Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:55 AM

Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" (8554 Views)

'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character / Nnamdi Kanu Slap His Mother Disturbing PHOTO / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With His Royal Sword At His Residence In Abia State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 11:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyinkinola:

you can't understand, you were not bon like that, if it wasn't mutilated you can live to 24hrs!
Meaning what you call mutilation was meant to save life (like separating a baby from the mother's body by cutting the umbilical chord)? undecided Those folks whose faces ain't marked, are they dead? undecided

Can't you spot the difference between a life saving medical exercise and placing deep incisions on someone because he or she is from a particular tribe?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 11:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

Meaning what you call mutilation was meant to save life (like separating a baby from the mother's born)? undecided Those folks whose faces ain't marked, are they dead? undecided

Can't you spot the difference between a life saving medical exercise and placing deep incisions on someone because he or she is from a particular tribe?
...now you realise is a matter of life and death!
if my tribal marks is killed what happen to my culture and tradition?
and if your umblical cord mutilation didn't kill you, why my facial marks will kill me?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyinkinola:
....I know you either too yong, or you are not yourself! if not your ancestor will no be barbaric to you!
Were your ancestors human beings?
Was the killing of twins back then by those ancestors cool?
Was that barbaric or not?
Did those twins choose to be twins?
Was human sacrifice during certain occasions by those ancestors barbaric?
Please answer the above questions with all honesty.
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyinkinola:

...now you realise is a matter of life and death!
if my tribal marks is killed what happen to my culture and tradition?
and if your umblical cord mutilation didn't kill you, why my facial marks will kill me?
Those Yoruba folks without facial mark are they dead? undecided

When it comes to traditions, you have a choice, but when it comes to a medical stuff, you just have to do it!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

Were your ancestors human beings?

Was the killing of twins back then by those ancestors cool?

Was that barbaric or not?

Did those twins choose to be twins?

Was human sacrifice during certain occasions by those ancestors barbaric?

Please answer the above questions with all honesty.
....haa! now you accept, the intention of you Dino's is to kill my tradition!
Ididn't know how you come about twin killing, if your ancestor had done that to your race I left you to their spirits!
then
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 11:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyinkinola:

....haa! now you accept, the intention of you Dino's is to kill my tradition!
Ididn't know how you come about twin killing, if your ancestor had done that to your race I left you to their spirits!
then
Please stop the drama and answer those questions. Those stuff were well known ancestral traditions. Mary Slesor stopped the killing of twins back then in case you don't know.

Please answer those questions.
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

Those Yoruba folks without facial mark are they dead? undecided

When it comes to traditions, you have a choice, but when it comes to a medical stuff, you just have to do it!
...but why can't you leave me with my choice? why violated my right?
if one insult me as you do, I thing I can take you to court for damage!
what Dino's are fight for then?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

Please stop the drama and answer those questions. Those stuff were well known ancestral traditions. Mary Slesor stopped the killing of twins back then in case you don't know.

Please answer those questions.
...I know what you dino's were running for, people will know their right one day!

If you insult me of my marks I will take you to court for damage and you will pay!
you are talking of mary slesor, but why slesor didn't stop my mark then?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 12:06am On Mar 23, 2017
oyinkinola:

...but why can't you leave me with my choice? why violated my right?
if one insult me as you do, I thing I can take you to court for damage!
what Dino's are fight for then?
Lolz grin grin

Bros what moved Dino was the horror associated with such traditions. Some guys' face look like a horror movie all in the name of traditions.

Bros reason am na, when a human being's face dey look like wetin train run through or like masquerade, all in the name of tradition, is that barbaric or not?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 12:13am On Mar 23, 2017
ikp120:

Lolz grin grin

Bros what moved Dino was the horror associated with such traditions. Some guys' face look like a horror movie all in the name of traditions.

