Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? (5540 Views)

IPOB: "Why Didn’t Police Invite Army, Air Force Over Killer-herdsmen?"- Ohanaeze / IPOB: Why We Attacked Ike Ekweremadu In Germany / Go With Your Official Cars, Ortom Tells Outgoing LG Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 7:20am On Mar 24, 2017
I am currently in portharcourt for a conference and the news of IPOB declaring portharcourt as their official base is circulating.
why are Igbos bringing embarrasment to Igbos?
I overheard that many kalabaris, okrikas, ikwerre, ogonis etc want to protest against it.
As a Delta-Ibo, truth be told, I can see why some of my anioma brethrens deny being Igbo.
You need to see the insult being throwed at Igbos just because of ipob activity in portharcourt.
Rivers state governor is NOT a Biafra supporter, why constituting nuisance in his state?
IPOB has changed Portharcourt name to Igweocha, how do you expect the minorities like Ogoni to feel, atleast Portharcourt is all they have to call their city by virtue of being Rivers indigene.
why are Igbos behaving this way?
This declaration of Portharcourt as IPOB Official base is wrong and should be condemned.
Move it to any south east city and avoid unnecessary misunderstanding.
Thanks.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 7:24am On Mar 24, 2017
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2017
I will be happy if mods take this to frontpage. Cc: Lalastilala

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by kayjasper(f): 7:33am On Mar 24, 2017
You see, when a group lack defined leadership and clear cut agenda, they will end up disoriented and rubbished in the end.

You pick Port Hacourt that is not supposed to be part of the Biafra land originally as headquarters of the group (when Enugu is there) and then you expect others to take you seriously?
cry cry cry

Charity they say begins at home. But for Biafra, their charity begins Abroad!!!

25 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Udmaster(m): 7:34am On Mar 24, 2017
Back from ban, the mod that banned me, I have nothing to say to u.
@Topic, Ipob is their own world, ChukwuokikeAbiama has picked Igweocha aka Ph for his Jewish Biafrans, anything you are saying is crap to them.

20 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Udmaster(m): 7:35am On Mar 24, 2017
kayjasper:
You see, when a group lack defined leadership and clear cut agenda, they will en ip disoriented and rubbished in the end.

You pick PH that is not supposed to be part of the Biafra land originally as headquarters of the group and you expect others to take you seriously?

busty mama! You thicky bird.

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 7:38am On Mar 24, 2017
kayjasper:
You see, when a group lack defined leadership and clear cut agenda, they will en ip disoriented and rubbished in the end.

You pick PH that is not supposed to be part of the Biafra land originally as headquarters of the group and you expect others to take you seriously?

You nailed it. I can smell a violent protest against this IPOB Decision warming up.
If you suggest something to them, they will rain insults on you.

11 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 7:39am On Mar 24, 2017
Udmaster:
Back from ban, the mod that banned me, I have nothing to say to u.
@Topic, Ipob is their own world, ChukwuokikeAbiama has picked Igweocha aka Ph for his Jewish Biafrans, anything you are saying is crap to them.
the thing tire me. what kind of delusion is that?

6 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by kayjasper(f): 7:41am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
You nailed it. I can smell a violent protest against this IPOB Decision warming up.
If you suggest something to them, they will rain insults on you.

You are right!!

Well it all still boils down to lack of a strong leadership and no blue print to achieve their desires.

9 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Emycord: 7:41am On Mar 24, 2017
Simple ! Cos its biafraland why are you people like this even dokubo has said biafra is not about igbos only. The other day ohaneze talk about extra state for se someone condemned them for doing igbo/se agenda that they should ask that non se igbos be included as a state in se and i think he is right. Now if the base is in core south east this same op will come around shouting that biafra is igbo agenda. To the end of causing hatred between us. For all those who think igbos will not be at peace with ss people, you can google it and see there has not been any igbo niger delta crisis or on any recorded history. What do you gain by tearing brothers apart so you can milk them of thier resources

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by kayjasper(f): 7:42am On Mar 24, 2017
Udmaster:
busty mama! You thicky bird.

undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Udmaster(m): 7:43am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
the thing tire me. what kind of delusion is that?
Nnamdi kanu has created lunatics, they irritate me! Ipob stinks. I want a country for Igbos alone. Simple

5 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by izombie(m): 7:43am On Mar 24, 2017
I am igbo but ipob just showed that they are not ready or they are not the ones to get us biafra.

