Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,055 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? (5564 Views)

IPOB: "Why Didn’t Police Invite Army, Air Force Over Killer-herdsmen?"- Ohanaeze / IPOB: Why We Attacked Ike Ekweremadu In Germany / Go With Your Official Cars, Ortom Tells Outgoing LG Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Emycord: 10:00am On Mar 24, 2017
Alexrayz:

Pls is Biafra not an only Igbo agenda who is following guys to play ur confused game Pls o na only una waka come o
a ref will see us test the truth in ur post
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Emycord: 10:03am On Mar 24, 2017
loopman:

You are Ibo.
correct yourself immediately
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Etogist: 10:12am On Mar 24, 2017
victorvezx:

But they have rebuked u times without number that they have nothing to do with Biafra, they have warned u Ipob several times to redraw ur map and exclude them. I can't even count how many times the Niger deltans have warned u people. But being greedy as ur tribe is, Ipob still Insist on saying Niger delta is part of Biafra
Was that your reason for masturbating? Well, for your information, SS political jobbers and office holders are not exempted in the reputation of rebuking the agitation for Biafra, is same in the SE. Seriously, what do u expect? Remember power belongs to the people. When the chips are down we shall know who is in support and who is against. So, take a chill pill and give liberty a chance.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by khSteel: 10:26am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
I am currently in portharcourt for a conference and the news of IPOB declaring portharcourt as their official base is circulating.
why are Igbos bringing embarrasment to Igbos?
I overheard that many kalabaris, okrikas, ikwerre, ogonis etc want to protest against it.
As a Delta-Ibo, truth be told, I can see why some of my anioma brethrens deny being Igbo.
You need to see the insult being throwed at Igbos just because of ipob activity in portharcourt.
Rivers state governor is NOT a Biafra supporter, why constituting nuisance in his state?
IPOB has changed Portharcourt name to Igweocha, how do you expect the minorities like Ogoni to feel, atleast Portharcourt is all they have to call their city by virtue of being Rivers indigene.
why are Igbos behaving this way?
This declaration of Portharcourt as IPOB Official base is wrong and should be condemned.
Move it to any south east city and avoid unnecessary misunderstanding.
Thanks.

I don't know the reasons for their choice of PH; however, this could be a very strategic move given that some peeps from SS have in the past made reference to how far Enugu is as a Capital and how they would support Biafra republic holistically should Igbos concede the Capital to non-Igbo area.

With the above stated, I think PH may offer all that are concerned a neutral location that might be generally acceptable and accessible to most stakeholders.

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by bantudra: 10:26am On Mar 24, 2017
Abagworo:
IPOB is just a destabilizing strategy employed by PDP to create chaos for Buhari Government. Some of these young men risking their lives and dying for nothing were brainwashed by the lies and propaganda of radio biafra. One cannot engage in meaningful discussion with these people as they seem mentally deranged and accept whatever illogical nonsense from radio biagra as the truth. Rumuokwurusi boys killed 2 of them during their last protest which the security agencies helped avert bloody clash only for the radio biagra to lie that it was security agents that killed them. Anyone in doubt should visit Rumuokwurusi hoods and hear the boys boast openly about it. Rivers is not interested in biagra. Even though there exists pockets of their supporters an overwhelming majority is committed to one Nigeria or Niger Delta autonomy.

hmm..interesting...thanks for this info,bro....
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by khSteel: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
I am currently in portharcourt for a conference and the news of IPOB declaring portharcourt as their official base is circulating.
I overheard that many kalabaris, okrikas, ikwerre, ogonis etc want to protest against it.
As a Delta-Ibo, truth be told, I can see why some of my anioma brethrens deny being Igbo.
You need to see the insult being throwed at Igbos just because of ipob activity in portharcourt.
Rivers state governor is NOT a Biafra supporter, why constituting nuisance in his state?
IPOB has changed Portharcourt name to Igweocha, how do you expect the minorities like Ogoni to feel, atleast Portharcourt is all they have to call their city by virtue of being Rivers indigene.
This declaration of Portharcourt as IPOB Official base is wrong and should be condemned.
Thanks.

