Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis (13507 Views)

When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis / What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:36am On Oct 05, 2017
Ferisidowu:

what is the effect of Christ righteousness
The effect of Christ's Righteousness is that it will make you to work for Him out of love and gratitude for what He achieved for us at the Cross, not out of duty to make ourselves more holy or more righteous.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2017
Cool
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:07am On Nov 12, 2017
Htht
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
Yaaaaaas
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:01am On Apr 09, 2018
Baaaa
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:12am On Apr 22, 2018
Wow
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:41am On Jun 17, 2018
Uuuuu
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by Ruddyman(m): 10:05am On Jun 17, 2018
I do not completely accept most of these points .....
I don't really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by uzoma213(m): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2018
Op, may God continue to bless you... you just made my Sunday.
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by mrstheo(f): 10:17am On Jun 17, 2018
how can someone knows he/she has the holy spirit? And how do u communicate with the holy spirit?
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by KenpachiZ: 10:26am On Jun 17, 2018
Rili blessed by this,
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by bedspread: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2018
The Holy Spirit is what it is....

A spirit That is HOLY!

The Holy Spirit does not Tolerate Sin of any sort.... it leaves immediately

Once it's Offended it reacts immediately.... See Acts 5:1-11

The Holy Spirit is present In people who have given their lives to JESUS CHRIST and are Living Right.. Acts 2:1-13

The Holy Spirit Reproves and Convict the World of Sin, of Righteousness and of Judgement! John 16:7-11

Many atimes The Preachings we hear is the Work of the Holy Spirit to Convict us of Our. Sins and Bring us to Righteousness..

The Moment the Rapture takes place and the Saints Have Left, The Holy Spirit leaves also...

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by phenzy(m): 11:03am On Jun 17, 2018
Samsimple:
Op i can see ur your frustration ... Dont worry u will reach fp just fast and pray ....

Must u come n display ur dumbness publicly
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by Vicvalentine: 11:31am On Jun 17, 2018
true but shouldn't believers have a good conscience..

It is very essential to have a good conscience and thoughts

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8 KJV
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by ElsonMorali: 11:32am On Jun 17, 2018
jiggaz:
morning

That last one caught my attention. We aren't called to ACT Holy, we are called to BE Holy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by paulynpen(m): 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
bedspread:
The Holy Spirit is what it is....

A spirit That is HOLY!

The Holy Spirit does not Tolerate Sin of any sort.... it leaves immediately

Once it's Offended it reacts immediately.... See Acts 5:1-11

The Holy Spirit is present In people who have given their lives to JESUS CHRIST and are Living Right.. Acts 2:1-13

The Holy Spirit Reproves and Convict the World of Sin, of Righteousness and of Judgement! John 16:7-11

Many atimes The Preachings we hear is the Work of the Holy Spirit to Convict us of Our. Sins and Bring us to Righteousness..

The Moment the Rapture takes place and the Saints Have Left, The Holy Spirit leaves also...

God bless you. Please people should be careful with these deceived believers. Holy spirit does not convict you of your sin? What make you feel restless and sober when you sin?. Please OP you need to go back to your foundation because you are building on a shaky foundation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
uzoma213:
Op, may God continue to bless you...
you just made my Sunday.
Amen my brother!! You welcome... All glory to Jesus Christ.
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
mrstheo:
how can someone knows he/she has the holy spirit? And how do u communicate with the holy spirit?
You have the Holy Spirit immediately you receive Christ into your life. You communicate with him when you spend time with the word of God or through annointed preaching or teaching that reveals the finished work of Christ.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
KenpachiZ:
Rili blessed by this,
You welcome my brother..
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by Id4Jesus: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2018
paulynpen:

God bless you. Please people should be careful with these deceived believers. Holy spirit does not convict you of your sin? What make you feel restless and sober when you sin?. Please OP you need to go back to your foundation because you are building on a shaky foundation
when I read through what he has written, I couldn't help but to shake my head... Convenient Christianity
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
jiggaz:
Frustration No you got it all wrong. Am not freaked by front page or having large audience. Am all about life transformation, so even if its only one person that viewed this thread and was liberated or got born again... There will an enormous joy in heaven for that one person than the other multitude that read and didn't take it as anything.

I update my articles cos i know that there's someone somewhere that really needs it. So its not about making front page. I love doing this for my Lord Jesus Christ and am not expecting anything in return cos i know am already blessed abundantly in Christ Jesus.

Keep up the work.

So many of us r blessed.

God bless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by EazyMoh(m): 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
Oh yeah the third god in Christianity, I almost always forget about him. It's like he's the one with the lowest rank.
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
Noel1:

Keep up the work.