7 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by ImperialYoruba: 7:48am On Mar 24, 2017
Not interested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by kingzizzy: 7:48am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
I am currently in portharcourt for a conference and the news of IPOB declaring portharcourt as their official base is circulating.
why are Igbos bringing embarrasment to Igbos?
I overheard that many kalabaris, okrikas, ikwerre, ogonis etc want to protest against it.
As a Delta-Ibo, truth be told, I can see why some of my anioma brethrens deny being Igbo.
You need to see the insult being throwed at Igbos just because of ipob activity in portharcourt.
Rivers state governor is NOT a Biafra supporter, why constituting nuisance in his state?
IPOB has changed Portharcourt name to Igweocha, how do you expect the minorities like Ogoni to feel, atleast Portharcourt is all they have to call their city by virtue of being Rivers indigene.
why are Igbos behaving this way?
This declaration of Portharcourt as IPOB Official base is wrong and should be condemned.
Move it to any south east city and avoid unnecessary misunderstanding.
Thanks.

This is useless ranting. The original name of Portharcourt is "Igu-Ocha" which many now write as "Igwe-Ocha" although both words are pronounced the same. What is wrong in people using the original name of the land? Is 'Portharcourt' an African name?

As for those who are angry about IPOB making Igweocha their base, whats wrong with that? Igweocha or Portharcourt used to be in the Republic of Biafra anyway.

Biafra has never been just about just Igbos. The last president of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, was not Igbo.

The name 'Biafra' was suggested as the name of the breakaway Republic by Frank Opigo, and Ijaw man and former Headmaster of Okrika Grammar School.

I do not expect all the minorities to like the issue of Biafra but I expect them to support a referendum where everyone can choose their future.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Amarabae(f): 7:49am On Mar 24, 2017
I corrected them in a thread yesterday night and you need to see the insults they poured on me.
It was like I was facing misogynist who hate the opinion of a woman in anything that concerns Biafra agitation.
They want you to tell them what they want to hear, if you do otherwise, then get ready for their insults.
I support Nnamdi Kanu for showing bravery in speaking up against the injustice and marginalization in this country, and I will continue to lend my voice to his release.
But some of the methods of the Igbos, I just don't understand it.
I pray that this latest declaration of PH as their official base do not lead to crisis.

9 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by AntiNigerian: 7:58am On Mar 24, 2017
Igweocha as base? them for move am go Etche na

3 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 8:01am On Mar 24, 2017
kingzizzy:

This is useless ranting. The original name of Portharcourt is "Igu-Ocha" which many now write as "Igwe-Ocha" although both words are pronounced the same. What is wrong in people using the original name of the land? Is 'Portharcourt' an African name?

As for those who are angry about IPOB making Igweocha their base, whats wrong with that? Igweocha or Portharcourt used to be in the Republic of Biafra anyway.

Biafra has never been just about just Igbos. The last president of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, was not Igbo.

The name 'Biafra' was suggested as the name of the breakaway Republic by Frank Opigo, and Ijaw man and former Headmaster of Okrika Grammar School.

I do not expect all the minorities to like the issue of Biafra but I expect them to support a referendum where everyone can choose their future.
Old Eastern region is gone, Phillip Effiong being Ojukwu no.2 means nothing.
Stop living in delusion, Did Rivers state government asked you Igbos to change the name of portharcourt?
The minorities are not asking for Refrendum and NO REFRENDUM will take place on their land.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Wantedmiller: 8:03am On Mar 24, 2017
am suspecting you to be a member(topic)
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 8:03am On Mar 24, 2017
izombie:
I am igbo but ipob just showed that they are not ready or they are not the ones to get us biafra.
God bless you for saying the pure truth.

