Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos (11047 Views)

162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week / NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES / New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald (2) (3) (4)

Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 1:09am On Dec 27, 2009
mekusxx, so na lagos u dey?

I doubt that Yoruba tribalism will let them employ an Igbo in their company ( for e.g. Odua holdings) when they have millions of graduate almajiris to cater to. Who dash monkey banana?

Globacom? African petroleum? The majority of real banks and not the fake first generation ones run by cecilia ibru and co, who owns them? who do you meet here but a confluence of ethnicity.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 1:13am On Dec 27, 2009
its the holidays, will all you people give this crap a rest?

anyway i dont see what is so special about this topic that it made front page.
why does anything igbo related make front page knowing the usual jargons will come in? i really dont get it.
what is so important about this? lol
na wa oooo
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 1:14am On Dec 27, 2009
It is the holiday- but if you sleep, then your enemies will attack your backside. America learned that yesterday grin. Enemy no dey take holiday and as long as mekusxx is at work, i would be around, watching
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by mekusxxx: 1:23am On Dec 27, 2009
SEFAGO:

mekusxx, so na lagos u dey?
Globacom? African petroleum? The majority of real banks and not the fake first generation ones run by cecilia ibru and co, who owns them? who do you meet here but a confluence of ethnicity.

Lagos ke? I am in Obodo Oyibo enjoying my life.
Note that I said ''how many''? I have not completely dismissed the possibility. However, Globalcom has offices/facilities in Igboland including in remote areas; it is getting good money from Igbo people as much as it is employing them. BTW, Globalcom is an IBB company which Adenuga is merely holding forth
African petroleum will employ how many?
Which are the real banks? How many of the banks are owned solely by Yoruba or they are publicly quoted and owned by all Nigerians? I, even I, have large shares in 10 banks including the 5 biggest ones. The typical Yoruba bank, namely WEMA Bank, will have as many Igbos as Zero in their employ. Thus, the idea that an Igbo takes a job from a Yoruba is rubbish. An average Yoruba will never employ an Igbo.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by olafolarin(m): 1:53am On Dec 27, 2009
mekusxxx:

Lagos ke? I am in Obodo Oyibo enjoying my life.
Note that I said ''how many''? I have not completely dismissed the possibility. However, Globalcom has offices/facilities in Igboland including in remote areas; it is getting good money from Igbo people as much as it is employing them. BTW, Globalcom is an IBB company which Adenuga is merely holding forth
African petroleum will employ how many?
Which are the real banks? How many of the banks are owned solely by Yoruba or they are publicly quoted and owned by all Nigerians? I, even I, have large shares in 10 banks including the 5 biggest ones. The typical Yoruba bank, namely WEMA Bank, will have as many Igbos as Zero in their employ. Thus, the idea that an Igbo takes a job from a Yoruba is rubbish. An average Yoruba will never employ an Igbo.

You sre so wrong on this one.
Please check the Lagos state executives and you'll see that Ben Akabueze was the Director of Budget & Planning under Tinubu and NOW  elevated to the Honourable Commissioner for Budget and planning.

The Publicity SEc of Action Congress(AC) in lagos state is Joe igokwe--an igbo man.
The board of most banks in Nigeria may be dominated by Yorubas but Ibos and Hausas are also employed.

It is very myopic to believe that Yorubas are Agberos.While working with UTB and GTB,i was in Ariara market,Aba and onitsha.The agberos in those mkts are even more vicious and greedy than those in lagos.

In every city,there are people in the lower elm of the society who lives from hand to mouth.They do odd jobs to survive and will use every laxity from govt to better their lot.Hence the emergence of Agbero in every aspect of Nigerias commercial life.

It is nothing tribal but innovations borne out of desperation to survive
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by mekusxxx: 2:00am On Dec 27, 2009
Olafolarin,

Abia and Enugu has or had Yoruba as senior special advisers to the respective governors. We also have discussed this here last time
The main shareholders of many of the banks are not Yoruba' maye be GTB and Intercontinental. First, Union banks are mixed. UBA is almost Igbo. Zenith is also mixed. Diamond is Igbo and so is Fidelity.

