Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers (25662 Views)

I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by LOSKYXANDER: 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by iduisaiah(m): 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
Choose the Sku job , it pays compares to that of India company.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by speezyWears: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
dxdiag:
Deep down ur heart, you already know what to do. I know you re only here for opinions.

Follow ur mind, you knw ur wants in life and strenght. Dont let anybody discourage you.

You said nothing brah undecided
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by assyn(m): 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
Go for the school job, you should look out for sensible experience. Teaching is a very unique experience. Working under Indians is a very messed up experience, trust me on that.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
If you want to finish NYSC in peace, better go with the school thing, because those Indian guys will not only frustrate u, should u misbehave then fit write to NYSC.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Marty2020: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
School is better oo, indians have nothing to offer you rather than to stress you well, but its also an environment for learning and you don't get to work during the weekends. SCHOOL DEARIE
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by tim1256(m): 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
School all the way
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by AbiolaFawole(m): 4:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
cry
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by martinsaba: 4:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:
Please my fellow Nairalanders, advice me accordingly.

I am a Batch A Corp member passing out soon. All these while I've been applying for jobs I saw here and on other platforms but my efforts have not yielded much fruits though I'm still hopeful.
However, I have two options I'm currently considering. One is that my PPA (a private secondary school) is willing to retain me for #22k per month with accommodation and secondly I have a job offer with an Indian company to work as a quality control officer for #25k/month.
Now my confusion is that though the Indian company is in my field but their working conditions are terrible. It entails that I work 7am-6pm, Monday -Saturday and live within the factory premises which means no visitors or free movement. But the school offers me time (I'll work 7:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, free weekend midterm break and holiday) and freedom in case I want to improve myself in other areas.
Now should I choose the Indian company for the sake of experience or the school for the sake of time and freedom it offers?
Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options.

BRO, I SUGGEST YOU GO FOR THE INDIAN JOB, EXPERIENCE IS WHAT MATTERS, YOU NOT SUPPOSE TO LOOK AT THE SHORT TERM GAINS, IN AS MUCH AS INDIANS ARE THE WORST PEOPLE TO WORK WITH, THE EXPERIENCE YOU GET FROM THEM TECHNICALLY IS FIRST HAND

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
I recommend the teaching job!
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Jackipapa: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
Go for the teaching job, it is good for ladies because you will soon get married.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by tosyne2much(m): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
Aremu01:
Guy go to sch
The working conditions of the company isn't worth it at all
The OP is a lady and not a guy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by himselfmaji(m): 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
[quote author=twosquare post=55127324]Go for the private school....abeg for the Indian company, grab your two ears and run....SAYNOTOSLAVERYJOB

Na essay you dey write?
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Cutie09(m): 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
generalbush:
Choose the school. Indians are good for nothing here in Nigeria and everywhere in the world!!

They are only good for Indian restaurant here other than that nothing else
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Horlawoomey(m): 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
Please go with the Indian coy for the sake of your career, the work condition won't kill you till you get a better job base on your experience.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Icon79(m): 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
I will definitely chose the school for obvious reasons.

First of all, money is NOT everything. Your quality of life matters, in fact, your quality of life even more important than money.
But secondly and most importantly, based on what I know about those people, with that company job, you'd probably work 24/7. And I have worked with them (and in their country) so I know what I am talking about.

O pari

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by olokpa11(m): 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
napoleon77:
The honest truth is that both jobs should be seen as short term jobs. I do not see you spending a long time in either job due to the salaries on offer.

You would obviously be looking for other opportunities irrespective of which of the 2 you chose.

I would advise you take the job in the Indian company just for the work experience so long as you have a plan to move on within the next few months. The money and working conditions could be terrible but the work experience would be invaluable.

At this stage of your career, work experience is more important. Some people even work for free just to gain relevant work experience.

If you take the job in the school you may enjoy the working conditions but the work experience may not be that valuable.

Irrespective of which offer you take, just don't plan to remain there in the long term.

Few months experience in Nigeria is same as no experience
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by encryptjay(m): 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
25k for all the stress?
You need time for yourself too and the school work will give you that. You can also decide to do home tutoring for some kids there.
Some foreign employers can be really tasking.
Experience is imperative but this is stress and you're a lady for that matter.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by NaijaFutbol: 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

I am a Batch A Corp member passing out soon. All these while I've been applying for jobs I saw here and on other platforms but my efforts have not yielded much fruits though I'm still hopeful.
However, I have two options I'm currently considering. One is that my PPA (a private secondary school) is willing to retain me for #22k per month with accommodation and secondly I have a job offer with an Indian company to work as a quality control officer for #25k/month.
Now my confusion is that though the Indian company is in my field but their working conditions are terrible. It entails that I work 7am-6pm, Monday -Saturday and live within the factory premises which means no visitors or free movement. But the school offers me time (I'll work 7:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, free weekend midterm break and holiday) and freedom in case I want to improve myself in other areas.
Now should I choose the Indian company for the sake of experience or the school for the sake of time and freedom it offers?
Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options.

Dont think too much.

The school is a far better option. With the time you have, you can network, improve your life and actually live a life.

If you must dedicate your entire life for a company, they either pay you very well, I mean enough for you to rent a duplex in the city you live OR they train you well, I mean enough to set up the same type of company in 3 years.
Indian companies do neither. They sap you till they drain you. RUN!
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by newmusic: 4:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Continue with your teaching pls
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by ipodstinks: 4:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
If you want experience in ur field, choose the Indian company, if you want time to yourself, choose the school.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by sinisters(m): 4:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Indian is a No, no job is worth emotional and psychological trauma. Your self esteem is at stake if you go there

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by ikombe: 4:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
If you dont choose the school i will personally come and flog you in your dream undecided

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
Indians are slave drivers, you haven't started working if you're working with them
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by gazilion: 4:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
Those Indians will use you and use your destiny! Infact, they can even use your blood and still pay you shit.

Please, teach in the school and have peace of mind and with your spare time to serve God and hustle.

Do not despise the days of little beginnings. I started as a teacher in a secondary school and today, I have travelled more than 13 countries.
A friend who worked with the Indians at that time is still with them now and after many years, nothing to really show for it...(I sincerely pray God to pick his calls and show him mercy)!!

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by abumeinben(m): 4:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

Bro!

If you like yourself...
What did I say?
If you like yourself very very jelously, STAY AWAY FROM INDIANS, EVEN THOUGH THEY OFFER YOUR 1m.

Stay with the school, you'll have time for other things like interviews, trainings and traveling.

Thank me later
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Jay542(m): 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
I'll go to the school and figure out my next step cos the pay is small.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by sekem: 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
Choose your PPA

I'll be giving you the extra 3K every month cool

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Emanade1(m): 4:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
The school is much better, tho the pay is small but you can make more by getting extra lesson jobs. Working with indians isn't a good idea
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
Both job offers are temporary jobs, I would go for the one better suited for my qualification, the Indian job. Look at it as if you're undergoing another training, endure the pains, go for ISO 9001 certification, always improve yourself. Though more comfortable, the school will offer you nothing in the long term.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by bopm: 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

Please teach and continue to apply until that dream job lands ur domot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today / Channels Television Massive Recruitment / Lagos Or Abuja, Which Is More Lucrative For Bolt Or Uber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.