Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? (891 Views)

Lizzy Johnson Suleman's Shopping Mall, Petrol Station Birthday Gift From Apostle / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dances With His Wife During Church Service. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 9:46am On Mar 30, 2017
Words like touch not my anointed, do not talk bad about a man of God etc have become a part of our lives. Pastors are quick to warn their members not to criticize them and their members are quick to warn anyone who criticizes a man of God. According all these pastors and their followers, a man of God is the same as the lord's anointed who must not be criticized, let alone, touched. Still according to these pastors and their followers, anyone who is not a pastor, a bishop, an apostle, etc, is not a man of God and is not one of the Lord's anointed and thus can be criticized and even touched.

But the Bible seems to disagree with this selfish style.

According to the Bible, pastors or teachers have equal standing as other members (Justin Johnson). There is nothing a pastor has that a member does not have. They are both members of the body of Christ. No one is greater than the other. No one is head over the other. None of them has the power to forgive sins or remain sinless. None of them is above mistakes. Both the pastor and members need spiritual support. Both of them can fail. Both of them are human beings. None of them can claim to have the gift for holiness (Justin Johnson).

Also, both of them have been anointed:

"But ye have an unction (anointing) from the Holy One, and ye know all things." --1 John 2:20

Mind you, the Bible never mentioned any anointing as more special. The unction used to be enjoyed by kings (e.g, Saul, David, etc.) and OT prophets but now, every Christian should enjoy it. But sadly, Christians want all the so-called pastors, bishops and apostles to enjoy it alone. As far as they are concerned, they are beneath these pastors.

So, in summary, a pastor, bishop or apostle does not have an anointing different from the one that the Holy One has given to all Christians. You all are the Lord's anointed. Stop living in bondage. You have allowed your pastors to create a priest class by claiming to be your mediators to God. No human being can be your mediator to a God that Christ has made accessible to everyone. Wake up, Christians!!!

Written by LordofNaira

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by HungerBAD: 9:47am On Mar 30, 2017
A well written article.

The do not talk about or criticize the annointed man of God,is a fraud perpetuated by the Nigerian Pastors,and sadly it has become accepted in Nigeria only.

Say something contrary about Pastor Adeboye to Redeem Members,and you will see the fear in their eyes,as if to have a contrary opinion about him,is a direct invitation to Hell Fire.

I keep wondering, if that Church members have an iota of brain in their heads.

Same thing with the followers of the "Jerry Curled" Wannabe White man called Chris Oyakhilome. Ever had a discussion with his followers?his Church members blame his EX wife for their marriage breakup,because he as the "Annointed" man of God can't do wrong.

Same thing with the followers of Oyedepo,who saw nothing wrong when he assaulted a poor female,in the guise of slapping the witch out of her,because he is an annointed man of God.

I am HungerBAD and I carry my own annointing.

Seun lalasticlacla Mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by ediama(m): 9:50am On Mar 30, 2017
I'm the Lord's anointed.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 9:50am On Mar 30, 2017
HungerBAD:
A well written article.
Thank you, my brother!!!

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LAFO: 10:02am On Mar 30, 2017
I am the Lord's anointed.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 10:09am On Mar 30, 2017
LAFO:
I am the Lord's anointed.

That is the spirit grin

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by johnydon22(m): 10:10am On Mar 30, 2017
" touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm" is a line that the Nigerian business men or pastors utilize so well that you cannot help but applaud their evil genius unless you blame the simplistic moronity of the masses.

this is a catchy line used to garner preferential treatment and reap exclusive excuse from their own short comings - this will only thrive once the people chose to remain following sheep to these con men in roman collars clasping a bible in hand.

we should hold everybody accountable for the actions their exhibit as a social system.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2017
HungerBAD:
A well written article.

The do not talk about or criticize the annointed man of God,is a fraud perpetuated by the Nigerian Pastors,and sadly it has become accepted in Nigeria only.

Say something contrary about Pastor Adeboye to Redeem Members,and you will see the fear in their eyes,as if to have a contrary opinion about him,is a direct invitation to Hell Fire.

I keep wondering, if that Church members have an iota of brain in their heads.

Same thing with the followers of the "Jerry Curled" Wannabe White man called Chris Oyakhilome. Ever had a discussion with his followers?his Church members blame his EX wife for their marriage breakup,because he as the "Annointed" man of God can't do wrong.

Same thing with the followers of Oyedepo,who saw nothing wrong when he assaulted a poor female,in the guise of slapping the witch out of her,because he is an annointed man of God.

I am HungerBAD and I carry my own annointing.

Seun lalasticlacla Mynd44

It is really sad!!! I remember the Biodun-Ese saga, my girlfriend stormed out of my house because I dared to say that it was possible that Biodun had something with the lady.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2017
ediama:
I'm the Lord's anointed.
That is the spirit grin
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by rusher14: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2017
The immunity clause - touch not my anointed.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 10:27am On Mar 30, 2017
rusher14:
The immunity clause - touch not my anointed.

Very true!!!