I don't know the reasons for their choice of PH; however, this could be a very strategic move given that some peeps from SS have in the past made reference to how far Enugu is as a Capital and how they would support Biafra republic holistically should Igbos concede the Capital to non-Igbo area.

With the above stated, I think PH may offer all that are concerned a neutral location that might be generally acceptable and accessible to most stakeholders.

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by bantudra: 10:30am On Mar 24, 2017
iSlayer2:

You've come with that misogynist crap again. When women fail to put forward salient points and hence lose the argument they call everyone misogynist. You see how people behave?! Okay o.

every woman has the right to say her opinion too..

if i were a mod,i would ban you for 10years for what you just wrote....

2 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by kingzizzy: 10:32am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
Old Eastern region is gone, Phillip Effiong being Ojukwu no.2 means nothing.
Stop living in delusion, Did Rivers state government asked you Igbos to change the name of portharcourt?
The minorities are not asking for Refrendum and NO REFRENDUM will take place on their land.

Philip Effiong being no 2 man and the last President of Biafra means everything because it is a clear indication that Biafra has never been about Igbos only.

What is Rivers state? What is Old Eastern Region? What is Nigeria? All these are mere geographical names that Soldiers, starting from Lugard, imposed on us all to steal our natural wealth. Biafra remains the only country that was created by the mandate of the people because Ojukwu asked the Eastern Nigeria consultative assembly , the representatives of the people, for the permission to declare Biafra and they gave it to him.

What do you mean the minorities are not asking for referendum? You think NDA, MEND, NDVF and the rest of them sprang up because of the love of 'one Nigeria'?

An Ijaw woman called Mrs Ankio Briggs is spearheading referendun under the lower Niger congress

Former militant Asari Dokubo not only called Radio Biafra and confirmed he is a Biafran, he has consistently called for referendum. The minorities already know they will not get resource control in Nigeria. If the majorities like Yoruba and Igbos havent got it, what magic will they do?

Dont speak for the minorities or for anyone outside your ethnic group. We can all speak for our selves when referendum comes

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 24, 2017
Kondomatic:
My sister, some things are better left ignored.

It's impossible for certain people to see anything good in IPOB. I personally don't like what they just did, Enugu as far as I am concerned is the capital of Biafra but recently, a thread was created on here and people from port and other minor tribes in Ndelta said that the reason they cannot support IPOB is because everything will be in South East and that they will still face the same thing they're facing in Nigeria now as a minority.

Now that the capital has been moved to their doorstep, they still cry foul.

There was a thread I read somewhere sometime ago and a question concerning the base of IPOB was raised and many South Southners said it should be in port Harcourt so that the minorities will have a feel of belonging.

Now it's there and they're crying foul.

If I had the power, I would create a Biafra for South Eastners alone.

My brother you will live long.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 24, 2017
[s]
bantudra:

every woman has the right to say her opinion too..

if i were a mod,i would ban you for 10years for what you just wrote....
[/s]

Enwe... that's why you're not a mod.
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by bantudra: 10:48am On Mar 24, 2017
iSlayer2:

Enwe... that's why you're not a mod.

who knows...maybe i will become one,one day...any nairalander can become mod..

soooo...better be nice to me...or i will start a special ban jihad against you....

