Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers (25661 Views)

I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Dehley(m): 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
Infact, I started my career in an Indian company immediately after my NYSC. I worked there for 1.5 years before moving elsewhere. Presently, I work for one of the biggest FMCG company that comes after Nigerian breweries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Fayoyintaofeek0(m): 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
pls i beg u: Go school o. indians fit use u die o
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by paulpery: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
I choose the teaching job for you. It less stressful and manageable. Half bread is better than non. Shine your eyes angry
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by corpershun: 9:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
rozayx5:
cry cry cry

what has this country turned into

graduates earning 22k cry cry

hmm just 60$ for a whole month of work, when that is a click to boys shocked shocked shocked cry
op if you got a laptop , contact me let me teach you some real shlt cool

we need a revolution, graduates deserve better
please I'm interested, just sent you a PM.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by hizzylife(f): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:
Please my fellow Nairalanders, advice me accordingly.

I am a Batch A Corp member passing out soon. All these while I've been applying for jobs I saw here and on other platforms but my efforts have not yielded much fruits though I'm still hopeful.
However, I have two options I'm currently considering. One is that my PPA (a private secondary school) is willing to retain me for #22k per month with accommodation and secondly I have a job offer with an Indian company to work as a quality control officer for #25k/month.
Now my confusion is that though the Indian company is in my field but their working conditions are terrible. It entails that I work 7am-6pm, Monday -Saturday and live within the factory premises which means no visitors or free movement. But the school offers me time (I'll work 7:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, free weekend midterm break and holiday) and freedom in case I want to improve myself in other areas.
Now should I choose the Indian company for the sake of experience or the school for the sake of time and freedom it offers?
Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options.
Sincerely I thank everyone that has taken out time and data to advise me on this issue. In fact I'm overwhelmed by the attention this post has garnered and the show of genuine concern I have gotten since I updated the post. I also thank the mods for pushing this topic to the front page.
Honestly this issue of poor working conditions for less than nothing of a salary is very demoralizing. Both job offers are not satisfactory to me if I must confess but I'm being forced to consider one for fear of being idle pending when I get a better offer.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by iyke649(m): 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
rozayx5:

i have told op to quote me cool
Can I quote u bro?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by hizzylife(f): 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
unclezuma:

Did you get the PM and HSE from the CAMP?

Lol no. I ran through PM program for 3 months and the HSE for 5weeks. Actually I've been serving for 11months now. I believe that's more than enough time to get these certifications.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
hizzylife:

Lol no. I ran through PM program for 3 months and the HSE for 5weeks. Actually I've been serving for 11months now. I believe that's more than enough time to get these certifications.

Mind if I ask the level of the trainings viz acceptability in the labour market?
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by rozayx5(m): 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2017
iyke649:
Can I quote u bro?

ok
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by CellTabRepairs: 10:34pm On Mar 31, 2017
Choose the teaching job but don't relax. Make sure you invest that free time on building up your skills in various ways while also seeking out other opportunities to better your life. It should be a time if training for your future goals.

Click My Name & View That Resource You Might Need and Earn Huge Cash Returns Very Quickly!
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 01, 2017
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 01, 2017
Indians are useless and here in Africa they practice cheap labour (modern slavery) but, as a scientist you sure as hell need the working experience (as quality control manager) when applying for other good jobs. My advice will be for you to manage the stupid Indians (that wants to pay a graduate 25k) till a befitting job comes along. Just see it as an internship, except you want to teach for life.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by LorDBolton(m): 6:30am On Apr 01, 2017
hizzylife:

I am a Batch A Corp member passing out soon. All these while I've been applying for jobs I saw here and on other platforms but my efforts have not yielded much fruits though I'm still hopeful.
However, I have two options I'm currently considering. One is that my PPA (a private secondary school) is willing to retain me for #22k per month with accommodation and secondly I have a job offer with an Indian company to work as a quality control officer for #25k/month.
Now my confusion is that though the Indian company is in my field but their working conditions are terrible. It entails that I work 7am-6pm, Monday -Saturday and live within the factory premises which means no visitors or free movement. But the school offers me time (I'll work 7:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri, free weekend midterm break and holiday) and freedom in case I want to improve myself in other areas.
Now should I choose the Indian company for the sake of experience or the school for the sake of time and freedom it offers?
Finally I studied food science and technology with additional qualifications in Project Management and HSE. I'm open for other job options.

