Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis (13503 Views)

When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis / What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 18, 2018
See, this post is why we are called to search the scriptures for ourselves..

A simple check in your Bibles concordance would prove a couple of these theories wrong. I wont tell you which ones, check for yourself.
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 18, 2018
jiggaz:
You have the Holy Spirit immediately you receive Christ into your life. You communicate with him when you spend time with the word of God or through annointed preaching or teaching that reveals the finished work of Christ.

Seconded

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:55am On Jun 18, 2018
mrstheo:
ty embarassedthanks
You welcome dear... God loves you
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:57am On Jun 18, 2018
Mirriamvic:
Holy spirit has so many ways of speaking to people
He just spoke to me through this write up and I feel like crying
Don't cry my dear. This is the truth.
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by damilarelr(m): 2:44am On Jun 20, 2018
The world must hear about the Gospel. Ride on @jiggaz
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
damilarelr:
The world must hear about the Gospel. Ride on @jiggaz
thank you my brother.
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
Lord Jesus
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2021
Gbam
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by budaatum: 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2021
yourstar:
I want to talk on the first one... If there is no record of our sins... What will be inside the book to opened on the last day?..
I bet you keep a record of your sins and you believe you will account for them on the last day but don't you think that that would be a waste of Jesus Christ whom it is written died to wash your sins away? You don't plan to go on filling the book with sinning, or do you?

yourstar:
Which works shall every man be rewarded for?. ..just asking o because these things are deeper than human comprehension
Your daily bread, first, then the humans you fish for, followed by the greater things than he did that you would eventually do. You just need let the Holy Spirit fertilise your human understanding.

jiggaz:

Truth 6: The Holy Spirit helps you to know and draw near to God your Father (Eph 1:17, Gal 4:6).

“For the Spirit that God has given you does not make you slaves and cause you to be afraid; instead, the Spirit makes you God’s children, and by the Spirit’s power we cry out to God, ‘Father! My Father!’” (Rm 8:15, GNB). Wow! How good is that?!

Truth 7: The Holy Spirit lives in you (1 Co 6:19; 2 Ti 1:14, Rm 8:11).

Under the old covenant, God lived in the temple. In the new covenant, you are the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Co 6:19). Where does He live? In you! As Ralph Harris says, you are “God’s sacred mobile home.”

Truth 10: The Holy Spirit is received by faith (Gal 3:14).

https://escapetoreality.org/2011/05/11/holy-spirit-myths/

https://escapetoreality.org/category/Holy-Spirit/
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
Look
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Yeah
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 11:12pm On May 17, 2022
Yesss
Re: 10 Myths About The Holy Spirit - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2022
Gbammest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire / What's Your Favourite Christian Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.