8 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 8:04am On Mar 24, 2017
Wantedmiller:
am suspecting you to be a member(topic)
member of what?

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Kondomatic(m): 8:05am On Mar 24, 2017
You're a deltan Igbo?

Please which tribe is that?

6 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 8:06am On Mar 24, 2017
Kondomatic:
You're a deltan Igbo?

Please which tribe is that?
focus on the topic and don't derail.

11 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Kondomatic(m): 8:09am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
I am not derailing, it's part of your post. If you cannot declare publicly that you're Igbo then tell me why I should take your post serious?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 24, 2017
People are getting worked up for nothing. If you don't like how they operate, define the way forward, back it up with action, or forever be silent.
A good number of Ikwerre people in IPOB worked so hard to have PH as the base of the agitation.
It is a temporary move, it has been moved from Enugu to Aba to Onitsha/Nkpor and now to PH.
What this decision means is that they get to pick a closer location for May 30 remembrance, possibly Obigbo areas. After that it moves on somewhere else.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:

Very important question, he asked u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 8:12am On Mar 24, 2017
Kondomatic:
I am not derailing, it's part of your post. If you cannot declare publicly that you're Igbo then tell me why I should take your post serious?
there is nothing wrong in the name Delta Igbo, aka Aniomas.
Now focus on the topic

6 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
there is nothing wrong in the name Delta Igbo, aka Aniomas.
Now focus on the topic

Then u have no business opening this post. Ugomba be guided.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 8:14am On Mar 24, 2017
NormalCodes:
People are getting worked up for nothing. If you don't like how they operate, define the way forward, back it up with action, or forever be silent.
A good number of Ikwerre people in IPOB worked so hard to have PH as the base of the agitation.
It is a temporary move, it has been moved from Enugu to Aba to Onitsha/Nkpor and now to PH.
What this decision means is that they get to pick a closer location for May 30 remembrance, possibly Obigbo areas. After that it moves on somewhere else.
continue to deceive urselves.

16 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 8:15am On Mar 24, 2017
NormalCodes:

Then u have no business opening this post. Ugomba be guided.
don't even dream of starting ur stupid insults here on my thread.
Don't try it, take it to ur Radio Biafra facebook page of lunatics

20 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Kondomatic(m): 8:16am On Mar 24, 2017
Amarabae:
I corrected them in a thread yesterday night and you need to see the insults they poured on me.
It was like I was facing misogynist who hate the opinion of a woman in anything that concerns Biafra agitation.
They want you to tell them what they want to hear, if you do otherwise, then get ready for their insults.
I support Nnamdi Kanu for showing bravery in speaking up against the injustice and marginalization in this country, and I will continue to lend my voice to his release.
But some of the methods of the Igbos, I just don't understand it.
I pray that this latest declaration of PH as their official base do not lead to crisis.
My sister, some things are better left ignored.

It's impossible for certain people to see anything good in IPOB. I personally don't like what they just did, Enugu as far as I am concerned is the capital of Biafra but recently, a thread was created on here and people from port and other minor tribes in Ndelta said that the reason they cannot support IPOB is because everything will be in South East and that they will still face the same thing they're facing in Nigeria now as a minority.

Now that the capital has been moved to their doorstep, they still cry foul.

There was a thread I read somewhere sometime ago and a question concerning the base of IPOB was raised and many South Southners said it should be in port Harcourt so that the minorities will have a feel of belonging.

Now it's there and they're crying foul.

If I had the power, I would create a Biafra for South Eastners alone.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Worst States To Live In Nigeria, In 2017 / Gov. Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Multiple Projects In IMT Enugu / Ako Obioma Under Fire Over Alleged Contract Scam In Abia, Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.