So many of us r blessed.

God bless!
Thank you so much my brother... Am happy you are blessed... It's all about Christ Jesus.. All glory to Him.
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by THEBOANERGES(m): 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
It's nice to see Godly posts on NL... but sometimes because of d nature of dis forum ...i may not advise som1 to seek Godly cousel here....shalom every1..
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
jiggaz:
A good conscience for the believer is a conscience devoid of fears that might be planted by the enemy. A good conscience is simply focusing on Christ Jesus and His Finished Work on the Cross. Even when you have bad thoughts creep into your mind, cast it down and bring it under the obedience of Christ. Christ is the remedy for all battles of the mind.

I think the question he / she is trying to ask is this:

Does assurance of grace and salvation give us the liberty to sin knowing that our righteousness is no longer by our works but God's righteousness is credited to us?
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
EazyMoh:
Oh yeah the third god in Christianity, I almost always forget about him. It's like he's the one with the lowest rank.

Ban me if u wish!

But I would like to point Moderators' and Mr Seun's attention to something to this guy's post.

How could you claim to render equality to all faithfuls of different religious beliefs while you allow a Muslim to creep into a Christian thread and cause dissent - but a Christian can't even comment on a Muslim related post?

Is that our definition of equality and religious tolerance?

If it seems, then let your conscience judge you.
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2018
Noel1:

I think the question he / she is trying to ask is this:

Does assurance of grace and salvation give us the liberty to sin knowing that our righteousness is no longer by our works but God's righteousness is credited to us?
No it does not give us the liberty to sin, instead it will make us to love God more because of what God did for us through His son Jesus Christ. I am a great example of that. I didn't attend church for 2 and half years in the past because i attend one legalistic church like that. Legalism drives people away from God. The pastor there always tells us the members thats we will end up in Hell every Sunday service. He always warns us that hell awaits any believer that stop doing services for God whether you like it or not.

It became too much, cos every Sunday, everyone will be depressed and they always share this pamphlets of people who went to hell and came back. They always make it look like God is an angry God and sooo unloving. I believed them and became bitter, i resent God for sending beleivers in Christ to hell. Not long after almost everyone left the church. And the pastor that was doing this holier-than-thou can keep malice for Africa!! He even told us that he finds it hard to forgive people... Can you see the hypocrisy in all that? He condemns us to hell meanwhile he believes he and his wife will make heaven, even with their overbearing attitude to people?

I stumbled upon the Gospel of Grace in 2015 through Pastor Joseph Prince and my life changed for the best!! I now realised how God loves me so much that He sent His son to die for my sins. I couldn't believe God loved me like that. I crossed checked from the Bible and found it to be true!!! I became liberated from the law and now loved Jesus with a passion!! I now understand He went through hell on the cross to purchase my salvation!! I was so humbled!! The Love of Christ now became the strongest force in my life everyday. That's how i started this grace revolution here on Nairaland in 2015... I was attacked, insulted and ridiculed. They called me the anti christ because i was preaching a different Gospel. And it is so surprising that it is Christians that are attacking me oo. The type of Christians that feel that they are too holy and lives a legalistic life. Meanwhile other Christians and unbelievers were receiving the good news and were sharing testimonies of how my grace gospel articles that i was posting were changing their lives. I was humbled because i wanted them to hear the good news that liberated my life.

The Gospel of Grace of Jesus Christ gave me a powerful deliverance in 2015 from demonic forces that were troubling my life. I shared the testimony here. I had serious case of demonic oppression in my life since i was a child. I attended several deliverances in the past but it didn't stop. But i got my total deliverance when i started listening to the Gospel of grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Within one month, the demonic oppression stopped completely!! Jesus did it for me!! My brother if you believe right, you will live right. All glory to Christ Jesus!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by bedspread: 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
paulynpen:

U BLESSED
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by Kennyxton: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
I always say this "*you don't have to put a full glass of poison to some drops of wine or milk but rather you put a drop or few drops of poison in a full glass of wine or milk"*

He that reads should understand
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by yourstar: 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
I want to talk on the first one... If there is no record of our sins... What will be inside the book to opened on the last day?.. Which works shall every man be rewarded for?. ..just asking o because these things are deeper than human comprehension
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by Mirriamvic(f): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
Holy spirit has so many ways of speaking to people He just spoke to me through this write up and I feel like crying

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by mrstheo(f): 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
jiggaz:
You have the Holy Spirit immediately you receive Christ into your life. You communicate with him when you spend time with the word of God or through annointed preaching or teaching that reveals the finished work of Christ.
ty embarassedthanks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.