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by victorvezx(m): 10:51am On Mar 24, 2017
Etogist:

Was that your reason for masturbating? Well, for your information, SS political jobbers and office holders are not exempted in the reputation of rebuking the agitation for Biafra, is same in the SE. Seriously, what do u expect? Remember power belongs to the people. When the chips are down we shall know who is in support and who is against. So, take a chill pill and give liberty a chance.
Hahahaha, political jobbers? How can they be political jobbers when they were elected by the same people to represent the people and their views? are u not surprised that the only people that Protest for Ipob are only the few Igbos leaving in port harcourt? Keep deceiving urself and denying reality. When the chips are down, ur eyes will open. I promise u that

4 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Noneroone(m): 10:58am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
Stop living in delusion, Did Rivers state government asked you Igbos to change the name of portharcourt?
The minorities are not asking for Refrendum and NO REFRENDUM will take place on their land.
wow...you have such an erratic mentality like barcanista. That's all i have to say for now.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Etogist: 11:05am On Mar 24, 2017
victorvezx:

Hahahaha, political jobbers? How can they be political jobbers when they were elected by the same people to represent the people and their views? are u not surprised that the only people that Protest for Ipob are only the few Igbos leaving in port harcourt? Keep deceiving urself and denying reality. When the chips are down, ur eyes will open. I promise u that

Which planet are you from? So the Akwaibom guy that was killed during the rally for Trump was one the few Igbos living in Portharcourt ? Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:15am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
Thanks.
... With an eye full of tears and a nostalgia of a historical massacre that took place in Asaba and other parts of Igboland, I am responding to your thread. I am deeply DISAPPOINTED by your thread due to the following reasons :

1.As one that always defend the interest of Ndigbo on this platform, why writing such a thread to ridicule or feed the 'enemies' with another punchline to hit us?
2.Even if you are not in support of making PH a base for the agitators, don't you think that bringing it up on this forum is unnecessary? This is a faceless forum and you have succeeded in mocking your igbo race.
3.Making a hasty generalization is not good. Are you aware that Ohanaeze has proud Ikwerre sons and daughters in their organization? Why rushing into a topic you lacked historical insight?.
4.Why the hypocrisy? You are comfortable having foreign embassies that has raped your country for ages in your country and also you didn't see any wrong doing when Innoson is about to build and open a mega office in Uyo. Why are you disturbed on where a group seeks to build or operate their office from?
5.As per the bolded, I am grossly disappointed because it really questioned your true identity once again. Do you derive some sorts of satisfaction albeit subtly in mocking your tribe? Or are you yet to decide fully in solving your identity crisis of where you actually belong to? Maybe igbo or Benin oriented lineage? Pls Kindly do so to avoid embarrassing the igbo race.
6.I noticed a subtle harmony between you and other igbo haters on this forum since you penciled down this thread. So the question now is this :Now that you have succeeded in bringing reproach to the entire igbo race on this forum based on your write up, how HAPPY are you now? Will it stop the said office not to be in ph? So what have you achieved now?.

Finally, I want you to see this response as a brotherly one and not as a foe. Let's learn to solve our issues amongst ourselves than to bringing it up in a faceless forum thereby endangering our race the more. I wish you Goodluck my brother. Note:This is my first time of commenting on tribal or Ipob related thread.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by victorvezx(m): 11:23am On Mar 24, 2017
Etogist:

Which planet are you from? So the Akwaibom guy that was killed during the rally for Trump was one the few Igbos living in Portharcourt ? Keep deceiving yourself.
Because one Akwa ibom fool died for Biafra does not mean the other 6 million in his state support it, One person can't speak for 6 million, u get it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 24, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... With an eye full of tears and a nostalgia of a historical massacre that took place in Asaba and other parts of Igboland, I am responding to your thread. I am deeply DISAPPOINTED by your thread due to the following reasons :

1.As one that always defend the interest of Ndigbo on this platform, why writing such a thread to ridicule or feed the 'enemies' with another punchline to hit us?
2.Even if you are not in support of making PH a base for the agitators, don't you think that bringing it up on this forum is unnecessary? This is a faceless forum and you have succeeded in mocking your igbo race.
3.Making a hasty generalization is not good. Are you aware that Ohanaeze has proud Ikwerre sons and daughters in their organization? Why rushing into a topic you lacked historical insight?.
4.Why the hypocrisy? You are comfortable having foreign embassies that has raped your country for ages in your country and also you didn't see any wrong doing when Innoson is about to build and open a mega office in Uyo. Why are you disturbed on where a group seeks to build or operate their office from?
5.As per the bolded, I am grossly disappointed because it really questioned your true identity once again. Do you derive some sorts of satisfaction albeit subtly in mocking your tribe? Or are you yet to decide fully in solving your identity crisis of where you actually belong to? Maybe igbo or Benin oriented lineage? Pls Kindly do so to avoid embarrassing the igbo race.
6.I noticed a subtle harmony between you and other igbo haters on this forum since you penciled down this thread. So the question now is this :Now that you have succeeded in bringing reproach to the entire igbo race on this forum based on your write up, how HAPPY are you now? Will it stop the said office not to be in ph? So what have you achieved now?.

