Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos (11044 Views)

162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week / NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES / New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by buchio7(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
[b][/b]Nna dis sefago bukwanu ike ewu, oh!
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by mekusxxx: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2009
SEFAGO:

Abeg Ibo or igbo. Those of us brought up learning in british school we dey call-am ibo wink

who cares?
Omo Yoruba. You are really showing a lot of disrespect here. For a knavish village tout yet to see the four walls of a higher educational institution, you might yet be forgiven.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by amor4ce(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
@buchio7, thanks for your response as I had "feared" attracting some sort of abusive comments. To me, it is from DNA evidence we can get a credible information about how the various ethnic groups in Nigeria got here.

@Andre Uweh, some people from your region have claimed that one of Ibo or Igbo (I cannot recall which in particular) refers to the people and the other refers to the language. I really would like to know the right word so as to avoid unconsciously offending them.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
[size=20pt]IGBO[/size] it is!
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by amor4ce(m): 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
Why blame the british for the supposed misnomer? The insect that eats the vegetable lives within the vegetable and besides the Brits left since 1960.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by platinumnk(f): 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
igbo kwenu grin grin
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2009
ibo kwenu

grin

Omo Yoruba. You are really showing a lot of disrespect here. For a knavish village tout yet to see the four walls of a higher educational institution, you might yet be forgiven.

Omoibo, as you correctly guessed I have not seen the four walls of a higher educational institution. However, I excelled in the tout-ism I learned on a short visit to owerri and I am displaying it for you to see.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
amor4ce:

@buchio7, thanks for your response as I had "feared" attracting some sort of abusive comments. To me, it is from DNA evidence we can get a credible information about how the various ethnic groups in Nigeria got here.

@Andre Uweh, some people from your region have claimed that one of Ibo or Igbo (I cannot recall which in particular) refers to the people and the other refers to the language. I really would like to know the right word so as to avoid unconsciously offending them.
The British spelt it Ibo instead of Igbo. Reason, because they do not have gb in their alphabet. The correct spelling is Igbo just as other posters here have written.
It is very disrespectful to say Ibo.
Why not look at the Igbo apex body and what it is called?. OHA NA EZE NDI IGBO.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2009
IGBO=name of a people.
IGBO=language of a people.
Similar to
English=name of a people
English=language of a people.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by platinumnk(f): 11:57pm On Dec 29, 2009
SEFAGO:

ibo kwenu IGBO

grin
Omoibo, as you correctly guessed I have not seen the four walls of a higher educational institution. However, I excelled in the tout-ism I learned on a short visit to owerri and I am displaying it for you to see.

Yoruba tout cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 11:59pm On Dec 29, 2009
Yoruba tout

I prefer nigbati nigbati (Like if i really care)

Ibo kwenu

I am greeting my fellow brothers and they are not even welcoming me in their arms undecided

Anyways safe journey, one of my houseboys could be on the trip

Anyways just playing with you all

Igbo kwenu grin
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 1:25am On Dec 30, 2009
hmmmm yeah, its igbo.
why should you be saying you grew up speaking "british english" like they are the ones to say it right or wrong or tell you the "correct" way to say it. is igbo even english?
hope youre joking sha.

i wouldn't go around saying Yoruba or ijo cause that's just rude.

anyway, IGBO KWENU!
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Abagworo(m): 4:33am On Dec 30, 2009
ibo and igbo are thesame thing.it is just differences in spelling.compare ilesha and ilesa or osogbo and oshogbo.onicha and onitsha.no need to argue about the correct one.after all it was the whites that introduced roman writing of african languages.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by gidson12(m): 8:57am On Dec 30, 2009
Abagworo:

ibo and igbo are thesame thing.it is just differences in spelling.compare ilesha and ilesa or osogbo and oshogbo.onicha and onitsha.no need to argue about the correct one.after all it was the whites that introduced roman writing of african languages.
i think u're not only crazy, u're equally stupid, how does ibo and igbo sound alike, if someone from nowhere come and change ur name and more so misspelled it just to suit himself would u be happy to accept it, or wouldn't U take measures to correct it, onisha and onitsha may sound alike but ibo and igbo are different and they don't sound alike, the correct one is IGBO, take note of the gb more stress on it
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by rethink: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2009
@POSTS

People are going home and it becomes an avenue to hatred.(i am shaking my head here)
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2009
ABAGWORO
With due respect, do not mislead some Igbo youths born outside Igboland and who read your posts for awareness. You have done a lot in promoting Igbo culture via nairaland. For you to make the comments above is unexpected of you. Please note that what you write here is being read globally. Please, represent well. IGBO is it.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Eziachi: 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2009
SEFAGO:

Abeg Ibo or igbo. Those  of us brought up learning in british school we dey call-am ibo wink

who cares?

grin
You never fail to disappoint, so, in all your aclaimed wisdom, you tellng us that the British now tell you an African how best to pronounce or write an African word or name?
What people can do or say for hate without realising the implications. One of these days, I will remind you, your above statement.

