Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) (62803 Views)

Statue Of Father Abraham Nwali By Ebonyi Catholic Parishioners / Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by flex04(m): 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
I crucifix has once bleeded bfr a frair by the name padre pio around italy so cases like dis are nt new though padre pio was a stigmata
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Adeoba10:
Idol worshippers.... When the tonic is finished am sure you will start using zobo.
Someone shedding blood means he/she is going through hell...
Are you a Christian?? Let me explain something... in the early 90's / 2000's Protestant churches accused us of mocking Christ in the communion.... Years later same people started it after understanding the significance
Same time frame Protestant churches mocked us for doing confession but av been to other churches where they now do it...
Now they said we added to the Bible forgetting the Bible is actually voluminous
Now this idolatry thing...if we go by the Nigerian logic, trust me by the average 4 weeks Bible school theology pastor's standards, we will all end up in hell both Catholics and non Catholics... cos we are guilty of various forms of idolatry... but my advise to you is to try and be enlightened...
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by eflintsone(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:
I'm a Christian but not a catholic so I don't belief in d worship of mary.
However, God can Speak to his people thru different means in d old testament he caused a donkey to Speak in order to warn the errant Prophet balam
go make ur findings bro , the catholics do nt worship marry , she been honoured as a virgin and mother of Christ
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by lepasharon(f): 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
Yesterday Allah wrote on a tree, now this
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by ollah2: 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol. Catholics, very obstinate people. If you can not comprehend John 14:6 as a Christian, then you are on your own. So a man even owns this statue abi na mary? smh

Have you comprehended Exodus 20:4-5?
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by spartan117(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
eflintsone:
go make ur findings bro , the catholics do nt worship marry , she been honoured as a virgin and mother of Christ
D last time I followed my dad to his catholic church for a special service we were asked to kneel before a statue of mary before exiting d church, I saw it as idolatory and decided not to kneel.
Mary deserves honour just like so many other Bible character, I personally wud like to honour David bcuz I've taken him as my mentor but however I can't ask him to intercede on my behalf bcuz I have d holy spirit 4 dat d Bible calls him our intercessor and d Bible also told us dat jesus christ is seated at d right hand of d father making intercession 4 us.
The reference d Bible gave to past saints is in hebrews 12:1 according to dat scripture dey are simply watching us like tv they are not interceding 4 us bcuz Dats not their job its d job of d holy Ghost

3 Likes

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
ooshinibos:
Seun this is unchristian stuff and it does not represent Christianity at all , it should not be allowed on this platform ... if it was Islamic ..you will not let it be published , rightly so , ..why do you hate Christianity so much seun ..
Really?? Then what is Christianity all about my brother?? Sowing seeds?? False speaking in tongues?? Hypocrisy?? Marrying and divorcing amongst pastors?? Using the Bible to collecting money and using that same Bible to threaten those that raise any brow... am disappointed in the way you commented... travel abroad and see your contemporaries there are embracing and tolerating each other's Faith...but here we claim to know what we don't... what a shame.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by akin33(m): 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
The topic should be titled THE WEEPING IDOL
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Shafiiimran99: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Sirheny007:

It is called adoration...
I adore her..and who wouldn't?

See, some Catholics take things a bit far..some actually worship her, but that is a mistake on their individual part..
It is never in the Roman Catholic doctrine to worship Mary..
It is because u don't really understand the meanin of worship or u just agreed with what u have been tellin that "it is not worship but ardoration".
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by naijaent: 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
Lancelott:
Let me solve your problem...
Define intercession??
No one gets through the Father except through me... but how do you get to a Son?? it's through the mother.
The wedding feast at Canaan... when the servants ran to the Mother of Christ, that was intercession... They could have met him to turn water into wine straight up but they needed someone who could get his attention straight up
Is that what the bible told or you're just trying to use common sense on religious matters. And how does the servants running to the mother of Christ have to do with praying to the mother of Christ. Can you see how you guys just pick a part of the bible to buttress an unrelated point.

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by SAMBHOSS(m): 1:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
Omo....

Religious turf wars....

As far as you dey worship your God... And he's blessing you....and you're thanking him for that.....and he continues blessing you....

