Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,686 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" (42487 Views)

PMB Aides Connived With Ministry Of Power Officials To Fleece Govt Of N14bn - SR / Azuka Azinge Connived With Enelamah To Grant ‘illegal Waivers' To Polaris Bank / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Guyman02: 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2017
BabaO2:

HOD can adjust results?
Yes, HOD can grant a waiver for a carryover for a graduating student, and it stands if the departmental board and the Senate approves it. Are you guys here so ignorant or you never attended a higher institution?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by linearity: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
undecided sowore is an i.diot .... Doesn't he know that an HoD reserves the right to adjust the results at the instance of departmental cum faculty board recommendations or at the insistence of the university senate?!!!

He is half-baked... Shame on those who gave birth to him...
So desperate enough to malign even a dead man Professor Ogbona ... So much for not speaking evil about the dead.

An HOD or a Lecturer can only correct a grade, when an error in marking or grade computation is discovered after Senate approval.

An HOD or the Senate cannot magically turn a carryover into a pass grade.

Neither can an HOD or the Senate waive a required or elective course selectively for one individual.

What you have described only happen in glorified secondary schools.

If HODs and Senate have the powers you just ascribed, the reputation and integrity of that school will be in the toilet. You wouldn't even want to attend or send or employe anyone from such school and tertiary institutions knows this.

That is what honorary degrees are for i.e. for sales...these are on the shelves for the highest bidder, just point and name your price and if the University agrees, it is then yours. If your price is high enough, you can even get to make a speech during the graduation ceremony.

The real culprits of this ABU saga and responses like yours are ABU graduates who worked hard for their degrees. Unguided and myopic comments like yours have called their hard earned degrees into questions in that, 'it can be fixed by the HOD or Senate'(aka bought); which could be sadly true in this case in ABU, but to insinuate that this is the norm is incorrect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by APCPDP: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
The VC has spoken, you they here they lament . Ogbeni sowore ,your cup don nearly full. the chief blackmailer

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by deji68: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Well If U have better Info than the VC ...U can Share with US or Go to the nearest EFCC Office... cool
Kiakia:
But he just did, or did you believe that crap he told the Senators?
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by ehissi(m): 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
undecided sowore is an i.diot .... Doesn't he know that an HoD reserves the right to adjust the results at the instance of departmental cum faculty board recommendations or at the insistence of the university senate?!!!

So desperate enough to malign even a dead man Professor Ogbona ... So much for not speaking evil about the dead.

You don worry, by the time Court issue judgement against am in favour of dino to the tune of #5billion, he will be fully baked......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by komekn(m): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
deji68:
Hallucination ...why should a VC put his Job on the line for DIno ??

The same reason a bona-fide high Court Judge exonerated Ibori as having no criminal record.

And dismissed all the charges which he more or less pleaded guilty to in UK court. Simple ££££ €€€€ $$$$ what else.

4 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by ehissi(m): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
linearity:

An HOD can only correct a grade, when an error in marking or grade computation is discovered after Senate approval.

An HOD nor Senate cannot magically turn a carryover into a pass grade.

Neither can an HOD nor the Senate can waive a required or elective course selectively for one individual.

What you have described only happen in glorified secondary schools.

If HODs and Senate have the powers you just ascribed, the reputation and integrity of that school will be in the toilet. You wouldn't even want to go attend or send or employe anyone from such school.

That is what honorary degrees are for i.e. for sales.

The real culprits of this ABU saga and responses like yours are ABU graduates who worked hard for their degrees. Unguided and myopic comments like yours have called their hard earned degrees into questions in that, 'it can be fixed by the HOD or Senate'(aka bought); which could be sadly true in ABU.

There is such a thing as a departmental board, they can waive courses if a need arises.....

What we need is someone to come and say that the result is forged, let us know......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by abescom: 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
NextGovernor:
My friend please sue him if you have anything again him or have enough evidence. Stop disturbing our ears..... That's why the court is there.
Why hasn't Dino sued? Why should Sr sue what's their gain in that? It is Dino's character been stained, he should sue if he is not hiding anything.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
Those protesters for peanuts wash your uniforms mission in process.