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by adorablepepple(f): 10:31am On Mar 30, 2017
Many will see this topic and run away, so they don't offend God. My Bible tells me "all authority in heaven and on earth belongs to Jesus" and I have that same authority as a child of God, so I don't know where it was written that only pastors should claim that authority. Many Christians haven't read their bible for a long time now ,they only listen to what comes from the pastor, whether he is misinterpreting it oooh Abi he is saying it well you don't know....
Am a Christian, I understand the word and I know am anointed myself..... This days title in the church is now politics..... all the time we call Jesus but before you call a so called man of God you have to affix all in the title of this earth to his name why?? Because they see themselves to be higher than God.....
All this boils down to the point that most men who say they are men of God were given that position by men and by principle of men, no longer called by God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 10:39am On Mar 30, 2017
adorablepepple:
undecided
Is that an objection?
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by menxer: 10:48am On Mar 30, 2017
You guys are wrong.

No Christian gets to God without passing through Jesus Christ through his Pastor.

So the new order is:
Sheeple - pastor - Jesus - God.
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by menxer: 10:54am On Mar 30, 2017
adorablepepple:
Many will see this topic and run away, so they don't offend God. My Bible tells me "all authority in heaven and on earth belongs to Jesus" and I have that same authority as a child of God, so I don't know where it was written that only pastors should claim that authority. Many Christians haven't read their bible for a long time now ,they only listen to what comes from the pastor, whether he is misinterpreting it oooh Abi he is saying it well you don't know....
Am a Christian, I understand the word and I know am anointed myself..... This days title in the church is now politics..... all the time we call Jesus but before you call a so called man of God you have to affix all in the title of this earth to his name why?? Because they see themselves to be higher than God.....

I was invited once to a church program, and the way the pastor was introduced will put the most vain glorious politician to shame.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by adorablepepple(f): 10:57am On Mar 30, 2017
menxer:

I was invited once to a church program, and the way the pastor was introduced will put the most vain glorious politician to shame.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 11:19am On Mar 30, 2017
adorablepepple:
All this boils down to the point that most men who say they are men of God were given that position by men and by principle of men, no longer called by God.

Perfect!!!
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 11:21am On Mar 30, 2017
menxer:

I was at a church program some years back. The visiting pastor entered and sat down throughout praise and worship. He just sat down there looking like a king. I wondered then if he felt he was too big to join the others in praise and worship.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2017
menxer:
You guys are wrong.

No Christian gets to God without passing through Jesus Christ through his Pastor.

So the new order is:
Sheeple - pastor - Jesus - God.

grin grin grin
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 11:28am On Mar 30, 2017
johnydon22:
" touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm" is a line that the Nigerian business men or pastors utilize so well that you cannot help but applaud their evil genius unless you blame the simplistic moronity of the masses.

this is a catchy line used to garner preferential treatment and reap exclusive excuse from their own short comings - this will only thrive once the people chose to remain following sheep to these con men in roman collars clasping a bible in hand.

we should hold everybody accountable for the actions their exhibit as a social system.

Perfect!!!
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by CHARLOE(m): 11:35am On Mar 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:
Words like touch not my anointed, do not talk bad about a man of God etc have become a part of our lives. Pastors are quick to warn their members not to criticize them and their members are quick to warn anyone who criticizes a man of God. According all these pastors and their followers, a man of God is the same as the lord's anointed who must not be criticized, let alone, touched. Still according to these pastors and their followers, anyone who is not a pastor, a bishop, an apostle, etc, is not a man of God and is not one of the Lord's anointed and thus can be criticized and even touched.

But the Bible seems to disagree with this selfish style.

According to the Bible, pastors or teachers have equal standing as other members (Justin Johnson). There is nothing a pastor has that a member does not have. They are both members of the body of Christ. No one is greater than the other. No one is head over the other. None of them has the power to forgive sins or remain sinless. None of them is above mistakes. Both the pastor and members need spiritual support. Both of them can fail. Both of them are human beings. None of them can claim to have the gift for holiness (Justin Johnson).

Also, both of them have been anointed:

"But ye have an unction (anointing) from the Holy One, and ye know all things." --1 John 2:20

Mind you, the Bible never mentioned any anointing as more special. The unction used to be enjoyed by kings (e.g, Saul, David, etc.) and OT prophets but now, every Christian should enjoy it. But sadly, Christians want all the so-called pastors, bishops and apostles to enjoy it alone. As far as they are concerned, they are beneath these pastors.

So, in summary, a pastor, bishop or apostle does not have an anointing different from the one that the Holy One has given to all Christians. You all are the Lord's anointed. Stop living in bondage. You have allowed your pastors to create a priest class by claiming to be your mediators to God. No human being can be your mediator to a God that Christ has made accessible to everyone. Wake up, Christians!!!

Written by LordofNaira

True talk. I remember those days of rev king, gullible xtians used to say same thing of him until he committed murder n d police arrested him.
Was surprised d gullible sheeple didn't tell d police to 'touch not my anointed.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Saga: Who Really Are The Lord's Anointed? by LordOfNaira: 11:47am On Mar 30, 2017
CHARLOE:

True talk. I remember those days of rev king, gullible xtians used to say same thing of him until he committed murder n d police arrested him.
Was surprised d gullible sheeple didn't tell d police to 'touch not my anointed.

Honestly, it is just so sad. Even King himself admitted to flogging church members when they erred. It's just so sad when you hear pastors always mentioning their so-called special anointing as a reason why nobody should criticize them.

(1) (Reply)

19 Year Old Girl Sentenced To Death By Muslims After Being Raped In Pakistan / Mermaid / Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.