There are Agberos everywhere and that should not be in doubt. But we are talking of numbers here.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 2:05am On Dec 27, 2009
You are just stating crap
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by DOnlooker(m): 2:07am On Dec 27, 2009
Vallo57:

@Buchio7 & Mekuelele;

What else is new? Believe what suits u.  Bunch of rabid dogs.  Peace and out.
This Vallo57 really has big issues with Igbos. Well, just compare we Igbos with the Isrealite Jews. Do what you like, say what you like, you can't beat us !
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 2:08am On Dec 27, 2009
Well, just compare we Igbos with the Isrealite Jews.

in what way are they similar to israelite jews?
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by AloyEmeka6: 2:09am On Dec 27, 2009
olafolarin:

The Publicity SEc of Action Congress(AC) in lagos state is Joe igokwe--an igbo man.
The board of most banks in Nigeria may be  dominated by Yorubas but Ibos and Hausas are also employed.

Wrong; banking and employment follows a pattern which is who will attract more business. A bank can easily get hold of a rich Ogbomosho merchant through a Yoruba man[possibly his kinsman or something close] than an outsider. That is the premise in Nigerian banking. So, whether it's igbo bank, Yoruba or hausa bank, the demography of their workforce is heavily dependent on the structure of their market. Banking is not civil service where nepotism and tribalism are the order of the day. If you start yours with tribalism, you will limit your ability to grow bigger in due course.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by mekusxxx: 2:20am On Dec 27, 2009
OlaFolarin,

A certain Festus Adedayo was Special Adviser to the Executive Governor on Media Matters,
Enugu during Nnamani's regime

Another Yoruba was Orji Kalu's adviser and I could find the article

An Edo person is a special adviser on housing to the current Imo governor
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by olafolarin(m): 2:24am On Dec 27, 2009
mekusxxx:

Olafolarin,

Abia and Enugu has or had Yoruba as senior special advisers to the respective governors. We also have discussed this here last time
The main shareholders of many of the banks are not Yoruba' maye be GTB and Intercontinental. First, Union banks are mixed. UBA is almost Igbo. Zenith is also mixed. Diamond is Igbo and so is Fidelity.

There are Agberos everywhere and that should not be in doubt. But we are talking of numbers here.

What numbers precisely?
People should stop taking yorubas to be Agberos and area boys.Because there Agberos everywhere in Nigeria.
I was introduced to someone(an ibo man) in a social function here in germany and to my chagrin,he just shouted "egbon mi bawo ni" alaye baba.The friend who introduced us(an ibo man also) was really shocked  but i just laughed it off because it is obvious the fellow stayed too long in lagos maybe Lagos Island and must have faced enough stress miscreants.

Concerning banks what i am trying to say is that tribal imbalance is almost not feasible as every tribe is represnted.In order to generate deposits,it will be easier for an Ibo employee to seek deposits from Ibo depositor and vice versa.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Eziachi: 2:39am On Dec 27, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Desert ke? when they are still coming back next week.How i wish?.Anyway i wish all of una api xmas!

Hey! grin grin grin
Don't start getting funny ideas, while they were away. If any house is burgled, we know where to look as you want them to stay away for too long.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by FayeZik(f): 2:39am On Dec 27, 2009
@ Aloy-Emeka

And u r not a tribalist  See what u have started, tribalist chairman.
Suspicion confirmed!!! No wonder, u don't want to be known as 'omo Ibo'  (Funmi in disguise)Ahhhh Ahhhh very funny.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Eziachi: 2:49am On Dec 27, 2009
Vallo57:

Una don comot finish from your God forsaken land. Why? Erosion na terrible thing. Sorry o. Suffer head. Omo masanfani.

