Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers (25665 Views)

I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by gazilion: 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2017
zeezeegal:
13 Countries? Na Private Jet U Be O...

My sister, I give all the Glory to God!! Na work carry me round oo...
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by nnaemmy(m): 5:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
Run away from Indians and their jobs, especially if you're a lady. even as a guy... flee !!!
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by cuedish: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:
Please my fellow Nairalanders, advice me accordingly.

I am a Batch A Corp member passing out soon. All these while I've been applying for jobs I saw here and on other platforms but my efforts have not yielded much fruits though I'm still hopeful.
However, I have two options I'm currently considering. One is that my PPA (a private secondary school) is willing to retain me for #22k per month with accommodation and secondly I have a job offer with an Indian company to work as a quality control officer for #25k/month.
Now my confusion is that though the Indian company is in my field but their working conditions are terrible. It entails that I work 7am-6pm, Monday -Saturday and live within the factory premises which means no visitors or free movement. But the school offers me time (I'll work 7:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, free weekend midterm break and holiday) and freedom in case I want to improve myself in other areas.
Now should I choose the Indian company for the sake of experience or the school for the sake of time and freedom it offers?
Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options.

If you work for indians in Nigeria......6months is enough for you to die.
Those bastards are animals, they use Nigerians like tools.

Chose the school ..you will have peace with that small cash...till you get a better offer.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by endy231: 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
There is nothing to be confused about. The two options differs greatly. I would recommend that you take the teaching job, then look out for a problem that would enable you get value as you proffer solution around you PPA area. That should serve as your second stream of income. (it could be a chain of private lessons, personal business etc). You can also consider enrolling for a certificate programme or degree to sharpen your skills.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by munphildusky: 5:34pm On Mar 31, 2017
Working in a private school is not an easy thing. If I were you, I would sharply go for the Indian job just because of the experience. If you are in Enugu, you can link me for the Indian job if you are not interested. I need it just for experience. So, apply wisdom and follow your heart. Thanks.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by yinkbell: 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

I am a Batch A Corp member passing out soon. All these while I've been applying for jobs I saw here and on other platforms but my efforts have not yielded much fruits though I'm still hopeful.
However, I have two options I'm currently considering. One is that my PPA (a private secondary school) is willing to retain me for #22k per month with accommodation and secondly I have a job offer with an Indian company to work as a quality control officer for #25k/month.
Now my confusion is that though the Indian company is in my field but their working conditions are terrible. It entails that I work 7am-6pm, Monday -Saturday and live within the factory premises which means no visitors or free movement. But the school offers me time (I'll work 7:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, free weekend midterm break and holiday) and freedom in case I want to improve myself in other areas.
Now should I choose the Indian company for the sake of experience or the school for the sake of time and freedom it offers?
Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options.

Picking up teaching job ain't and picking up the other job to acquire experience aint bad too. If u are. a christian, let Holy spirit lead you. As for my opinion, teaching job gives you room to explore other opportunites because of excessive free time u will be having. Opportunities abound a lot in teaching field; u can acquire alot of skills while teaching and u have time to discover urself. If u are a creative type, u'll discover ur true self in teaching field, do not look at the meagre token u are collecting. Like myself am in. a teaching field, I have that great time in developing myself. Some d skills I acquired are: graphics design, and screen printing. Still thinking of publishing science books and other ideas still abound in my heart. Most importantly, let God choose for u.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by BUHARImyDOG: 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
NA WEEKLY PAY ABI?
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2017

Choose Indian naa till u turn to hemp.
Oga better choose school o.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by BabaCoat: 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
please, don't think of taking the job from the Indian company. They are terrible employer of labour treating their employees like nothing. I had relationship with them while working as a marketer in a bank.

With that said, I think the school is better.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by joseo: 5:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
I am also a food Science and Technology graduate please go for the company instead of the school so as to gain experience which would be needed in advancing your career prospects in a better food company in a matter of time.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by gbagyiza: 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
Go for the school job because u will have more time to engage in other profitable ventures that will add value to you in d future..you wont stay long with d Indians because they Dont value their employees here in nigeria, they only value their job..they won't give u space for anything.An Indian man saw my profile in li
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by ademoladeji(m): 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
generalbush:
Choose the school. Indians are good for nothing here in Nigeria and everywhere in the world!!

That's if she's not a career driven individual.

What I've learnt is that most bad working conditions groom an individual to become a better person.

Personally, I'd prefer she work with the India company for some period of time to gain some industrial experience which might be very helpful in the future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by iRepNaija1: 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

Who knows if you're going to get to read this but I think, wholeheartedly, you should go with the school. Aside from the poor working conditions of the Indian company (how can they expect you to work for eleven hours everyday?) and them trying to dictate your movements, you have free room and board with the school. That means you can save money toward something. Whether it be pursuing your master's, saving toward a car, or saving toward your own place.

This situation speaks to a bigger issue Nigeria has: lack of employee benefits. A foreign (or domestic) company should not be able to come into Nigeria and dictate the working conditions of the Nigerian citizens. Yet the government lets this nonsense happen. Four to six weeks mandatory, annual leave, maternity and paternity leave for new parents, no overtime work without overtime pay, employer and employee savings scheme for retirement, anonymous reporting for abusive employers. These are just some of the things I wish I could do with Nigeria. Let me go before I get upset. cry

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by generalbush(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
ademoladeji:

That's if she's not a career driven individual.

What I've learnt is that most bad working conditions groom an individual to become a better person.

Personally, I'd prefer she work with the India company for some period of time to gain some industrial experience which might be very helpful in the future

Bro.. You won't have time to apply for Jobs, Interviews... So how will you get the next job?

Think of it. I spent abt 6 months with those bastards, I didn't have chance to attend a single interview, till I was forced to resign!!