Bros reason am na, when a human being's face dey look like wetin train run through or like masquerade, all in the name of tradition, is that barbaric or not?
...you see, that's what am talking about, if not because you hide somewhere, your insult and abuse you unleashed on me is enough to take you to court and you will pay me damages!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 12:19am On Mar 23, 2017
ONE DAY THE AFRICAN TRIBAL MARKS WOULD EARNED THE MARKED AFRICAN DAMAGES IN COURT OF LAW!
Oyinkinola
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 12:30am On Mar 23, 2017
oyinkinola:

...you see, that's what am talking about, if not because you hide somewhere, your insult and abuse you unleashed on me is enough to take you to court and you will pay me damages!
I didn't insult you but just making things clear to you. I was just describing what some facial marks look like. sad sad
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by Artistree: 1:44am On Mar 23, 2017
Jetleeee:
Uselu na im this guy suppose dey grin cheesy
Ovbiedo, I sight you!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 7:45am On Mar 23, 2017
ikp120:

I didn't insult you but just making things clear to you. I was just describing what some facial marks look like. sad sad
Dino Bill is racist attack on me and that lisence you to insult me!
The may reason, Dino's would pay me damage!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 8:58am On Mar 23, 2017
oyinkinola:

Dino Bill is racist attack on me and that lisence you to insult me!
The may reason, Dino's would pay me damage!
Racist ke? Your tradition is damaging people's fine face and you're here talking trash. Imagine a girl born to be a model and you guys use those marks that look like tiger marks to damage the girl's face beyond repairs. Think of how archaic and barbaric that practice is.

To hell with any tradition that renders any part of one's body damaged beyond repairs.
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by KINGOFTHEEAST: 9:04am On Mar 23, 2017
oyinkinola:

.....Kind Of Babaric!
Dino & co, you people want to engange on the war you can't see it's end! civilisation never altered the tradition and culture, if it can the european would never stolen African artifact! so back down!
I know quiet well your male genital organ was circumsised! your umblical cord is circumsised, you may go though operation tomorrow! can you people dolge been circumsised? why tag circumisition Mutilation?
why then attack Africa culture and promote Europian, Jew, Arab and American culture?
why can't you leave me as I am, if you can't promote my tradition, why kill my culture?
ceserian operation going on daily, amputation is there! but there is nothing bad in them!
is't it silly to see your anccestors as babaric?
"odo to gbagbe orisun re yio gbe!"
why do I have this feeling you are badantura
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by KINGOFTHEEAST: 9:14am On Mar 23, 2017
ikp120:

Lolz grin grin

you have time to chat with this guy ,who doesn't know him very annoying just ignore him I beg you Yoruba Muslims are something else
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 9:47am On Mar 23, 2017
ikp120:

Racist ke? Your tradition is damaging people's fine face and you're here talking trash. Imagine a girl born to be a model and you guys use those marks that look like tiger marks to damage the girl's face beyond repairs. Think of how archaic and barbaric that practice is.

To hell with any tradition that renders any part of one's body damaged beyond repairs.
...see how racist you are!
you entitle to be white collar slave as I have my own right to be 100% Black, marked African and my children is not yours! why can`t you leave me as I am?
you navel is damaged why can`t you take you mother to court?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 10:15am On Mar 23, 2017
oyinkinola:

...see how racist you are!
you entitle to be white collar slave as I have my own right to be 100% Black, marked African and my children is not yours! why can`t you leave me as I am?
you navel is damaged why can`t you take you mother to court?

No one damaged my navel! Jeez! It's a simple child birth procedures for separating a baby from her mother's body. When a child is born, the umblical chord is a tube that connects the baby to the mother, through which the baby was receiving food and nutrients from the mother when the baby was still in the mother's womb. So after child birth, that "tube" known as umblical chord would need to be cut because the baby won't need to be feeding through that chord again but through his mouth.
After the chord has been severed, it is stitched up to avoid excessive blood loss. It is not a traditional stuff but a simple universal child birth procedure.

So what are you talking about again? undecided
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2017
ikp120:

No one damaged my navel! Jeez! It's a simple child birth procedures for separating a baby from her mother's body. When a child is born, the umblical chord is a tube that connects the baby to the mother, through which the baby was receiving food and nutrients from the mother when the baby was still in the mother's womb. So after child birth, that "tube" known as umblical chord would need to be cut because the baby won't need to be feeding through that chord again but through his mouth.
After the chord has been severed, it is stitched up to avoid excessive blood loss. It is not a traditional stuff but a simple universal child birth procedure.

So what are you talking about again? undecided
....what about hospital operations? people died in hand of doctors who take them to court?
also why hate me as black!
there is vaccine use for operation, why not adapt such on circumcition?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 10:40am On Mar 23, 2017
oyinkinola:

....what about hospital operations? people died in hand of doctors who take them to court?
also why hate me as black!
there is vaccine use for operation, why not adapt such on circumcition?
Every medical process is meant to save life. Operations are meant to save people's life when that's the only option. Operations are not traditions. An operation is a very risky procedure meant to save the life of the person being operated on. If the person is not operated on, the person will die. Therefore the operation was necessary to save the person's.