Finally, I want you to see this response as a brotherly one and not as a foe. Let's learn to solve our issues amongst ourselves than to bringing it up in a faceless forum thereby endangering our race the more. I wish you Goodluck my brother. Note:This is my first time of commenting on tribal or Ipob related thread.
I am a core Igbo defender on this forum. The points you raised may not be entirely correct in regards to the OP. I'm an admirer of IPOB , because their agitation is creating an awakening among Igbos never seen before. Nevertheless, IPOB need to redefine their objective and become more tactful.... a lot to say on these issues......
the need to welcome divergent view is necessary. IPOB FB page is a no go area. I once was barred from that group as a result of my opinion. We have lots IPOB members on this forum, so by seeing these comments coming from concerned Igbo son, I believe they can take home one or two things that need to be modified.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by paschu: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2017
I seriously do not understand why an old man like you should have so much disregard for honour. You derive much pleasure from telling bare faced lies as though you are not aware of kama. Are you not thinking about the grave at your age?

[s]
Abagworo:
IPOB is just a destabilizing strategy employed by PDP to create chaos for Buhari Government. Some of these young men risking their lives and dying for nothing were brainwashed by the lies and propaganda of radio biafra. One cannot engage in meaningful discussion with these people as they seem mentally deranged and accept whatever illogical nonsense from radio biagra as the truth. Rumuokwurusi boys killed 2 of them during their last protest which the security agencies helped avert bloody clash only for the radio biagra to lie that it was security agents that killed them. Anyone in doubt should visit Rumuokwurusi hoods and hear the boys boast openly about it. Rivers is not interested in biagra. Even though there exists pockets of their supporters an overwhelming majority is committed to one Nigeria or Niger Delta autonomy.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Abagworo(m): 11:58am On Mar 24, 2017
Marcelo290:
Dear Ugomba, it is with a heart filled with anger and shame I write this to u. Firstly, I think there is a need to allow people fight for their ideology, U and your cohorts have made we the igbo race a laughing stock and a subject of ridicule to all. U keep talking of referendum and using the right methodology like u don't know the country we are in, I would also appreciate if u explain to me better why u called people fighting for what they believe in lunatics and other derogatory names.

On the issue of the base moved to PH, I don't see how and why it should be a bother to you. for your info, there are those from SS who are in full support of the said movement, that u are not in support is nobody's business and I would enjoin u to stop crying more than the bereaved. If it is in SE, the minorities in the SS would complain, now it is in the SS and and u still complaining. Again, I would also advice u and your cohorts to read this letter with all objectivity devoid of hate, also be mindful of the words u use, and lastly, avoid committing the fallacy of hasty generalizations, this fight didn't start today, it started from the time of our fathers, I would advice u go and read your history books, Biafra is not something of the Igbos or SE alone....

From a proud Igbo cum Biafran!✌✌

Biafra as conceived then was the Eastern region but the minorities of the Eastern region celebrated liberation when Biafra was ousted from their lands meaning the secession wasn't popular among the minorities.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Abagworo(m): 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
paschu:
I seriously do not understand why an old man like you should have so much disregard for honour. You derive much pleasure from telling bare faced lies as though you are not aware of kama. Are you not thinking about the grave at your age?

[s][/s]

Chino I'm equally a Rivers man and I'm telling you the truth. Rivers people are not part of Biafra in mind and spirit.