Don't see any reason for the hullabaloo.....
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 1:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:

D last time I followed my dad to his catholic church for a special service we were asked to kneel before a statue of mary before exiting d church, I saw it as idolatory and decided not to kneel
You mean genuflect not kneel...lol people genuflect before the Queen of England when being knighted...does that indicate idolatry?? Like I said genuflecting is a sign of respect not worship... look at ancient traditions in some dynasties or countries even till now... anyway you were not genuflecting at the statue
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by spartan117(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
Lancelott:
You mean genuflect not kneel...lol people genuflect before the Queen of England when being knighted...does that indicate idolatry?? Like I said genuflecting is a sign of respect not worship... look at ancient traditions in some dynasties or countries even till now... anyway you were not genuflecting at the statue
I wud Ave 2 refer u back to my post, I've updated it
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by BlueRayDick: 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
They should read this book Odour of sanctity by Frank Yerby, they will know these things have logical explanations but they are unwilling hear them
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancasterguy: 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
With amount of load on her head,if it's you,won't you cry?
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
naijaent:

Is that what the bible told or you're just trying to use common sense on religious matters. And how does the servants running to the mother of Christ have to do with praying to the mother of Christ. Can you see how you guys just pick a part of the bible to buttress an unrelated point.
The particular role of Mary
Among the Saints, the Blessed Virgin Mary plays a unique and privileged role.
As we've established, God, in choosing to become Man, ordained that men and women participate in the redemption of the human race. Therefore the Catechism prefixes any discussion of Mary with the following text:
487: What the Catholic faith believes about Mary is based on what it believes about Christ, and what it teaches about Mary illumines, in turn, its faith in Christ.
Notice the emphasis: Everything we believe about Mary is related to the Incarnation and it illuminates our Christian faith. To that end, Mary becomes our model of the perfect disciple. Nowhere is this more evident than in her response to the Angel Gabriel.
"Let it be done to me according to your word . . ."
With these words, Mary allowed God's eternal plan for our salvation to become manifest in our time and space.
The Catechism puts it this way:
"Let it be done to me according to your word. . ."
494 At the announcement that she would give birth to "the Son of the Most High" without knowing man, by the power of the Holy Spirit, Mary responded with the obedience of faith, certain that "with God nothing will be impossible": "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be [done] to me according to your word." Thus, giving her consent to God's word, Mary becomes the mother of Jesus. Espousing the divine will for salvation wholeheartedly, without a single sin to restrain her, she gave herself entirely to the person and to the work of her Son; she did so in order to serve the mystery of redemption with him and dependent on him, by God's grace:
As St. Irenaeus says,
"Being obedient she became the cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race."
Hence not a few of the early Fathers gladly assert:
"The knot of Eve's disobedience was untied by Mary's obedience: what the virgin Eve bound through her disbelief, Mary loosened by her faith."
Comparing her with Eve, they call Mary "the Mother of the living" and frequently claim: "Death through Eve, life through Mary."
Mary, by agreeing to bring Jesus into the world, became a "cause" of our Salvation.
In doing so, she mediated between Heaven and earth. Therefore, the Church gives Mary certain titles such as Mediatrix of all Grace and Co-Redemptrix.
Again, when we hear titles such as these, we must always remember that these titles are in no way equating Mary to Jesus. To the contrary, they are meant to be understood in relationship to Jesus Christ. Mary is what she is by grace and by virtue of being "in Christ." Since Jesus Christ is the source of all grace and Mary brought Jesus into the world, Mary is the Mediatrix of grace. Since she cooperated with God's redemptive plan, she is Co-Redemptrix.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by brojoshua: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Idolatry and end time powerful delusions for all those who have pleasure in unrighteousness; the unbelievers including the false christains

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by brojoshua: 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Idolatry and worshipping of demons by the idolatrous christains that are false
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by galaxy15(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
nonsense Cultism. I'm a christian but will not support this rubbish. This is a sign from the pit of hell. one simple question, is it Mary that shed her blood for you? or Jesus? so why's the blood coming from her. Also, in this present day, why will Jesus have to show his blood before you believe. the blood has been shed and has fulfilled it's purpose so any other blood is a satanic sign. Don't let your Emotions lead you astray. the fact that you're a Christian doesn't mean you shouldn't use your senses as Christians . Use your brain!!!