Stupid bastard Indians!!

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by kayceeD2(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

Don't choose any
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Chilug(m): 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
Only lazy people complain about working condition. For me choose a career path. Teaching won't take u any where. And u won't tell an employer tomorrow that u have a teaching experience. Choose wisely
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by nosa73(m): 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
Aremu01:
Guy go to sch
The working conditions of the company isn't worth it at all
my friend go to school and educate d student
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by peacebirdone: 6:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teach them kids food and nutrition. You gain both experience and some spare time to apply/attend interviews.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by dingbang(m): 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
22k in one month Lore have mercy

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by ademoladeji(m): 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
generalbush:

Bro.. You won't have time to apply for Jobs, Interviews... So how will you get the next job?

Think of it. I spent abt 6 months with those bastards, I didn't have chance to attend a single interview, till I was forced to resign!!

Stupid bastard Indians!!

You'll definitely create time outta no time
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by zeezeegal(m): 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
gazilion:

My sister, I give all the Glory to God!! Na work carry me round oo...
D God Wey Do All Dese One For U Go Do Mine Ijn... #icelebratewithu#

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by iRepNaija1: 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

Who knows if you're going to get to read this but I think, wholeheartedly, you should go with the school. Aside from the poor working conditions of the Indian company (how can they expect you to work for eleven hours everyday?) and them trying to dictate your movements, you have free room and board with the school. That means you can save money toward something. Whether it be pursuing your master's, saving toward a car, or saving toward your own place.

This situation speaks to a bigger issue Nigeria has: lack of employee benefits. A foreign (or domestic) company should not be able to come into Nigeria and dictate the working conditions of the Nigerian citizens. Yet the government lets this nonsense happen. Four to six weeks mandatory, annual leave, maternity and paternity leave for new parents, no overtime work without overtime pay, employer and employee savings scheme for retirement, anonymous reporting for abusive employers. These are just some of the things I wish I could do with Nigeria. Let me go before I get upset. cry
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by piagetskinner(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
even though the two places pay peanuts.... the school is still a better option
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by lele007: 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2017
where do you see urself in 10 years? working in a multinational fmcg company, or teaching? now imagine urself before a Coca-Cola interview board. which sounds better, "I've been teaching nutrition to students and also hygene," or "I've spent the last 7 years managing complex consumable products productions lines, dealing with production crises & solving problems for a fmcg company."

where do you see urself in 10 years?

if only I'd had someone to give me the advise I'm now giving you...

they say Indians are tough. so is climbing to the top. man up.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by InvestinOwerri(m): 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
After attending school from nursery to university and graduate only to do a job of 25,000 is the worst form of ponzi scheme! What is the essence if after all the time, money, stress, risk, challenges etc one ends up unemployed or underemployed with 25k as monthly? Op even has professional qualifications added to it. The Yankees has the American dream they look forward to while we have the Nigerian nightmare here. Seeing NYSC members these days evokes pity in me. With all the hopelessness in the Godforsaken & bastardized country. Nigeria is a sham, only the politicians are usurping everything while the rest scavenge to eke a living. What even makes it the more annoying is the fact many graduates today, even in high cost of living cities like Lagos, P.H, Abuja, Owerri etc are earning such peanut salaries even under slavish working conditions! My sympathy goes to the young men especially. How can guys ever marry, biuld house, buy car & live life with such salary? God punish all those that put us in this mess

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by JayJayGee: 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
Jeez that salary small
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by lessie(m): 7:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
If you want to build your career as a teacher,then go for the teaching job but if not go for the Indian job. The experience will surely help you in future.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Freethought(m): 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

Honestly, I wuld hav advice yu to go fr d indian job cos of the experience bt my dear, yu myt not be allowed to go fr job interviews even if you seek permission. Indians in nigeria are no joke.

The school job on d oda hand gives yu abt 3-4 hrs a day to your sf and of course the whole of weekend, so my dear choose wisely.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by pat1612(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
Let me put it this way you are looking for carrier in your field which indian company is giving it,school job will give you temporary job which you know is not your field of interest unless you wanna be teacher.
I would suggest you go for indian company and mind it you arrnot only nigerian working their they will have others working which you can relate to so just because company is own by indian doesnt mean your boss will be indian it can be a nigerian too and you could learn from them.
And all people blaming indians to be bad how many of them have worked with them

Choice is your advice is mine and everybody else no need to get offended angry
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Ebukaokeke5: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
babe go for your money and comfort jaree! experience ko experience ni.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by ztanleechima(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
You went for an interview and the interviewer called you by your Facebook name "Dhat Bloody Rudeboy Dicky" . My brother, don't bother to wait. Just pack your CV and leave

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Hansome001(m): 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
I'll advise you to take the teaching job. Let's analyse it this way, you said the school offers you 22k per month with accommodation and you're expected to work 7:30am-3pm mon-Fri and free weekend, mid-term and holidays while the India company offers you 25k per month to live within the factory premises and you're expected to work 7am-6pm. Now, you know either of them you're not gonna work there forever. While working in any of them you're expected to submit CVs and apply for other jobs that are higher and more lucrative than this and you know it requires time. So tell me when you're working in the India company when are you gonna have time for all these? From your word you said the school offers you time. I've worked in an India company before and i know what I suffered while I was there. That even when somebody is sick he'll still come to work and cannot take an excuse. Initially I was told my working days will be Monday-Friday but later on they added Saturday and Sunday and there was no time for me. I was forced to resign. So my dear I'll advise you to go for the teaching job and forget about whether the experience is related to your field or not, we all know these days that getting a job is not by what you read in school. So take my advice and thank me later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today / Channels Television Massive Recruitment / Lagos Or Abuja, Which Is More Lucrative For Bolt Or Uber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.