And you are writing from U.S.A, I will assume, the land of your forefathers and ancestors or you just dreaming of living in America? grin
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by namski(m): 2:54am On Dec 27, 2009
Abeg how much was the transport fare?
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Eziachi: 2:56am On Dec 27, 2009
Vallo57:

Nice try. You want to know my age? Keep on quessing. I am  not and will never be Igbo hater. A great number of my friends are Igbo. From my
primary school days  in Nigeria to my Uni. in Maryland and North Carolina. We are still friends till today. Once again, no hatrad on my part  towards
my Igbo brothers and sisters. But I can't stand your ilk. The Oloriburukus and oloshis.
Nice try too. So you don't know that every white racist first line of self defense is that he has so many black friends? With  friend like you, who needs an enemy?
The closest you have to to befriend an Igbo my is in your dreams in your desperate attempt of trying ways of befriending him and then behead him.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Eziachi: 3:02am On Dec 27, 2009
jerk:

i want to ask why igbos are so greedy that the will hike the transport fare during the season they know that their people will be going home,even the poor families are finding it difficult to travel home WHY IGBOS?

The same greed that causes NEPA to send bills and charge for services, they never provided.
The same greed that empowers all Nigerian banks to charge 25% interest on loans.
The same greed that forces your government to deregulate the price of kerosene for the common man.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Eziachi: 3:16am On Dec 27, 2009
jerk:

i never see  a tribe as greedy as u people thats why you can never be one,am i not telling the truth?

I will guess that you meant they should borrow a leaf of unity from the these lot below?

Awolowo &. Akintola
Aregosola & Oyinola
Oni & Fayemi
Oni & Fayose
Abiola & Awolowo
Ladoja & Akala
OBJ & Gbenga (His own son)
Victor Oluloye & Bola Ige
Akin Omoboriowo & Ajasin
Iyabo Obasanjo & Gbenga Daniel
Modakeke & Ife
Ibadan & Ogbomosho
Adeniji Adele & Bode George
Funso William & Those his loving/united brothers that killed him
Dr Daramola & Those his loving/united brothers that killed him.
Senator Omisore & Bola Ige
The United AD party (Sorry, no longer exist due too much)

And they all should be as non greedy as Tafa Balogun that effectively well looked after police money that he got a nobel price for his non greediness.

Do well to plug out the grass in your own eyes first before telling others that they have rafters in their’s and that is called HYPOCRISY
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Eziachi: 3:23am On Dec 27, 2009
juneau:

if home is soo good Y wont u guys just stay in the east!?

They will go home the day Julius Berger will go back to Germany.
But you are busy calling a person you killed his whole family because you wanted him to be part of that same country by all means now to go home?

If a person is asked to go home in his own country, what is the Biafra war all about? You are going to be tired to see OUR faces.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 4:08am On Dec 27, 2009
all of you people need a family and some food and stop arguing.
yawn. . .
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by chiscoaz(m): 7:04am On Dec 27, 2009
I wish all my igbo fellows a safe trip,and all Nairaland users a merry christmas,and a blissfull new year, cheers.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by ec3l(m): 7:25am On Dec 27, 2009
Thanks the Amaka,ur one of a kind in this forum. Peeps seriously,be reasonable,we no even get anything for Nigeria yet we're blinded wit tribalism or ethnicism,and that's why we aint working together to translate our country from the third world to the 1st,2nd sef. Do u ever stop to notice that if we rid ourselves of such mindsets which we now posses,so many children,families,friends even lineages who were lost to wars and violent displays would be alive today? The monies wasted,times,efforts,resources even talents that if rightly channelled would have taken us a little closer to development would still be here? U never lost anyone or anything to such violences? Are we so unreasonable that after all the disasters & wrecks wrought by ethnics wars and riots,we could still afford to be thus minded? Because this is how it all starts,if anyone of u here arguing becomes the next leader of nigeria,instead of being development minded,u'd focus more on who's in ur state or not,thereby leading vandalisation of properties,even destruction of lives. The truth is every part of a body is important,no matter how small it seems. Nigeria is a body,we all are parts of this body,no one is more important,otherwise cut off the seemingly small niger delta from nigeria and lets see what happens next. Dont be biased. A home divided against itself cannot stand. Take a hard look around,because Nigeria will remain just what u see in 20 yrs to come,if we dont swallow our indifferences against other ethnicities and work together towards our common good. Only nigerians will build nigerian,we youths are the future,the hope of a better nation,and if we keep arguing tribalically over a triffle matters like igbos travelling for xmas,what then is the hope? What will be the case when we become the leaders and bigger issues like our oil come up? U could guess the result. So be reasonable. I love u the Amaka,like u wrote its the holidays,lets make it beautiful. No more arguements aiight. Merry xmas
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by buchio7(m): 7:28am On Dec 27, 2009
all dese toothless chihuahuas who hav exalted igbo bashin to a crusade can go hang. Whether una like am or no like am d tin b sey we go still dey make money 4 una cities n go home 4 xmas. U guys hav no modicum of decency, y wld a topic abt travelling b turned into an avenue to spout ur jaundiced ethnic views
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 27, 2009
its becoming clear to me that a particular tribe in this country are so insecure that they hold another tribe responsible for the consequences of their actions,

