Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,656 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt (86844 Views)

Facebook Page Of Guy Who Killed Jumia Delivery Man Stormed By Angry Nigerians / Wife Of Murdered JUMIA Delivery Man: "Our Children Still Expecting Their Daddy’ / JUMIA Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Centurion04: 1:01am On Mar 28, 2017
Only in rivers......21st century hell!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by akigbemaru: 1:07am On Mar 28, 2017
Jumia delivery driver met his untimely death in Portharcourt!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:17am On Mar 28, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
meaning

Thats life.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by gr8one: 2:02am On Mar 28, 2017
Why is Nigeria so backward, we can't still follow the trend of the development of the world,online transaction is now a great risk in my country.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 28, 2017
jumia shld jst mke thier payments totally online...
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by BetaThings: 3:24am On Mar 28, 2017
alignacademy:
Sad.

To prevent such homicide cases, can't e-commerce shops deliver only in public places, during the day?

Also, what statutory employer policies can be put in place to help families of employees in cases like these?

I wish issues like these were discussed more often by our senators, and not endless bickering over uniforms and certificates...

May the Lord comfort his family.

Police in America already offer their stations as delivery point for people who buy from Craigslist
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Kingbuhari(m): 4:08am On Mar 28, 2017
people can be genetically lazy upstairs.... what is iPhone and motorbikes... even drop £1m for me, I will never shed a blood ..... I'm just joking..... the police should bound them with shackles and dump them inside sango shrine as offering to the gods

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by vibeskartel101: 4:40am On Mar 28, 2017
christianity is shit those killers are christians thank god they are not muslims

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 28, 2017
sexybbstar:

Thats life.
come my house come teach me free French. I wanna be Nigeria's ambassador to France
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 28, 2017
vibeskartel101:
christianity is shit those killers are christians thank god they are not muslims
ode

4 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by reflx(m): 5:00am On Mar 28, 2017
anything above 100k should be for pay on delivery at the office or full payment before delivery...also delivery should be at known landmarks...not inside compounds, preferrably at the gate.
RIP to the man. SARS shoot that tatooed rogue in the leg already...

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Funjosh(m): 5:10am On Mar 28, 2017
decatalyst:
They probably ordered for goods they can't pay for undecided

Thieves and wicked souls plenty for this Nigeria sha cry

May we never meet our death when we go about looking for what to eat.

Amen. Just sad.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 28, 2017
I would very much like to hear their confessional statements, maybe that could help me fathom the evil that possess the hearts of people this days, just look at the way he was tied up, geez!

4 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by ipobarecriminals: 5:42am On Mar 28, 2017
undecided lipsrsealed embarassed cool sad cheesy smiley wink cheesy sad grin
MMMscam:

It's not a River's state thing, rather it's an Igbo tribe thing. Get rid of the Igbos in River's state or any townships or settlements and watch crime exponentially reduce to a minimum. Anywhere igbos congregate, crime skyrockets proportionally. Igbos are undoubtedly the most criminal tribe in Africa. Just look at them, base unconscionable ferocious animals in human skin!
u mean IPOBARECRIMINALS?

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by fromnigeria(m): 5:44am On Mar 28, 2017
majekdom2:
So sad that a young man is killed whilst trying to make ends meet. What will become of the generation to come? The mind of the average Nigerian youth is beyond de- formation. How can we salvage this ??
very easy, we just have to genuinely turn to God N worship truth and in spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Kelly2713(m): 5:48am On Mar 28, 2017
thank you officers. pls deal with them accordingly
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by vibeskartel101: 5:56am On Mar 28, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
ode
oloriburuku ni e
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by lettynelly: 6:17am On Mar 28, 2017
Nigerians can't we change? Must we keep killing in the name of luxury? I weeep for my country
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Yusuf4: 6:29am On Mar 28, 2017
Just take a look at how that big fool murderer looks, with tattoos. he must be a cultist and a bagger in precise. Even that useless breast-less girl. I wish they don't get killed but suffer in jail.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by BetaThings: 6:54am On Mar 28, 2017
gr8one:
Why is Nigeria so backward, we can still follow the trend of the development of the world,online transaction is now a great risk in my country.

It is in America too
Google crimes related to Craigslist
People are just more careful over there whereas in Nigeria we are less security conscious

People don't realise that the difference between safety/freedom and danger/captivity is just seconds or just turning a corner
At worst, you should not entre a house to make a delivery, do it where people can see you
But then they also see you receiving cash - so someone not related to the transaction may see them as robbery target
They should be carrying POS machines around

1 Like

Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by CDCEO001: 7:00am On Mar 28, 2017
Very sad! These people are very heartless.
Let jumia deliver the goods like one drop away in a public place from the original address, if is pay on delivery.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by BetaThings: 7:06am On Mar 28, 2017
mavinc4u:

I dislike that pay on delivery because of unserious buyers.