Never choose what's easy ...
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by SpaceAngel: 7:06am On Apr 01, 2017
Go for the teaching job. Experience is nice in your field of work but not as a slave. When will you look for another job if you work 7 days a week from morning to evening? In an indian company your sack is as simple as missing to be in the office for 30minutes and they may not evwn give you reference letter incase you leave the place. I assume you are below 26 , which means that most jobs for you will be management trainee level which doesn't require experience. Make sure u don't stay long in the schoo. Do professional exams and use while looking for jobs.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by francesawesome(f): 7:16am On Apr 01, 2017
Go for the teaching job jare. If u go for the other one u won't even have time for yourself let alone the time to apply for other jobs
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 01, 2017
hizzylife:

pls take that Qc job ,though d salary is small but I bet you within 1 year you will get a better place that will pay u *2 or more.ensure u gather all d experience. forget d school and time luxury. u will not regret u did.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by vickychuk(m): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2017
See beyond the racism issues of Indians. You will get the work experience required by most employers and that is the greatest plus.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by exotiqueify(f): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
napoleon77:
The honest truth is that both jobs should be seen as short term jobs. I do not see you spending a long time in either job due to the salaries on offer.

You would obviously be looking for other opportunities irrespective of which of the 2 you chose.

I would advise you take the job in the Indian company just for the work experience so long as you have a plan to move on within the next few months. The money and working conditions could be terrible but the work experience would be invaluable.

At this stage of your career, work experience is more important. Some people even work for free just to gain relevant work experience.

If you take the job in the school you may enjoy the working conditions but the work experience may not be that valuable.

Irrespective of which offer you take, just don't plan to remain there in the long term.

Love your grammar, semantics and above all reasoning ability...Kudos

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by napoleon77(m): 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
exotiqueify:

Love your grammar, semantics and above all reasoning ability...Kudos

Thank you !
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Galantsantana(m): 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2017
Will advise u go for option B If only u re someone like myself who will not give a bleep to teaching that offers a good pay but for a industrial experience and exposure. Money can't buy experience and exposure is very important in life.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by EmmyDe25(m): 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
hizzylife:

Go for the school job. Still baffled some people are recommending the Indian company for you though. How exactly do you intend to create time for other potential jobs(Interviews, tests etc) when you work your socks off Monday through Saturday?? Go for the job that gives you ample time to prepare for the big job ahead. To think the Indian Job offers a meagre 25k is enough to put you off when you consider the work load and the conditions attached. Do NOT go and enslave yourself or block opportunities for a better job that is surely on the way. -Emma
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by EmmyDe25(m): 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
SpaceAngel:
Go for the teaching job. Experience is nice in your field of work but not as a slave. When will you look for another job if you work 7 days a week from morning to evening? In an indian company your sack is as simple as missing to be in the office for 30minutes and they may not evwn give you reference letter incase you leave the place. I assume you are below 26 , which means that most jobs for you will be management trainee level which doesn't require experience. Make sure u don't stay long in the schoo. Do professional exams and use while looking for jobs.
This is quite sensible. Still baffled some peeps on here are recommending the Indian company job. OP must have forgotten whatever job S/he will likely get in the future will not require much experience(Graduate training). Therefore, emphasis needs to be placed on the importance of settling for a job that gives him time to run around be it for tests or interviews.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by emmbet: 4:41pm On May 19, 2017
hizzylife:

Sincerely I thank everyone that has taken out time and data to advise me on this issue. In fact I'm overwhelmed by the attention this post has garnered and the show of genuine concern I have gotten since I updated the post. I also thank the mods for pushing this topic to the front page.
Honestly this issue of poor working conditions for less than nothing of a salary is very demoralizing. Both job offers are not satisfactory to me if I must confess but I'm being forced to consider one for fear of being idle pending when I get a better offer.

Have u made a choice or got another job yet?
I might something related to your line of study.
PM me if still searching for a job.
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by hizzylife(f): 4:54pm On May 19, 2017
emmbet:

Have u made a choice or got another job yet?
I might something related to your line of study.
PM me if still searching for a job.

I'm with the school now. But I'm still searching for something in my line of study. I have PMed you
Re: Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers by Fohlah(f): 9:28pm On May 19, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today / Channels Television Massive Recruitment / Lagos Or Abuja, Which Is More Lucrative For Bolt Or Uber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.