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
U don't worship her but u do need down in front of her status everyday, if that action is not worship then, how do u define that?
Yoruba's kneel before their parents... is that worship/? their men men lie flat, is that worship... its respect bro

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by hokafor(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
All the time she is crying blood. I wonder who is playing this pranks only in Africa and south America.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
galaxy15:
nonsense Cultism. I'm a christian but will not support this rubbish. This is a sign from the pit of hell. one simple question, is it Mary that shed her blood for you? or Jesus? so why's the blood coming from her. Also, in this present day, why will Jesus have to show his blood before you believe. the blood has been shed and has fulfilled it's purpose so any other blood is a satanic sign. Don't let your Emotions lead you astray. the fact that you're a Christian doesn't mean you shouldn't use your senses as Christians . Use your brain!!!
nobody is calling it a miracle yet. They said they need confirmation... we don't just say it's a miracle unless it's confirmed and as it is, it's unconfirmed still... so even me as a Catholic won't believe it yet until its totally proven not to be a hoax...
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Osazuwa72: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
Why not? When sins are too much
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Vioncy(f): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
Lancelott:
We all have our beliefs...personally we don't worship idols but if you insist on getting an explanation, do you know idolatry is not about idols alone?? Your phone could be an idol, your pastor or imam could be an idol...the question is where is the origin of Christendom traced to?? well the idolaters you despise.. I don't disrespect people's religion cos we are taught to be accepting not condemning.. look at Pope Francis... but Nigerians are here firing shots not from their beliefs but from what their church teaches... so what's the difference between you and I... that means the Angel Gabriel was an idolatrous being since he said hail Mary or you skipped that Bible part?? Elizabeth must have been an idolatrous being from your logic because she said blessed are you among women.... the prayer is coined from the bible and the ending part of the Hail Mary prays for us at the hour of our death... is that wrong??
Don't get me wrong bro the statue thing might be a hoax... but don't come at my faith like that

Even the Bible says give honour to whom honour is due... a Virgin that bore the saviour of the world without knowing any man deserves our honour....come to think of it....so many person don't even know the different btw worshipping and honouring.......dear friend am not a catholic but i give honour to whom its due.......
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by nellyelitz(m): 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Always these idol worshippers...
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Winnyluv(f): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
clovislouis:
u look nice dear

Thanks dear smiley
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Vioncy:

Even the Bible says give honour to whom honour is due... a Virgin that bore the saviour of the world without knowing any man deserves our honour....come to think of it....so many person don't even know the different btw worshipping and honouring.......dear friend am not a catholic but i give honour to whom its due.......
Thank you my learned colleague...
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by MYMINDER(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:
However, God can Speak to his people thru different means in d old testament he caused a donkey to Speak in order to warn the errant Prophet balam

But dis statue though looks like dat of a demonic spirit it doesn't depict mary in Anyway

Catholics do not worship Mary. She is honored and deserves to be. I am not asking you to change your view, just to be duly informed while holding your errant view.

Secondly, Mary does not have her photograph available for people to create statues of. Some statues (big or small) will be more aesthetically appealing than others just like all paintings are not the same. Its all about the talent of the craftsman.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by oruma19: 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
They even talk say she be god mother, say na tru
lol @ mother of God..ehehehehe hehehe. it is well
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by miketayo(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:

But dis statue though looks like dat of a demonic spirit it doesn't depict mary in Anyway compare it with d image below

Says who catholics worship Mary? Be careful wat u say abt d Church of God
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by grodt999: 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
mostly people with the mental intelligence of monkeys believe this sort of rubbish!
and most of those people are in africa and 3rd world countries!

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:

But dis statue though looks like dat of a demonic spirit it doesn't depict mary in Anyway compare it with d image below
And who told you catholics worship Mary?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Bishop Tom Samson Wins "Best Pastor Of The Year" Award, Poses In His Limousine / Members Beat Pastor James Mugo After He Asked Them To Pay ₦16,000 To Unlock 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.