Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers (25663 Views)

I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by rozayx5(m): 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
cry cry cry

what has this country turned into

graduates earning 22k cry cry

hmm just 60$ for a whole month of work, when that is a click to boys shocked shocked shocked cry
op if you got a laptop , contact me let me teach you some real shlt cool

we need a revolution, graduates deserve better

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by SAM1979: 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
Pray for divine direction. The indian job may be tough but might be a foundation to launch ur career in the manufacturing sector on a long run. If u dream of becoming a Production manager in FMCG, then launch ur career with the Indian firm and plan to move after a year or 2. Thanks
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
I read the comments with great interest.

There are people supporting either option and defending their points very well.

My opinion is this. Choose the school and use the free time to find a better job.

WHY? The Indians as per their reputation would extract every naira paid out of you and extra.
At the end of the day, it's very likely they might even try to cheat you by not giving you a reference when you want to quit.

Never seen anyone working for them who looks happy.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by delors(m): 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
Choose the school now. Don't waste your life in a miserable environment.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by adeoba2008(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
Stay with the school offer. It allow you to scout for other jobs. You can consider doing your Project Plus certification while waiting.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by hakeemgp: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:
Please my fellow Nairalanders, advice me accordingly.

I am a Batch A Corp member passing out soon. All these while I've been applying for jobs I saw here and on other platforms but my efforts have not yielded much fruits though I'm still hopeful.
However, I have two options I'm currently considering. One is that my PPA (a private secondary school) is willing to retain me for #22k per month with accommodation and secondly I have a job offer with an Indian company to work as a quality control officer for #25k/month.
Now my confusion is that though the Indian company is in my field but their working conditions are terrible. It entails that I work 7am-6pm, Monday -Saturday and live within the factory premises which means no visitors or free movement. But the school offers me time (I'll work 7:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, free weekend midterm break and holiday) and freedom in case I want to improve myself in other areas.
Now should I choose the Indian company for the sake of experience or the school for the sake of time and freedom it offers?
Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options.

Please choose the school...this doesn't mean you can't still move or get a better job in your chosen career. The school will afford you the chance of networking, attending interviews, personal development and some cash to help in your pursuit of happiness.

Register on www.talentsandmentors.com to meet and network with great mentors and professionals to guide you and make less professional/ career mistakes.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by ngita234(m): 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
Go for the school
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by zeezeegal(m): 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
gazilion:
Those Indians will use you and use your destiny! Infact, they can even use your blood and still pay you shit.

Please, teach in the school and have peace of mind and with your spare time to serve God and hustle.

Do not despise the days of little beginnings. I started as a teacher in a secondary school and today, I have travelled more than 13 countries.
A friend who worked with the Indians at that time is still with them now and after many years, nothing to really show for it...(I sincerely pray God to pick his calls and show him mercy)!!

13 Countries? Na Private Jet U Be O...
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2017
Go for the teaching job. It will afford you the time to look for better jobs. Don't enslave yourself with the Indians even if they pay you 40k.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Ademat7(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2017
rozayx5:
cry cry cry

what has this country turned into

graduates earning 22k cry cry

hmm just 60$ for a whole month of work, when that is a click to boys shocked shocked shocked cry
op if you got a laptop , contact me let me teach you some real shlt cool

we need a revolution, graduates deserve better
what solution can u provide?
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by toni4691: 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2017
If you are in Lagos and willing to do marketing in FMCG, contact me. I will give you a better offer.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by rozayx5(m): 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
Ademat7:

what solution can u provide?

i have told op to quote me cool
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
napoleon77:
The honest truth is that both jobs should be seen as short term jobs. I do not see you spending a long time in either job due to the salaries on offer.

You would obviously be looking for other opportunities irrespective of which of the 2 you chose.

I would advise you take the job in the Indian company just for the work experience so long as you have a plan to move on within the next few months. The money and working conditions could be terrible but the work experience would be invaluable.

At this stage of your career, work experience is more important. Some people even work for free just to gain relevant work experience.

If you take the job in the school you may enjoy the working conditions but the work experience may not be that valuable.

Irrespective of which offer you take, just don't plan to remain there in the long term.

If she takes the Indian company offer,she must resign b4 she search for another job.Because Indians don't accept excuse of any kind.The school will give her time and freedom to do other thing.Indians are the worst people to work with,the pay is not even worth all the troubles she will face later.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Dollypie20(f): 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
The school Job is better
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Gkemz: 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
No matter what, DON'T for any reason settle for an Indian company. These racists would treat you like a worthless commodity. Though the Indian job is in line with your career as you said, consider the stress, pressure and inferiority treatment associated with Indian jobs. And the fact remains that you can't have time to go for job test, not to talk of interviews since u may wish to apply for better offers. However the teaching job gives you the opportunity to do so.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by morkaz(m): 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
I would have advice the job in your line of studies because experience is key but Chinese/India!!!! Please jst forget the Chinese people. They are terrible to work with. I have like 3 frnds who has work with them and they swear for them till date avnt lsft them mre than 7yrs now.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by stainless239(f): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
SirJeffry:
Go for the school and have time to plan your life. Indian coy won't give you time to search for other jobs.

Thank u my brother
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by girl4rmspace(f): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

I am a Batch A Corp member passing out soon. All these while I've been applying for jobs I saw here and on other platforms but my efforts have not yielded much fruits though I'm still hopeful.
However, I have two options I'm currently considering. One is that my PPA (a private secondary school) is willing to retain me for #22k per month with accommodation and secondly I have a job offer with an Indian company to work as a quality control officer for #25k/month.
Now my confusion is that though the Indian company is in my field but their working conditions are terrible. It entails that I work 7am-6pm, Monday -Saturday and live within the factory premises which means no visitors or free movement. But the school offers me time (I'll work 7:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, free weekend midterm break and holiday) and freedom in case I want to improve myself in other areas.
Now should I choose the Indian company for the sake of experience or the school for the sake of time and freedom it offers?
Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options.

health is wealth and nothing beats freedom. The moment you lose your freedom, you might as well be called a slave

Freedom allows you to explore and search for better opportunities. Besides indians arnt known to be very nice to nigerian workers even in their own country.

