Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,604 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? (1713 Views)

What Is Prof. Osibanjo Telling Tinubu And Co? (funny Picture) / GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? / Where Is Prof Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by volasunkan: 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2009
It is with disappointment that I throw this question to n/ldrs.When I watched the amazon of NAFDAC,Prof. Dora Akunyuli (now minister of information)on AIT this morning,this question came to my mind.She was asked by senators how the NTA contract letter(crafted by NTA execs to steal a whopping #8.5b) got to the presidency,she said,"I didnt study it,as soon as i recieved it,i produced a cover letter for it and forwarded it to the presidency! shocked
This statement shocked the senators and Sen.Manzo asked her if the letter contained insults to the president,she would have covered it and taken it straight to the president!(Our Dora just sat there looking, ,infact i tink for a minister cum Prof of her calibre,its either plain stupid or she's part of the plan to steal #8.5 b)
The contract was for OB VANS and HD cameras for the FIFA under 17 world cup,and after part payment by FG,THESE ITEMS are yet to arrive in the country even almost 2months after the conclusion of the world cup!
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by OAM4J: 11:51pm On Dec 23, 2009
I will be highly disappointed if she is found guilty. Cos i believe she is a good material only in the wrong Government at the wrong time.

But her excuse is dumb and lame.  undecided
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by metalgong5(m): 11:55pm On Dec 23, 2009
@poster
prof Dora Akunyilli is non of the above . . . .Infact, you character assasinators should be ashamed of yourselves.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by oderemo(m): 11:58pm On Dec 23, 2009
prof Dora Akunyilli is non of the above . . . .Infact, you character assasinators should be ashamed of yourselves

yea righ. she is st. dora. sorry.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by DisGuy: 12:02am On Dec 24, 2009
You northerners are just pressing her buttons- Stop it! grin
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Dec 24, 2009
Where do we get this need to make these people VICTIMS when it is too clear that they new of what they were getting into right from the get go. The woman has yet to come out to state that she had no knowledge of what went down and we are already claiming she is just a victim in it all meaning someone else did it? Come on!!! It is possible that she felt the deal would be a great way of pushing her rebranding . . . that would mean she put her hands into it, only it probably turned out to be a bad decision on her part. That in no way makes her VICTIM.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by bibiking1(m): 12:07am On Dec 24, 2009
I watched that piece also, and felt disgusted with Dora!!!
I really detest her now!
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by proudly9ja(m): 12:08am On Dec 24, 2009
If Dora responded as represented above, Il expect her to resign.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by OAM4J: 12:22am On Dec 24, 2009
proudly9ja:

If Dora responded as represented above, Il expect her to resign.

Unfortunately Nigeria is not that civilized yet. Many Nigerian politicians do not know when to quit including Mr president.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by mamagee3(f): 12:44am On Dec 24, 2009
Dora Akunyili is becoming Demented. angry
I'll recommend her resignation, ASAP
. angry
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by ndcide(m): 1:21am On Dec 24, 2009
those who want to find fault in dora would always see something.we should let this woman be.she is one of the best brains presently in the FEC.
all these n/lanrds hating dora cant play the politics she is playing and still remain who she is. do you all know what it means to be an info/comm minister? you must play by the rules no matter how you are. its like that any were in the world.

if it was frank nweke jnr, would we be hearing all these. well, we have lots of hypocrites on nira land afterall. all those accusing her are worse than her.
i wonder how much positive impact those accusing dora have made in there immediate environment. those who knw what it is to wash a cloth stained with poo and try to make it clean will appreciate dora.

those who cant stand the pressure/aggression of a nigerian police man would open their smelly mouth.

well, those who are note on the field of play would always assume they could do better.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by ndcide(m): 1:25am On Dec 24, 2009
those who want to find fault in dora would always see something.we should let this woman be.she is one of the best brains presently in the FEC.
all these n/lanrds hating dora cant play the politics she is playing and still remain who she is. do you all know what it means to be an info/comm minister? you must play by the rules no matter how you are. its like that any were in the world.

if it was frank nweke jnr, would we be hearing all these. well, we have lots of hypocrites on nira land afterall. all those accusing her are worse than her.
i wonder how much positive impact those accusing dora have made in there immediate environment. those who knw what it is to wash a cloth stained with poo and try to make it clean will appreciate dora.

those who cant stand the pressure/aggression of a nigerian police man would open their smelly mouth.

well, those who are note on the field of play would always assume they could do better.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by Gekko(m): 1:37am On Dec 24, 2009
I watched this programme as well and Madam rebrand excuse was that she wasn't present when the contract was initiated, her role was merely forwarding the contract to the president from the parastatal. She basically admitted how culpably careless she handled this matter. This is what happens when you try to fit a round peg in square hole.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by OAM4J: 1:58am On Dec 24, 2009
Gekko:

I watched this programme as well and Madam rebrand excuse was that she wasn't present when the contract was initiated, her role was merely forwarding the contract to the president from the parastatal. She basically admitted how culpably careless she handled this matter. This is what happens when you try to fit a round peg in square hole.