if u can not deal with the level of intelligence, confidence and even the hospitality given to you then call your tribe a failure and stop bringing the yorubas in to every picture.

afterall the yorubas buy what u sell in lagos.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by buchio7(m): 9:35am On Dec 27, 2009
frm where i stand it seems u r d insecure one since u cant even com out n say wat u feel bt hide behind innuendoes. Dats d worst sort of cowardice attributable to " a particular tribe in dis country" who r ofe nmanu eaters
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by spikedcylinder: 9:48am On Dec 27, 2009
No wonder the igbos are always on the defence, the attacks are ridiculous. Go home this, go home that. Na una papa get Lagos?
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 27, 2009
the rational beings speak in parables, but that doesn't make them a cowardice. It only takes another rational being to conceptualize their ideas.

if u can tell what i stand for in my earlier post, then u'll know am not insecure, but i doubt u'll ever get it.

olodo.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 27, 2009
spikedcylinder:

No wonder the igbos are always on the defence, the attacks are ridiculous. Go home this, go home that. Na una papa get Lagos?

We go lead you for your land. 70% of Lagos is Igbo. Yoruba boys are working as goods lifters for ordinary Igbo traders. You be omo odo for your own land. Jealous goat.[/s]

starting a tribal tirade is your defence mechanism? if u do it with the north u might get away with it, but keep it away from the yorubas. he who pays the pipe will not be able to call for the tunes in this case, cos someone else will be calling it.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by buchio7(m): 10:11am On Dec 27, 2009
toothless tirade will get u folks nowhere neither will grand standing. It was a "rational"minded aburo of urs dat took a simple thread like dis n turned it into a fora where all u rabid "rational" n may i add tribalistic dynos can com 2 take pot shots at igbos. BRING IT ON! Layabts.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by metalgong5(m): 10:16am On Dec 27, 2009
shellboy:

We go lead you for your land. 70% of Lagos is Igbo. Yoruba boys are working as goods lifters for ordinary Igbo traders. You be omo odo for your own land. Jealous goat.[/s]

starting a tribal tirade is your defence mechanism? if u do it with the north u might get away with it, but keep it away from the yorubas. he who pays the pipe will not be able to call for the tunes in this case, cos someone else will be calling it.

hahahahaha . . . . . Imagine a tribe synonymous with cowardice is threatening the fearless Igbos. You must be living in one of those yoruba caves.
If not the presence of Igbos in Lagos, the yoruba populace would have degenerated into almajiri beggars.
Yoruba governments are just surviving by taxing Igbo businesses and also extorting money from them with the use of Agberos and Alaye boys.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by buchio7(m): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2009

Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child / Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. / Governors Go Spiritual Over NGF Crisis

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73