I don't really give a toss how you ignorantly want to call Ndigbo, as you are making a fool of yourself, writing or pronouncing a word wrongly, while actaully knowing that it is wrong, if you insist on calling a CAT a ZAT,because you Timbuktu school you were sent taught you so, whom am I to stop you?
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Mekana(m): 12:24am On Dec 31, 2009
Abagworo:

This guy is just a layman (to be soft) and extremely unintellectual in his assumption. U ended up exposing your mediocrity. Yoruba, linguistically, is unsophisticated and anachronistically inconsistent. Igbo, however, follows a definite and systematic formular, which meant that words are pronounced and written as they are. In yoruba, words like Akapo is pronounced: "akakpo," Osun= "Oshun" Segun pronounced as "Shegun." Since the West introduced Western education, written records, science etc, we should also allow them to continue to distort our history and cultural heritage? U need to concentrate on developing your yoruba linguistic, because it it far from scientific.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 12:30am On Dec 31, 2009
Ibo kwenu grin

Who gives an F?

In yoruba, words like Akapo is pronounced: "akakpo," Osun= "Oshun" Segun pronounced as "Shegun."

Not really correct. It makes sense why Osun=Oshun, the s is an "sh" sound when a mark is placed below it. Regardless dont have hypertension over what you are called- you are ibo to be and thats what y'all would be to me.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Mekana(m): 12:54am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

Ibo kwenu grin

Who gives an F?

Not really correct. It makes sense why Osun=Oshun, the s is an "sh" sound when a mark is placed below it. Regardless dont have hypertension over what you are called- you are ibo to be and thats what y'all would be to me.

Safegoat=scapegoat, yorubatic bigot.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 12:55am On Dec 31, 2009
ibo kwenu
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Mekana(m): 1:27am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

ibo kwenu

Obasanjo 4cked mojisola (daughter inlaw). Incestous serial 4cker like u.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 1:28am On Dec 31, 2009
Relax man I am just here to party. No long thing cool
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by gidson12(m): 6:35am On Dec 31, 2009
Mekana:

Obasanjo 4cked mojisola (daughter inlaw). Incestous serial 4cker like u.
thats yoruba's 4 u, they can never take their eyes from other ppls wife, even their own pickin wife sef smiley
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by hoba(m): 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2009
Firstly, I must say happy New year to you all as we step into 2010 with pride as one Nigeria.

Secondly, the likes of SEFAGO and Vollo57 are actually fools; I wonder if at all they went to school before they embark on their purported Credit card Scam they learnt in Lagos.
Do you know how many people and non Nigerians that could be going through this? That shows exactly how this Nation in run, on tribalism likes your founders and fathers.
Academically, can you stand where an Igbo stood? Check National competitions and examination, do your people perform more than the Igbos?
Is high time we should look at our self as one no matter where you are from as long as you are born in that place, you are from there.

Come to think of it, what do you have in the west than Oluwole? How many of your rural communities are decent to look at, you don’t go home because you don’t have any. That is why your likes are running the nation as they like. I am from South-South and I am proud to be from Igbo extraction because they are fearless not a fear, fear man like you and an oh yes member (sit down they look) do you think the North like you better; they have already known you are a Chameleon. The whole of the South-South including two to three state in the South East has an oil well, (tell me how many oil well the west has and how many state has oil?) Instead of you to bring up meaningful discussions that would lift Nigeria, you are here talking nonsense. I know the likes of you (DEY WASH OYIBO MAN TOILET AND DEY WASH EM WIFE YASH WEY GET STROKE, UNA DEY ALSO WASH DEAD BODY FOR THERE IDIOT LIKE YOU)

Because they don teach you how to use internet, you get for your village? FOOL.

If I catch you here they talk this nonsense, I go make sure say you no log on here again ANIMAL….
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2009
@HOBA
Compliments of the season.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 10:25pm On Dec 31, 2009
Firstly, I must say happy New year to you all as we step into 2010 with pride as one Nigeria.

