorated like one of these by your "ancestors"!

Oya type "AMEN" to accept the "blessing" cool cool cool

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyinkinola:

...culture is culture everywhere and tradition is tradition! and no one is dare to wage war against it and survive it, it will consumed Dino & co!
they must back down!
you can't be black, born and brought up as African, grow up and turn rebble against yoour culture and tradition it will certainly consumed you!

Will you feel good to grow up with man made marks on your face that makes your face look tarnished, all in the name of tradition? YES or NO
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

Bros if you are truly proud of those tribal marks stuffs, may you wake up tomorrow with your face decorated like this by your "ancestors"!

Oya type "AMEN" to accept the "blessing" cool cool cool
....as I said several time, the war you people started will consumed you! you can't fight culture and tradition and win!
if you are black, breath african air, drink african water, and step on african soil! you are little to curse your ancestor!
if you do, it's instantly at your peril!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

Will you feel good to grow up with man made marks on your face that makes your face look tarnished, all in the name of tradition? YES or NO
....don't be sturbbon pls!
do you think you feel good than obasanjo?
do you think you feel good than Alaafin of oyo?
to mention but few!
pls am not talking to you, who didn't know your origin!
back down pls!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 10:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyinkinola:

....as I said several time, the war you people started will consumed you! you can't fight culture and tradition and win!
if you are black, breath african air, drink african water, and step on african soil! you are little to curse your ancestor!
if you do, it's instantly at your peril!

Who are the "you" that you are talking about here oga? undecided undecided Which war are you referring to? undecided Who and who are cursing your ancestors? undecided Bros we have enough to worry about, and cursing your ancestors isn't part of it sad.

Just reason this small: you were born a fine boy but one man took blade or hot iron and placed deep incisions on your face in the name of tradition thereby making your face a shadow of its initial self. When you finally grow up, even if you don't like the marks, he will have to either live with them or commit suicide. shocked shocked shocked. Just imagine that.

Is that commendable? Do you want it? Will you recommend it for yourself in your next life?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyinkinola:
....don't be sturbbon pls! do you think you feel good than obasanjo? do you think you feel good than Alaafin of oyo? to mention but few! pls am not talking to you, who didn't know your origin! back down pls!
Please simply answer YES or NO.

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

Who are the "you" that you are talking about here oga? undecided undecided Which war are you referring to? undecided Who and who are cursing your ancestors? undecided Bros we have enough to worry about, and cursing your ancestors isn't part of it sad.

Just reason this small: you were born a fine boy but one man took blade or hot iron and placed deep incisions on your face in the name of tradition thereby making your face a shadow of its initial self. When you finally grow up, even if you don't like the marks, he will have to either live with them or commit suicide. shocked shocked shocked. Just imagine that.

Is that commendable? Do you want it? Will you recommend it for yourself in your next life?
...since you see your ancestor as babaric I leave your soul to their spirits!
I have my marks and am proud of it anywhere round the world and want it to continue forever!
second, why didn't you commit suicide for your umlical cord mutilation?
why you are not shame of your genital mutilation?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

face look tarnished?
Idodo re nko?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 10:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
....when politicians were bidding for office! they run from one palace to other palace at that time they don't see the cheek of oba but when they grabbed power, they rebble against the Royal!
Dino & co you will still come back!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 10:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyinkinola:

...since you see your ancestor as babaric I leave your soul to their spirits!
I have my marks and am proud of it anywhere round the world and want it to continue forever!
second, why didn't you commit suicide for your umlical cord mutilation?
why you are not shame of your genital mutilation?

I'm just trying to get you to see what's up here. You're talking because you were not given those massive marks that look like Abuja to Kaduna Express road with 6 fat lanes **Not funny** lipsrsealed

If you have that kinda marks, will you feel good looking at your face in the mirror?

PS: I'm not against tradition against unreasonable acts like these. People's faces are being rubbish by that stuff for God's sake!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by Withambition(m): 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 11:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyinkinola:
....when politicians were bidding for office! they run from one palace to other palace at that time they don't see the cheek of oba but when they grabbed power, they rebble against the Royal!
Dino & co you will still come back!

Bro no body is fighting the palace or your ancestors.

Didn't you see that picture of a child's face just after marks were inscribed on it? Does it look sweet or cool? Don't you have conscience? Are you that deep into this that you've come to lack sympathy?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

I'm just trying to get you to see what's up here. You're talking because you were not given those massive marks that look like Abuja to Kaduna Express road with 6 fat lanes **Not funny** lipsrsealed

If you have that kinda marks, will you feel good looking at your face in the mirror?

PS: I'm not against tradition against unreasonable acts like these. People's faces are being rubbish by that stuff for God's sake!
.....pls answer me
is your umblical cord mutilate or not?
is your pernis mutiate or not?
why?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyinkinola:

.....pls answer me
is your umblical cord mutilate or not?
is your pernis mutiate or not?
why?

Mutilated? Abeg explain what you mean by that, because my dick and navel don't look mutilated at all. sad sad
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

Bro no body is fighting the palace or your ancestors.

Didn't you see that picture of a child's face just after marks were inscribed on it? Does it look sweet or cool? Don't you have conscience? Are you that deep into this that you've come to lack sympathy?
....I know you either too yong, or you are not yourself!
if not your ancestor will no be barbaric to you!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

Mutilated? Abeg explain what you mean by that, because my dick and navel don't look mutilated at all. sad sad
you can't understand, you were not bon like that, if it wasn't mutilated you can live to 24hrs!

Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $40.4bn / Rochas Okorocha Acting crucified Jesus On Good Friday (pics) / Ekiti Guber Candidates Sign Peace Accord Ahead Of Poll

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59