I agree with the bold. She is in the wrong ministry.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by oderemo(m): 2:01am On Dec 24, 2009
She is in the wrong ministry

just watched the interview on ait. i think she is in the wrong country.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by kosovo(m): 2:18am On Dec 24, 2009
Ever since she became the minister of information and communication, my Regards for her ended.
But i have an idea cheesy
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by bibiking1(m): 2:52am On Dec 24, 2009
kosovo:

Ever since she became the minister of information and communication, my Regards for her ended.
But i have an idea cheesy

Okay pique my curiosity!
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by DisGuy: 3:01am On Dec 24, 2009
OAM4J:

ode remo:

just watched the interview on ait. i think she is in the wrong country.

No we should stop blaming it on others! She should take full responsibilities for her actions/inactions!

When Okonji Iweala was moved to the foreign ministry what did she do?
Instead of dragging her name and records in the mud she humbly resigned

Why is Dora scared of leaving the limelight?
why cant she look for a job somewhere else
If you lobby so hard for O.A.U and you are offered University of Maiduguri ,what will you do?
why does she think she's an all rounder? was she expecting a reshuffle after 3months?
If she'd put the effort used in lobby for this role into a UN vacancy she could have been out there
but no she is addicted to praise singing, NTA publicity and allowance - onijekuje
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by proudly9ja(m): 5:31am On Dec 24, 2009
OAM4J:

I dont even think this has anything to do with wrong or right ministry, It simply means that if this was health ministry and someone had brought a contract pre approved by her predesessor,she would do the same thing ie simply put a cover letter to it and give it to the president to sign!

Point is, she was careless and with her signature on the papers, she is culpable along with all those who drew out the contract and in a sane environment, if she is to avoid jail terms, she would humbly resign.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On Dec 24, 2009
Dis Guy:

No we should stop blaming it on others! She should take full responsibilities for her actions/inactions!

When Okonji Iweala was moved to the foreign ministry what did she do?
Instead of dragging her name and records in the mud she humbly resigned
Abi ooO!!!!

Dis Guy:

Why is Dora scared of leaving the limelight?

Great question!

Dis Guy:

why cant she look for a job somewhere else
Good question!

Dis Guy:
If you lobby so hard for O.A.U and you are offered University of Maiduguri ,what will you do?
why does she think she's an all rounder? was she expecting a reshuffle after 3months?
If she'd put the effort used in lobby for this role into a UN vacancy she could have been out there
but no she is addicted to praise singing, NTA publicity and allowance - onijekuje

Lol grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by OAM4J: 6:16am On Dec 24, 2009
proudly9ja:

I dont even think this has anything to do with wrong or right ministry, It simply means that if this was health ministry and someone had brought a contract pre approved by her predesessor,she would do the same thing ie simply put a cover letter to it and give it to the president to sign!

Point is, she was careless and with her signature on the papers, she is culpable along with all those who drew out the contract and in a sane environment, if she is to avoid jail terms, she would humbly resign.

Good point.

I made the assertion on the fact that she probably didn't understand the functions/values of the items in the contract papers. A case of the more you read the less you understand. hence she foolishly trusted the people around her to have done a good job.

But I agree with Dis Guy, she should have resigned like Okonjo did.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by texazzpete(m): 6:44am On Dec 24, 2009
This has nothing to do with being a 'square peg in a round hole'. this woman is simply either incompetent or dumb. When a woman informs the Senate that after spending hundreds of millions of naira on the Rebranding project, her biggest achievements were
1. Wrangling an apology from SOny over the PS3 advert and
2. Banning the District 9 movie

You get to wonder why people are still making excuses for the woman who has long since joined the rogues gallery of clowns in the leadership.

ndcide:

Unlike you, i expect better from my leaders. And when they do not deliver as promised, in a democratic setting we are meant to question them. I have great pity for you. You're suffering from self-inflicted mental slavery.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2009
ndcide:

Oh!! One of the best brains still helping Yaradua power to hold the country hostage from outside? I didn’t know that. Thanks for the new info!.

ndcide:

Play by what rules? The rules of the republic? Or the rules of the minority cabal? You are kidding me? Why is criticism considered Hate?

ndcide:

Positive impact? She has a JOB she is being paid to do. Positive Impact would be to follow the rules of the republic that hired her and do her job EFFECTIVELY. Is that too much to ask of her or anyone else hired by the Nigerian people?
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by proudly9ja(m): 1:43pm On Dec 24, 2009
OAM4J:

Good point.