These ones below had being gaged

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Kiakia(m): 5:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
thinkdip:
This sowore na ode, remember you cant travel anywhere again, no place to hide. So just be ready to pay 5b as soon as the senate is through with their check. You are in for a long thing.
Senate kwa! Remember that the court is not the Senate. In the case he instituted in court against SR, he must produce original copy of the University Degree in Geography he obtained from ABU, Zaria for him to have any chance of winning the case. Did the VC tender this document before the Senate? Did he even come with any document atall to disprove Sowore? Is 'available record' hard evidence? Relax. The case is just building up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by sekem: 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
I see so many wasted youths on this thread...

I have one question for all of them: What's the use of going to school at all if you can easily buy a certificate?

5 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by divinelove(m): 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
Specialspesh:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156562775767837&id=803267836

VC Says he graduated grin grin grin grin grin so its case closed

only the record ABU provides in this case is authentic and final, n they said based on available record DINO is ABU graduate

SR bunches of idiots

what some of you dnt kw is that the university senate chaired by the VC can give waiver to an overstaying student with carryover to graduate

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by TheRealestGuy(m): 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
ayoolanr:

How could he have graduated without meeting the required? Bastards like u piss me off

You don't know a student can have courses which he failed wavered for him based on certain exigencies?

Bro calm down eh, don't be too emotional about it...

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Kiakia(m): 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Amarabae:
in law court, this latest statement is crap, as long as a university clears you for nysc and you do a convocation, you are a graduate. end of story
Even when you graduated in 2000 and did NYSC in 1999?
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by yazach: 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
Dino is ahead of his Certificate... Graduated in 2000 and Served in 1999. This can only happen in ABU.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Kiakia(m): 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
profhezekiah:
probably U should quit been gullible or an hypocrite, face d truth
The dude is simply gullible.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Kiakia(m): 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
obongtunji:
All i will tell sowore is go get enough lawyers because you are on a long thing.
Crap!
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
What I know for sure Is that there is no smoke without fire. how come he went for youth Service In 1999 and graduated in 2000? Abegi this man lied he went to Harvard and LSE where is his credibility and some people are defending him here. Too much lies in the build up, one does not even knw what to believe.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Laden02(m): 5:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
Interesting!! So one can attend National Youth Service before graduating?
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by basadenet: 5:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
What is Sahara Reporter after?

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by wealthywiseman: 5:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
Anyone who takes the Nigerian Senate for real has got to be very stupid. We have a bunch of very corrupt and fraudulent set of criminals in that supposed upper chamber.

Its a shame the way they have ridiculed the Nigerian system with the performance of the ABU VC at the Senate. I have seized taken those Sinators seriously.

Worse still is the posts of a number of nairalanders on this thread. its either they are not properly schooled like their mentor "Dino" or they have been paid to post nonsensical and very silly views. I tend to believe the latter.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by princejenks(m): 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
Stormofsword:
I studied Geography at the University of Ibadan too. One can never graduate without passing the LongFieldTrip. Had ours somewhere in Oyostate.
It's a 6unit or so Course which include research projects, examination and the long field trip.
why are you in a hurry to draw conclusion on dino's case based on a one sided claim by sahara reporters? Any documents being leaked that cannot be authenticated by the exams and records officers of ABU is not reliable. Also a lot of us are forgetting that the cgpa and gpa system are quite different,in the latter,a lot of latitude is tolerated where students can rewrite courses they didn't do too well in and replace with the one they prefer,unlike the cgpa system where all courses are computed irrespective of the number of times they were rewritten

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by RALPHOW(m): 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
[quote author=EzeCanada post=55000967]
My thoughts exactly. How can an institution as credible as ABU decide to give up its reputation for one Malaye?[/quot

Honestly this is pathetic, I don't know where Nigeria is heading to , when criminal is now making law.
1 How did he gain admission with 3 credits and F9 in Geography, the HOD and Admin Officer must be crooksm
2. How did he graduate with this type if results. And VC is ready to tarnish the image of entire university because of Dino.
3. Thank God I did not graduate from ABU, I would have drag , HOD, VC and ABU SENATE to Court.
With this act I may never employ any graduate of ABU to my company.