It can also have its usefulness, especially if you are not sure of the quality of the good
But the most important thing is for us to value human life

Even where payment has been made, what is to stop someone from arranging for the delivery man to be robbed of the goods before he gets to one's house knowing that he is on the way with the goods
He can also be kidnapped, before or after delivery

They should be delivering at police stations and not carry cash
And they should be relaying their positions and movements, even if by WhatsApp and with pics
They should move around in pairs
But they should not enter homes
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by patrickmuf(m): 7:12am On Mar 28, 2017
A friend of mine who works with Jumia said they don't sell motor bikes and you pay before delivery of iphones so this story doesn't add up...
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by peter0071(m): 7:20am On Mar 28, 2017
majekdom2:
Last week, a ward chairman was killed at Bori. Killing and murder in Ogoni is seen as Norm. Out of 10 youths in Rivers 2 are cultists. It's not about herdman, boko haram alone. We read in the news cult clash in Akwa ibom, how man poisoned people at his restaurant. All youths...What are the NGO's, religious institutions doing??
Will the NGos and Religious institutions force things on people... the institutions are there to advice...whether the people take the advice or not..is entirely their decisions to make.. please lets leave institutions out of this matter
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Kaybaba5(m): 7:21am On Mar 28, 2017
When will all this come to an end….
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by SURElee(f): 7:25am On Mar 28, 2017
Oh my God. This delivery man is somebody's son, brother, cousin, nephew, husband, lover and father. My God, am so pained. How callous can the human heart be? Why tie a human like this and in a septic tank? Gosh! Weak to my bones. Lord have mercy.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by peter0071(m): 7:25am On Mar 28, 2017
Please lets read well... these guys are only suspects... there is probability that the real culprits did this and ran away from the vicinity.... Nothing was said whether the Jumia's delivery man's products being in their possession
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 28, 2017
peter0071:
Will the NGos and Religious institutions force things on people... the institutions are there to advice...whether the people take the advice or not..is entirely their decisions to make.. please lets leave institutions out of this matter
are they giving the advice? What messages are they preaching? That's what you should ask yourself. Many preach prosperity and all the average youth wants to do is make money fast. For me, I don't know about you, only a few of this institutions are upto this task. If you le you think can salvage the situation?? Government??
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 28, 2017
TalkingBird:
that septic tank should be checked for possibility of more corpses
Absolutely...these guys are definitely not 1st timers, imagine the guts it takes to go all that length...that building looks like a public hostel yet they had no fear. cry
They should be in solitary confinement and treated like some wild dogs till their evil memories makes dem go mad n kill dem
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by goodvision12(m): 7:45am On Mar 28, 2017
stefanweeks:
Human Beings

Desperately wicked
But they are suppose to kill this people.Na this kind thing they spoil business.This delivery men should be equipped with security gadgets so as to defend themselves in terms of exposure to danger.
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by peter0071(m): 7:48am On Mar 28, 2017
majekdom2:
are they giving the advice? What messages are they preaching? That's what you should ask yourself. Many preach prosperity and all the average youth wants to do is make money fast. For me, I don't know about you, only a few of this institutions are upto this task. If you le you think can salvage the situation?? Government??
the best form of advice you can get is the one that you give yourself... if you do not hear the preachings of the NGO and other Religious institutions... then let me bust your bubbles... the y teach everywhere...even on this Nairaland platform...if you doubt it, go to the religious sector of this platform... People have refused the message...have made up their mind to remain on their paths...
Re: Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 28, 2017
alignacademy:
Sad.

To prevent such homicide cases, can't e-commerce shops deliver only in public places, during the day?

Also, what statutory employer policies can be put in place to help families of employees in cases like these?

I wish issues like these were discussed more often by our senators, and not endless bickering over uniforms and certificates...

May the Lord comfort his family.

They would soon stop pay on delivery... if the guys had paid for the goods, there would be no reason to kill him but they decided to scam jumia and also kill an innocent delivery man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hushpuppi, Gang Defrauded 1,926,400 People, Made N168bn – Dubai Police / Meet Vicki Podberesky, Hushpuppi's Lawyer In California / Kidnapper Evans' Wife, Uchenna Onwuamadike Cries & Begs Nigerians (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.