Secondly, the likes of SEFAGO and Vollo57 are actually fools; I wonder if at all they went to school before they embark on their purported Credit card Scam they learnt in Lagos.
Do you know how many people and non Nigerians that could be going through this? That shows exactly how this Nation in run, on tribalism likes your founders and fathers.
Academically, can you stand where an Igbo stood? Check National competitions and examination, do your people perform more than the Igbos?
Is high time we should look at our self as one no matter where you are from as long as you are born in that place, you are from there.

Come to think of it, what do you have in the west than Oluwole? How many of your rural communities are decent to look at, you don’t go home because you don’t have any. That is why your likes are running the nation as they like. I am from South-South and I am proud to be from Igbo extraction because they are fearless not a fear, fear man like you and an oh yes member (sit down they look) do you think the North like you better; they have already known you are a Chameleon. The whole of the South-South including two to three state in the South East has an oil well, (tell me how many oil well the west has and how many state has oil?) Instead of you to bring up meaningful discussions that would lift Nigeria, you are here talking nonsense. I know the likes of you (DEY WASH OYIBO MAN TOILET AND DEY WASH EM WIFE YASH WEY GET STROKE, UNA DEY ALSO WASH DEAD BODY FOR THERE slowpoke LIKE YOU)

If I catch you here they talk this nonsense, I go make sure say you no log on here again ANIMAL….

wetin now? Ngozi didnt out out this christmas or what?
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Vallo57(m): 2:55am On Jan 01, 2010
hoba:

Come to think of it, what do you have in the west than Oluwole? How many of your rural communities are decent to look at, you don’t go home because you don’t have any. That is why your likes are running the nation as they like. I am from South-South and I am proud to be from Igbo extraction because they are fearless not a fear, fear man like you and an oh yes member (sit down they look) do you think the North like you better; they have already known you are a Chameleon. The whole of the South-South including two to three state in the South East has an oil well, (tell me how many oil well the west has and how many state has oil?) Instead of you to bring up meaningful discussions that would lift Nigeria, you are here talking nonsense. I know the likes of you (DEY WASH OYIBO MAN TOILET AND DEY WASH EM WIFE YASH WEY GET STROKE, UNA DEY ALSO WASH DEAD BODY FOR THERE slowpoke LIKE YOU)

Hoba the one legged Nincompoop. Nobi your fault. I no blame u, I blame your Parole officer for alabgon who let u out for a weekend pass. Anofia.
Better people dey talk, u come put your no good yellow kisser in the matter way big pass u. I beg jump back into the muddy river way you commot , Freaking Carolina water cricket. Shio!1
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by hoba(m): 2:05pm On Jan 01, 2010
Vallo57:

Hoba the one legged Nincompoop. Nobi your fault. I no blame u, I blame your Parole officer for alabgon who let u out for a weekend pass. Anofia.
Better people dey talk, u come put your no good yellow kisser in the matter way big pass u. I beg jump back into the muddy river way you commot , Freaking Carolina water cricket. Shio!1

VallO57, You think say you get mouth abi, Wimp like you. Abi na you be one legged Nincompoop for here. You forget say you no get work for Nigeria. Don’t worry your cup go soon full. Abeg this na new year; start afresh again and pray make God help you, make you no use empty hand come back for Naija.
Lastly, I beg you well, well STOP THOSE YOUR SCAMS:
Happy New year! cool
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by BabaMutum1: 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2010
before nko? It would have been news if they refused to go home
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Vallo57(m): 6:32am On Jan 02, 2010
hoba:

VallO57, You think say you get mouth abi, Wimp like you. Abi na you be one legged Nincompoop for here. You forget say you no get work for Nigeria. Don’t worry your cup go soon full. Abeg this na new year; start afresh again and pray make God help you, make you no use empty hand come back for Naija.
Lastly, I beg you well, well STOP THOSE YOUR SCAMS:
Happy New year! cool

Hoba, I get mouth, brains and good looks too. God is always on my side. E be my co-pilot too. About Niger or obodo Oyinbo, no shaking.
Try and also follow ur own advice. Stop being a street Chemist.
Happy new Year to u Bro. Peace and Alafia in 2010 and beyond.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by hackney(m): 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2010
Xmas in naija was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeett!!!!!!!!!
The sun was almost too hot sha (which led to more beer) grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday / Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. / Fuel Scarcity May Persist Beyond May 29 – Major Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.