6 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by deji68: 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
Well back to the main issue...the VC said Dino is a bonafide Graduate of ABU, any person with contrary evidence can join Dino and Sahara in court chikena !!!!! cool cool cool
komekn:

The same reason a bona-fide high Court Judge exonerated Ibori as having no criminal record.

And dismissed all the charges which he more or less pleaded guilty to in UK court. Simple ££££ €€€€ $$$$ what else.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by sephryneyo(m): 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
This Sowore dnt understand law pinrin pinrin

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by RALPHOW(m): 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
Honestly this is pathetic, I don't know where Nigeria is heading to , when criminal is now making law.
1 How did he gain admission with 3 credits and F9 in Geography, the HOD and Admin Officer must be crooks
2. How did he graduate with this type of results. And VC is ready to tarnish the image of entire university because of Dino.
3. Thank God I did not graduate from ABU, I would have drag , HOD, VC and ABU SENATE to Court.
With this act I will never employ any graduate of ABU to my company.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by classicsuave(m): 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
Amarabae:
in law court, this latest statement is crap, as long as a university clears you for nysc and you do a convocation, you are a graduate. end of story

University clears you in the year 2000.... meanwhile you've already served in 1999.....my sister is that one clearance

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Kiakia(m): 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2017
Astuteleader:
I know before dino rushed to court he was ready, otherwise it would have been normal media gra-gra 'i will sue you '! But the guy was confident, sowore u lost dis already... Just beg dino n settle out of court.
I hope you know that it is not him who rushes to court that wins all the time. Actually, Dino is a long thing. I will not be surprised if he abandons the case in the long run.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by divinelove(m): 5:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
tunderay:
Now, this is where the court case will be an interesting one. If its true that the VC perfected Dino' s records so as to vindicate him, it means we have a case in our hands especially if SR have enough evidences to pull through.

lol you must be a kid, any record/result not signed by the university VC and delivered by the Registrar is false. can you see there is no case again after VC publicly declared he graduated from ABU.

FYI the VC is the chairman of the highest decision making body of the university called university senate. He delayed on this issue bc he convened a senate meeeting n they took this decision b4 he came public
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
Sowore should shut up his trap. Field trip takes a few hours, I went on my own field trip because I just wanted to see the hinterland where the factory was located, and we ended up having a beer at the cafeteria of the company while the rest of the book worms just look at the Quality Control Department officials explain the things we already studied in school. Those who didnt have chance or didnt feel like coming simply filled the log books and submitted it.

His statement about Field Trip is nonsense. One day field trip which actually takes few hours in the place of assignment cant disqualify some one from graduating.

This Sowore needs a spare brain.

I do not care if Dino graduated, no properly graduated students have time for Aluta and all these Radicalism, which the shameless duo are known for.

APC has messed Nigeria up. The Democratic Structures that PDP set up after silencing the military has been eroded already, and I do not think if a Party like APC took power from the military that the country would have still existed till now.

From what we are seeing, a dead PDP is better than adult APC.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by femi4: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
EzeCanada:

My thoughts exactly. How can an institution as credible as ABU decide to give up its reputation for one Malaye?
What's credible about that shameless school.

How did he serve in 1999 when he graduated in 2000

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Dino Melaye Connived With His Former HOD To Get Discharged" by Mememan: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

You are the idîot

Shame on you

And

Shame on the dead hod too (if he did the alleged). To hell with him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Oshiomhole Called Omisore A Murderer On Saturday, Now Offered Him N450m — FFK / PEPT Judgment: Tinubu Believes He’ll Win At The Tribunal – Sam Amadi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.