I made the assertion on the fact that she probably didn't understand the functions/values of the items in the contract papers. A case of the more you read the less you understand. hence she foolishly trusted the people around her to have done a good job.

But I agree with Dis Guy, she should have resigned like Okonjo did.
To be honest and from the very little experience I have, the civil service is very corrupt. If you are a technocrat like I want to believe Dora is and you want to succeed, its either you go all out and declare your stand as true and just or you join the bandwagon. There is no way you can sit on the fence.
That's why when Okonjo stopped getting OBJ's support, she quickly resigned.

Dora should follow suit asap.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by Afam(m): 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2009
texazzpete:

This has nothing to do with being a 'square peg in a round hole'. this woman is simply either incompetent or dumb. When a woman informs the Senate that after spending hundreds of millions of naira on the Rebranding project, her biggest achievements were
1. Wrangling an apology from SOny over the PS3 advert and
2. Banning the District 9 movie

You get to wonder why people are still making excuses for the woman who has long since joined the rogues gallery of clowns in the leadership.

Did she really make the 2 statements above? If yes, then she should be dismissed as resignation will be a "thank you for a job well done card".
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by volasunkan: 12:08am On Dec 25, 2009
If she's sincere and upright as i would wANT to beleive,I think the least she can do to assuage nigerians is to render a public apology simply cos apart from the taxpayers money already wrongly appropriated(due to her failure to peruse and exhaustively debate the merit of the contract particularly when the money wasnt in the 2009 budget and AIT had gotten favorable overtures from FIFA to cover the world cup),the fact that these items failed to serve the purpose for which she publicly announced would be served and yet to even arrive in the country almost 2months after the event ended is a hugely embarrassing indictment on her!For Godsake,this mess could have been averted if she's patriotic in a deal between ur country and an international company!
I personally expect her to be sober!Infact resign,it would be one-less-arrogant incompetent elitist who made a fool of my country in the face of the world.Shiorrr. angry
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by Beaf: 12:48am On Dec 25, 2009
I watched the show and I was stunned. Can you imagine the silly replies Dora was making? Up till now, I'm still shaking in rage.

In a few short words her plea for innocence hinged on a plea of a combination foolishness and spinelessness.
According to her, it is not the ministers place to ask questions when the DG of NTA writes the president a letter, rather because civil servants can't deliver letters to the president, she simply puts it in her handbag and heads for Aso Rock. . . No questions asked.

To add insult to injury she reminded us that she wasn't there when the letter was drafted, nor was she part of any plan. . . Na wa!

. . .Yet we jail drug mules who claim someone gave them some luggage (which just happened to contain drugs) to travel with.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by samorijack(m): 2:57am On Dec 25, 2009
Dora is and has always beeen a theif and a fraud. Anyone who can't see that is a sorry case.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by Knight1(m): 6:10am On Dec 25, 2009
Yeeeeeeee! I missed o, what time did they show it and does anyone know if there'll be a repeat broadcast? Because i have to watch my own o!!!! grin

The Woman is not dumb, how can you in such a position and act stupidly like that when you have a retinue of advisers and other foot soldiers, She is just incompetent!!! And a rogue too!!!

Why ddnt any of the senators say something like ' are u sure u are competent enough for this job?
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by monkeyleg: 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ Samorijack, please substantiate your claims. You must have very good evidence to suggest that, please share.

In my opinion, without all the facts , I think this is an honest mistake, and not one that would automatically classify her as a fraud, cheat or thief.
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by safeact(m): 8:10pm On Feb 28, 2010
Hope dis thread was NOT dug up to discredit Dora?
Re: NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? by riversman: 8:14pm On Feb 28, 2010
i kno oh, dis was since december, better things are up for discussion,, geez, its not her fault but the NTA DG that is d thief here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Explosion In Aswo Rock! Situation Critical - Punche (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) / Baby kidnapping/trafficking mess in Chanchangi flight of 31.12.09True Life Story / The Key To The Victory Will Simply Be The Selection Of Ibb's Vp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.