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by paschu: 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
The OP is not making any valid point.

All I saw in his post was a heart full of derogatory steriotypes against Biafra in general and Nd'igbo in particular. Did you notice how difficult it was for him to identify as an Igbo person? He prefered to be called "Delta-Ibo" cheesy

That shows you how shallow the dude is. Well, it's not entirely hard to understsnd since his father probably grew up as a "Bendel-Ibo". But now that Bendel no longer exist, I would presume that his dad's identity is lost forever going by his dumb logic (although my hunch tells me that the OP's father is not of igbo descent).

Truth is that I don't take these pawns serious anymore. Someone who cannot solve his identity crisis is hugely deluded if he thinks his opinion counts in a national discourse.

He should go to PH and stop IPOB from carrying out their operations if he thinks his twisted opinion is valid.

blues2022:

I am a core Igbo defender on this forum. The points you raised may not be entirely correct in regards to the OP. I'm an admirer of IPOB , because their agitation is creating an awakening among Igbos never seen before. Nevertheless, IPOB need to redefine their objective and become more tactful.... a lot to say on these issues......
the need to welcome divergent view is necessary. IPOB FB page is a no go area. I once was barred from that group as a result of my opinion. We have lots IPOB members on this forum, so by seeing these comments coming from concerned Igbo son, I believe they can take home one or two things that need to be modified.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by paschu: 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Since when? I wish you realize how dumb this kind of statements sound when spewed from your mouth. shocked

Abagworo:

Chino I'm equally a Rivers man and I'm telling you the truth. Rivers people are not part of Biafra in mind and spirit.
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by loopman: 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
Emycord:
correct yourself immediately

Ok you are delta or SS Ibo.
LWKMD cheesy

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by ruggedized1: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
This jobless oaf, so anyone that calls you an old man of which are..automatically becomes chino? You should have known by now that I don't discuss Biafra because the greatest con artist that founded MASSOB is your brother from Imo state and that is where their head offices is located in Okwe, Imo state.

By the way I am in PH right now, where are you?

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by bantudra: 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
Newmanluckyman:

because ipobians are useless...they dont unite people,they abuse them day and night!!!...

we naija deltans are not sadists like them....

2 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Newmanluckyman:

That part you bolded. That is a disgraceful comment..and a slap to the face of the entire Igbo race. Fortunately enough,he disgraces himself with it also. SMH.

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
When you said you're Delta-Igbo I don't need any further information to know who you are, where you're from and what you intend to achieve with your baseless post. Even the most fuulish in this nairaland knows you're a topical afonja doing they're known for which is poking their noses where they have no business.

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Dedetwo(m): 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
Thanks.

The above crap lacks every decent thought process known to mankind. You claimed to have attended a conference in Igweocha. With the above stream of thought, it is fair to question the substantive grade of the conference.
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Dedetwo(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
kayjasper:
You see, when a group lack defined leadership and clear cut agenda, they will end up disoriented and rubbished in the end.

You pick Port Hacourt that is not supposed to be part of the Biafra land originally as headquarters of the group (when Enugu is there) and then you expect others to take you seriously?
cry cry cry

Charity they say begins at home. But for Biafra, their charity begins Abroad!!!

You have spoken like a typical Nigerian who knew nothing next his/her nose yet create waves about creation.
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Dedetwo(m): 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:

You posts reek of idiocy without basic knowledge. I am sure you are not a member of IPOB and cannot hellishly tell who are the decision-making planks of the group. You shout Igbo this or that but must be cautious when slamming an organization you are not even a member.
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by HiddenShadow: 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
Thanks.

You are wrong because you never gave room for Referendum to decide if they seek slavery(Nigeria) or Biafra(Freedom)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zimbabweans Make Fun Of Peter Gringory Obi / Evidence: Tinubu Will Lose & Return The Certificate / Impostor Decamped To APC Not Me – Kogi ADC Chairman Adoji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.