Circumcision is a very useless and barbaric act that is practically inconsequential and add no value to anyone's life. If you're not circumcised, you won't die, but under certain medical condition if you are not operated on, you WILL die!

So what's your point again? undecided
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 11:19am On Mar 23, 2017
ikp120:

Every medical process is meant to save life. Operations are meant to save people's life when that's the only option. Operations are not traditions. An operation is a very risky procedure meant to save the life of the person being operated on. If the person is not operated on, the person will die. Therefore the operation was necessary to save the person's.

Circumcision is a very useless and barbaric act that is practically inconsequential and add no value to anyone's life. If you're not circumcised, you won't die, but under certain medical condition if you are not operated on, you WILL die!

So what's your point again? undecided
...Circumcision is a very useless and barbaric act?
but when you and Dino will take your fathers to court for your genital mutilation for useless and barbaric act?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 11:26am On Mar 23, 2017
oyinkinola:

...Circumcision is a very useless and barbaric act?
but when you and Dino will take your fathers to court for your genital mutilation for useless and barbaric act?

Nobody is taking anybody to court because they didn't break any law, since there was no law in place back then against those acts. The senate are only doing their best to bring those acts to an end by making them illegal from the day the law is enacted henceforth.

Genital mutilation is already illegal for your information. This facial mark that's being used to disfigure people's faces will also be made illegal very soon.
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2017
ikp120:

Nobody is taking anybody to court because they didn't break any law, since there was no law in place back then against those acts. The senate are only doing their best to bring those acts to an end by making them illegal from the day the law is enacted henceforth.

Genital mutilation is already illegal for your information. This facial mark that's being used to disfigure people's faces will also be made illegal very soon.
...the male also is illegal?
Now tell me your culture as an African?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by donratcock: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2017
oyinkinola:

...since you see your ancestor as babaric I leave your soul to their spirits!
I have my marks and am proud of it anywhere round the world and want it to continue forever!
second, why didn't you commit suicide for your umlical cord mutilation?
why you are not shame of your genital mutilation?

Afonja
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
oyinkinola:
...the male also is illegal? Now tell me your culture as an African?
My culture as an African is simple: Make money and spend money. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
donratcock:

Afonja
Jew!
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by oyinkinola: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
ikp120:

My culture as an African is simple: Make money and spend money. grin grin grin grin grin
..hun-un, the lost tribe of israel?
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by giantstrides(m): 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
ikp120:

You have said it all already, but sadly the op isn't looking at this from a psychological point of view, why should a human being have to carry a mark for the rest of his life ? The op is trying to argue it is culture, but are we saying culture or traditions of people is always right ? Back in school, I had a friend who was quite good looking, but he kept complaining of his tribal marks, probably even led to a mild case of low self esteem for him . Are we saying we can't tell someone's identity without the face being marked ? Why should a new born baby have to carry a mark till he/she dies , without even having a say in it . It is totally wrong , but rather than Dino proposing to ban it, I suggest they make it optional after reaching adult age. If you still want tribal marks at 18 years, then by all means you have my support .

1 Like

Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
oyinkinola:

..hun-un, the lost tribe of israel?

Sorry, I don't do that tribal shiit. I see everyone I come across as my brother and sister irrespective of their tribes. That's me; that's my lifestyle; that's my culture.
Re: Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" by ikp120(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
giantstrides:

You have said it all already, but sadly the op isn't looking at this from a psychological point of view, why should a human being have to carry a mark for the rest of his life ? The op is trying to argue it is culture, but are we saying culture or traditions of people is always right ? Back in school, I had a friend who was quite good looking, but he kept complaining of his tribal marks, probably even led to a mild case of low self esteem for him . Are we saying we can't tell someone's identity without the face being marked ? Why should a new born baby have to carry a mark till he/she dies , without even having a say in it . It is totally wrong , but rather than Dino proposing to ban it, I suggest they make it optional after reaching adult age. If you still want tribal marks at 18 years, then by all means you have my support .
You're right man. People should have a say to what they want to be put on them by others because I know most people won't accept that stuff when they hit 18.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TUC Gives Govs 21-day Ultimatum On Minimum Wage / Ekiti Guber Candidates Sign Peace Accord Ahead Of Poll / Katsina House Of Reps Member, Supporters Dump APC For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.