So i say go with teaching for now and make best use of the freedom you have to search for greener pastures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
generalbush:
Choose the school. Indians are good for nothing here in Nigeria and everywhere in the world!!

Lol how apt a description grin

Greedy, good-for-nothing indians, stinking of garlic and committing economic crimes in their host countries worldwide
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Intelligentdude(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
Helo,trust you are doing great. I will implore you to go with the option relevant to your course of Study no matter how tasking it seemingly is.

As a Career Consultant I have come to discover that the first two jobs you get involved in as a Fresh graduate to an extent will determine your career path. If you take the teaching job,and work there for say 9months,it will become difficult to switch back to your course of study especially if you didn't do any professional course relevant to your degree.

Yes it is true that Indians are wicked,mean,devilish,saddist.

Yes it is true that Indians are difficult peeps to work with but my dear, inasmuch as we are focusing on this two options,the India coy seems to be the best bet.

Why not work there for say a Year, get the relevant experience and exquisite skills then you apply to a different coy.

In Summary, you can't work in an Indian Coy and leave the same way(you must learn and acquire some skills).Cheers
hizzylife:

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by generalbush(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
ziddy:

Lol how apt a description grin

Greedy, good-for-nothing indians, stinking of garlic and committing economic crimes in their host countries worldwide

Those bastards sacked me 6 months with them!!

Despite I broke all existing records in their sales department!!

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by generalbush(m): 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
Intelligentdude:
Helo,trust you are doing great. I will implore you to go with the option relevant to your course of Study no matter how tasking it seemingly is.

As a Career Consultant I have come to discover that the first two jobs you get involved in as a Fresh graduate to an extent will determine your career path. If you take the teaching job,and work there for say 9months,it will become difficult to switch baxk to your course of study especially if you didn't do any professional course relevant to your degree.

Yes it is true that Indians are this,that etc

Yes it is true that Indians are difficult peeps to work with but my dear, inasmuch as we are focusing on this two options,the India coy seems to be the best bet.

Why not work there for say a Year, get the relevant experience and exquisite skills then you apply to a different coy.

In Summary, you can't work in an Indian Coy and leave the same way(you must learn and acquire some skills).Cheers

That is if they don't sack her before then!!

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Intelligentdude(m): 4:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
generalbush:

That is if they don't sack her before then!!
Lol,you are right. If she can get another offer in her course of study path that ain't from an Indian firm,it will have been easy to make the choice.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Timhortons: 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

OP i am really really sorry for your predicament.Though I dont have any solution to your problem but my advise for you is to look for a means to save money to start a biz or try to apply for scholarship abroad.
The both salaries you mentioned above is what a cleaner with just high school qualification in canada will make in 5-6hrs of working in a day and that is what you earn in a month .You are a lady and you need money for toiletries,cosmetics,cream,hair,clothes and feeding.How on Jesus name will somebody survive with 25k for a month.
God will punish nigerian government really good and punish those useless indians for making someone work 7am-6pm including saturdays and last thunder will fire those people against young graduates migrating for a better life.
God will really make a way,wish you all the best

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by generalbush(m): 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
Intelligentdude:
Lol,you are right. If she can get another offer in her course of study path that ain't from an Indian firm,it will have been easy to make the choice.

I hate those bastards!!
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by kruzyempire(m): 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
go for the school dear .....
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by tman2sure(m): 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hello, the best advice will be to go for the Indian job. In todays' Nigerian, you need job experience so much in your choosing career. In life, things that you will enjoy later in life, you might be giving the service at first for free. All the best.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:
Please my fellow

Did you get the PM and HSE from the CAMP?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by aamstih: 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
Take the bolded as the gospel!

It is not going to be easy in any way, mark my words but the cognate experience is what would count 3 years down your career path.If you decide to go for the teaching job, depending on your kind person you might easily get bored and would have the feeling of being under used as regards your potentials.

Also turn the stringent working conditions in the indian company as a positive energy for you to look out for other options.... All the best

[/b]
napoleon77:
The honest truth is that both jobs should be seen as short term jobs. I do not see you spending a long time in either job due to the salaries on offer.

You would obviously be looking for other opportunities irrespective of which of the 2 you chose.

I would advise you take the job in the Indian company just for the work experience so long as you have a plan to move on within the next few months. The money and working conditions could be terrible but the work experience would be invaluable.

At this stage of your career, work experience is more important. Some people even work for free just to gain relevant work experience.

If you take the job in the school you may enjoy the working conditions but the work experience may not be that valuable.

Irrespective of which offer you take, just don't plan to remain there in the long term.[b]

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by aamstih: 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
That is a strategic point too.

Gkemz:
No matter what, DON'T for any reason settle for an Indian company. These racists would treat you like a worthless commodity. Though the Indian job is in line with your career as you said, consider the stress, pressure and inferiority treatment associated with Indian jobs. [/b]And the fact remains that you can't have time to go for job test, not to talk of interviews since u may wish to apply for better offers[b]. However the teaching job gives you the opportunity to do so.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
What is our government doing about these Indian companies how can you ask someone to work for 66 hours every week and pay such person 25k/ month?
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by ojotobiloba1: 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
OP, Just opt for the teaching job... Working on Saturday is no no for me in dat case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today / Channels Television Massive Recruitment / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.